What would change your mind?

• 5620 Replies

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
Re: What would change your mind?
« Reply #4320 on: April 11, 2021, 09:32:14 PM »
I never claimed the ground couldn't be seen.
Yes, you did.
You claimed that because the ground is below the level of the tube, it can't be seen.

If it was on a global Earth, yes.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #4321 on: April 11, 2021, 09:49:32 PM »
And if we can see the ground.

Yep, what's the issue?

If there is no issue, how are these real life images different than the one above?

So, you decided to place a tree inside his tube and that solves the downward gradient issue, for you, right?

You people make me laugh.

There is no "downward gradient issue". Flat earth, globe earth...Doesn't matter. We're talking about a couple, few inches here, at best. You're that deluded to think there is an issue? Now that's laughable.

For some severely bizarre reason you think a globe earth peels off right below the bottom edge of the tube and the tree just hovers. I mean c'mon, you've been at this for what, like a dozen years, and you still have no idea how this globe earth stuff you've been railing against is supposed to work? Talk about indoctrinated. And/or lazy, and/or inept, and/or, most likely, just trolling away.

Learn what it is that you actually disagree with and form an argument based upon that. It's absurd that after all this time you have no idea what you're even denying.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4322 on: April 11, 2021, 11:12:12 PM »

For some severely bizarre reason you think a globe earth peels off right below the bottom edge of the tube and the tree just hovers. I mean c'mon, you've been at this for what, like a dozen years, and you still have no idea how this globe earth stuff you've been railing against is supposed to work? Talk about indoctrinated. And/or lazy, and/or inept, and/or, most likely, just trolling away.

Learn what it is that you actually disagree with and form an argument based upon that. It's absurd that after all this time you have no idea what you're even denying.
You are arguing for something that does not exist, in my honest opinion.
I absolutely refute anything to do with your global Earth mindset because I am 100% sure that the Earth is not a globe we supposedly walk upon.

I know all about the magical fantasy of the globe you believe in and I'm putting forward simple arguments that show it to be the nonsense it is.

Of course you don't accept stuff. Of course you'll think I'm unable to grasp that fantasy because I rally against is.

Nothing you people have said has any bearing on the truth of a globe. You know it and I know it and so do most of the others.
However the narrative suggests otherwise. The one you follow, unconditionally. At least on a forum like this where you believe you have some kind of bragging right, backed up by a posse of similar indoctrinated mindsets.

I'm just giving my honest opinion.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #4323 on: April 12, 2021, 12:36:32 AM »

That doesn't matter, it's neither here nor there. Regardless of whether you think something exists or not, you obligation in this discussion is to at least try an understand the bare minimum of what the opposing side offers. We try with your side, over and over and over again, we try. Albeit, we only have you in the world to rely on to figure out what your side is and you suck at conveying it as evidenced by a dozen years of zero people buying into your musings. At least we have outside sources.
But it seems you don't even have a rudimentary notion about how the other side purports to work. You just make up shit like in a globe world the earth just peels off immediately and curves away below your feet like a cliff. Do you even know what the Globe perspective claims as the size of the earth? Or are you just pretending not to know? (I'm pretty sure the latter) I understand that you loath the notion of a globe earth, but acting like a child who hates it sooo much you can't even address what you're against is just plain weird.

I absolutely refute anything to do with your global Earth mindset because I am 100% sure that the Earth is not a globe we supposedly walk upon.

Good for you. But your crazed self-indoctrinated refusal has left you in a position where you can't even argue for your side. Because you make up these things that you rail against that aren't even part of the pantheon of the thing you rail against. You're clouded distaste for what you don't believe, so much so, like a religeous zealot. Sure, we all foist our notions about a globe earth on your notions, but at a minimum, we're trying to fit reality to it, mostly to refute it, but also to understand it. And so far, every time, reality rears its ugly head and your carbonite projecting dome covered crystal membrane world just doesn't present itself as such, as in reality. No evidence of any of it, no experiments of any of it, just your musings. All fine and good, but just musings. Zero evidence.

I know all about the magical fantasy of the globe you believe in and I'm putting forward simple arguments that show it to be the nonsense it is.

Apparently you don't. Otherwise that you would know that in globe thinking, the earth does not just peel away from your feet so you wouldn't be able to see the ground through a simple bloody tube. Thinking that couldn't be more asinine. It's such a strange and bizarre hill for you to die on when simple reality evidence you refuse to present that anyone could, and has shown, immediately shows you're wrong. Bizarre. Only a troll would keep this argument up for 100 pages.

