What would change your mind?

• 5620 Replies
Re: What would change your mind?
« Reply #4350 on: April 12, 2021, 12:10:59 PM »
Sceptimatic, surely you jest! I've just read all your recent replies!

Myself and the others, don't like to see well meaning folk like yourself, hoodwinked by flat earth disinformation propaganda. It's our civic duty to reach out to you and pull you back from the edge of madness!

How many times have I told you the truth never changes? That philosophy has served me well in my career, and it's something you're never too old to adopt.

If the truth is the Earth is a globe, it doesn't matter what argument you come up with against it, the Earth is still a globe.

I have a globe of Earth in my lounge room. I know it's scale. I know how to use a calculator and a measuring tape. I have used it to test known distances where I have travelled. It is accurate. Earth is a globe. No flat earth model has a hope in hell of duplicating that accuracy - ever.

Sceptimatic, you're not an idiot. You're an intelligent person. When are you going to give up on this poisonous dream of yours?

JackBlack

« Reply #4351 on: April 12, 2021, 03:01:55 PM »
I've stated many times how you wouldn't see the ground on your globe.
And that justification was that it is below the tube, which you have now admitted is not good enough.
Remember, that was the entire point of the tree, to show that you CAN see objects which are below the tube.
That means your "justification" does not hold.

Just standing with a 6 foot level view you're already at the 3 mile distance right there.
So basically your first mile from that point is squared from 6 feet which means your drop is now nearly 11 feet from that point at just one mile.
No, that isn't how it works at all.
The ground drops 8 inches per mile squared.
So from that straight line 6 feet above Earth, at 1 mile the distance grows by 8 inches, so it is now 6 ft 8 inches.

Do you need a diagram to show this?

It doesn't magically mean that the ground directly below you is 3 miles away.
It is still directly below you.
That first mile still only drops by 8 inches, not by 4 and 2/3 feet.

Your height above the ground has no bearing at all on the 8 inches.
It doesn't matter if you are directly on the ground, 6 feet above it or 100 km above it, the ground only drops by 8 inches in that first mile.
That means it goes from 0 to 8, or from 6 ft to 6 ft 8 inches, or from 100 km to 100 km + 8 inches.

And you think that, although you see no ground/water immediately below the end of your tube, you'll suddenly see it as the ground/water drops even further up to  nearly 11 feet in one mile?
You mean drops to 6 ft and 8 inches.
Again, you have already admitted that even though you see no ground/water that is directly below the tube, you "suddenly" see it when it is far enough away.

You accept that we can see trees which are 10s of feet tall through this level tube. Just why wouldn't be able to see the ground, even if it was 11 ft below?

Again, simple math has shown that with a 10 degree FOV, you can see the ground after less than 30 m, from this 2 m high view.

Just what do you think the "compressed size" of an 8 inch object is that is 1 mile away?
How about a 6 ft and 8 inches at the same 1 mile?
How about your exaggerated and incorrect 11 ft at 1 mile?

Just how far does the height need to be to not be visible through your 1 inch tube?

Unless you actually have a justification for what the threshold is, you have no argument as you have admitted we can see things below the tube.

If you would like an example of just what a justification like that might be, here is an example:
If you have a 1 inch diameter tube, with a length of 10 inches, it has a slope from the middle of the tube at 1 end (where your eye would be) to the bottom of the tube at the other, of 1 part in 20. (0.5 in 10). This means for a distance of x, you will be able to see a height of x/20 below your line of sight. e.g. at the end of the tube, 10 inches away, you can see an object 10/20 = 0.5 inches below the line of sight, i.e. the bottom of the tube.

After 1 mile, that would amount to 1 20th of a mile. That is 264 ft.
That means as long as the ground is no more than 264 ft below your "level line of sight", and nothing obstructs the view (like a close by wall or tree), you can see it.

That means your 11 ft is basically nothing.
11 ft is only a small portion of the 264 ft needed to prevent it from being visible.

This is why the globe is fantasy.
So the globe is fantasy because you don't understand basic math.

There's no horizon and definitely no ground seen.
Soooo, we are living on/in something different to a globe.
Again, that is your outright lie, refuted by simple math and logic.
You are yet to address those refutations, and all you can do to try to justify them is spout more outright lies and contradict yourself.

You have no justification at all for why there should not be any horizon nor why the ground shouldn't be seen.
You lost the only chance you had when you accepted you can see parts of the tree even though they are below the level of the tube.

JackBlack

« Reply #4352 on: April 12, 2021, 03:06:04 PM »
You try for a little bit then it comes down to digs and then the old troll comes out, then all the rest of the gunk.
No, you play along for a bit until going any further would mean admitting you are wrong, then you do whatever you can to dodge.

I don't make that up. You've just done it.
No you do make it up, pretending Earth is  tiny ball.

