What would change your mind?

• 5620 Replies

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
Re: What would change your mind?
« Reply #2850 on: January 10, 2021, 03:33:48 AM »
Through this entire debate, all you have done is call me a liar, dishonest, a fake and a fraud... and have provided ZERO evidence and done ZERO work.
Stop being so dramatic.
I receive it all from your lot en masse, so pull yourself together. It's not just one way traffic.

It is one way traffic. Everyone else does all the work, you do nothing. 

Dramatic is you saying that everyone else is lying to you and trying to trick you. Over a tube.  Really.

Where are your pictures?

Quote from: JJA

I think the one in denial here is you... who can't even back up their claims about looking through a tube.
I'm fine with the basics. You are not. It seems to scare you.

What basics?  You haven't provided any.

Where are your pictures?

Quote from: JJA
If you want to feel special because you make up your own version of the world, whatever. But don't go calling others liars because you don't like being reminded of the truth.
There are no truth's coming from your end.

There isn't ANYTHING coming from your end.  My photos and truth is easily verified by anyone.

Where are your pictures?
When the heat was on, you backed away.
I'm ok with that. Just leave it at that.

I don't buy into your excuse that you couldn't find another end roll tube...but it doesn't matter now.
Never assume you're just going to be able to play little games and think I'm going to accept them without ensuring they are done properly.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #2851 on: January 10, 2021, 03:38:38 AM »

I don't buy into your excuse that you couldn't find another end roll tube...but it doesn't matter now.
Never assume you're just going to be able to play little games and think I'm going to accept them without ensuring they are done properly.

Quit making up things that I never said.

Where are your pictures of the experiment you so carefully performed?  Why won't you show them?  What are you afraid of?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #2852 on: January 10, 2021, 03:56:54 AM »

Where are your pictures of the experiment you so carefully performed?  Why won't you show them?  What are you afraid of?
If you want to carry on crying then let's do it in pm because this is becoming pointless.

Pm me if you decide to carry this on and don't get an answer from me in this topic.
If you feel you can do the experiment I set out then we can re-engage.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #2853 on: January 10, 2021, 04:30:23 AM »

If you want to carry on crying then let's do it in pm because this is becoming pointless.

Pm me if you decide to carry this on and don't get an answer from me in this topic.

So now you are running away to avoid having to explain why you won't post all the pictures and documentation of your very carefully performed experiment that proves all of us wrong? 

If you want to run away that's fine. I and others have posted plenty of actual evidence and experimental photos that stand up quite well in the total lack of anything from you.

You have spent a hundred pages issuing your demands and making claims. Surely you can handle being asked to show your own results. 

Post all the pictures that show your experiment as you have described it, and demanded from others.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #2854 on: January 10, 2021, 04:38:37 AM »

So now you are running away to avoid having to explain why you won't post all the pictures and documentation of your very carefully performed experiment that proves all of us wrong? 

If you want to run away that's fine. I and others have posted plenty of actual evidence and experimental photos that stand up quite well in the total lack of anything from you.

You have spent a hundred pages issuing your demands and making claims. Surely you can handle being asked to show your own results. 

Post all the pictures that show your experiment as you have described it, and demanded from others.
Pm me.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #2855 on: January 10, 2021, 04:44:56 AM »

Pm me.

Why won't you just post all the pictures and documentation of your own experiment as you described it. 

I accommodated you for quite a while, seems fair you post your own work now.

You are free to PM me any time you want, just as I am free to post in any thread I want.  (Unless a moderator says otherwise to either.)

« Reply #2856 on: January 10, 2021, 05:39:46 AM »
Secreacy of a private conversation?
Tha ks for sharing your knowledge with the rest of the world

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #2857 on: January 10, 2021, 07:21:07 AM »
Secreacy of a private conversation?
Tha ks for sharing your knowledge with the rest of the world
Nahhh, not really. Just saving all this whining on in the topic.

?

Jamie

• Retired
« Reply #2858 on: January 10, 2021, 08:15:28 AM »
Pm me.

No.

Please share all your documentation and evidence, the intimate details of your "experiment." Any good experiment can withstand critical scrutiny and be performed elsewhere while achieving similar/identical results.
"Conspiracy theorists actually believe in the conspiracy because that is more comforting." - Alan Moore

« Reply #2859 on: January 10, 2021, 09:02:36 AM »
Scepti..

