What would change your mind?

• 5620 Replies

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
Re: What would change your mind?
« Reply #4380 on: April 13, 2021, 09:17:22 PM »
On a flat plane.
Looking through a 6 ft high tube at a 30 ft high tree.

I'm not talking about a flat plane. I'm talking about the ludicrous global model.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4381 on: April 14, 2021, 12:29:11 AM »
If you are
at a 3 mile standpoint and looking to the 4th mile.

How far away from your 3 mile standpoint is the 4th mile?

Hint: it isn't 4 miles away.

It's pretty simple and logical to grasp.

4 - 3 = ?

Does 4 minus 3 not equal 1?
You are trying to claim 4 minus 3 equals 11.
1 mile. Very simple.

« Reply #4382 on: April 14, 2021, 12:51:58 AM »
I can't entertain this tube compression of light garbage. There is no evidence light compresses. Open your eyes and look around and see the world around you, if you want to try and appreciate how light works.

Sceptimatic, do you own a mobile phone? If yes, what make and model is it?

JackBlack

« Reply #4383 on: April 14, 2021, 02:37:13 AM »
No. The tube is at the 3rd mile already in terms of drop.
No, it as at the 0th mile.
It isn't equivalent to anything.

If you try to make it equivalent, you are no longer looking level through the tube.

Does this diagram help:

Notice how in order to make it equivalent to being 3 miles further away, you no longer have it level?
Notice how instead you have the tube point up?
A level tube 6 ft above the surface is NOT equivalent to a level tube at ground level 3 miles further away.

A level tube at ground level 3 miles further away is equivalent to a tube pointing upwards 6 ft above the surface.

So again, THEY ARE NOT EQUIVALENT!

The ground drops by 8 inches, meaning the bottom of the tree/whatever would be 6 ft 8 inches below eye level.
No amount of BS can change that.

Forget about the curve for now, and just focus on that ground being inches further down, like I provided in the other image your refused to address, likely because you know it will expose your BS.

Again, how far below the eye line is the location indicated in this image:

You are stood looking through the tube at 6 feet which is equivalent to being at the 3rd mile.
You people know this.
No, what we actually know is that that is yet another outright lie you make due to your irrational hatred of the globe.

Here's a clue.
Put the tube on the figure eyeline.
You mean like I did, and clearly demonstrated that the tree is 6 ft 8 inches below the eye line?
You said the tube is at the 3 mile mark, so he showed you what that actually means.
He shows your dishonesty.

Why you've got the 6 feet 3 miles away is a mystery, unless you're simply getting desperate.
No, the mystery is why you pretend that. But it is clear, you are desperate.
You have admitted that you can see objects below the tube, so you now need to lie about the drop to pretend it is much bigger than it is.

And again, if you do lie and pretend it is 11 ft, that STILL ISN'T ENOUGH!
Why should that magically make it invisible?

I could say the same to you but you would say you'd put your life on the line in a toss up because you have a two headed coin handed to you by officials of the global nonsense.
But that isn't what we have. We have mountains of evidence supporting the RE, and plenty of people do put their lives on the line based on that. They just don't see it like that because it is like putting your life on the line when you stand on the street and don't expect it to have a giant space monster pop out of it and eat you.

The reason you were asked is because you have nothing at all to support your insane claims, in contrast to the RE which has so much it isn't funny.

The fact you are not willing to put anything on the line for your outrageous lies shows you know they are almost certainly BS and that you have no confidence in them at all.

You're really struggling, or are you?
I hope you're just playing games like you've been doing for long enough.
There you go projecting again.
His argument is sound, raising your eye line will not magically make the curve greater or magically make the ground lower.
After 1 mile, the ground drops by 8 inches.
If you are directly at the ground, then that places that more distant ground 8 inches below.

If you move up to 6 ft above the ground, you make the more distant ground 6 ft 8 inches below.
Raising your eye line to 6 ft will not magically make the ground curve away more.

You are struggling to defend your irrational hatred of the globe.
Looking from 6 feet is equivalent to being at a 3 mile standpoint and looking to the 4th mile.
It's pretty simple and logical to grasp.
All you're doing is twisting it to suit yourself because it just makes your globe that bit harder to hang onto.
If it truly was that simple and logical you would be able to address what I just provided.
As clearly shown, looking through a level tube at an elevation of 6 ft, to an object 1 mile away, is NOT equivalent to looking at that same object from 4 miles away.

Instead, as clearly shown looking at a distant object from 4 miles away is equivalent to standing 1 mile away, looking through a tube at 6 ft, which is pointing up.