This means my level view through a tube would mean your Earth curves away from me, downwards from your level vision by 8 inches for the first mile
Meanwhile, perspective/convergence/whatever you want to call it, would "compress" 2 m into less than an inch over a few 10s of m.

At this scale, the downwards curve of Earth is irrelevant.

It is only when you reach the horizon that the downwards curve starts beating perspective.

So, regardless of whether you mention peeling off like a cliff, it simply would create extreme measurable distance to ground over a few miles, as shown.
No, not as shown, as baselessly asserted.

We went over this before.
Over 1 mile the drop is 1 part in 7920. That is basically nothing.
It is not enough to magically make it vanish from your view.

Over 2 miles it is 1 part in 3960, again, basically nothing and not enough to hide it from your view.

It is nothing like what you try to pretend it is.

Just what do you think the "compressed size" of 8 inches is at 1 mile? What do you think it is for 3 feet at 2 miles? What about 6 feet at 3 miles?

The fact that we do see distant objects tells us that the Earth is absolutely 100% not a globe we supposedly walk/sail upon.
No, the fact we do see distant objects, but as the distance increases they are start to be obscured by Earth, from the bottom up, shows with almost certainty, that Earth is a globe.

You might need to ask yourself and your posse, who are acting child like to make you wonder why I seem to be from your side.
It is you, because you continually dodge extremely simple questions which show you are wrong, continually assert pure garbage, continually contradict yourself, outright lie and claim you have explained things you haven't, outright lie and you didn't contradict yourself when you did, make ridiculous demands for evidence, and then just dismiss the evidence provided as fake and provide more ridiculous demands and just ignore things which show you are wrong which you can't dismiss as fake, all while being 100% incapable of justifying any of your ridiculous outright lies about Earth, and then when challenged, you just pretend that what you are claiming with 100% certainty is merely your opinion rather than a fact so you don't need to back it up.

So it is quite clear who is acting like a child here.

I do not pass them off as factual
Again, when you state that you know something 100%, that is passing it of as a fact, not merely opinion.

You have continually done this with claims about the RE and how vision works and so on, even though those claims have been refuted repeatedly are you are entirely incapable of justifying them.

You stand by your outright lies even after people have proven them wrong and/or provided something significantly better, all because of your irrational hatred of the globe.

Your modus operandi, among other with your mindset, is to destroy all conflicts against the global system.
No, you are conflating the global system with the truth and reality.
Our modus operandi would be to destroy conflicts with reality.
If the nonsense you are spouting contradicts reality, it will be pointed out that it does.

Because, unlike your nonsense, the globe actually matches reality, you see this as trying to destroy things that go against the globe.

But if you bothered hollistically looking at what we have done here, you will see plenty of us actually point out faults with arguments in support of the globe, because those arguments are not based upon facts.

This means it isn't things which go against the globe that we object to, but things which go against reality, truth and reason, like your nonsense.

You start off pretending you understand stuff and then go into attack mode and back to square one.
Again, we aren't going back to square 1, you never leave it.
You never leave it, because as soon as you try, a massive contradiction pops up in your model and you just insult and claim we don't understand, simply because your model doesn't work.

For example, you repeatedly contradicted yourself regarding if we can or can't see an object below a level tube, and now you are still claiming a RE is magically invisible, with no justification at all.

If you really wanted to understand it, you would do so
And we do, and then show contradictions inside it, or contradictions between it and reality.
This is not us not understanding, this is us understanding and realising your claims are wrong.

Like how we brought up the tree to show your claim that you magically can't see things below a level tube because it gives you magic tunnel is completely wrong.

I've done plenty but they mean nothing
Because you continually refuse to provide them.

you don't accept simple stuff, like low pressure and how it works
You means we do accept how it works, and just don't agree with you, with your insane claims contradicted by evidence and backed up by none.

You don't allow yourself 5 minutes to actually question your side.
Yes we do.
Our side having answers doesn't mean we don't question it.
Meanwhile you don't allow questioning your side, as that shows the problems and your claims fall apart.

The same simple tube destroys your globe. It's as simple as that.
No, it doesn't. You accepting you see the tree and the ground below it destroys your argument.

Most of you are, so, what now?
No, we're not.
Our acceptance of the RE is based upon it being the best model to explain what is observed in reality.
If you can provide us with a better model, which can actually describe/explain reality, better than the current RE model, especially if you can show an actual problem with the RE model, then we will accept it.

Instead you just continually lie about the RE model and provide nonsense which is easily shown to be self contradictory and contradict reality.

Tit for tat but the issue should be, using the brain.
You should try using your brain some time then, rather than continually refusing to.

JackBlack

« Reply #4353 on: April 12, 2021, 03:17:01 PM »
You're already 6 feet higher than the ground, so do your calculations again for your globe.
Which is irrelevant to the difference in the position of the tree.

