What would change your mind?

• 5620 Replies

JackBlack

Re: What would change your mind?
« Reply #2700 on: January 05, 2021, 09:55:29 PM »
Yeah, call it off. Tell your team it's a no go, captain.
Well, as long as you can admit you are not willing to engage in any form of rational discussion or debate and will just cling to your fantasies?

Because that seems to be the no-go, getting you to honestly and rationally engage.

You do not get to set up a tube....LEVEL on a gradient like you show and be able to see down it as if you've somehow tilted your tube to look down that gradient.
No, but you can see down through the non-0 FOV of the tube.
Unless you have an answer to what magic stops the blue line from reaching the eye:

The fact that there is nothing to stop the blue-line from reaching the eye means you don't need to have the tube tilted down to see the ground.

Again, your objection is nothing more than he has clearly shown you to be wrong.

Don't be a hypocrite.
I'm not. I have provided you with rational arguments and simple questions which show beyond any doubt that you are wrong, and you continue to ignore them.
Likewise, I'm not the one just dismissing evidence and insulting people.
That would be you.

How can I answer something which is nonsensical?
A dip?
You're talking about your globe. What the hell is a dip on your globe?
That was already explained to you. It isn't nonsense at all.
You are just dismissing it as such to ignore reality.

Once more, it is the dip is the angle from eye-level, to the horizon, which is observed to be below eye level.

Does that image make it clear?

Just what is so difficult to understand?
It's not difficult to understand, it just doesn't make any sense because there's no level sight, meaning there is an angled view, no matter which way you dress it up.
So you know it makes perfect sense and are just lying?
You don't need a level sight, but again, all sights have some FOV and thus you can still see down.
The entire point is that angle. Do you understand that?

Do you understand that the purple line and grey line are not the same? Do you understand that they are separated by an angle?
That is if you had a scope that looked perfectly along the grey line (aligned with the cross hairs), in order to make it look along the purple line, again aligned with the crosshairs, you need to change the angle? That angle you need to change it by is the dip.

Just what isn't making sense about it? Not about your strawman and deflection, but about that angle of dip?

And also there's not a hope in hell that you would be angling a view and skimming the edge of a supposed globe to get your horizon
And more pathetic lies from you.
Just what stops it?
Again, do you think round objects magically don't have edges? We can do it with other balls, so why shouldn't we be able to do it with Earth?

Again, this relates to the extremely simple question and argument you have been avoiding right from the start:
You start looking straight down towards Earth and slowly lift your head up until you are looking straight up at the sky.
What do you see between the land/sea of Earth and the sky?
How does it visually transition?

There's the diagram. If you want to follow it then do so.
And if he does and takes the photo will you simply admit you are wrong? Or will you continue to come up with pathetic excuses to dismiss it?

And you still ignore the simple arguments that show you are wrong.
Again, your completely non-flat Earth has no chance of matching the known regions of water/ocean on the real Earth with flat water.
A simple example is here (which as clearly established by the CSS rules of the site DOES FIT THE PAGE (so you saying/implying it doesn't is you just lying to get out of dealing with being wrong)):

This clearly shows how flat water would completely submerge the lower portions of Earth while leaving the top portions dry.
Moving it around wont help. Making it higher will result in more land being covered. Moving it lower will result in more ocean being made dry.
Even tilting it wont help, for example, you could try to tilt it to get most of the US having the correct coastline (or at least approximately), but then Aouth America would be dry, and Europe and Asia and Africa would be submerged.
The only way to try to have it match is if the water level curves to follow your non-flat Earth.

And again, you ignore the simple explanation of why your pathetic tiny ball sitting on a ball with some water on it in no way refutes the RE
Once more, Earth is not some small ball sitting on top of a much larger ball.
It is a massive ball in free fall outside the Roche limit of any more massive object.

If it is in free fall and inside the Roche limit of a much more massive object then, at the surface of the ball, the tidal acceleration towards that much more massive object (the gravitational acceleration towards the object at the surface of the ball, minus the gravitational attraction at the centre of mass of the ball) is larger than the gravitational attraction to the ball, and thus the water will pull away from the ball.

