What would change your mind?

• 5620 Replies

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
Re: What would change your mind?
« Reply #3690 on: March 01, 2021, 04:51:38 AM »

No attempt at all to try to salvage the globe. There is no need to salvage it. It is still going quite strong.

Of course it's still going strong in the minds of people like yourself. It's unconditional to you people.

It's unconditional when staring at unconditional evidence:

You're very welcome to that mindset.
To me your so called globe, is dead in the level water.

Sure, all fine and good. But that's not an argument. That's just how you "feel" about it. How about posting up some evidence that actually refutes this?
You're doing that yourself.

Actually no. The image is referred to as "evidence" that is in direct contradiction to your "Opinion". The evidence is not an opinion.

How about posting some actual evidence to support your claim instead of just your feelings on the matter.
That picture is a silly con job and anyone with a small amount of unbiased logic can see that.

Feel free to reproduce and debunk it
You lot debunked it yourselves.

« Reply #3691 on: March 01, 2021, 06:38:11 AM »
The picture is true until you show us otherwise.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #3692 on: March 01, 2021, 07:01:13 AM »

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #3693 on: March 01, 2021, 10:41:15 AM »

No attempt at all to try to salvage the globe. There is no need to salvage it. It is still going quite strong.

Of course it's still going strong in the minds of people like yourself. It's unconditional to you people.

It's unconditional when staring at unconditional evidence:

You're very welcome to that mindset.
To me your so called globe, is dead in the level water.

Sure, all fine and good. But that's not an argument. That's just how you "feel" about it. How about posting up some evidence that actually refutes this?
You're doing that yourself.

Actually no. The image is referred to as "evidence" that is in direct contradiction to your "Opinion". The evidence is not an opinion.

How about posting some actual evidence to support your claim instead of just your feelings on the matter.
That picture is a silly con job and anyone with a small amount of unbiased logic can see that.

Where's the con job?

JackBlack

« Reply #3694 on: March 01, 2021, 12:44:03 PM »
I know you so desperately need to pretend it is a con job, but you are yet to provide any justification for why ANYONE should accept it is.
I don't need to pretend. It is in your face and anyone with any unbiased logic will see that.
If you didn't need to pretend and it was so in your face you would easily be able to explain why it is a con job.

But so far your only justification seems to be that it shows you are wrong.

The fact that you cannot provide a single rational justification for why it is a con job and you cannot provide any evidence to counter it shows that you are pretending.

And this again shows that the horizon is BELOW level.

Notice how the 2 water levels don't line up?
Notice how the one in front is lower, that it appears BELOW the horizon?
That shows you are looking down from above.
So if you look down from above you can have the horizon line up with the far water level.

So this again shows you are wrong.

So where is the con job?
Where is the "in your face" logic which clearly shows it is wrong?
Where have disproven ourselves?

Again, something showing you are wrong does not mean it is a con job. It means YOU ARE WRONG!
Deal with it.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #3695 on: March 02, 2021, 03:18:22 AM »
Try harder next time.

« Reply #3696 on: March 02, 2021, 03:27:29 AM »
global energt crisis could be solved by hooking up wind turbines to all of sceppy's hand waving (and the GOP).

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #3697 on: March 02, 2021, 05:50:12 AM »
global energt crisis could be solved by hooking up wind turbines to all of sceppy's hand waving (and the GOP).
There is no global energy crisis.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #3698 on: March 02, 2021, 06:05:23 AM »
There is no global energy crisis.

Well that's a load off my mind!  Is there anything sceptimatic can't solve by ignoring it?

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #3699 on: March 02, 2021, 06:17:50 AM »
Try harder next time.

What's the con job again? Why won't you at least express what you think is wrong with the image that clearly shows the horizon does not rise to eye-level with altitude? "Try harder next time," is just a dodge.

It's basically the same experiment as you had originally suggested to see if the horizon always stays at eye-level. Instead of a tube, it's a box. And this one is even better because it has the leveling fluids fore and aft with the cross-string to show that the instrument and view from the camera is definitely level.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #3700 on: March 02, 2021, 08:10:49 AM »
Try harder next time.