For the FE, the base of the tree is 0 inches/feet/whatever below the ground you are standing on.
For the RE, it drops by a tiny amount. At 400 ft distance, that would be ~0.046 inches, or ~0.004 ft.

That is all the base of the tree has dropped by.
Your eye height is 6 ft above the ground, that means it is 6 ft above both of those distance.
That means for the FE the base of the tree is 6 ft below your eye.
That means for the RE, at that distance, it is ~6.004 ft below your eye.
Do you really think that 0.004 ft will make a difference?

This 4th mile would be equivalent to the 1 mile away from a 6 feet high level tube.
No, it wouldn't.
As you keep spouting this same ignorant nonsense, it appears you do need a picture.
Care to explain what is wrong with this:

The 8 inches are simply below the line straight out from your feet, meaning the ground at that point is 6 ft and 8 inches below your line of sight.

There is no magical equivalence to a 4 mile view.
That would require those 8 inches to magically grow to 4 2/3 ft.
It is pure nonsense.

What I've said is correct going by your global mindset.
No, it is blatantly false, just like most things you say about the globe.
Anyone with even basic math knowledge can easily see that you are wrong.

The ground drops by 8 inches, your eye is 6 ft above the ground where you are standing, so at the 1 mile distance your eye is 6 ft + 8 inches above the ground.

6 ft + 8 inches will always be 6 ft and 8 inches. It will never magically jump up to 11 ft.

That means it is yet another blatant lie from your irrational hatred of the RE, to pretend there is a problem with the RE when there is none.

Legitimate people can verify it for themselves.
Which obviously doesn't include you.
As that would require admitting you are wrong, and you sure seem to hate that.
If you were legitimate, you would have provided your results.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4354 on: April 12, 2021, 09:21:36 PM »

Do you even accept the image of the tree is inverted at the back of your retina and your brain turns it correct way up? You do know this, right?
We don't need to argue inverted.

Well, hallelujah! That's one less argument to worry about.

I see you're all back discussing tubes again.

Explain for me, Sceptimatic, how light compresses. You seem to have expert secret knowledge on this. I want to know.
Atmospheric mass over distance converges the distant view due to closer light view taking precedence in the less dense mass of horizontal atmosphere to your eye.

It creates what appears to be a funnel look which appears wider at the start than the finish but is actually not the reality of overall vision..

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4355 on: April 12, 2021, 09:37:37 PM »

Myself and the others, don't like to see well meaning folk like yourself, hoodwinked by flat earth disinformation propaganda. It's our civic duty to reach out to you and pull you back from the edge of madness!

I don't believe I'm hoodwinked.
I have my own Earth version. I'm not subservient to any particular belief so I can hardly be hoodwinked.
I believe I was hoodwinked throughout school with a lot of stuff, including the global Earth nonsense, which I believed unconditionally at the time.

Quote from: Smoke Machine

How many times have I told you the truth never changes? That philosophy has served me well in my career, and it's something you're never too old to adopt.
You are absolutely correct, the truth can never change but it has to be the truth of something that is unchangeable.
I don't see any of that with a global Earth and its trimmings.
I see the opposite of truth which can be changed by challenge for the person doing so, regardless of the masses refusing to accept that change due t inability to break free of the indoctrinated system that doesn't allow alternate thought without consequence..

If the truth is the Earth is a globe, it doesn't matter what argument you come up with against it, the Earth is still a globe.
And if it isn't the truth, which I firmly believe it isn't, then it's told under false pretences and false representations by those who know better and by those who teach the ignorance by adherence to curriculum, respectively .

I have a globe of Earth in my lounge room. I know it's scale. I know how to use a calculator and a measuring tape. I have used it to test known distances where I have travelled. It is accurate. Earth is a globe. No flat earth model has a hope in hell of duplicating that accuracy - ever.
And yet people use flat maps to navigate, generally speaking.

Sceptimatic, you're not an idiot. You're an intelligent person. When are you going to give up on this poisonous dream of yours?
Whatever you people decide I am or am not, is irrelevant.
I have absolutely no interest in what you think of me, or your global internet/forum buddies.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4356 on: April 12, 2021, 10:18:08 PM »
And that justification was that it is below the tube, which you have now admitted is not good enough.

No I haven't. My stance has been rigid.
The fact you people try to move the goal posts to twist stuff is down to you lot and has no bearing on my stance.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4357 on: April 12, 2021, 10:27:14 PM »
You're already 6 feet higher than the ground, so do your calculations again for your globe.
Which is irrelevant to the difference in the position of the tree.

For the FE, the base of the tree is 0 inches/feet/whatever below the ground you are standing on.
For the RE, it drops by a tiny amount. At 400 ft distance, that would be ~0.046 inches, or ~0.004 ft.