Simple logic clearly indicates that because the ground has dropped by 8 inches, the object is now an additional 8 inches lower, that means it is 6 ft 8 inches, not your blatant lie of 11 feet.

Again, 6 ft + 8 inches, is 6 ft 8 inches, not 11 feet.

The shape of the ground only matters for 1 point, determining how far the ground has dropped. It doesn't matter if it is a set of steps or the wavy ground I provided in the image, the ground dropping by 8 inches, means the bottom of the object is an additional 8 inches below.

Simple math and logic shows you are wrong.

If the lies you were spouting were actually simple and logical, you would have addressed the points.
The fact you are dodging them shows it is just another of your lies that you know is a lie.

You are the one twisting here, you are blatantly lying about the RE, trying to twist it to pretend there is a problem when there is none, and the saddest part is even your twisting is a complete failure as 11 ft still isn't enough to magically make the ground invisible.

« Reply #4384 on: April 14, 2021, 03:36:35 AM »

what part of words are confusing you?

you seem very easily confused
you must be a complete moron.

Your eyeball is a pinhole camera
The closer the objext the large the angles and resulting area on the back surface = far tree looks small

Its explained and reason has been given.
What do you fail to understand about its basic concept?
Are you of the position that they dont work?

You keeo takking about compressing views over distance.
The pinhole is jow to represent this wih an accurate and dimensionably scalable diagram as dvident by my very bereft description with experimentally useful reproducible diagram.

Unlike your word salad and lack of diagram
My diagram shows how close tree looks big-far tree lokks small, and jigsaws woth kackBs angular-distance graph and bored (correct) tree tu-tube drawing.
Clearly communicated as evident by everyone understanding it.... everyone.
Even the one wackadoodle who is faking it and curewntly dodging any acknowledgment of it because he must dismiss it because he cant bring up a valid point to argue it.
It must be dodged and dismissed or he must accept his tutube premise is wrong.

TLDR
Its a pinhole.
It explains how your eye works.
It shows field of view and debunks your tu-tube.

Keeps gerting overlooked.
He asked for words.
He got words.
He even got a picture to go along with the words.
Funny its overlooked.

Are these not words?
What part of words confuses you?

Eorher "compression" happenes because eyeballs are pinhole cameras which capture images on the retina, and close obkects have big angles taking up most of retina vs far objects are small taking up small part of retina - due to angles

Or

Light compression fluting happens in the tu-tube (even when the tu-tube is not there)

Sceppy?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4385 on: April 14, 2021, 09:23:53 PM »
I can't entertain this tube compression of light garbage. There is no evidence light compresses. Open your eyes and look around and see the world around you, if you want to try and appreciate how light works.

£23.99 pay as you go.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4386 on: April 14, 2021, 09:27:52 PM »

If it truly was that simple and logical you would be able to address what I just provided.
As clearly shown, looking through a level tube at an elevation of 6 ft, to an object 1 mile away, is NOT equivalent to looking at that same object from 4 miles away.

I am talking about elevation of sight over ground, not visual clarity of an object. You know fine well what I'm saying.

« Reply #4387 on: April 14, 2021, 10:38:05 PM »

The closer the objext the large the angles and resulting area on the back surface = far tree looks small

The pinhole is jow to represent this wih an accurate and dimensionably scalable diagram as dvident by my very bereft description with experimentally useful reproducible diagram.

My diagram shows how close tree looks big-far tree lokks small, and jigsaws woth kackBs angular-distance graph and bored (correct) tree tu-tube drawing.
Even the one wackadoodle who is faking it and curewntly dodging any acknowledgment of it because he must dismiss it because he cant bring up a valid point to argue it.

TLDR
Its a pinhole.

He asked for words.
He got words.
Funny its overlooked.

Are these not words?

Eorher "compression" happenes because eyeballs are pinhole cameras which capture images on the retina, and close obkects have big angles taking up most of retina vs far objects are small taking up small part of retina - due to angles

Or

Light compression fluting happens in the tu-tube (even when the tu-tube is not there)

Sceppy?

What we got?
Any comment about why "compressing the flute vision over distance" is a word salad when a simple diagram suffices?

Pinhole, eyeball, yes/ no?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4388 on: April 14, 2021, 10:41:27 PM »
All your claims require the tube to be at 6 ft off the Ground, is the view entirely different from 5 ft?
Or is it just that the maths is beyond your llimited maths ability?
I've said what I've said. Deal with it and accept it, or don't.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4389 on: April 14, 2021, 11:32:11 PM »
When I actually look through the tube in real life the horizon appears much closer to the centre of the tube, like the first picture (the one you think needs a  hill)

I don't think anything needs a hill. What are you talking about?

