What would change your mind?

• 5620 Replies
Re: What would change your mind?
« Reply #2730 on: January 06, 2021, 09:26:11 AM »
How can I answer something which is nonsensical?
A dip?
You're talking about your globe. What the hell is a dip on your globe?
That was already explained to you. It isn't nonsense at all.
You are just dismissing it as such to ignore reality.

Once more, it is the dip is the angle from eye-level, to the horizon, which is observed to be below eye level.

Does that image make it clear?

Just what is so difficult to understand?

It's not difficult to understand, it just doesn't make any sense because there's no level sight, meaning there is an angled view, no matter which way you dress it up.
And also there's not a hope in hell that you would be angling a view and skimming the edge of a supposed globe to get your horizon, so the explanation is bogus.

The dip is fictional. It's simply an angle from whichever elevated vantage point is taken.

The circle is not to scale.
The circle is much much bigger.

Try and acknowledge it before you jump to conclusions.

You know
How you hypcritically have done while insisting we re not acknowledging (though we are) your denP.
I know the circle is not to scale so don't try and use if to convince me of a so called dip.
You're using it as if you see an edge to your circle and using this as real life on your supposed globe,
Like I said earlier. It's a theoretical horizon, not a skim over a supposed globe as some kind of edging.

I'm sure you're not really struggling.

maybe you could answer this.
using the round earth theory, staying in the theory whether it be true or not, when seeing past the "edge" of the circle, what's left to see? - sky!
the sky is what you would expect to see.
is that a fair statement or not, strictly within the round earth theory.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #2731 on: January 06, 2021, 09:41:53 AM »
The horison does not always rise to eye level. It is always at eye level.
No rising or falling. It is exactly at eye level.

But youve agreed that peoples height of eye level can change.
So he horizon must be moving with them for some reason.
Or youre wrong.
Which is it?

If its moving
Why is it moving or perceived to move?

The horizon will only move if the person  changes elevation. You've been told this, so how are you struggling?

i see you've removed your quote so i'll put it back in there and better highlight it so all can see your contradiction.

if the person moves, the eye level moves, therefore the horizon is moving.
if hte horizon is not really moving, then it is perceived to move.
why is there a perceived movement?
I haven't removed any quote and you know this.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #2732 on: January 06, 2021, 09:44:41 AM »

just struggling to figure out why you're purposfully ignoring the points brought to you.

Don't bother trying to copy JackBlack.
I'm not ignoring anything.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #2733 on: January 06, 2021, 09:46:53 AM »

i understand that a plumb line measures vertical alignment.
which is why i said several times now - VERTICAL ALIGNMENT.
which is NOT a necessary requirement for your LEVEL HORIZONTAL ALIGNMENT.
do you know what a vertical plumb line checks for?
so again, what is the point of the plumb line except an attempt to make JJA look more like a crazy person to his neighbours.
you might as well have requested he also wear a hat, with a feather, while drinking a single plum floating in perfume served in a mans hat.
it serves no purpose.

unless you know what your purpose was?
care to reitierate the reason for the experiment?

Do you see my plumb line has a cross, making a a vertically plumb and level crosshair?

Have a close look. Take 5 minutes to look before you type and take your time in typing, as well.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #2734 on: January 06, 2021, 09:52:09 AM »
using the round earth theory, staying in the theory whether it be true or not, when seeing past the "edge" of the circle, what's left to see? - sky!
Nope.
You're massively neglecting the very thing that creates the horizon, which is atmospheric convergence of light to the eye and has no bearing on any lines of any sort.
Your globe would offer nothing more than sky on a level and nothing more than ground on a downward angle.

Of course you can have a basketball on a table top and look at the diameter against a background but your globe would not offer you this because you would be on it, not looking at it as if it was separate from your view.
Your background would be sky if you were stood on a globe in the scenario you think you're in.

The globe is absolute utter nonsense.

« Reply #2735 on: January 06, 2021, 10:14:12 AM »

Or youre wrong.
Which is it?

If its moving

The horizon will only move if the person  changes elevation. You've been told this, so how are you struggling?

i see you've removed your quote so i'll put it back in there and better highlight it so all can see your contradiction.

sure
regardless of delete vs not delete then

answer the question still.

