What would change your mind?

• 5620 Replies

JJA

• Math is math!
Re: What would change your mind?
« Reply #4260 on: April 09, 2021, 04:53:36 AM »
I'm using a tube, like I started off with.
Level.
Tunnel vision to the object.

So, out of that can you tell me where your pinhole comes into it.

You and your tubes.  ::)

A tube and a pinhole are topologically identical, that's why.
Then explain it all and let's get some clarity.

I just did.  Do you not understand what 'topologically identical' means?
Explain the tube and explain the pinhole.

Can't you do it without looking it up and coming back with nothing?

You have to actually ask a question if you want an answer.  Explain the tube?  Why don't you tell me what you need explained about a tube.

Did you not look up 'topologically identical'?  Just Google it and read it.  If you still don't understand, ask about what part confuses you.

Topologically identical isn't a hard concept, you can put in a LITTLE work here, can't you?  That is if you are honestly and legitimately interested in learning.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4261 on: April 09, 2021, 05:36:44 AM »
the compression happens at the pinhole WHERE YOUR EYEBALL IS.

the tube is exterior to YOUR EYEBALL (AKA THE PINHOLE).

the tube has nothing to do with how compression of light happens, becuase the tube is not your EYEBALL, and people with or without the tube still see the tree of the same angular size.

because

THE TUBE

IS NOT

YOUR

EYEBALL
Correct, the tube is not my eyeball. My eye ball is at the back of the dark tube, looking through that tube like looking through a dark tunnel.
Tunnel vision on the level, in his case.

From the other end of that tunnel is the biggest amount of light.
Let's call this the start of the light tunnel.

You see the biggest part of your view at the very start f that end dark tunnel to the very start of the attached light tunnel.

What you see at the end of it is the smallest return of light because it gives the appearance of a cone effect but in reality it is equal.

All that's happened is, compression due to more dense matter/molecule build, horizontally to the target, creating a sort of back to front telescopic return mindset.

As if you were looking through the front to back of a scope.

No
The pinhole camera is your eye and is why far looks small and close looks big.
Angles
Triangles

Are you of the opinion that you NEED a level tu-tube to compress light to see far aqay things?

Are you of the opinion that your eye is NOT a pinhole and your eye is NOT how you see?
Not sure why you keep mentioning triangles.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4262 on: April 09, 2021, 05:42:01 AM »
I'm using a tube, like I started off with.
Level.
Tunnel vision to the object.

So, out of that can you tell me where your pinhole comes into it.

You and your tubes.  ::)

A tube and a pinhole are topologically identical, that's why.
Then explain it all and let's get some clarity.

I just did.  Do you not understand what 'topologically identical' means?
Explain the tube and explain the pinhole.

Can't you do it without looking it up and coming back with nothing?

You have to actually ask a question if you want an answer.  Explain the tube?  Why don't you tell me what you need explained about a tube.

Did you not look up 'topologically identical'?  Just Google it and read it.  If you still don't understand, ask about what part confuses you.

Topologically identical isn't a hard concept, you can put in a LITTLE work here, can't you?  That is if you are honestly and legitimately interested in learning.
I'm always interested in learning, as long as what I'm learning is based on the truth or a theory that tries to garner a truth.

Unless you've got some truth's to tell and show then you are reliant on the stories handed to you that you have not verified as a truth.

That's not learning, that's reliance and parroting.

« Reply #4263 on: April 09, 2021, 07:00:04 AM »

the tube has nothing to do with how compression of light happens, becuase the tube is not your EYEBALL, and people with or without the tube still see the tree of the same angular size.

because

THE TUBE

IS NOT

YOUR

EYEBALL
Correct, the tube is not my eyeball. My eye ball is at the back of the dark tube, looking through that tube like looking through a dark tunnel.

You see the biggest part of your view at the very start f that end dark tunnel to the very start of the attached light tunnel.

What you see at the end of it is the smallest return of light because it gives the appearance of a cone effect but in reality it is equal.

All that's happened is, compression due to more dense matter/molecule build, horizontally to the target, creating a sort of back to front telescopic return mindset.

No
Angles
Triangles

Are you of the opinion that you NEED a level tu-tube to compress light to see far aqay things?

Are you of the opinion that your eye is NOT a pinhole and your eye is NOT how you see?

if you looked at the image of a pinhole camera you would know why I and jackB keeps mentioning triangles (angles).