That is all the base of the tree has dropped by.
Your eye height is 6 ft above the ground, that means it is 6 ft above both of those distance.
That means for the FE the base of the tree is 6 ft below your eye.
That means for the RE, at that distance, it is ~6.004 ft below your eye.
Do you really think that 0.004 ft will make a difference?

This 4th mile would be equivalent to the 1 mile away from a 6 feet high level tube.
No, it wouldn't.
As you keep spouting this same ignorant nonsense, it appears you do need a picture.
Care to explain what is wrong with this:

The 8 inches are simply below the line straight out from your feet, meaning the ground at that point is 6 ft and 8 inches below your line of sight.

There is no magical equivalence to a 4 mile view.
That would require those 8 inches to magically grow to 4 2/3 ft.
It is pure nonsense.

6 ft + 8 inches will always be 6 ft and 8 inches. It will never magically jump up to 11 ft.

That means it is yet another blatant lie from your irrational hatred of the RE, to pretend there is a problem with the RE when there is none.

Only you globalists would use that silly twist.

No, as you well know, you wouldn't be adding 8 inches, you would be squaring the 8 inches to the 4th mile having already used the 3rd mile as a height stand point of 6 feet.

Whether you told a person to go and plant a stick at the first mile at 8 inches above sea level and then go farther to plant another stick at 2 miles to square that further mile to 32 inches f stick showing and then 3 miles and squaring that 8 inches to 72 inches (6 feet).

It's still 6 feet out of the deck above water.

he following measurement goes to one mile farther which is squared by 8 inches and distance, meaning you having a stick protruding 128 inches out of the water, or 10 feet 8 inches.

So don't try and play the silly twisting game of adding 8 inches to the 6 foot. You know it's wrong and so does most others.
If they back you up then it shows what they are, too.

JackBlack

« Reply #4358 on: April 13, 2021, 12:47:28 AM »

No I haven't. My stance has been rigid.
So are you now contradicting yourself yet again and saying that merely be being below the tube it is not visible?
Otherwise, you have admitted that you CAN see objects that are BELOW the tube, so the Earth being below the tube is not enough to magically make it invisible.
That means your argument, which relied upon objects magically being invisible if they were below the tube, is not good enough.

The fact you contradict yourself and try to so massively twist things back and forth has no bearing on reality, and that reality is ~a globe, and that you typically can still see it, even through a level tube.

Only you globalists would use that silly twist.
You mean only reality deniers like you would use your silly twist.

No, as you well know, you wouldn't be adding 8 inches
Yes you would.
The ground has dropped by 8 inches, that means the object is an additional 8 inches below. Again, this is simple math.

If you are standing with your eye 6 ft above some reference, and an object is 8 inches below that reference, then you are 6 ft 8 inches above it.
This applies regardless of the shape.

you would be squaring the 8 inches to the 4th mile having already used the 3rd mile as a height stand point of 6 feet.
Why would we do anything like that?
We are not using any 3 miles.

You are not looking away from an additional 3 miles with our head at the level of Earth.
We are looking from no additional miles away, with our eyes 6 ft above Earth.

What if instead the diagram looked like this:

So don't try and play the silly twisting game of adding 8 inches to the 6 foot. You know it's wrong and so does most others.
If they back you up then it shows what they are, too.
No, I know it is entirely correct to add those 8 inches, rather than pretend you need to add 5 ft.
If others back me up, it shows they actually understand as well and don't accept your BS.

Again, what is wrong with this diagram:

Note that that diagram is what actually shows what we expect.

You instead are trying to pretend something like this:

Now instead of a simple curve or a FE, you have a wavy terrain.
Any honest person would answer in the same way, it is 6 ft 8 inches below your eye.

But you think we should magically explore this land to find the point where the land has dropped by 6 feet, and count the mile from there, which is pure nonsense.

So no, any honest, sane, intelligent person would see this problem and realise that because the ground has dropped by 8 inches over that mile, it is an additional 8 inches below your eye line, making it 6 ft 8 inches.

And again, even if you did magically get your 11 ft, it is still far too little.
You need over 200 ft.

Again, just what height below the tube do you think the ground magically disappears? Just stick to a 1 mile distance for that.

« Reply #4359 on: April 13, 2021, 01:40:08 AM »

what part of words are confusing you?

you seem very easily confused
you must be a complete moron.

Your eyeball is a pinhole camera
The closer the objext the large the angles and resulting area on the back surface = far tree looks small

Its explained and reason has been given.
What do you fail to understand about its basic concept?
Are you of the position that they dont work?

You keeo takking about compressing views over distance.
The pinhole is jow to represent this wih an accurate and dimensionably scalable diagram as dvident by my very bereft description with experimentally useful reproducible diagram.