You talk about everyone except you being 'indoctrinated' for not 'knowing' the reality like you do.  But if you do some research into the actual meaning of indoctrination you will see that historically it has been applied mostly to political or religious dictatorships.  Nazi Germany being a classic case in point.

With indoctrination there is always one clear obvious source of the indoctrination. A supreme leader if you like.  One person who is so passionate and committed to a single belief of ideology that they set conditions such as we see in communist regimes and the like.  That is what indoctrination is really about.

Mainstream science could not be further from that.  It is about a consensus of information and data which has been built up over many centuries and by many people.  So many in fact that I lose track of who can be credited with which discovery.  Just look at how and thick big a single volume of 'How's who' of science is. What remains though is that all the results of all the experiments and all the observations agree with each other and support each other.  They can be freely and openly verified by anyone.  Everything is documented.  Basically the exact opposite of anything to do with your 'model'. 

The evidence for science is just too much for your little brain to cope with. Your way of dealing with it?  Dismiss it all as claptrap and deny all of all of it.  Your 'model' is simply your way of trying to re-invent everything in a way that makes sense to you but no one else.  How can all those billions and billions of water molecules possibly stick to a 'globe' you say?  Well quite easily actually if you understand about gravity and the electromagnetic force.   

You talk about stars, planets just being 'lights in the sky'.  That's true.  They are just lights in the sky to yours and my naked eye.  But did you know that every source of light, whether it's just a dot of light in the sky or something bigger (like the Sun and Moon for instance) produces a spectrum? What is a spectrum?  Well you probably know it better as a rainbow. Now there is a LOT of information we can glean from studying that spectrum.  I mean a LOT of information.  I wouldn't expect you to understand or be interested in any of that and you will simply take on the stance of denial as you always do.  I would be fascinated to know what your explanation for the stars is.  Some sort of holographic projection or reflection no doubt. If all the stars in the sky were just some sort of reflection from a single light source off your hypothetical dome then they would all produce the same spectral line pattern when observed through a spectroscope.  Well guess what... they don't.  Far from it in fact. That's how the spectral sequence was determined.  Not by a single person but from contributions by many people.  Feel free to deny it and dismiss it all.  I'm sure you will.   But its true.  I have the equipment myself to analyse stellar spectra and I have done my own experiments and observations to prove it to myself.

You feel special because you think you know differently to everyone else.  And since your model exists only in your hypothetical and theoretical mind then you are the only one who knows about your model.  But I know a lot more about the real model that actually exists and that makes me feel even more special than you could ever imagine.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2021, 03:00:27 PM by Solarwind »

JackBlack

« Reply #2860 on: January 10, 2021, 12:27:21 PM »

I didn't ignore it because there was nothing to ignore.
Which is why you repeatedly copy and paste.
I repeatedly copy the same questions I have asked you because you continually refuse to answer them.
If you actually bothered to answer them rather than repeatedly avoiding them I wouldn't need to continually copy them.

These questions easily destroy your insane claims, which is why you refuse to answer them. You have no answer that won't show your position is pure garbage.

I will keep repeating until you answer them or stop repeating the same lies.
Once more:
You start looking straight down towards a round Earth and slowly lift your head up until you are looking straight up at the sky.
What do you see between the land/sea of Earth and the sky?
How does it visually transition?

And we know that without the tube, the blue line reaches the eye, so how does the tube stop the blue line reaching the eye (especially given that it doesn't stop the green line)?

Do you seriously think the word, converge means parallel?
When it is meant to be the convergence of parallel lines, YES.
That is the entire point of convergence, that parallel lines appear to converge.

The only one suggesting it is physical is you.

Most honest, rational people realise it is based upon vision and thus deal with angles and thus wouldn't claim anything as ridiculous as only being able to see 1 inch of an object through a 1 inch tube.

Something has to make that convergence
Which is simply distance making the angular size/angular separation smaller.

You don't need any magic air or anything of the like.
All you need is distance.

Or do you honestly think that if you were in a perfectly uniform medium, i.e. a constant density, then an object would visually appear to be the same size, regardless of distance to it?