What's the con job again? Why won't you at least express what you think is wrong with the image that clearly shows the horizon does not rise to eye-level with altitude? "Try harder next time," is just a dodge.

It's basically the same experiment as you had originally suggested to see if the horizon always stays at eye-level. Instead of a tube, it's a box. And this one is even better because it has the leveling fluids fore and aft with the cross-string to show that the instrument and view from the camera is definitely level.
My advice to you would be to go into a room by yourself...sit down and put your mind to what's been said.
Try your best not to conform to what you were indoctrinated with, with your globe but instead counteract it by using all your logical basics that you do possess.

Once you understand that there can be no horizon on a globe and also definitely none from height when looking level, you might start to wake up to reality instead of the fantasy you've been coaxed into, severely.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #3701 on: March 02, 2021, 08:57:10 AM »
Try harder next time.

My advice to you would be to go into a room by yourself...sit down and put your mind to what's been said.
Try your best not to conform to what you were indoctrinated with, with your globe but instead counteract it by using all your logical basics that you do possess.

But that's just the thing. There's nothing for me to ruminate on what's been "said" because you haven't "said" anything yet. All you have said is that it's a "con job", but you haven't said why other than your belief system won't allow it to be true. That's faith, not science. And it's certainly not evidence.
It's fine that you have a differing belief system, but the whole point here isn't to discuss whether you believe one thing or another, it's to show why. To show evidence that backs up your belief system. You're not providing any evidence as to why your system works and others don't.

Once you understand that there can be no horizon on a globe and also definitely none from height when looking level, you might start to wake up to reality instead of the fantasy you've been coaxed into, severely.

That's not science. That's just stomping your feet and saying, "No, my belief system won't allow for it." You need to look at the observable evidence and state what is wrong with it and the answer is not just because you don't believe in it. That means nothing.

Otherwise, what's the point? You could just say, "I believe the earth is flat, covered by a dome, with crystal projected holographic Sun, moon and stars, and air pressure is what gravity is," and walk away. Why even respond to anyone if your only response is, "I don't believe in that, so it must be fake"?

So, what's the con job - The physical attributes of the actual observable experiment (not your belief system) and the result that make it a con job?

« Reply #3702 on: March 02, 2021, 11:24:16 AM »
Try harder next time.

We will mever understand why unless you show us.
Because the two 3d simulations i gave you show a horizon and match real photo examples by real people.
Youve yet to provide any visual showing your model and how it matches reality.
Are you a real person?
Are we all failing at johnDs turing experiemtn?

JackBlack

« Reply #3703 on: March 02, 2021, 11:45:52 AM »
Try harder next time.
Follow your own advice.

Again, we have clear evidence that shows your claim is wrong.
We also have simple logic that shows your claim is wrong.

All you have done to try to counter that so far is dismiss the evidence as a con job with no justification at all (and no, it showing you are wrong is not justification), and to continually ignore the simple logic and instead just repeat the same outright lies.

So perhaps you can try harder, or act like a rational adult and admit you are wrong.

Perhaps people will start to "understand" that outright lie when you can find some way to justify it.

All the available evidence and logic clearly shows that the horizon does exist on the RE, and should exist on a RE.
And as we have a FOV, that means we typically can see it when we look out level, with the ability to see it dependent upon your height above Earth and your FOV.

All of this has been explained to you and justified with logic and evidence.
You have offered nothing except outright lies to try to dismiss it.

So again, YOU try harder.
Explain why the RE CANNOT have a horizon, because all logic and evidence shows you are wrong.

If you forgot about the discussion before, or want to try to hide it, remember, you have already admitted that if you look down you see ground, and if you look up you see sky.
The horizon is a direct logical consequence of that.
That is because if you start looking down at the ground, and slowly lift your head up you will eventually reach a point where the lower part of your vision has the ground/sea and the upper part will have sky, with the division between them being the horizon.

You tried to falsely claim that we wouldn't have a horizon and instead it would magically produce a blur, but you offered nothing to justify that.
Especially nothing which takes into consideration that if it was going to be caused by the air, then that would have happen in your Fantasy Earth as well.