Unlike your word salad and lack of diagram
My diagram shows how close tree looks big-far tree lokks small, and jigsaws woth kackBs angular-distance graph and bored (correct) tree tu-tube drawing.
Clearly communicated as evident by everyone understanding it.... everyone.
Even the one wackadoodle who is faking it and curewntly dodging any acknowledgment of it because he must dismiss it because he cant bring up a valid point to argue it.
It must be dodged and dismissed or he must accept his tutube premise is wrong.

TLDR
Its a pinhole.
It explains how your eye works.
It shows field of view and debunks your tu-tube.

Keeps gerting overlooked.
He asked for words.
He got words.
He even got a picture to go along with the words.
Funny its overlooked.

Are these not words?
What part of words confuses you?

Eorher "compression" happenes because eyeballs are pinhole cameras which capture images on the retina, and close obkects have big angles taking up most of retina vs far objects are small taking up small part of retina - due to angles

Or

Light compression fluting happens in the tu-tube (even when the tu-tube is not there)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 01:44:23 AM by Themightykabool »

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4360 on: April 13, 2021, 05:22:38 AM »

Whether you told a person to go and plant a stick at the first mile at 8 inches above sea level and then go farther to plant another stick at 2 miles to square that further mile to 32 inches f stick showing and then 3 miles and squaring that 8 inches to 72 inches (6 feet).

It's still 6 feet out of the deck above water.

And the tube is on that 3rd mile stick, it's 3 miles away from you. If you want to look through it you need to be standing next to it. So you walk ('down', if you insist) to the stick (you are now on the same ground as the stick, the ground is 6 feet below the top of the stick) and now this is your reference point, the ground in the next mile is the first mile and drops 8"
No. The tube is at the 3rd mile already in terms of drop.
You are stood looking through the tube at 6 feet which is equivalent to being at the 3rd mile.
You people know this.

« Reply #4361 on: April 13, 2021, 05:37:06 AM »

The closer the objext the large the angles and resulting area on the back surface = far tree looks small

The pinhole is jow to represent this wih an accurate and dimensionably scalable diagram as dvident by my very bereft description with experimentally useful reproducible diagram.

My diagram shows how close tree looks big-far tree lokks small, and jigsaws woth kackBs angular-distance graph and bored (correct) tree tu-tube drawing.
Even the one wackadoodle who is faking it and curewntly dodging any acknowledgment of it because he must dismiss it because he cant bring up a valid point to argue it.

TLDR
Its a pinhole.

He asked for words.
He got words.
Funny its overlooked.

Are these not words?

Eorher "compression" happenes because eyeballs are pinhole cameras which capture images on the retina, and close obkects have big angles taking up most of retina vs far objects are small taking up small part of retina - due to angles

Or

Light compression fluting happens in the tu-tube (even when the tu-tube is not there)

« Reply #4362 on: April 13, 2021, 07:00:23 AM »

TLDR
Its a pinhole.

He asked for words.
He got words.
Funny its overlooked.

Are these not words?

Or

« Reply #4363 on: April 13, 2021, 08:24:14 AM »

I have my own Earth version. I'm not subservient to any particular belief so I can hardly be hoodwinked.
I believe I was hoodwinked throughout school with a lot of stuff, including the global Earth nonsense, which I believed unconditionally at the time.

You are absolutely correct, the truth can never change but it has to be the truth of something that is unchangeable.
I see the opposite of truth which can be changed by challenge for the person doing so, regardless of the masses refusing to accept that change due t inability to break free of the indoctrinated system that doesn't allow alternate thought without consequence..

And if it isn't the truth, which I firmly believe it isn't, then it's told under false pretences and false representations by those who know better and by those who teach the ignorance by adherence to curriculum, respectively .

I have absolutely no interest in what you think of me, or your global internet/forum buddies.

Sceptimatic, I'm finishing up a week of night work as I type. I've been rather composed with you this time round, wouldn't you agree? Far less insults than per usual from me.

I disagree with your last sentence that you have no interest in what I or anybody else thinks of you. I think you are interested in opinions, and you should be. You're a human being and human beings are social creatures. This forum is a social experience.

So, you firmly believe earth being a globe is untruthful.  :'(

My question to you is, how far would you be prepared to go with this belief?

Would you put your life on the line that you're right? If not, what would you put on the line? Your house? Your car? Your boat? Your wedding ring? Your comic book collection? Your brown stained white y-fronts? Level with us!  C:-)

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4364 on: April 13, 2021, 08:26:58 AM »
You are stood looking through the tube at 6 feet which is equivalent to being at the 3rd mile.
You people know this.