Of course you don't accept stuff. Of course you'll think I'm unable to grasp that fantasy because I rally against is.

Nothing you people have said has any bearing on the truth of a globe. You know it and I know it and so do most of the others.

Hilarious. I'll leave it at that.

However the narrative suggests otherwise. The one you follow, unconditionally. At least on a forum like this where you believe you have some kind of bragging right, backed up by a posse of similar indoctrinated mindsets.

Hmmm, unconditionally? None of us would be here if it were unconditional. A starting point for sure, but a place like this makes one question a lot of things, research a lot of things, personally confirm or deny a lot of things. You're not as special as you would like to believe. You should take a breather from such narcissism. It's unhealthy and makes you believe you know what goes through the minds of other people when you really have no idea.

Understood. But maybe just back away from the the holier than thou you're all indoctrinated sheep thing and maybe take in for a moment that yes, biases are at the forefront, so is yours, but that doesn't mean no one is trying to learn something, understand something that may be foreign, even if they argue against it. We are no more indoctrinated than you are.

JackBlack

« Reply #4324 on: April 12, 2021, 01:44:50 AM »
I never claimed the ground couldn't be seen.
Yes, you did.
You claimed that because the ground is below the level of the tube, it can't be seen.
If it was on a global Earth, yes.
I see you ignored the rest of my post where I clearly pointed out how you claimed it applied regardless, even on a FE.
So there you go ignoring all the contradictions again.
Guess what? Ignoring them wont magically make them disappear.

Again, the only justification you could provide for why it shouldn't be visible is was because it was below the tube.
As soon as you admit you can see objects that are below the tube, your argument falls apart as you no longer have ANY justification for why you can't see the ground even if it is on a downwards slope or a RE.

Again, you now have 2 competing effects. One makes the ground physically lower and thus would make it appear lower, while the other makes it appear higher.
Unless you can actually show that one beats the other, you cannot say if the ground is visible.

So again, can you explain why the ground shouldn't be visible on a RE?
Remember, now that you have admitted you can see things below the tube, it being below the tube is not enough.

Can you justify your baseless claim, or can you just continue to repeat it?

No, you don't know it. You just continually spout BS like you always do.

What has been said cuts directly to the BS you spout to attack the globe and exposes as irrational, illogical, and blatantly false BS!

You have no justification at all for why the ground shouldn't be seen on a globe.

No you are not. You are repeatedly lying about the globe, using whatever dishonest BS you can. You are not merely stating opinions but claiming facts which have been shown to be incorrect repeatedly. That means you are not just giving an opinion, you are blatantly lying.
In addition you contradict yourself and then just ignore those contradictions showing your stance here is anything but honest.

All because of your irrational hatred of the globe.

Also, as soon as you state something as 100% certain, you are no longer stating it as your opinion, but as a fact, even if you claim it is an opinion. If you don't want to claim it as a fact, don't try to claim you are 100% certain.

For example, you could say something more like:
"While I have no idea at all if Earth is a globe or not, and have no rational argument against it, I BELIEVE it isn't a globe"

That way you would be stating your opinion, rather than falsely claiming a blatant lie as a fact.

There's no contradictions.
Except those pointed out to you wish you continue to ignore or pretend you never said.
I know what I know and you tried to dupe people with your set up.
You mean you know you are wrong, so you had to come up with an excuse to dismiss his set up, which is also why you never provide evidence of your own as you know it will show you are wrong?

I called you out on it and handed you a better set up
Which he then did, and you again dismissed it as fake, making it clear you have no interest in ever accepting it and instead will continue to just dismiss it.
Your "better set up" in no way makes it harder for someone to dupe. All it does is add in needless complications due to the difficulty of aligning the tubes and makes the FOV smaller.
Remember, you claimed a kitchen roll tube was all that was needed, not a tube effectively 10 feet long.

« Reply #4325 on: April 12, 2021, 04:40:39 AM »

what part of words are confusing you?

you seem very easily confused
you must be a complete moron.

Your eyeball is a pinhole camera
The closer the objext the large the angles and resulting area on the back surface = far tree looks small

Its explained and reason has been given.
What do you fail to understand about its basic concept?
Are you of the position that they dont work?

You keeo takking about compressing views over distance.
The pinhole is jow to represent this wih an accurate and dimensionably scalable diagram as dvident by my very bereft description with experimentally useful reproducible diagram.