So what magic prevents the RE from having a horizon, as we observe all round objects having a horizon.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #3704 on: March 02, 2021, 11:56:21 PM »

But that's just the thing. There's nothing for me to ruminate on what's been "said" because you haven't "said" anything yet.
Then my genuine advice to you is to concentrate on other things and cast me aside as someone who just spouts nothing.
This way you can concentrate on the stuff you want to.
Can you do that?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #3705 on: March 02, 2021, 11:58:00 PM »

Are you a real person?

That's for you to decide.
My advice to you is to treat me as a bot and stay clear. Ignore me and get on with other stuff. Can you do that?

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #3706 on: March 03, 2021, 01:05:05 AM »

But that's just the thing. There's nothing for me to ruminate on what's been "said" because you haven't "said" anything yet.

Then my genuine advice to you is to concentrate on other things and cast me aside as someone who just spouts nothing.
Can you do that?

Why won't you just simply address the situation rather than just saying it's not real without providing any information as to why other than it doesn't fit your belief system? Isn't that the whole point? I mean, like I said, why don't you just state what you believe and walk away? You obviously don't want to be challenged. Because when you are, you just say you don't believe it, period. No reason why other than you just don't. You refer to yourself as a "Flat Earth Scientist". What part of you just saying, "Uh uh, no, I don't believe it," is the science part?

So, what's the con job - The physical attributes of the actual observable experiment (not your belief system) and the result that make it a con job?

JackBlack

« Reply #3707 on: March 03, 2021, 01:55:15 AM »
Can you do that?
And this just further shows that you do spout nothing.
If you actually spouted something of significance and could actually defend your claims, you would be suggesting people go and read what you have said and pay attention, and you would have provided something of substance, like what magic prevents the RE from having a horizon, a clear separation between the object and its surroundings, in direct contrast to other round objects, or what magic prevents you seeing things above and below a level tube, when you have effectively admitted you can see above and below a level tube but you pretend it is just the object magically compressing so you can continue to pretend the ground would be impossible to see.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #3708 on: March 03, 2021, 03:49:44 AM »

Can you do that?

Why won't you just simply address the situation rather than just saying it's not real without providing any information as to why other than it doesn't fit your belief system? Isn't that the whole point? I mean, like I said, why don't you just state what you believe and walk away? You obviously don't want to be challenged. Because when you are, you just say you don't believe it, period. No reason why other than you just don't. You refer to yourself as a "Flat Earth Scientist". What part of you just saying, "Uh uh, no, I don't believe it," is the science part?

I provide plenty of answers and under a mass attack of a mix up fo questions, insults and hand waving...etc....etc.
The fact that you people just dismiss anything I say and then start crying about me not putting my side across, is your own issues.

All I see from my side is you lot  generally just copy and pasting stuff and claiming facts when you have absolutely no idea whether they are or not.
Just admit stuff and you'll gain a bit of internet respect from me.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #3709 on: March 03, 2021, 03:50:43 AM »

And this just further shows that you do spout nothing.

Ditto.

« Reply #3710 on: March 03, 2021, 04:52:20 AM »

Are you a real person?

My advice to you is to treat me as a bot and stay clear. Ignore me and get on with other stuff. Can you do that?

Nice dodging
Dodged the part where 3d simulations were provided and insyead going with more irrelevant non answers.
Draw your horizon.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #3711 on: March 03, 2021, 08:13:15 AM »

Are you a real person?

Nice dodging
Dodged the part where 3d simulations were provided and insyead going with more irrelevant non answers.
Draw your horizon.
I can't draw any horizon.
The horizon is theoretical and is only visible to each individuals eye level.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #3712 on: March 03, 2021, 08:46:19 AM »

Can you do that?

I provide plenty of answers and under a mass attack of a mix up fo questions, insults and hand waving...etc....etc.
The fact that you people just dismiss anything I say and then start crying about me not putting my side across, is your own issues.

All I see from my side is you lot  generally just copy and pasting stuff and claiming facts when you have absolutely no idea whether they are or not.

I'm not dismissing anything you say with handwaving. Ironically, that's exactly what you've been doing for pages regarding the experiments showing that the horizon does not rise to eye-level at altitude. You have yet to say what the con job is.