« Reply #2736 on: January 06, 2021, 10:18:41 AM »

just struggling to figure out why you're purposfully ignoring the points brought to you.

then address them instead of this bullshit semantics

« Reply #2737 on: January 06, 2021, 10:24:42 AM »
Nope.
You're massively neglecting the very thing that creates the horizon, which is atmospheric convergence of light to the eye and has no bearing on any lines of any sort.
Your globe would offer nothing more than sky on a level and nothing more than ground on a downward angle.

Of course you can have a basketball on a table top and look at the diameter against a background but your globe would not offer you this because you would be on it, not looking at it as if it was separate from your view.
Your background would be sky if you were stood on a globe in the scenario you think you're in.

no
the questions was to remain within the scope of a globe earth as per the model.
you're saying the model doesn't work.
why not?, as it is shown to not be impossible in its own context.
your claim is one would NOT - see water then distinctly not see water as the ball earth dips away.
however, the diagram shows you would see water, and then distinctly not see it.
so somewhere the diagram or your understanding of the english language is not correct.
"FIELD OF VIEW".
you claim to understand yet every statement following you continue to beileve people see in 1dimension and only along the straight level line, and that people are incapable of looking down, or seeing anything that is down.

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/3aa92156-d16d-4c54-9ae4-be494fa13ec1

if you want introduce denP, then separately provide your own diagram of this converging light reflection and show this is a superior model - which you haven't and continue to deflect and dodge.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2021, 10:29:31 AM by Themightykabool »

« Reply #2738 on: January 06, 2021, 10:26:42 AM »

so again, what is the point of the plumb line except an attempt to make JJA look more like a crazy person to his neighbours.
you might as well have requested he also wear a hat, with a feather, while drinking a single plum floating in perfume served in a mans hat.
it serves no purpose.

Do you see my plumb line has a cross, making a a vertically plumb and level crosshair?

Have a close look. Take 5 minutes to look before you type and take your time in typing, as well.

FFS
yes you put a fucktard cross on there.
it does nothing as a vertical plumb line aligns vertically!

if you want a horizontal level, add a horizontal bubble float level.

take your own 5mins and ask how a vertically hung string is going to achieve your horizontal level.

POS.

« Reply #2739 on: January 06, 2021, 01:05:14 PM »
Nope.

https://i.redd.it/d4e9grcsjxh21.jpg

a basket ball on a table where the "sky" is clearly distinct theoretically in line with the ball.
utter nonsense this very easily provable claim you chose to want to contest.

« Reply #2740 on: January 06, 2021, 01:06:06 PM »

Note that he appears to be trying to set it up with ridiculous extra lengths so the FOV is tiny to try to make the ground no longer visible.a

If you were to use tubes that were 1 inch in diameter, with a length of 2 feet (similar to JJA), with his 5 feet between the tubes and his extra 2 feet away from it, that gives you a total distance of 11 ft, assuming you are standing basically right at the plumbob. This gives a FOV of roughly 0.4 degrees.
  I believe we're still at 1.75 inch tubes, unless he's changed the parameters again.

« Reply #2741 on: January 06, 2021, 01:16:08 PM »
Are you saying 5 sets of crosshairs can only align in a straight line along a 'level' line of sight, and cannot be aligned at any up or down angle other than level?

So what stops that blue line?

JackBlack

« Reply #2742 on: January 06, 2021, 01:18:23 PM »
And yet again you ignore the extremely simple question that shows beyond any doubt you are wrong.
This shows just how effective this question is at destroying your BS.

Once more:
You start looking straight down towards a round Earth and slowly lift your head up until you are looking straight up at the sky.
What do you see between the land/sea of Earth and the sky?
How does it visually transition?

Until you have an answer, this confirms the RE does have a horizon and you claiming it doesn't is wilful rejection of reality.

Nope. As long as the set up in the diagram is adhered to.
Again, how does the extra tube, and the vertical plumb in any way help establish that the setup is level?
Why do you need all the extra distance?