Wrong again. The tube is at the 3rd mile, you are not, you are trying to look through the tube from 3 miles away.
Think about it. If the tube was on the ground then 1 mile of drop is simply 1 mile of drop, right? Lifting it up to 6ft changes absolutely nothing.
The bottom of the 6ft stick is on the ground, right? So it's same thing so 1 mile of drop is simply 1 mile of drop.

this is your version

Note: If I attempted to draw this to scale the entire curve shown would appear as a straight line (using 1 pixel for the 6ft post, the 3 mile line would need to be 2640 pixels long)

IF the tube is at the 3rd mile already in terms of drop and you are stood looking through the tube at 6 feet which is equivalent to being at the 3rd mile. Then you are also at the 3rd mile in terms of drop and the ground is 6ft below the tube, Right?
Here's a clue.
Put the tube on the figure eyeline.

That's he 6 feet.
Why you've got the 6 feet 3 miles away is a mystery, unless you're simply getting desperate.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #4365 on: April 13, 2021, 08:34:57 AM »
You people know this.

Wrong again. The tube is at the 3rd mile, you are not, you are trying to look through the tube from 3 miles away.
Think about it. If the tube was on the ground then 1 mile of drop is simply 1 mile of drop, right? Lifting it up to 6ft changes absolutely nothing.
The bottom of the 6ft stick is on the ground, right? So it's same thing so 1 mile of drop is simply 1 mile of drop.

this is your version

Note: If I attempted to draw this to scale the entire curve shown would appear as a straight line (using 1 pixel for the 6ft post, the 3 mile line would need to be 2640 pixels long)

IF the tube is at the 3rd mile already in terms of drop and you are stood looking through the tube at 6 feet which is equivalent to being at the 3rd mile. Then you are also at the 3rd mile in terms of drop and the ground is 6ft below the tube, Right?
Here's a clue.

That's he 6 feet.
Why you've got the 6 feet 3 miles away is a mystery, unless you're simply getting desperate.

It's only a mystery to those who don't understand math and who are confused by simple geometry.  This is why you should stop asking us to explain basic concepts to you and go educate yourself first. If you don't have the tools to understand a simple diagram you aren't going to be able to follow the discussion.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4366 on: April 13, 2021, 08:49:21 AM »
Sceptimatic, I'm finishing up a week of night work as I type. I've been rather composed with you this time round, wouldn't you agree? Far less insults than per usual from me.
I'm seriously not bothered what you do. Insult as much as you feel you can do. It really has no effect on me. You're not important enough to have any effect.

When you act normal you're ok and I can see you want to challenge your belief's but I can also see you're very dubious because you feel much more comfortable conforming to the official narrative.

You saw what happened when you tried to play devil's advocate. You were attacked and you went straight back into your weak attempted ridicule mode of the flat Earth.

You do what you feel and I'm fine with it.

I disagree with your last sentence that you have no interest in what I or anybody else thinks of you. I think you are interested in opinions, and you should be. You're a human being and human beings are social creatures. This forum is a social experience.
I'm serious. I honestly do not give a rats what you or anyone thinks of me.
The minute I'm away from the forum I forget about it.
When I re-engage I obviously take part in the too and fro debates/arguments like we all do, or why be here?

Absolutely.
That doesn't mean global Earth believers are all liars.
It just means they follow a narrative and feel almost obliged to do so.

As far as writing my own stuff and doing my own experiments, like I'm doing.

Would you put your life on the line that you're right?
Absolutely not.
The globe is the official model. People are examined on this stuff.
Nothing I can do or say will change that.

If the official line is, the sky is full of inflatable invisible elephants then that's what the narrative would be.
No amount of me saying it's silly, would change that.
You know this, so why would  bother to try and put my life on the line to argue it?

I could say the same to you but you would say you'd put your life on the line in a toss up because you have a two headed coin handed to you by officials of the global nonsense.

If not, what would you put on the line?
Nothing.

Your house? Your car? Your boat? Your wedding ring? Your comic book collection? Your brown stained white y-fronts? Level with us!  C:-)
I've levelled with you. Nothing.

Any person that sits up and starts thinking and questioning their severe indoctrination goes massively up in my estimation.
That's what I get out of what I say and do.

I literally do not care one iota for those who sit on a flat Earth forum and spend many hours a day, almost 7 days a week trying to ridicule flat Earth/alternate Earth theorists.

I believe there are very few who do this.
I believe most are here because they actually do question the narrative that s sold as, the globe but I also suspect many dare not openly do i for fear of being attacked.

They see what I get and they likely believe they will be broken down by the usual suspects.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4367 on: April 13, 2021, 08:50:02 AM »

It's only a mystery to those who don't understand math and who are confused by simple geometry.  This is why you should stop asking us to explain basic concepts to you and go educate yourself first. If you don't have the tools to understand a simple diagram you aren't going to be able to follow the discussion.
Says Mr dupee.