Unlike your word salad and lack of diagram
My diagram shows how close tree looks big-far tree lokks small, and jigsaws woth kackBs angular-distance graph and bored (correct) tree tu-tube drawing.
Clearly communicated as evident by everyone understanding it.... everyone.
Even the one wackadoodle who is faking it and curewntly dodging any acknowledgment of it because he must dismiss it because he cant bring up a valid point to argue it.
It must be dodged and dismissed or he must accept his tutube premise is wrong.

TLDR
Its a pinhole.
It explains how your eye works.
It shows field of view and debunks your tu-tube.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4326 on: April 12, 2021, 05:31:07 AM »
The 'honest" opinion of a proven dishonest  troll. Sounds quite worthless,
I'm pleased you think like that because that's my mindset of you.

JackBlack

« Reply #4327 on: April 12, 2021, 05:34:10 AM »
It is the mindset of anyone who has honestly analysed what you have stated.

Again, why do you claim the ground is not visible through a level tube when looking down a slope or when looking on a RE?

Remember, you have admitted that you CAN see what is below the tube, so the ground merely being below is not enough.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #4328 on: April 12, 2021, 05:38:57 AM »

I showed my side, several times and it proved you wrong. You never showed your side, even when called out, like now. Why? What are you afraid of showing? That your own experiment proves you wrong?
I called you out on it and handed you a better set up where you would have serious trouble trying the dupe and guess what?

Yep, you bottled it just like I suspected you would.

You know what you know, so don't need to actually... look through a tube. Because you 'know' what you will see. Do you have any idea how crazy that sounds?  :-\

Why don't you try your own experiment and show us what YOU see. Look through a tube, it's NOT hard.

« Reply #4329 on: April 12, 2021, 06:09:25 AM »

The closer the objext the large the angles and resulting area on the back surface = far tree looks small

The pinhole is jow to represent this wih an accurate and dimensionably scalable diagram as dvident by my very bereft description with experimentally useful reproducible diagram.

My diagram shows how close tree looks big-far tree lokks small, and jigsaws woth kackBs angular-distance graph and bored (correct) tree tu-tube drawing.
Even the one wackadoodle who is faking it and curewntly dodging any acknowledgment of it because he must dismiss it because he cant bring up a valid point to argue it.

TLDR
Its a pinhole.

Keeps gerting overlooked.
He asked for words.
He got words.
He even got a picture to go along with the words.
Funny its overlooked.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4330 on: April 12, 2021, 06:34:38 AM »

That doesn't matter, it's neither here nor there. Regardless of whether you think something exists or not, you obligation in this discussion is to at least try an understand the bare minimum of what the opposing side offers.
I definitely do try but you have to remember that I was once an adherent to your globe model and by questioning it, I'm at this point.

You have to ask yourself why I got to this point if you're serious about understanding varying points.

Quote from: Stash
We try with your side, over and over and over again, we try. Albeit, we only have you in the world to rely on to figure out what your side is and you suck at conveying it as evidenced by a dozen years of zero people buying into your musings.
You try for a little bit then it comes down to digs and then the old troll comes out, then all the rest of the gunk.
I simply play tit for tat in some cases because I feel the replies are worthless in terms of effort.

At least we have outside sources.
Outside sources are only relevant if those sources are based on truth; something which you can appeal to but cannot truthfully stand by as a knowing set of truth's.
If you can then let's see what you have.

But it seems you don't even have a rudimentary notion about how the other side purports to work. You just make up shit like in a globe world the earth just peels off immediately and curves away below your feet like a cliff.
I don't make that up. You've just done it.

You go with a globe. You also go with 8 inches per mile squared or thereabouts.
This suggests a downward curve, always.
This means my level view through a tube would mean your Earth curves away from me, downwards from your level vision by 8 inches for the first mile and then nearly 3 feet for the second mile and 6 feet for the third mile.
Just 3 miles means you lose 6 feet of vision of your so called global ground from that level start.

So, regardless of whether you mention peeling off like a cliff, it simply would create extreme measurable distance to ground over a few miles, as shown.

It doesn't work and the only way you people can try and make it work is by using a global skim to target which would mean you would have to angle your view to the target and also bend that vision if reflection back  to your eye.

It's nonsensical but it answers the conundrum by use of fiction.
Among many things, this one destroys the global notion.