The plumb line ensures that the two tubes cannot be set up without level.
No, it doesn't, because it is vertical.
Do you understand the difference between vertical and horizontal?
Even if you attach a crosshair to it, that gives you alignment left to right, not front to back.

Again, it is just another needless complication that solves nothing.

If you want something to actually confirm level, then like has already been suggested and provided, use water.
You want a rectangle made of tubes, partially filled with water, where the water is free to flow around the rectangle.
Then hold it up so that 2 of the tubes are vertical, and the water will self-level. That applies even if the tubes are at an angle, the water will still self-level.

Yep, people have a field of view. They also have a tunnel vision filed of view, which is what we're dealing with, which you're struggling to understand.
No, with this diagram and line of inquiry we are dealing with the measured angle of dip to the horizon. Which you're struggling to understand.

Again, do you accept that there is a difference in angle between the purple and grey lines? If so, THAT IS YOUR DIP!
If not, then considering they cross, why aren't they the same line?
Just what is so hard to understand?

But you do also seem to fail to understand tunnel vision as well. Even with tunnel vision, your FOV is not 0.

You sure seem to be.
You repeatedly ignore the simple question that shows beyond any doubt that the RE must have a horizon.
Likewise you ignored the simple logical argument that shows not only does the RE have a horizon, for simple observations close to sea-level it will appear to be at roughly eye-level, and easily appear through a level tube/scope.
Likewise you repeatedly ignore a simple question with a diagram to show you don't get magic tunnel vision where you magically only see 1 inch of any object.
Likewise you ignore the to-scale diagram showing how even through a small tube you can see the ground, relatively close and thus it wouldn't magically prevent you from seeing it.
Likewise you repeatedly ignore how all your nonsense demands are doing is needlessly complicating the setup and adding extra length, while in no way ensuring that the setup is level, and thus is just a pathetic excuse to dismiss the evidence showing you are wrong.
Likewise you repeatedly ignore a simple explanation of why your strawman of water on a ball on a ball in no way refutes the RE.
Likewise you repeatedly ignore the diagram and explanation of how your non-flat Earth cannot have the oceans match what is observed in reality with a flat water level.
Likewise you repeatedly ignore how level water proves the globe.
Likewise you are now ignoring the explanation of dip on the globe and instead pretending it makes no sense at all.

The question really shouldn't be what are you ignoring, it should be what aren't you ignoring.
And that is quite simple, things which are not directly related to the topic, as they don't show you are wrong, they just show how dishonest you are.

You're massively neglecting the very thing that creates the horizon
And that is another thing you are ignoring, the very thing that creates the horizon.
Once more, as we know it does not vary depending on optics, it has absolutely nothing to do with resolution.
As we can produce a clear image of it (rather than only ever getting blurry images), we know it has nothing to do with limited visibility through the atmosphere.
As it is only a finite distance away, we know it has nothing to do with perspective.

The only adequate explanation of the horizon (i.e. an explanation which actually works to explain what causes it) is that Earth is round, and the horizon is the point where your line of sight is tangent to it.

This also explains why the bottom of distant objects are obscured and the object appears to have sunk. Because the curvature continues past the horizon and thus an object further away than the horizon has its base at an angle below the horizon.
If it was the atmosphere obscuring the view, you would have a blurry region rather than a clear horizon, and the bottom of the object (falsely assuming Earth is flat) would be in that region of blurriness.
If it was just perspective, the bottom would still be clearly visible, just as well resolved as the top.

As clearly shown by the diagram you chose to ignore, the fact that the globe has a DIP means you can look down and still see sky. You would only see only ground when your FOV doesn't include the horizon and instead is entirely below it.
And likewise, by another diagram you chose to ignore, the ability to see ground through a level FOV depends upon the size of that FOV, the radius of Earth, and your elevation above Earth.

But if we completely ignore reality and just accept your factually incorrect statements, you have a big problem. It is self contradictory with any FOV greater than 0.
Time for another diagram for you to ignore:

This shows 2 FOVs.
The one shown with black boundaries is a perfectly level FOV.
The one shown in grey is a FOV on a downwards angle.
The region shown in blue is only included in the level FOV, and thus you only see sky.
The region shown in green is only included in the downwards FOV, and thus you only see ground.
But what about the red region? It is included in both FOVs.
So do you only see sky, making your statement that you only see ground through a downwards FOV false?
Or do you only see ground, making your statement that you only see sky through a level FOV false?
Or do you see both ground and sky, making both of those statements of yours false?

