What would change your mind?

• 5620 Replies

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
Re: What would change your mind?
« Reply #4140 on: April 04, 2021, 03:24:05 AM »
Make the tree smaller.
No, you are meant to be showing what happens to the light.
How does the light from the top and bottom of the tree make it into the tube.
If the tree needs to be smaller you are claiming the tree physically shrinks, which we know is not the case.

Ok let's make this simple.

If you walk away from an object, does that object look smaller to your view compared to what it looked like when you were closer.

Just answer that instead of trying to make out I'm saying it is physically smaller.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4141 on: April 04, 2021, 03:25:18 AM »
Try this exercise.

Look at building far away

Close one eye

Use your index and thumb to size the top-bottom.
Move your hand back and forth.

Note the distance betweem fingers changes.
This change follows lines, the light rays, same as Boreds picture.

Seriously
Trianlges arent that complicated.
What are you arguing that I'm not telling you?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4142 on: April 04, 2021, 03:28:59 AM »

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4143 on: April 04, 2021, 04:44:15 AM »

Make the tree smaller.
I think you misunderstand the 'cows small and far' video. By moving the tree from 100 meters away to 200 meters the tree will now appear to be half the size it was previously.
But anyway do you have a point to make by me making the tree smaller? I made these diagrams to try to help understand your nonsense, but it really is just nonsense. Your answers throughout have been inconsistent, and you know this. So it seems that 'What would change your mind' is simply asking a different question as your mind is constantly changing.

Please just answer me one thing:
What does "Compress the visual from that tube by making the tree appear to fit the tube but smaller over distance." mean? I cannot make   any sense of this. Does this just mean 'make the tree smaller'?

here

have at it.
You see that big angled vision like a torch beam you put up from tube to tree...right?

That's you looking wrong.
What you should be focusing on is the reflection back to your eye.
Let's see if you can show me.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4144 on: April 04, 2021, 04:45:19 AM »
Or was this closer to it?

You're starting to get somewhere. It just needs tweaking.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4145 on: April 04, 2021, 04:48:38 AM »
A little clue would be to think about an array of mirrors from two parallel mirrors.

Have a think on it.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4146 on: April 04, 2021, 05:42:38 AM »

Make the tree smaller.
I think you misunderstand the 'cows small and far' video. By moving the tree from 100 meters away to 200 meters the tree will now appear to be half the size it was previously.
But anyway do you have a point to make by me making the tree smaller? I made these diagrams to try to help understand your nonsense, but it really is just nonsense. Your answers throughout have been inconsistent, and you know this. So it seems that 'What would change your mind' is simply asking a different question as your mind is constantly changing.

What does "Compress the visual from that tube by making the tree appear to fit the tube but smaller over distance." mean? I cannot make   any sense of this. Does this just mean 'make the tree smaller'?

here

have at it.
You see that big angled vision like a torch beam you put up from tube to tree...right?

No.
Let's see if you can show me!
It is not possible to draw a diagram that shows what you want it to show. You haven't decided yet what you want it to show but it can't be drawn. This is why it is nonsense. It makes no sense. It can't be shown with a diagram. It cannot be explained in plain language.
You will make no effort to draw for yourself, as you know you can't actually draw it.
Let's see if you can show me!
A clue is, if you're looking through a tube you see tunnel vision. Your view to your target, in this case, the tree comes into view from distance because the light angles the opposite way, as in, your triangle (theoretical) view is the light closest to your tube end takes up the less compressed vision whereas the tree (target) angles back (theoretical angle) in a compressed sense.

I bet you have no clue what I'm saying....right?

Take a look at the mirror explanation, I gave.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4147 on: April 04, 2021, 05:46:30 AM »
Another clue is the train track over distance.

« Reply #4148 on: April 04, 2021, 05:52:57 AM »
Try this exercise.

Look at building far away

Close one eye

Use your index and thumb to size the top-bottom.
Move your hand back and forth.

Note the distance betweem fingers changes.
This change follows lines, the light rays, same as Boreds picture.

Seriously
Trianlges arent that complicated.
What are you arguing that I'm not telling you?

« Reply #4149 on: April 04, 2021, 05:54:59 AM »

Make the tree smaller.

here

have at it.