If it is not in free fall, then instead of dealing with the tidal force, you need to deal with the entire gravitational attraction, and if the much more massive object is close enough, then the gravitational attraction to it is greater than the gravitational attraction to the ball and again the water will pull away from the ball towards the much more massive object.

Going to grow up and start addressing any of it honestly?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #2701 on: January 05, 2021, 10:17:42 PM »

Going to grow up and start addressing any of it honestly?
I'm addressing it all as honestly as I believe.
Why don't you start.

JackBlack

« Reply #2702 on: January 05, 2021, 10:44:36 PM »
And even that is a blatant lie.

The simple fact that you continue to ignore simple questions and make pathetic excuses which don't hold up to any scrutiny shows that you are not addressing it honestly.

You can't even answer a simple question because you know it would show your claims to be outright lies.

If you wish to disagree, why not start by answering it?
You start looking straight down towards a round Earth and slowly lift your head up until you are looking straight up at the sky.

Anything other than a direct simple answer to this question shows that you are not addressing it all honestly.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #2703 on: January 05, 2021, 10:49:38 PM »

JackBlack

« Reply #2704 on: January 05, 2021, 11:18:10 PM »
And there you go confirming it.
No attempt at all to engage with the simple question which destroys your claim. Instead you just ignore everything you don't like.

Or were you just trying to point out that I misread it.
With that you never said that you were addressing it honestly, instead you said you were addressing it as honestly as you believe. So if you don't believe honestly then you don't address it honestly.
Is that interpretation correct?
You aren't addressing it honestly, because you aren't believing honestly? Because you know the FE is a load of garbage and all the evidence clearly shows that Earth is round?

Like I said, grow up and start dealing with the fact that you are wrong.

Once more:
You start looking straight down towards a round Earth and slowly lift your head up until you are looking straight up at the sky.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #2705 on: January 05, 2021, 11:36:46 PM »

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #2706 on: January 06, 2021, 12:44:08 AM »

So... your reason for saying my picture is fake is you don't believe the results?  Lets take a moment to process this.

You simply believe that my results are IMPOSSIBLE... so why should I bother doing any more experiments since you are very clearly saying you will just outright reject them.

This bears repeating. You reason for dismissing my results is that they conflict with your BELIEFS so must be fake. You are not operating from a place of reason here, you are outright admitting you will just reject any facts if they don't fir your ideas.

And you wonder why people stop jumping through hoops to try and show you how reality works.

You also still haven't explained how I "duped it".  What exactly am I doing to fake things?  You're claiming the tube isn't level?  Prove it. 

You literally can NOT have ever done this experiment if you think what I am showing isn't reality. It is. Go outside, take 5 minutes and do it yourself.

If you can't post your own version and show where I am trying to "dupe you", stop accusing me of lying.
Give yourself a few seconds to process what I've said.
You do not get to set up a tube....LEVEL on a gradient like you show and be able to see down it as if you've somehow tilted your tube to look down that gradient.

Wise up for crying out loud.

So I 'somehow' tilted my tube, although you can't actually show any evidence for this other than your belief that it's just not possible to get the results I did.

You can't even show what you expect us to see instead.

Again, you're accusing me of cheating and dishonesty and lying, with no proof, not even the slightest shred of evidence.  All you have in this argument are personal attacks.

So for crying out loud, stop saying I tilted the tube when it's clear that I did not. Look through a tube yourself! You will see the same thing.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #2707 on: January 06, 2021, 12:58:44 AM »

So... your reason for saying my picture is fake is you don't believe the results?  Lets take a moment to process this.

You simply believe that my results are IMPOSSIBLE... so why should I bother doing any more experiments since you are very clearly saying you will just outright reject them.

This bears repeating. You reason for dismissing my results is that they conflict with your BELIEFS so must be fake. You are not operating from a place of reason here, you are outright admitting you will just reject any facts if they don't fir your ideas.

And you wonder why people stop jumping through hoops to try and show you how reality works.

You also still haven't explained how I "duped it".  What exactly am I doing to fake things?  You're claiming the tube isn't level?  Prove it. 

You literally can NOT have ever done this experiment if you think what I am showing isn't reality. It is. Go outside, take 5 minutes and do it yourself.

If you can't post your own version and show where I am trying to "dupe you", stop accusing me of lying.