And before you object to their size, it doesn't matter.
A level FOV, which is not 0, will ALWAYS include some portion looking below level.
This can be included in a downwards FOV.
If you just ignore the top section of the level FOV, that gives a downwards FOV.

The only way to not have anything below level in a level FOV is for that FOV to have a size of 0.

No, only your pathetic denial of it.

JackBlack

« Reply #2743 on: January 06, 2021, 02:34:15 PM »
I believe we're still at 1.75 inch tubes, unless he's changed the parameters again.
That would increase the FOV to 0.76 degrees. Still quite small.
And that is still assuming you take the picture right at the crosshairs.

The other big issue I have realised is that the crosshairs could end up taking up a large portion of the FOV.
You would need something rigid for the horizontal part of the plumbob.
Assuming you use a rod that is 1/10th of an inch in diameter, and you view it from 1 foot away (so the total FOV is now down to ~0.7 degrees), that rod is already taking up 0.47 degrees of the FOV, leaving roughly 0.1 degree on either side.
Even a 1 mm thick piece of twin would take up 0.19 degrees.

And that means you aren't going to likely see the cross hairs at the other end. In order to do so you will end up with nothing but crosshairs.

« Reply #2744 on: January 06, 2021, 03:22:42 PM »
But the point of this all?

It was to see 1 inch and not see ground.
Well whoopty doo
How does that disprove the ball horizon?
He refuses to restate the point or address anything for 10pg now.
He refuses to teach us his secret info yet tells us to "think more".

Or
Maybe the point just to have 5 monkeys debating a stupid experiment

« Reply #2745 on: January 06, 2021, 09:29:06 PM »
I can't believe sceptimatic tells people to repeat his experiment that makes anybody who conducts it, look like a total fool, and people repeat it. It makes one wonder who the real idiots are in this thread.

If sceptimatic told you all to make yourselves goggles filled with special blue dye, that would allow you all to see into the spirit world, I think you would all do it.

Sceptimatic should be praised for the number of people he has pranked to look through toilet tubes, especially out in public.

Seriously, if he can get you all looking through toilet tubes, what will he have you all doing next? Do I need to purchase a kaleidoscope for the next experiment, sceptimatic, or will drinking a bottle of whiskey beforehand, suffice?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #2746 on: January 06, 2021, 10:02:00 PM »

Or youre wrong.
Which is it?

If its moving

sure

Nothing's been deleted but it's better for you to pretend in order to make it look like I'm deflecting, Mr dishonest.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #2747 on: January 06, 2021, 10:02:41 PM »

then address them instead of this bullshit semantics
All addressed.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #2748 on: January 06, 2021, 10:06:19 PM »

you claim to understand yet every statement following you continue to beileve people see in 1dimension

You're making out one dimension to what I'm saying. I'm giving out nothing of the sort.
Tunnel vision is not one dimensional.
I've already mentioned a compressed FOV, so what's the issue?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #2749 on: January 06, 2021, 10:09:14 PM »

it serves no purpose.

FFS

take your own 5mins and ask how a vertically hung string is going to achieve your horizontal level.

POS.
It's not about the vertical string. That's merely a plumb line in its own right with an added balanced pencil/rod/stick with equal mass on each end to level balance to make a perfect crosshair point in which to use to line up with the other two on the tube ends.

Put your brain to work.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #2750 on: January 06, 2021, 10:12:39 PM »
Are you saying 5 sets of crosshairs can only align in a straight line along a 'level' line of sight, and cannot be aligned at any up or down angle other than level?

Do the experiment or don't. No need for further instruction.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #2751 on: January 06, 2021, 10:16:50 PM »
I can't believe sceptimatic tells people to repeat his experiment that makes anybody who conducts it, look like a total fool, and people repeat it. It makes one wonder who the real idiots are in this thread.