So when you ask why you wouldn't see distant objects, this is exactly why.

The fact that we do see distant objects tells us that the Earth is absolutely 100% not a globe we supposedly walk/sail upon.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4331 on: April 12, 2021, 06:35:54 AM »

Do you even know what the Globe perspective claims as the size of the earth? Or are you just pretending not to know? (I'm pretty sure the latter) I understand that you loath the notion of a globe earth, but acting like a child who hates it sooo much you can't even address what you're against is just plain weird.

If you think I'm acting like a child then that's your mindset.
You might need to ask yourself and your posse, who are acting child like to make you wonder why I seem to be from your side.

Good for you. But your crazed self-indoctrinated refusal has left you in a position where you can't even argue for your side.
Because you make up these things that you rail against that aren't even part of the pantheon of the thing you rail against. You're clouded distaste for what you don't believe, so much so, like a religeous zealot.

To be fair it's people like you that act like that.
You see you lot attack the laternates to your religious belief's because you treat them as your facts due to adherence to those you buy into as factual tutors and simply use it as your comfortable reliance and go to regurgitation when the model comes under scrutiny.

As for me. I give out my musings/theories/hypotheses as just that.
I do not pass them off as factual but I do stand behind what I say until someone can prove it wrong or come up with a better potential.

Some have their own potentials and I respect that. It may not be for me but mine may not be for them.
You people throw what you read for mainstream, out as your weapon of choice to supposedly scupper any alternate but you do not have the facts. You have a faith system that comes off as you facts...and here you are calling me a religious zealot. Look in your mirror.

Sure, we all foist our notions about a globe earth on your notions, but at a minimum, we're trying to fit reality to it, mostly to refute it, but also to understand it.
Clearly you aren't.
Your modus operandi, among other with your mindset, is to destroy all conflicts against the global system...the one you adhere to like a limpet.
You start off pretending you understand stuff and then go into attack mode and back to square one.
Kabool is the worst of the lot.
If you really wanted to understand it, you would do so but I feel you're too weak minded and basically wary of looking like you do because you know you will be attacked yourself from the usual suspects.
I genuinely believe that and I think people like yourself waste your own time arguing, armed with a silver platter full of references to throw out without much effort.

And so far, every time, reality rears its ugly head and your carbonite projecting dome covered crystal membrane world just doesn't present itself as such, as in reality. No evidence of any of it, no experiments of any of it, just your musings. All fine and good, but just musings. Zero evidence.
It depends on what experiments mean to you.
I've done plenty but they mean nothing because you don't accept simple stuff, like low pressure and how it works and instead choosing vacuums with random scattered particles just banging into each other and what not, with empty space between them.

You don't allow yourself 5 minutes to actually question your side. It is what they say it is and you are in awe, so that's that. Basically.

Apparently you don't. Otherwise that you would know that in globe thinking, the earth does not just peel away from your feet so you wouldn't be able to see the ground through a simple bloody tube. Thinking that couldn't be more asinine. It's such a strange and bizarre hill for you to die on when simple reality evidence you refuse to present that anyone could, and has shown, immediately shows you're wrong. Bizarre. Only a troll would keep this argument up for 100 pages.

The same simple tube destroys your globe. It's as simple as that.

Hilarious. I'll leave it at that.

You'll need to because there's nothing you can prove in terms of your belief in a globe you think you walk upon.

Hmmm, unconditionally? None of us would be here if it were unconditional.
Most of you are, so, what now?
Don't tell me you're here to learn something alternate to what you firmly believe.

There's a few among you that I believe would love to rally against the globe, even if it starts off as being a devil's advocate stance.
I believe fear of being attacked stops some from daring to take that stance on a forum.
I include you in that.

Smokey tested the water until he was attacked and went back into his shell.

A starting point for sure, but a place like this makes one question a lot of things, research a lot of things, personally confirm or deny a lot of things. You're not as special as you would like to believe. You should take a breather from such narcissism. It's unhealthy and makes you believe you know what goes through the minds of other people when you really have no idea.
I think we all do that.
I even have you down as wearing a clint Eastwood spaghetti western hat and actually smoking half a cigar whilst wearing white socks and flip flops.
I'm sure you'll have me down as Peter Lorre or something.

Just kidding by the way....but...we all do like to think we've got the gist of the opponent or correspondent whether faced or faceless.