You mean when you dismissed his evidence without any valid reason, simply because it showed you were wrong, and added in a bunch of needless complexity which just serves to make the experiment harder to carry out, regardless of if one was doing it honestly or not, clearly show your objection has no merit at all and is simply because it shows you are wrong, and thus you will continue with such objections; he didn't rush out to perform your ridiculous new set up just for you to dismiss it as fake again and throw in even more conditions.

Meanwhile, he asked for a simple set of requirements from you such that when the result is provided you would simply accept it rather than dismiss it and you refused. You always want a way out, because you have no intention of ever admitting you are wrong.

The question is if this is due to cognitive dissonance, or because you are a troll.

Pm me.
Why?
Why can't you post your evidence into this thread like plenty of people have asked?

Is it because you have no evidence?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2021, 12:29:06 PM by JackBlack »

« Reply #2861 on: January 10, 2021, 02:05:59 PM »
It starts like this.
Stand up with your tube level.
Look up your street at that height and level.
Observe the car, wall, building within that direct vision and see no road or path.

Oh. You must be in WorldCell 32C.  Yeah, I heard the lighting is all messed up there, it’s bending all over the place in ways it shouldn’t. They should hopefully fix it soon.  Also, just so you know, the gravity is off over there so they cranked up the AC to just blow things down to the ground.

We are all in the next cell over, 32B, just through the dome.  Light is working right here, so roads and paths are definitely visible when viewed through cardboard tubes! 

Good luck over there! 

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #2862 on: January 10, 2021, 02:08:27 PM »
It starts like this.
Observe the car, wall, building within that direct vision and see no road or path.

Oh. You must be in WorldCell 32C.  Yeah, I heard the lighting is all messed up there, it’s bending all over the place in ways it shouldn’t. They should hopefully fix it soon.  Also, just so you know, the gravity is off over there so they cranked up the AC to just blow things down to the ground.

We are all in the next cell over, 32B, just through the dome.  Light is working right here, so roads and paths are definitely visible when viewed through cardboard tubes! 

Good luck over there!

To be honest that sounds like a much more fun universe than ours.  I wonder if they got stuck with the crappy slow light speed limit we have here or if it's faster, or maybe even instantaneous.  That would be cool.

Where can I get a ticket to visit?

JackBlack

« Reply #2863 on: January 10, 2021, 04:56:58 PM »
It starts like this.

Good luck over there!

To be honest that sounds like a much more fun universe than ours.  I wonder if they got stuck with the crappy slow light speed limit we have here or if it's faster, or maybe even instantaneous.  That would be cool.

Where can I get a ticket to visit?
I think a FE in general would be cool (especially if infinite), or even better, multiple stacked FEs, assuming there is some way to travel between.
No need to worry about all this time zone nonsense which is such a pain.
No need with all these map distortions and figuring out which way is which.
No need for fancy calculations to determine where to point a satellite, or to calculate distance and direction between 2 points.
The same stars for everyone.
Lots of things would be so much simpler.

« Reply #2864 on: January 10, 2021, 05:10:58 PM »
... do this experiment and see for yourself what I'm saying.
Ok, enough dilly-dallying, let's cut to the chase.

What camera do I need to use?
Any camera you want to use as long as it can show the set up and direct through the crosshairs.
And what should I make the crosshairs of the tubes out of?

JackBlack

« Reply #2865 on: January 10, 2021, 05:35:52 PM »
... do this experiment and see for yourself what I'm saying.
Ok, enough dilly-dallying, let's cut to the chase.

What camera do I need to use?
Any camera you want to use as long as it can show the set up and direct through the crosshairs.
And what should I make the crosshairs of the tubes out of?
I'm assuming he would want something hefty. Maybe 2 by 4s?

« Reply #2866 on: January 10, 2021, 11:29:21 PM »
Sceptimatic, anything in these two youtube videos below, by Professor Dave, that would change your mind?

" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">

" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">

** Sceptimatic, see if point 10 in the first video sounds familiar to anybody you know.

NOTE: These two videos are that damn good, I considered giving them their own threads but considered that to be just too darn cruel.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2021, 11:36:38 PM by Smoke Machine »

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #2867 on: January 10, 2021, 11:32:29 PM »
Scepti..