If sceptimatic told you all to make yourselves goggles filled with special blue dye, that would allow you all to see into the spirit world, I think you would all do it.

Sceptimatic should be praised for the number of people he has pranked to look through toilet tubes, especially out in public.

Seriously, if he can get you all looking through toilet tubes, what will he have you all doing next? Do I need to purchase a kaleidoscope for the next experiment, sceptimatic, or will drinking a bottle of whiskey beforehand, suffice?
Doing the experiment for yourself without the aid of alcohol, would suffice.
I have to admit I did laugh at the bold.  ;D

« Reply #2752 on: January 06, 2021, 10:48:22 PM »

Or youre wrong.
Which is it?

If its moving

sure

Nothing's been deleted but it's better for you to pretend in order to make it look like I'm deflecting, Mr dishonest.

This was the question (one of many that remain unaddressed)

« Reply #2753 on: January 06, 2021, 10:50:05 PM »

you claim to understand yet every statement following you continue to beileve people see in 1dimension

You're making out one dimension to what I'm saying. I'm giving out nothing of the sort.

Fine then, you finally admit and reveal new info.
And from waht you say, your tunnel vision exoeriment does not invalidate the ball earth.
As per jckB diagram if all you were able to see is a near zero field of view you wiuld be looking out to sky.
So your experiment is pointless and proves nothing.

« Reply #2754 on: January 06, 2021, 10:53:29 PM »

it serves no purpose.

FFS

POS.
It's not about the vertical string. That's merely a plumb line in its own right with an added balanced pencil/rod/stick with equal mass on each end to level balance to make a perfect crosshair point in which to use to line up with the other two on the tube ends.

Put your brain to work.

Again
That doesnt level it with the items in front.

There are three axis of rotation.
Vertical horizontal and tilt.
Your plumb line with balancing pencil solves vert and tilt, not horizontal.

Keep failing at the most basic, nonround earth concepts.
Should we trust you with the shape of the world when you cant even comprehend simple things?

« Reply #2755 on: January 06, 2021, 10:54:55 PM »

No need to do an experiment that has no point.
Unless sceppy has new info to reveal.

Keep dodging
Almost at 100pg.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #2756 on: January 06, 2021, 11:04:42 PM »

Or youre wrong.
Which is it?

If its moving

sure

This was the question (one of many that remain unaddressed)

Let me make this clear seeing as you want to change things up.

If you look out to sea, you see YOUR theoretical horizon line.
If the person next to you who is the same eye height, doing the same as you, he/she will see their own horizon (theoretical) line, which will be as near exact to what you see (assuming equal vision).
If you then decide to stand on the shoulders of the person next to you, then your horizon changes. You see farther to your horizon than the other person (assuming equal starting vision).

All you've done is changed your vantage point but the both of you now do not see the near exact horizon.
The higher you go the more distant horizon you see.

Why is this difficult for you to grasp?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #2757 on: January 06, 2021, 11:07:04 PM »

Fine then, you finally admit and reveal new info.
And from waht you say, your tunnel vision exoeriment does not invalidate the ball earth.
As per jckB diagram if all you were able to see is a near zero field of view you wiuld be looking out to sky.
So your experiment is pointless and proves nothing.
My experiment proves you do not see a downward curving horizon, meaning your Earth is absolutely 100% NOT the globe you think we walk upon.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #2758 on: January 06, 2021, 11:08:33 PM »

Again
That doesnt level it with the items in front.

There are three axis of rotation.
Vertical horizontal and tilt.
Your plumb line with balancing pencil solves vert and tilt, not horizontal.

Keep failing at the most basic, nonround earth concepts.
Should we trust you with the shape of the world when you cant even comprehend simple things?
Engage your brain.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #2759 on: January 06, 2021, 11:11:47 PM »

No need to do an experiment that has no point.
Unless sceppy has new info to reveal.

Keep dodging
Almost at 100pg.
There's no point to anything that goes against a globe, with you people. That's nothing new to me and people like you have no wish to question that narrative you were set up with from the cradle to present.
I get it but only you can alter your own mindset, if you choose to step outside of the box.