« Reply #4264 on: April 09, 2021, 07:01:15 AM »

because

THE TUBE

IS NOT

YOUR

EYEBALL

No
Angles
Triangles

at the same time,
your poor attempt to deflect reveals yet again you are a POS.
answer the questions so we can understand denP better and move forward.
unless moving forward is not what your intent is... which is funny when you scoff that i'm "always returning to the beginning".

JackBlack

« Reply #4265 on: April 09, 2021, 07:07:44 AM »
I'm always interested in learning, as long as what I'm learning is based on the truth or a theory that tries to garner a truth.
You mean as long as whatever you are "learning" matches the BS you think is true, whereas if it shows you are wrong, you will reject it and aren't interested in learning at all?
For example, you have no interest in learning that your claim that you can't see the ground is wrong. So you continually dodge questions made to help you learn, by showing the contradiction in your position.

Good. Discuss it. Answer the extremely simple question you were asked:
If an object is far enough away horizontally, can you see it even though it is below the tube?
No.
Then how do you see any part of the tree that is below the tube?

For example, in this diagram, do you see the bottom of the distant tree, even though it is well below the level of the tube?

In fact, can you see any part of it outside the 2 parallel black lines marking the height of the tube?

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #4266 on: April 09, 2021, 08:19:21 AM »

Unless you've got some truth's to tell and show then you are reliant on the stories handed to you that you have not verified as a truth.

That's not learning, that's reliance and parroting.

So you have what, decided that 'topologically identical' is a concept that isn't based on truth and refuse to even try to understand it? Because I mentioned it?

You haven't shown the capability or interest in learning a single thing in any of these discussions.  This is just the latest example.  Even basic math concepts scare you just because a 'round earther' brought them up.

Will you stop eating donuts and drinking from coffee mugs if I tell you those are topologically identical as well?  Evil global donuts...

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4267 on: April 10, 2021, 12:03:26 AM »

because

THE TUBE

IS NOT

YOUR

EYEBALL

No
Angles
Triangles

if you looked at the image of a pinhole camera you would know why I and jackB keeps mentioning triangles (angles).
I'm still waiting for a worded explanation from your own words.
Tell me what you think is going on and why.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4268 on: April 10, 2021, 12:09:42 AM »

Nope.

Quote from: Themightykabool

I've said many a time that your vision converges to a point.

It's the entire purpose as to why we have a vanishing point.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4269 on: April 10, 2021, 12:11:18 AM »
You mean as long as whatever you are "learning" matches the BS you think is true, whereas if it shows you are wrong, you will reject it and aren't interested in learning at all?
For example, you have no interest in learning that your claim that you can't see the ground is wrong. So you continually dodge questions made to help you learn, by showing the contradiction in your position.

If an object is far enough away horizontally, can you see it even though it is below the tube?
No.

For example, in this diagram, do you see the bottom of the distant tree, even though it is well below the level of the tube?

In fact, can you see any part of it outside the 2 parallel black lines marking the height of the tube?
What are you trying to show with this picture and using a tube that is clearly not on the level?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4270 on: April 10, 2021, 12:18:32 AM »
You haven't shown the capability or interest in learning a single thing in any of these discussions.  This is just the latest example.  Even basic math concepts scare you just because a 'round earther' brought them up.

No, not at all. Nothing like that scares me.
If I saw an inkling of potential truth in the stuff I'm arguing, I wouldn't be arguing against it.

You people do very little to aid that, in fact you people serve to steer people away from the global narrative just by the way you go on.

You got all excited when you thought you could dupe me with the tube experiment.
When I asked for further clarification by you, you went into a frenzy and refused.

Let's put it this way.
If I was doing it and I believed I'd done it legit and you asked me to clarify with little added extras to verify, I'd be only too willing to shut you up.

You don't seem very willing to shut me up yet go into spasms about me being wrong.
All you're doing is verifying that I'm correct.

Since then it's been a mish mash of all kinds of attempts to sway from the original set up.
You have the equipment which costs little to nothing. You have the gradient.

What's stopping you shutting me up?

JackBlack

« Reply #4271 on: April 10, 2021, 12:27:42 AM »

No.

What are you trying to show with this picture and using a tube that is clearly not on the level?
That has already been explained to you.
The tube in this picture is level.
I am asking if you can see the parts of the tree that are below level, providing the lines clearly showing how the light would need to come up from below.

Now how about you stop with the deflection and just answer the question?
You state that even if an object is far enough away horizontally, it can't be seen if it is below the tube.

Are you going to commit to this and state that you cannot see any part of the tree that is below the tube?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4272 on: April 10, 2021, 01:58:32 AM »

No.

I am asking if you can see the parts of the tree that are below level, providing the lines clearly showing how the light would need to come up from below.