You talk about everyone except you being 'indoctrinated' for not 'knowing' the reality like you do.  But if you do some research into the actual meaning of indoctrination you will see that historically it has been applied mostly to political or religious dictatorships.  Nazi Germany being a classic case in point.

With indoctrination there is always one clear obvious source of the indoctrination. A supreme leader if you like.  One person who is so passionate and committed to a single belief of ideology that they set conditions such as we see in communist regimes and the like.  That is what indoctrination is really about.

Mainstream science could not be further from that.  It is about a consensus of information and data which has been built up over many centuries and by many people.  So many in fact that I lose track of who can be credited with which discovery.  Just look at how and thick big a single volume of 'How's who' of science is. What remains though is that all the results of all the experiments and all the observations agree with each other and support each other.  They can be freely and openly verified by anyone.  Everything is documented.  Basically the exact opposite of anything to do with your 'model'. 

The evidence for science is just too much for your little brain to cope with. Your way of dealing with it?  Dismiss it all as claptrap and deny all of all of it.  Your 'model' is simply your way of trying to re-invent everything in a way that makes sense to you but no one else.  How can all those billions and billions of water molecules possibly stick to a 'globe' you say?  Well quite easily actually if you understand about gravity and the electromagnetic force.   

You talk about stars, planets just being 'lights in the sky'.  That's true.  They are just lights in the sky to yours and my naked eye.  But did you know that every source of light, whether it's just a dot of light in the sky or something bigger (like the Sun and Moon for instance) produces a spectrum? What is a spectrum?  Well you probably know it better as a rainbow. Now there is a LOT of information we can glean from studying that spectrum.  I mean a LOT of information.  I wouldn't expect you to understand or be interested in any of that and you will simply take on the stance of denial as you always do.  I would be fascinated to know what your explanation for the stars is.  Some sort of holographic projection or reflection no doubt. If all the stars in the sky were just some sort of reflection from a single light source off your hypothetical dome then they would all produce the same spectral line pattern when observed through a spectroscope.  Well guess what... they don't.  Far from it in fact. That's how the spectral sequence was determined.  Not by a single person but from contributions by many people.  Feel free to deny it and dismiss it all.  I'm sure you will.   But its true.  I have the equipment myself to analyse stellar spectra and I have done my own experiments and observations to prove it to myself.

You feel special because you think you know differently to everyone else.  And since your model exists only in your hypothetical and theoretical mind then you are the only one who knows about your model.  But I know a lot more about the real model that actually exists and that makes me feel even more special than you could ever imagine.
Let's start with your stars and their rainbows.
Light years away and we are told we see that light as it was millions of years ago, through a vacuum of space.
We see those stars because they make our own sun look like a glowing ember, sort of thing.
This is the utter nonsense we get told.

So tell me something and let's deal with it bit by bit.

You see the light through your scope and whatever set up you have. You see a spectrum of colours and it let's you determine what the star is because you're looking back in time and that back in time is hitting your eyes, where the real time is at the actual star millions of years ago.

So tell me this. How are you seeing a spectrum of colour through a vacuum and also, how are you managing to see dots of light from something that has not obstruction from it's light back to your eyes.

Let me make this clear.

If someone shone a torch at your face from  50 feet away, you would see a small light but that light would engulf you and quite a wide area around you.
Why doesn't each star follow that suit?

Make the explanation as basic as possible because you're not getting out of this so easily.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #2868 on: January 10, 2021, 11:44:09 PM »

I repeatedly copy the same questions I have asked you because you continually refuse to answer them.

Wrong and you're only wasting your own time doing this.

« Reply #2869 on: January 11, 2021, 12:03:33 AM »

Skip back two posts to my post, sit back with your tall glass of kool aid, and enjoy the videos. :)

JackBlack

« Reply #2870 on: January 11, 2021, 12:24:45 AM »
You are the one wasting time by repeatedly ignoring them/avoiding them.
If you had actually answered them you would be able to do so again, or link to where you did before.
But we both know you never answered them as any honest answer would show your claims to be pure garbage.

So I will continue asking:
You start looking straight down towards a round Earth and slowly lift your head up until you are looking straight up at the sky.