« Reply #4368 on: April 13, 2021, 09:12:43 AM »

Would you put your life on the line that you're right? If not, what would you put on the line? Your house? Your car? Your boat? Your wedding ring? Your comic book collection? Your brown stained white y-fronts? Level with us!  C:-)
Why should the shape of the earth be a life or death proposition?

That's rather ludicrous.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4369 on: April 13, 2021, 09:28:03 AM »

You are the one trying to claim the 6ft stick would cause the extra 3 miles of curvature.
Start from the beginning:-
Is the bottom of the stick on the ground? Yes.

You're really struggling, or are you?

I hope you're just playing games like you've been doing for long enough.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #4370 on: April 13, 2021, 09:30:47 AM »

Says Mr dupee.

Actually, says you who doesn't understand why a diagram showed a drop of 6 feet 3 miles away to show a drop of 6 feet three miles away.  Your own words are your worst enemy.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4371 on: April 13, 2021, 09:32:58 AM »

Says Mr dupee.

Actually, says you who doesn't understand why a diagram showed a drop of 6 feet 3 miles away to show a drop of 6 feet three miles away.  Your own words are your worst enemy.
Pay attention.

« Reply #4372 on: April 13, 2021, 10:03:34 AM »

TLDR
Its a pinhole.

He asked for words.
He got words.
Funny its overlooked.

Are these not words?

Or

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #4373 on: April 13, 2021, 10:29:53 AM »

Says Mr dupee.

Pay attention.

Do you just, pick from a list of catchphrases to say in response? 

"Pay attention"

"You bottled it"

"I already explained"

"I know what I know"

And of course this one...

As far as writing my own stuff and doing my own experiments, like I'm doing.

You haven't done any experiments and continuing to insist you did just makes you look silly. The dog ate your homework, right.

Pay attention.  ;D

« Reply #4374 on: April 13, 2021, 12:24:40 PM »

That's rather ludicrous.

It depends on the situation. Scientists can predict earthquakes and tsunamis, from the global earth model. For you, such warnings would be nonsense. Are you that secure in your belief, you would ignore such warnings?

Or let's say, there is a mishap with the ISS. A warning is distributed it is doing a re-entry to earth and its debris is heading your way. You dont believe the ISS even exists. Again, are you that secure in your belief you ignore the warnings?

Global warming scientists predict extra severe storms or bushfires heading your way. You don't believe in a globe, let alone global warming, so what do you do? Do you heed the advice or ignore the warnings, as nonsense?

You're a pilot on a joy flight over Antarctica from Sydney Australia, and all is going well, until a fuel problem arises and an emergency landing is declared. The only place to land is a small island on the other side of Antarctica just south of Argentina. The problem is, you dont believe you live on a globe, and flying further in the same direction should fly you into "the dome". There are no flat places identified on Antarctica to land and to land there is an 80 percent crash rate where everyone on board will likely die. So, what do you do? Fly forward or risk landing?

These are life or death propositions.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 01:35:08 PM by Smoke Machine »

JackBlack

« Reply #4375 on: April 13, 2021, 03:25:47 PM »
No, it as at the 0th mile.
It isn't equivalent to anything.

If you try to make it equivalent, you are no longer looking level through the tube.

Does this diagram help:

Notice how in order to make it equivalent to being 3 miles further away, you no longer have it level?
Notice how instead you have the tube point up?
A level tube 6 ft above the surface is NOT equivalent to a level tube at ground level 3 miles further away.

A level tube at ground level 3 miles further away is equivalent to a tube pointing upwards 6 ft above the surface.

So again, THEY ARE NOT EQUIVALENT!

The ground drops by 8 inches, meaning the bottom of the tree/whatever would be 6 ft 8 inches below eye level.
No amount of BS can change that.

Forget about the curve for now, and just focus on that ground being inches further down, like I provided in the other image your refused to address, likely because you know it will expose your BS.

Again, how far below the eye line is the location indicated in this image:

You people know this.
No, what we actually know is that that is yet another outright lie you make due to your irrational hatred of the globe.

Here's a clue.
You mean like I did, and clearly demonstrated that the tree is 6 ft 8 inches below the eye line?
You said the tube is at the 3 mile mark, so he showed you what that actually means.
He shows your dishonesty.

No, the mystery is why you pretend that. But it is clear, you are desperate.
You have admitted that you can see objects below the tube, so you now need to lie about the drop to pretend it is much bigger than it is.

And again, if you do lie and pretend it is 11 ft, that STILL ISN'T ENOUGH!
Why should that magically make it invisible?

I could say the same to you but you would say you'd put your life on the line in a toss up because you have a two headed coin handed to you by officials of the global nonsense.
But that isn't what we have. We have mountains of evidence supporting the RE, and plenty of people do put their lives on the line based on that. They just don't see it like that because it is like putting your life on the line when you stand on the street and don't expect it to have a giant space monster pop out of it and eat you.