« Reply #4390 on: April 15, 2021, 01:31:49 AM »
You havent said anything in regards to a pinhole camera

Whata yoyr "opinion"???????

JackBlack

« Reply #4391 on: April 15, 2021, 03:02:36 AM »
I am talking about elevation of sight over ground, not visual clarity of an object. You know fine well what I'm saying.
And you are explicitly talking about a LEVEL VIEW!
You also know that on a RE, the ground curves, and as explained to you repeatedly, that changes level.
Level remains perpindicular to the direction of down, and ignoring the tiny eccentricity that means towards the centre of Earth.

As clearly shown by the diagram, for a level view 6 ft above the ground, as the ground drops 8 inches in that first mile, the bottom of the object is 6 ft 8 inches below the line straight from the eye, passing level through the eye.

If instead you try a view from 4 miles away at the surface, that is NOT equivalent to a level view. Instead it is equivalent to a view looking UP!

Again, what is wrong with this diagram:

It clearly shows that the bottom of the object is 6 ft 8 inches below the eye line, not the magical 11 ft you claim.

And regardless of if you want to accept reality and accept the 6 ft 8 inches, or if you want to continue to reject reality and instead pretend it is magically 11 ft; both are still well below the required 200 + ft needed to hide it from the FOV of the tube. So again, on a RE, you have no basis to claim that the ground should not be visible.

Your only hope was to claim that because it was below the tube it wasn't visible, but you have admitted that is not the case and that things below the tube can be seen.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4392 on: April 15, 2021, 08:14:42 AM »
You havent said anything in regards to a pinhole camera

Whata yoyr "opinion"???????
Explain it.

« Reply #4393 on: April 15, 2021, 08:15:24 AM »
Its been explained

Hoe about you explain what you dont get

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4394 on: April 15, 2021, 08:17:32 AM »

The 6 feet would start at the black line.
It means the black line is equivalent to a 3 mile distance in terms of 8 inches per mile squared x the 3 mile.

The next distance from that black line is equivalent to the 4th mile.
You know this.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4395 on: April 15, 2021, 08:19:05 AM »
Its been explained

Hoe about you explain what you dont get
I've never seen any explanation from you.

« Reply #4396 on: April 15, 2021, 08:23:27 AM »

TLDR
Its a pinhole.

He asked for words.
He got words.
Funny its overlooked.

Are these not words?

Or

Sceppy?

What we got?
Any comment about why "compressing the flute vision over distance" is a word salad when a simple diagram suffices?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4397 on: April 15, 2021, 08:25:48 AM »

Explain what it's all about and what you mean.
Explain it.
Take as much time as you wish but pasting the stuff you do will only see it get overlooked, so it's your waste and a waste to the forum.....but, I'm not in charge of you, so do what you feel.

« Reply #4398 on: April 15, 2021, 08:33:36 AM »

TLDR
Its a pinhole.

He asked for words.
He got words.
Funny its overlooked.

Are these not words?

Or

Sceppy?

What we got?

These are my words
Read them
Then Pick some that confuse you.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #4399 on: April 15, 2021, 08:47:36 AM »

It means the black line is equivalent to a 3 mile distance in terms of 8 inches per mile squared x the 3 mile.

You know this.

After more than a dozen years you still don't know a thing about what you rail against.

Here's the calculation and result of our 30' Tree, 400' away from your 6' level eye-height:

If you would like to do the calculations yourself, go here (You can even do an FE calculation):
http://walter.bislins.ch/bloge/index.asp?page=Advanced+Earth+Curvature+Calculator

Try and at least catch up to what it is you think you are against and how it works.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4400 on: April 15, 2021, 09:31:58 AM »

You know this.

After more than a dozen years you still don't know a thing about what you rail against.

Here's the calculation and result of our 30' Tree, 400' away from your 6' level eye-height:

If you would like to do the calculations yourself, go here (You can even do an FE calculation):
http://walter.bislins.ch/bloge/index.asp?page=Advanced+Earth+Curvature+Calculator

Try and at least catch up to what it is you think you are against and how it works.
You don't even know what you're arguing with me.
It's clear by what you and others put up.

« Reply #4401 on: April 15, 2021, 10:06:00 AM »
then don't argue with him and address the pinhole.

words

please read the words used to describe the pinhole and eyeball and how the function of the pinhole creates angles of light which when captured on the retina send a signal to the brain to make how close = big and far = small.

picture

https://www.ux1.eiu.edu/~cfadd/1160/Ch26OIn/Images/Hmwk/26.2.gif

your opinion?

JackBlack

« Reply #4402 on: April 15, 2021, 02:48:48 PM »

You know this.
No, I know you are full of pure BS.