We know that without the tube, the blue line reaches the eye, so how does the tube stop the blue line reaching the eye (especially given that it doesn't stop the green line)?

Figured out an answer yet?

Let's start with your stars and their rainbows.
Light years away and we are told we see that light as it was millions of years ago, through a vacuum of space.
We see those stars because they make our own sun look like a glowing ember, sort of thing.
This is the utter nonsense we get told.
You mean that is something you don't like and dismiss as nonsense.

How are you seeing a spectrum of colour through a vacuum
If you are just looking through a simple scope, you see the light, of all colours, as nothing stops it.
If you want to see the spectrum as a separated spectrum, you will need something to split the colours up based upon wavelength.
Just what do you think the issue is?

how are you managing to see dots of light from something that has not obstruction from it's light back to your eyes.
By looking towards it. Not difficult to understand.

If someone shone a torch at your face from  50 feet away, you would see a small light but that light would engulf you and quite a wide area around you.
Why doesn't each star follow that suit?
Because a torch that does that, at that distance is much much brighter than a star, and torches typically have a lens or mirror to focus the light.
You can easily try it with different lights and see how as you change the intensity, the effects change.

For example, try it with a faint LED 50 feet away, see what happens.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #2871 on: January 11, 2021, 02:47:47 AM »

Skip back two posts to my post, sit back with your tall glass of kool aid, and enjoy the videos. :)
I have. It's just the usual junk.
And to think you gave me a load of bull about you questioning things.
Keep trying, though.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #2872 on: January 11, 2021, 02:48:53 AM »

You are the one wasting time

I am wasting some of my time with answers to your posts but generally I'm fine with what I use my time for.

JackBlack

« Reply #2873 on: January 11, 2021, 03:04:56 AM »
I am wasting some of my time with answers to your posts but generally I'm fine with what I use my time for.
That's a blatant lie and you know it.
You refuse to answer because you know it will show you are wrong.

Again, if you actually had answers you would have provided them rather than continually ignoring/avoiding the question.
Again, you start looking straight down towards a round Earth and slowly lift your head up until you are looking straight up at the sky.

We know that without the tube, the blue line reaches the eye, so how does the tube stop the blue line reaching the eye (especially given that it doesn't stop the green line)?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #2874 on: January 11, 2021, 03:12:05 AM »

That's a blatant lie and you know it.

No it's not.

« Reply #2875 on: January 11, 2021, 03:12:48 AM »

I have. It's just the usual junk.
And to think you gave me a load of bull about you questioning things.
Keep trying, though.

Well, I am questioning the intrgrity of a person who can argue so much in favor of a flat earth, yet, the best model he can come up with, is a curvy earth. I'm also questioning how much LSD you had in your kool aid while you watched those two videos. Not your usual amount.

You didn't watch the videos, did you?

I was going to let you get to your 100 pages untraumatised, but I've changed my mind. I am going to lock you into a few beliefs, and then I'm going to crush those beliefs.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #2876 on: January 11, 2021, 03:15:44 AM »

You didn't watch the videos, did you?

Yep. Just junk, like I said earlier.

Quote from: Smoke Machine
I was going to let you get to your 100 pages untraumatised, but I've changed my mind. I am going to lock you into a few beliefs, and then I'm going to crush those beliefs.
Let's go, because you've done a pee poor job, so far.

rvlvr

« Reply #2877 on: January 11, 2021, 04:13:31 AM »
Sceptimatic, why can't you answer the question regarding the blue line in this picture?

I find it interesting you do not seem to think it is possible for it to reach the eye(s).

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #2878 on: January 11, 2021, 04:22:06 AM »
Sceptimatic, why can't you answer the question regarding the blue line in this picture?

I find it interesting you do not seem to think it is possible for it to reach the eye(s).
No. I said it's impossible for it to reach the eye when looking through a tube that is levelled.

I made it clear enough.

« Reply #2879 on: January 11, 2021, 05:04:29 AM »
Straight lines are straight lines.
Take your head.
Level it.
Look at the pciture.
Tilt your head slightly.
What changed?
Doss the picture care your head isnt screwed on straight?

« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 05:45:40 AM by Themightykabool »