The reason you were asked is because you have nothing at all to support your insane claims, in contrast to the RE which has so much it isn't funny.

The fact you are not willing to put anything on the line for your outrageous lies shows you know they are almost certainly BS and that you have no confidence in them at all.

There you go projecting again.
His argument is sound, raising your eye line will not magically make the curve greater or magically make the ground lower.
After 1 mile, the ground drops by 8 inches.
If you are directly at the ground, then that places that more distant ground 8 inches below.

If you move up to 6 ft above the ground, you make the more distant ground 6 ft 8 inches below.
Raising your eye line to 6 ft will not magically make the ground curve away more.

You are struggling to defend your irrational hatred of the globe.

« Reply #4376 on: April 13, 2021, 03:32:43 PM »

TLDR
Its a pinhole.

He asked for words.
He got words.
Funny its overlooked.

Are these not words?

Or

Sceppy?

JackBlack

« Reply #4377 on: April 13, 2021, 03:32:51 PM »

That's rather ludicrous.
No, it isn't ludicrous at all.
Plenty of people put their lives on the line based upon the shape of Earth every day (at least before COVID)
For example, plenty of planes are flying routes based upon the globe model, using navigation tools based upon the globe model, flying routes which would be impossible on various FE models.

If the shape of Earth was wrong, and instead it was actually flat, plenty of these people would die.

Every time someone gets on such a plane to take such a flight, they are putting their life on the line that Earth is round.
If Earth was flat, the plane would run out of fuel and crash into the ocean, with a large number of people dying.

Just like Columbus put his life on the line on the basis of Earth being round and tiny. Fortunately for him, he was saved by America, rather than dying at sea due to Earth being much larger than he thought.

Another example would be those circumnavigating Antarctica in a yacht race.
Again, they put their life on the line that Earth actually is round, otherwise they would run out of resources and die.

Plenty of daily tasks are effectively people putting their life on the line on the basis that Earth is round. It is such a common occurrence, and they are so certain that Earth is round, that they don't see it like that.
They just see it as going about their day to day lives.

« Reply #4378 on: April 13, 2021, 04:56:01 PM »
So dramatic there jackb

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4379 on: April 13, 2021, 09:14:01 PM »
No, it as at the 0th mile.
It isn't equivalent to anything.

If you try to make it equivalent, you are no longer looking level through the tube.

Does this diagram help:

Notice how in order to make it equivalent to being 3 miles further away, you no longer have it level?
Notice how instead you have the tube point up?
A level tube 6 ft above the surface is NOT equivalent to a level tube at ground level 3 miles further away.

A level tube at ground level 3 miles further away is equivalent to a tube pointing upwards 6 ft above the surface.

So again, THEY ARE NOT EQUIVALENT!

The ground drops by 8 inches, meaning the bottom of the tree/whatever would be 6 ft 8 inches below eye level.
No amount of BS can change that.

Forget about the curve for now, and just focus on that ground being inches further down, like I provided in the other image your refused to address, likely because you know it will expose your BS.

Again, how far below the eye line is the location indicated in this image:

You people know this.
No, what we actually know is that that is yet another outright lie you make due to your irrational hatred of the globe.

Here's a clue.
You mean like I did, and clearly demonstrated that the tree is 6 ft 8 inches below the eye line?
You said the tube is at the 3 mile mark, so he showed you what that actually means.
He shows your dishonesty.

No, the mystery is why you pretend that. But it is clear, you are desperate.
You have admitted that you can see objects below the tube, so you now need to lie about the drop to pretend it is much bigger than it is.

And again, if you do lie and pretend it is 11 ft, that STILL ISN'T ENOUGH!
Why should that magically make it invisible?

But that isn't what we have. We have mountains of evidence supporting the RE, and plenty of people do put their lives on the line based on that. They just don't see it like that because it is like putting your life on the line when you stand on the street and don't expect it to have a giant space monster pop out of it and eat you.

The reason you were asked is because you have nothing at all to support your insane claims, in contrast to the RE which has so much it isn't funny.

The fact you are not willing to put anything on the line for your outrageous lies shows you know they are almost certainly BS and that you have no confidence in them at all.

There you go projecting again.
His argument is sound, raising your eye line will not magically make the curve greater or magically make the ground lower.
After 1 mile, the ground drops by 8 inches.
If you are directly at the ground, then that places that more distant ground 8 inches below.

If you move up to 6 ft above the ground, you make the more distant ground 6 ft 8 inches below.
Raising your eye line to 6 ft will not magically make the ground curve away more.

You are struggling to defend your irrational hatred of the globe.
Looking from 6 feet is equivalent to being at a 3 mile standpoint and looking to the 4th mile.
It's pretty simple and logical to grasp.
All you're doing is twisting it to suit yourself because it just makes your globe that bit harder to hang onto.