Bored
Youre looking wrong.

Ahahah

« Reply #4150 on: April 04, 2021, 08:44:50 AM »
Aaahahah

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4151 on: April 04, 2021, 09:24:41 AM »
This is what you believe

You will claim that you don't, but you do. This is exactly as you have explained it to be.
No.

« Reply #4152 on: April 04, 2021, 10:02:27 AM »
Why, instead of everyone endless guessing wtf you mean, inspite of your consistent misdefining of very common words, draw your own damn picture and remove all doubt.

« Reply #4153 on: April 04, 2021, 10:03:29 AM »
Its been read
It makes no sense

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4154 on: April 04, 2021, 10:35:28 AM »
This is what you believe

You will claim that you don't, but you do. This is exactly as you have explained it to be.
No.
No, it doesn't make sense, but it is exactly as you explained it.
No, it's not how I explained it.

Do you know what parallel mirrors means in what I said?

« Reply #4155 on: April 04, 2021, 11:10:26 AM »
And whats your attempt at a point with the mirrors?

JackBlack

« Reply #4156 on: April 04, 2021, 02:47:14 PM »
Ok let's make this simple.

If you walk away from an object, does that object look smaller to your view compared to what it looked like when you were closer.

Just answer that instead of trying to make out I'm saying it is physically smaller.
It subtends a smaller portion of my angular FOV.
This is commonly stated as it appears smaller.
But there is no actual compression, and when viewed and comprehended in context, it is actually just far away.
Not small, far away.

But why not actually make it simple, unlike all the complex nonsense you have been trying to avoid reality?

When you look at a distant tree, through a level tube, how does the light from the bottom of the tree reach your eye?
Does it just go from the bottom of the tree and straight to your eye?

Make the tree smaller.
Why?
It is the tree's physical size.
It shouldn't need to be made smaller.
If you need to make it smaller to argue your point your point is not describing reality.

You should be explaining how the light from the tree reaches the eye.

Or was this closer to it?

You're starting to get somewhere. It just needs tweaking.
And that somewhere is clearly quite disconnected from reality as now the tree is floating in mid air and crushed to a tiny portion of its actual size.

No, that is just you completely missing the point.
They show the limits of the FOV of the tube.
Light within that region can reach your eye.
Light outside that region would be blocked by the tube.

But here, is this better:

No cone, just a line of light coming from the bottom of each tree.
We can even see that the light is the colour of the tree.

And a close up of the tube

So we can see the light from the distant tree manages to make it inside the tube and reach the eye.
The light from the bottom of the close tree instead hits the bottom of the tube, and as it can't go through the wall of the tube, it doesn't reach the eye.

The ability to see the tree is based on if the light goes into the tube, or hits the wall of the tube.

Doesn't get much simpler than that.

You can even show the mirrors using the same honest method:

The image from 2 reflections takes up a smaller angular span and thus appears more distant (far away, not smaller).

JackBlack

« Reply #4157 on: April 04, 2021, 11:21:46 PM »
The drawing is 2 dimensional your mirror picture is 3 dimensional. It is retarded to think one applies to the other. You are retarded, so maybe you could show us how it works?
No, it isn't retarded to think one applies to the other. He is trying to do it to pretend the mirrors are smaller.

It is quite easy to do honestly, as I did above.
here it is again (but only 1 set of reflections, rather than loads more:

But what he provided a picture of shows what he really wants. He wants to pretend the mirrors are some how smaller.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4158 on: April 04, 2021, 11:51:02 PM »
If you'd paid attention you'd understand what I was saying.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4159 on: April 04, 2021, 11:54:54 PM »

Nope.
I'm sure this is you playing games.
Carry on as much as you need to.

Take a look at the mirrors I put out.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4160 on: April 04, 2021, 11:56:46 PM »
The drawing is 2 dimensional your mirror picture is 3 dimensional. It is retarded to think one applies to the other. You are retarded, so maybe you could show us how it works?
No, it isn't retarded to think one applies to the other. He is trying to do it to pretend the mirrors are smaller.

It is quite easy to do honestly, as I did above.
here it is again (but only 1 set of reflections, rather than loads more:

But what he provided a picture of shows what he really wants. He wants to pretend the mirrors are some how smaller.
It's not pretending. It's what the mirrors are by sight.
Each mirror image is compressed into the next to become a vanishing point.