You state that even if an object is far enough away horizontally, it can't be seen if it is below the tube.

Are you going to commit to this and state that you cannot see any part of the tree that is below the tube?
Like I said before, what you're showing would not happen.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4273 on: April 10, 2021, 05:34:51 AM »

Why would it not happen, when everything you've told us so far shows that it would.
Not with that picture.

You've tried to play so many silly games with pictures, you've lost the plot. But then again you're bored and are not bothered, plus you're here to cause trouble.
That's correct, right?

JackBlack

« Reply #4274 on: April 10, 2021, 05:38:01 AM »

No.

Again, just directly answer the question.
Forget about the lines in the image as they are just to show the bottom of the tree is below the level of the tube.

The bottom of the tree is BELOW the level of the tube.
So do you claim that because it is below the level of the tube it cannot be seen, regardless of how far away it is?

« Reply #4275 on: April 10, 2021, 06:50:10 AM »
Why do you keep saying i havent explained the pinhole?

I have used manybwords along with the diagramwhat part of my word description confuses you?

« Reply #4276 on: April 10, 2021, 06:51:05 AM »

You keeo takking about compressing views over distance.
The pinhole is jow to represent this wih an accurate and dimensionably scalable diagram as dvident by my very bereft description with experimentally useful reproducible diagram.

Unlike your word salad and lack of diagram
My diagram shows how close tree looks big-far tree lokks small, and jigsaws woth kackBs angular-distance graph and bored (correct) tree tu-tube drawing.
Clearly communicated as evident by everyone understanding it.... everyone.
Even the one wackadoodle who is faking it and curewntly dodging any acknowledgment of it because he must dismiss it because he cant bring up a valid point to argue it.
It must be dodged and dismissed or he must accept his tutube premise is wrong.

TLDR
Its a pinhole.
It explains how your eye works.
It shows field of view and debunks your tu-tube.

If it's a pinhole, do you accept that the image seen through it has to be compressed?

the "image" yes, not the tree, and not the field of view.

do YOU accept the actual tree is still the same size and the representation of the diagram shows a full sized tree, at distance XX, and the light rays being the arrowed lines, and the gap between the arrowed is the "field of view"?

« Reply #4277 on: April 10, 2021, 06:53:30 AM »

Nope.

If you dont need a tube, then why aee you saying the tube compresses the fluted viaion reflection and prevents you from seeing the far away foot of jackbs tree?

Vision converges BECAUSE your eye is a pinhole camera
Yes or no?

« Reply #4278 on: April 10, 2021, 07:45:47 AM »

Why would it not happen, when everything you've told us so far shows that it would.
Not with that picture.

You've tried to play so many silly games with pictures, you've lost the plot. But then again you're bored and are not bothered, plus you're here to cause trouble.
That's correct, right?

I'm bored too. But, can you elaborate on how eyesight works in your world? I'm not really following  but am guessing you'll ask me to suspend my disbelief yet again, right?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4279 on: April 10, 2021, 09:06:06 AM »

Yes, It's causing you no end of trouble having your lies and contradictions pointed out to everyone.

Absolutely no trouble at all for me. You carry on with whatever takes your fancy.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4280 on: April 10, 2021, 09:07:41 AM »
Why do you keep saying i havent explained the pinhole?

I have used manybwords along with the diagramwhat part of my word description confuses you?
Because you haven't explained anything.
You looked up pinhole and slung it out there.
Let's see you describe what you're saying.
Explain it all.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4281 on: April 10, 2021, 09:08:52 AM »

Nope.

If you dont need a tube, then why aee you saying the tube compresses the fluted viaion reflection and prevents you from seeing the far away foot of jackbs tree?

Yes or no?
Do you accept the picture compresses to your vision?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4282 on: April 10, 2021, 09:09:31 AM »

Not with that picture.

That's correct, right?

I'm bored too. But, can you elaborate on how eyesight works in your world? I'm not really following  but am guessing you'll ask me to suspend my disbelief yet again, right?
I won't ask you do do anything.
Do what you feel is right for you.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4283 on: April 10, 2021, 09:10:56 AM »

He believes this

But doesn't want it shown as a picture, because it appears retarded. This is how it has to be if we follow his description.

Bingo.
  +

Put the tree inside the far end of the triangle instead of out of it.

« Reply #4284 on: April 10, 2021, 09:40:45 AM »

Not with that picture.

That's correct, right?

I won't ask you do do anything.
Do what you feel is right for you.

Do you even accept the image of the tree is inverted at the back of your retina and your brain turns it correct way up? You do know this, right?