Why won't you just simply explain why you think it's a con job. And not because it assaults your belief system, actually what is wrong with it. You just keep going back to a diatribe about how people aren't paying attention, they're being dicks, or whatever.

What is wrong physically with the experiment? Why do you think it shows what you don't want it to show?

« Reply #3713 on: March 03, 2021, 11:55:58 AM »

Are you a real person?

Nice dodging
Draw your horizon.

Fine
Draw the dark and draw the not so dark regions.
Draw what we are seeing and how it hits peoples eyes.
Draw your model.

JackBlack

« Reply #3714 on: March 03, 2021, 01:07:19 PM »
I provide plenty of answers
Only after you change the question to avoid the question which shows you are wrong.

Where was your answer to what causes the RE to magically not have a horizon in direct contrast to basically all observed round objects?
The closest you have gotten is to try to claim that it will magically have a blur, a claim you still have not justified in anyway, and a claim refuted by the fact that we don't, clearly showing that the air would not cause a problem of seeing a blur.

Likewise, where is your answer for what magic stops the light reaching the eye from below the tube, when there is nothing to obstruct it?
Entirely absent.

Likewise where is your answer for how this "compression" of yours can allow you to see an entire tree, without also allowing you to see the ground the tree is growing out of?

So no, you don't provide plenty of answers.
You do whatever to dodge when you know an honest answer will show you are wrong.

We don't dismiss what you say.
We clearly explain why you are wrong, and why/how you aren't actually addressing what we say.
This is unlike you who just entirely dismisses what you can without justification, such as by claiming it is fake, and otherwise just entirely ignores things which clearly show you are wrong.

All I see from my side is you lot  generally just copy and pasting stuff

Why would we just "admit" stuff which is obviously false?
I have no desire for respect from you, especially if that requires discarding all logic and reasoning and just accepting whatever BS you say.

Perhaps when you can actually start addressing issues raised against your blatant lies you will start earning respect from others. Because currently your actions do not merit any respect at all and you are being given far more than are owed.

« Reply #3715 on: March 03, 2021, 01:27:30 PM »

Until you have physically watched me sitting at a keyboard copying and pasting stuff as you put it then please do not accuse me of it.  I will assume that I would be included in the 'you lot' description. As it is I don't need to copy and paste anything since I can use my own knowledge to say what I want to say. If I copy and paste anything I will also credit the author as is proper practice.  If I don't add a credit then you can take the words I post as my own.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2021, 12:22:43 AM by Solarwind »

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #3716 on: March 04, 2021, 01:09:07 AM »

I'm not dismissing anything you say with handwaving. Ironically, that's exactly what you've been doing for pages regarding the experiments showing that the horizon does not rise to eye-level at altitude. You have yet to say what the con job is.

Why won't you just simply explain why you think it's a con job. And not because it assaults your belief system, actually what is wrong with it. You just keep going back to a diatribe about how people aren't paying attention, they're being dicks, or whatever.

What is wrong physically with the experiment? Why do you think it shows what you don't want it to show?
I already did explain it and the gif you posted shows exactly how it was done, which should be pretty clear to anyone who cares to question the global dupe.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #3717 on: March 04, 2021, 01:10:34 AM »

Are you a real person?

Nice dodging
Draw your horizon.

Fine
Draw the dark and draw the not so dark regions.
Draw what we are seeing and how it hits peoples eyes.
Draw your model.
I can't. What am I drawing?

The horizon is right in front of your eyes. Go and take a look. You ask for some silly things.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #3718 on: March 04, 2021, 01:11:27 AM »

We don't dismiss what you say.
Who are you trying to kid?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #3719 on: March 04, 2021, 01:12:50 AM »

Until you have physically watched me sitting at a keyboard copying and pasting stuff as you put it then please do not accuse me of it.  I will assume that I would be included in the 'you lot' description. As it is I don't need to copy and paste anything since I can use my own knowledge to say what I want to say. If I copy and paste anything I will also credit the author as is proper practice.  If I don't add a credit then you can take the words I post as my own.
If you aren't part of it then I'm not directing at you.
If you want to believe I am, then feel free.