No pretence about it.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4161 on: April 04, 2021, 11:57:53 PM »
Yeah, I still don't get it. Where are these mirrors? Where is the tree? The tube? The light from the tree will never get to my eyes if it is just being reflected back and forth between two parallel mirrors.
The mirrors are the analogy of your view to the tree.

Your attempts at ridicule have rendered your thinking mind, void.

« Reply #4162 on: April 05, 2021, 12:01:36 AM »

I am paying attention
You agreed to one picture
Then disagreed to it days lster.
Now are cuaght and are now trying to introduce a layer of obscurity to hide your failings.
And
Now that youre caught, you are deflecting and dodging and avoiding the very simple question - when i look at a tree, whst does an infinite reflection of two mirrors have to do with anything?
Why does tu-tubes require a vertical plumb level when aligning horizontally is the "trick"?
Why cant you justify that, in a purely geometric examination, a ciricle and triangle cant form a "horizon" (by conventional defintion, not your wackadookie denP one)?

All very simple questions

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4163 on: April 05, 2021, 12:20:03 AM »

I am paying attention
You agreed to one picture
Then disagreed to it days lster.
Now are cuaght and are now trying to introduce a layer of obscurity to hide your failings.
And
Now that youre caught, you are deflecting and dodging and avoiding the very simple question - when i look at a tree, whst does an infinite reflection of two mirrors have to do with anything?
Why does tu-tubes require a vertical plumb level when aligning horizontally is the "trick"?
Why cant you justify that, in a purely geometric examination, a ciricle and triangle cant form a "horizon" (by conventional defintion, not your wackadookie denP one)?

All very simple questions
I'm not caught out. You lot just put stuff up and then don't grasp what I'm saying.

You use angles and then you used a horizontal and parallel view.
I said that was the one but the view is compressed and you lot then go into all kinds of frenzies.

Tunnel vision and eye view compression of background.

You people are throwing up big fluted torch like views from the tube that go over the tree but the opposite happens and this is where you go wrong, in my opinion and how I believe it works.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4164 on: April 05, 2021, 12:24:08 AM »
So all the mirror stuff is just 'things appear smaller when further away'.
And your reasoning is this is because there are mirrors everywhere and not because they make up a smaller section of your overall field of view. And it's not retarded?
Nothing to do with mirrors. The mirrors are how your sight works in seeing close to distant and how your vision is compressed more in the distance against close proximity of surrounding light back to your eyes.

The mirrors merely show an analogy of your view.

It doesn't mean objects just physically change at their origin in themselves. It means your vision is impaired by atmospheric reflection over distance creating a compression in that distance all the way back to your vision, where the light takes precedence.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4165 on: April 05, 2021, 12:26:15 AM »

Ok I know you're playing games now.
Don't feel annoyed when you're overlooked.

« Reply #4166 on: April 05, 2021, 12:36:23 AM »
We ALL understand that the tree doesnt get smaller.

Unfortunately your extremely poor use of english is causing confusion

On top of that, pictures have been orovided to you which you agree and dont agree which contradict what we understand as reality.

Provide your own diagrams and clear all doubt.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4167 on: April 05, 2021, 12:55:09 AM »

On top of that, pictures have been orovided to you which you agree and dont agree which contradict what we understand as reality.

When you have people putting up all kinds of stuff to twist and turn everything then don't be surprised when you end up building your own birds nest of confusion.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4168 on: April 05, 2021, 12:57:15 AM »
your vision is impaired by atmospheric reflection over distance creating a compression in that distance all the way back to your vision, where the light takes precedence.
No, my vision is fine.
If your vision is impaired by atmospheric reflection over distance creating a compression in that distance all the way back to your vision, where the light takes precedence, this means you have impaired vision, which means you are retarded.
Feel free to continue in this vein. I'll sit and amuse myself reading it and then totally overlook it until you come back nastier and nastier when you can't gain traction in your alt.

« Reply #4169 on: April 05, 2021, 01:36:26 AM »

When you have people putting up all kinds of stuff to twist and turn everything then don't be surprised when you end up building your own birds nest of confusion.

Draw your own picture then