Understood. But maybe just back away from the the holier than thou you're all indoctrinated sheep thing and maybe take in for a moment that yes, biases are at the forefront, so is yours, but that doesn't mean no one is trying to learn something, understand something that may be foreign, even if they argue against it. We are no more indoctrinated than you are.
As soon as you people do so, I'll be sure to follow.
Remember I deal with many of you lot and your digs are basically back patting follow on's.
I only have myself to retort to those which makes me appear like I'm the bad wolf.

The problem you people have is in not being able to play your own set of rules.
Try it sometime and see what happens, or carry on playing the silly games and see what happens.

Tit for tat but the issue should be, using the brain.

« Reply #4332 on: April 12, 2021, 07:02:47 AM »
i'm the worst of the lot eh?

keep dodding the very simple a basic concept of an eyeball and how a pinhole accurately shows why close = big and far = small due to the changing angle and the captured image size on the retina.

keep asking for words.
words that i keep using.
keep dodging and replying back with word salads of nonsense.

VERY SIMPLY

IS YOUR EYEBALL A PINHOLE CAMERA?

DOES THIS EXPLAIN HOW VISION WORKS?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4333 on: April 12, 2021, 07:52:41 AM »
It is the mindset of anyone who has honestly analysed what you have stated.

Again, why do you claim the ground is not visible through a level tube when looking down a slope or when looking on a RE?

Remember, you have admitted that you CAN see what is below the tube, so the ground merely being below is not enough.
I've stated many times how you wouldn't see the ground on your globe.

Just standing with a 6 foot level view you're already at the 3 mile distance right there.
So basically your first mile from that point is squared from 6 feet which means your drop is now nearly 11 feet from that point at just one mile.

And you think that, although you see no ground/water immediately below the end of your tube, you'll suddenly see it as the ground/water drops even further up to  nearly 11 feet in one mile?
This is why the globe is fantasy.

There's no horizon and definitely no ground seen.
Soooo, we are living on/in something different to a globe.

It's all about fine tuning what exactly that is.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4334 on: April 12, 2021, 07:54:17 AM »

I showed my side, several times and it proved you wrong. You never showed your side, even when called out, like now. Why? What are you afraid of showing? That your own experiment proves you wrong?
I called you out on it and handed you a better set up where you would have serious trouble trying the dupe and guess what?

You know what you know, so don't need to actually... look through a tube. Because you 'know' what you will see. Do you have any idea how crazy that sounds?  :-\

Why don't you try your own experiment and show us what YOU see. Look through a tube, it's NOT hard.
I know what I know because I've done the very same experiment you did. That why I know you tried to play a dupe and I called you out on it.

Anyone can do it and prove that I'm correct.

« Reply #4335 on: April 12, 2021, 07:54:54 AM »

TLDR
Its a pinhole.

He asked for words.
He got words.
Funny its overlooked.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4336 on: April 12, 2021, 07:55:37 AM »

He asked for words.
He got words.
Funny its overlooked.
You can't explain it unless you copy and paste it.
That's all you have.
There's no effort from you...at all.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4337 on: April 12, 2021, 07:57:04 AM »

You go with a globe. You also go with 8 inches per mile squared or thereabouts.
This suggests a downward curve, always.
This means my level view through a tube would mean your Earth curves away from me, downwards from your level vision by 8 inches for the first mile and then nearly 3 feet for the second mile and 6 feet for the third mile.
Just 3 miles means you lose 6 feet of vision of your so called global ground from that level start.

And also means that the tree image we have been discussing, at 400ft away will only be 0.046 inch lower on the globe than it would be on a flat plane. You are asking us to believe that this fraction of an inch is enough to stop us seeing the ground(that would also be just 0.046 inch lower). That sounds retarded, so we don't believe you. And you are entirely incapable of showing evidence or even logical reasoning why this would be the case, so we don't believe you.

Did you read this post:
https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=87127.msg2312375#msg2312375
You're already 6 feet higher than the ground, so do your calculations again for your globe.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4338 on: April 12, 2021, 07:58:34 AM »
i'm the worst of the lot eh?

Yep, I'd say so.
You start off ok then revert right back to square one and your attempted abuse comes right with it.

« Reply #4339 on: April 12, 2021, 08:05:49 AM »

TLDR
Its a pinhole.

He asked for words.
He got words.
Funny its overlooked.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4340 on: April 12, 2021, 08:47:47 AM »

You're already 6 feet higher than the ground, so do your calculations again for your globe.