The black line is 6 ft high.
The purple line is looking out at that 6 ft high point, with the tube level at that 6 ft high point.

The orange line is looking from 3 miles further back.

Again, notice how even though it passes through that 6 ft high point, it isn't level at that point?
Notice how instead it is going at an upwards angle?

That other orange line labelled 11 ft is your drop for the 4th mile. But notice how that isn't from the view through the level tube?
Instead it is from a view through a tube pointing upwards.

Again, this shows you are blatantly lying.

Again, the shape is irrelevant except for figuring out how far the ground has dropped.
Other than it doesn't matter at all to the height of the object.
The ground has dropped by 8 inches, that means it will be 6 ft 8 inches below the eye line.

You will never magically get those 8 inches to magically increase to the 5 ft you need.

Again, if your position was actually supported by reason, you would be able to do more than just repeat the same pathetic lie again and again.

And as I have explained, even if we went with your blatant lie of 11 ft, IT STILL ISN'T ENOUGH!
You need more than 200 ft to hide it from view from the tube discussed earlier.

So you are just running of yet another tangent to hide from the fact that you are wrong, yet again.
And yet again you are trying to prop up your irrational hatred of the globe with blatant lies.

« Reply #4403 on: April 15, 2021, 02:51:49 PM »

£23.99 pay as you go.

Did that dinosaur come with dinosaur eggs? Nevertheless, you have gps on your phone, don't you? Which stands for Global Positioning System. This means your position on the global earth can be tracked to within a metre.

Please dont try and tell us, there are invisible land towers everywhere which triangulate your position. Phone towers do triangulate your position, within a large area, but not within meters like gps.

Here's your chance sceptimatic, to reach deep into that hat of ideas of yours and come up with yet another nonsensical explanation. You know, I tried to give you an easy out by suggesting everything you type here, is for an alternate universe based video game.

« Reply #4404 on: April 15, 2021, 02:57:34 PM »
sceppy continues to fail at basic geometry, will he be able to comprehend the pinhole?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4405 on: April 15, 2021, 09:19:09 PM »

words

please read the words used to describe the pinhole and eyeball and how the function of the pinhole creates angles of light which when captured on the retina send a signal to the brain to make how close = big and far = small.

picture

your opinion?
You are arguing for scoped sight.
Why are you arguing for scoped sight?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4406 on: April 15, 2021, 09:28:56 PM »

You know this.
No, I know you are full of pure BS.

The black line is 6 ft high.
The purple line is looking out at that 6 ft high point, with the tube level at that 6 ft high point.

The orange line is looking from 3 miles further back.

You actually believe that orange line is meant to be something.
Let me make this a bit clearer for you.

Your orange line should hit the top of the black line.
Your orange line is your 8 inch for first mile start, plus your second mile at 32 inches, plus your third mile to the top of the black line at 6 feet.

Don't even pretend there's just another 8 inches added from the top of that black line for a mile further over that curve. It's squared again by the 4th mile from that black line at 6 feet.

You twist is as you want but you're getting desperate.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4407 on: April 15, 2021, 09:39:58 PM »

Did that dinosaur come with dinosaur eggs?
It's a simple phone to answer calls, primarily.

Quote from: Smoke Machine
Nevertheless, you have gps on your phone, don't you?
Nope.

Which stands for Global ground Positioning System. This means your position on the global ground of earth can be tracked to within a metre.

I've amended that for you.

Please dont try and tell us, there are invisible land towers everywhere which triangulate your position. Phone towers do triangulate your position, within a large area, but not within meters like gps.
Invisible? Nahhhh, not invisible.

Look around you at all the masts and tall buildings, plus ships at sea, etc, etc.
They all create a communication/network hub.

The pretence that is all comes from space, is just that.

Here's your chance sceptimatic, to reach deep into that hat of ideas of yours and come up with yet another nonsensical explanation. You know, I tried to give you an easy out by suggesting everything you type here, is for an alternate universe based video game.
I want nothing from you. Nothing you say has any effect on what I think.
Concentrate on freeing your own brain from fantasy and arrogance/ignorance and basic nastiness.

« Reply #4408 on: April 15, 2021, 11:20:14 PM »

words

picture

your opinion?

Define scoped

Because your reading comprehension must be really really poor if when i say  "your eyeball is a pinhole camera" and somehow your wackadookie brain thought i meant to add a scope.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4409 on: April 15, 2021, 11:43:27 PM »

words

picture

your opinion?

Define scoped

Because your reading comprehension must be really really poor if when i say  "your eyeball is a pinhole camera" and somehow your wackadookie brain thought i meant to add a scope.
Define pin hole.