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #4285 on: April 10, 2021, 09:47:51 AM »

No, not at all. Nothing like that scares me.

You aren't fooling anybody but yourself.  I haven't see you learn a single fact or idea in any of these discussions, all you do is deny, deny, deny.

What's stopping you shutting me up?

The fact that you have shown you will blanket deny anything we do, and that you won't even show us how you want your experiment run because you're too afraid to perform it.

I could fly you here, show you my setup, let you look through the tube with your own eyes and you would still claim I was somehow lying and faking because it wouldn't show you what you expect.

I do experiments here if they are fun to do, I'm not your monkey, I have zero obligation to add whatever gears and magnets and plumb bobs you demand and whine about.  You want them done 'right' then do them yourself. Oh yeah... you can't. Not my problem.

« Reply #4286 on: April 10, 2021, 12:57:05 PM »

Nope.

Yes or no?
Do you accept the picture compresses to your vision?

Deflection

It is very clearly stated

- The eyeball is a pinhole camera

yes or no?
It has nothing to do with appealing to an authority or copypaste.
It is or it isnt.

The pinhole accurately shows how sight-distance-things-far-look-small all work.
Yes no?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2021, 12:59:08 PM by Themightykabool »

JackBlack

« Reply #4287 on: April 10, 2021, 02:25:12 PM »
Absolutely no trouble at all for me.
It seems like quite substantial trouble, as you still refuse to address a simple question directly, and need to dodge it as much as possible as it gets right to the heart of your contradiction.

Do you know why the tree was brought up in the first place?
To expose the insanity of your position.
But rather than accept that and admit you were wrong, you just outright contradict yourself.

Again, your entire argument is based upon not being able to see anything that is below the level of the tube.

You have explicitly confirmed this in 2 ways.
First by saying that the image provided of the tunnel vision is absolutely correct.
This was done in this post of yours:
So are you saying this:

Absolutely.
You (in the quote chain in that post) rejected the angular FOV provided by me which would allow you to see things below the level of the tube, and replaced it by this magic tunnel vision of yours.
Note that in this side view, which you agreed with absolutely, the distance between the straight line, level through the tube, and the ground, does not change, so this image is not showing any compression.

Again, you rely on this to claim you cannot see the ground, as it is below the tube.

This means it is showing what is in reality, not the visual compression you want to appeal to. If you did want to appeal to visual compression you would accept the angular FOV, or want it modified to show the visual compression. Both result in you being able to see objects below the tube.
Again, appealing to the "visual compression" would result in an image like this one:

This shows the "side" view of what you visually see.
This image makes up part of your FOV. But the tube blocks the top and bottom portion, including extending off the top and bottom of the image.
This tube appears as a region of darkness at the top and bottom.
Then as the distance from you increases, everything gets smaller.
This includes the distance to the ground. That means after enough distance horizontally, the distance from your eye line to the ground has compressed enough to fit into the tube and you can see the ground.

Because of this, a tree was brought up, as were other objects.
Where your insanity indicates that if you look at any object through a 1 inch tube, you will only see 1 inch of that distant object, regardless of how far away it is, as you can't see anything below the tube (and likewise, above or to the side, all you can see is the tiny region in that tube).

But you know that is pure insanity, so you reject it.
As soon as a tree is put in, you magically want it to change.
Now you magically want to be able to see things below the tube.

You directly contradict yourself, appealing to all sorts of nonsense.

The other reason the tree was brought up was because IT IS ON THE GROUND! If you can see all the tree, you can see the ground.
But again, you want to pretend we can't because the ground is below the tube, and instead have a magically compressed floating tree.

But you can't have it both ways. Either you can see objects below the tube, at least if it is far enough away (unless you want to add your own requirements) and thus you can see the bottom of the tree and the ground; or you can't see objects below the tube at all and thus you cannot see the bottom of the tree or the ground.

This is why I am asking such simple and direct questions, which deserve an explicit answer.

So can you see the bottom of the tree, even though it is below the level of the tube?
The only way to honestly and completely address this extremely simple question is to either:
state that because the bottom of the tree is below the level of the tube it is not visible; or
state that even though the bottom is below, you can still see it and thus can see things below the tube.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4288 on: April 11, 2021, 01:05:29 AM »

You need to explain how the tree doesn't appear to fly if you cannot see the ground below it?
What distance?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4289 on: April 11, 2021, 01:42:47 AM »

Do you even accept the image of the tree is inverted at the back of your retina and your brain turns it correct way up? You do know this, right?
We don't need to argue inverted.