The 6 feet higher doesn't matter at all to the ground. The ground drops away :-
400ft / 5280ft = 0.076 miles
0.076 ^ 2 = 0.0057 miles squared
0.0057 * 8 inches = 0.046 inches drop over 400ft

So the base of the tree is 0.046 inches lower your feet when you are standing at  the tube.

Once again you are trying to use you not understanding something as meaning it is not possible.
I don't think you're quite getting me.
Let's try again.

If you believe you live on a globe then you have to accept the 8 inches per mile squared.
first mile is 8 inches drop.
Second mile is 2x8x2=32 inch drop.
Third mile is 8x3x3=72 inches, or 6 feet.
Fourth mile would be 8x4x4= 128 inches or 10 feet 8 inches.

This 4th mile would be equivalent to the 1 mile away from a 6 feet high level tube.

Bearing in mind from a standing start at 6 feet above sea level, you would not see the ground directly below the tube end, so don't even think about seeing it over distance as your globe curves down.

You people are arguing it from a flat Earth (water) point of view but believe it's from a global point of view, which you can clearly see it cannot be.

Simple stuff is all it takes.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #4341 on: April 12, 2021, 09:29:39 AM »

I know what I know because I've done the very same experiment you did. That why I know you tried to play a dupe and I called you out on it.

Anyone can do it and prove that I'm correct.

LOL.

Anyone can do it... except you apparently.

You didn't do your experiment and you know it, that's why you refuse to post any photographs of it.  If you really performed it like you claimed, where is your evidence?  Why won't you show it?  What are you hiding?  You bottled it, didn't you.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4342 on: April 12, 2021, 09:43:32 AM »

This 4th mile would be equivalent to the 1 mile away from a 6 feet high level tube.

No, it has the same value (6 foot) at 3 miles, but has no logical equivalence. You're desperately trying to build another strawman.
It is the ground that drops away, your height above it has absolutely no effect on that.
What I've said is correct going by your global mindset.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4343 on: April 12, 2021, 09:45:19 AM »

You didn't do your experiment and you know it, that's why you refuse to post any photographs of it.  If you really performed it like you claimed, where is your evidence?  Why won't you show it?  What are you hiding?  You bottled it, didn't you.
The experiment was so simple to do.
You did the same experiment except you dipped your tube after pretending to show a level on top of it.

I know you did this because I did the same kind of experiment, only with a real level tube over a downward gradient.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #4344 on: April 12, 2021, 09:59:16 AM »

You did the same experiment except you dipped your tube after pretending to show a level on top of it.

I know you did this because I did the same kind of experiment, only with a real level tube over a downward gradient.

You mean you say you did the experiment but won't show anyone. I think you won't show anyone the photos because they don't exist, as you never actually performed the experiment. You just 'know' what it should look like, right?

Pics or it didn't happen.  ;D

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4345 on: April 12, 2021, 10:11:58 AM »

You mean you say you did the experiment but won't show anyone. I think you won't show anyone the photos because they don't exist, as you never actually performed the experiment. You just 'know' what it should look like, right?

Legitimate people can verify it for themselves. That obviously doesn't include you.

« Reply #4346 on: April 12, 2021, 10:36:22 AM »

TLDR
Its a pinhole.

He asked for words.
He got words.
Funny its overlooked.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #4347 on: April 12, 2021, 10:42:35 AM »

Legitimate people can verify it for themselves. That obviously doesn't include you.

Or you, since you can't even post any pictures of your 'supposed' experiment that you totally did, but won't show because reasons.

Suuuuuure.

And the dog ate your homework.

« Reply #4348 on: April 12, 2021, 11:13:17 AM »

Do you even accept the image of the tree is inverted at the back of your retina and your brain turns it correct way up? You do know this, right?
We don't need to argue inverted.

Well, hallelujah! That's one less argument to worry about.

I see you're all back discussing tubes again.

Explain for me, Sceptimatic, how light compresses. You seem to have expert secret knowledge on this. I want to know.

« Reply #4349 on: April 12, 2021, 12:09:06 PM »

Do you even accept the image of the tree is inverted at the back of your retina and your brain turns it correct way up? You do know this, right?
We don't need to argue inverted.

Well, hallelujah! That's one less argument to worry about.

I see you're all back discussing tubes again.

Explain for me, Sceptimatic, how light compresses. You seem to have expert secret knowledge on this. I want to know.

that's a good question.
how?
what possible mechanism explains it.
hrmmm...