So I 'somehow' tilted my tube, although you can't actually show any evidence for this other than your belief that it's just not possible to get the results I did.

Again, you're accusing me of cheating and dishonesty and lying, with no proof, not even the slightest shred of evidence.  All you have in this argument are personal attacks.

So for crying out loud, stop saying I tilted the tube when it's clear that I did not. Look through a tube yourself! You will see the same thing.
You bottled it and basically that's all I can say to you, until you show me some honesty.

JackBlack

« Reply #2708 on: January 06, 2021, 01:11:44 AM »
And there you go confirming it.
Confirming what?
Confirming your unwillingness to rationally and honestly address the massive issues with your nonsense.

Again:

This is not a difficult question to answer for any honest, rational person.
Yet you use whatever BS you can to deflect.

You bottled it and basically that's all I can say to you
That does seem to be all you can say. No rational objection at all.
He showed you were wrong, so you cry fowl.

How about you start showing honesty instead of asking those already showing it to do so?
Or is honesty another one of those words you pretend means something completely different?

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #2709 on: January 06, 2021, 01:12:41 AM »

You bottled it and basically that's all I can say to you, until you show me some honesty.

Why do you keep accusing me of being dishonest when you have no evidence? You can go check yourself with a tube in 5 minutes to see that I'm not lying, faking or cheating. Nobody is trying to dupe you. 

So stop with the baseless accusations.

« Reply #2710 on: January 06, 2021, 01:13:00 AM »
What should my eye/camera height be above the start of the slope?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #2711 on: January 06, 2021, 01:32:11 AM »

Confirming your unwillingness to rationally and honestly address the massive issues with your nonsense.

There are no massive issues.
You believing there is or simply telling me there is, is down to you.
I address many things and you come out with the exact same stuff, so try and forgive me for not playing your game.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #2712 on: January 06, 2021, 01:33:04 AM »
Take a look at JJA's set up and use that as a close enough reference. I'm sure you can determine the height to the nearest foot.

« Reply #2713 on: January 06, 2021, 01:59:11 AM »
Take a look at JJA's set up and use that as a close enough reference. I'm sure you can determine the height to the nearest foot.
Do the tripods all need to be identical?

JackBlack

« Reply #2714 on: January 06, 2021, 02:14:05 AM »
There are no massive issues.
There are. You just keep on choosing to ignore them.
You show this by still refusing to answer an extremely simple question which shows beyond any doubt that you are wrong.

Once more:

Until you can actually answer this and in general address the logical argument I provided, there is a massive issue with your outright lie that the RE doesn't have a horizon.

But you know that the only honest way to actually answer the question is to admit that the RE does have a horizon, which means admitting you are wrong. So you will do whatever you can to avoid answering it.

I address many things and you come out with the exact same stuff
You address basically nothing. You come up with whatever pathetic BS you can to dismiss anything that shows you are wrong.
The reason I keep coming out with the exact same stuff is because you are yet to actually address it.

Again, if you think you have addressed it, provide a link to the post you addressed it in.

If you can't, then either address or stop repeating the same lies.

Note that he appears to be trying to set it up with ridiculous extra lengths so the FOV is tiny to try to make the ground no longer visible.a

If you were to use tubes that were 1 inch in diameter, with a length of 2 feet (similar to JJA), with his 5 feet between the tubes and his extra 2 feet away from it, that gives you a total distance of 11 ft, assuming you are standing basically right at the plumbob. This gives a FOV of roughly 0.4 degrees.

« Reply #2715 on: January 06, 2021, 02:50:47 AM »
The vortex and pressures created from the energy of the central sun that is taking the feed.

OK and what is the energy source of the central Sun?

I would also like to ask what you believe the age of your Earth is and what supporting evidence you have.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2021, 03:35:52 AM by Solarwind »

« Reply #2716 on: January 06, 2021, 05:58:18 AM »

Sceptimatic, this is your belief on a golden platter. (The horizon is a theoretical line dependent on the viewer's eyeline.)

What it also means is the lines of any level surface will converge on the theoretical horizon line. Yes?

Study the drawings. This is what you have been prattling on about.

Umm, you may not believe earth is a globe, but according to your avatar, it's a section of a ball? It's curved nevertheless, so why are you pushing your toilet roll experiment which supposedly proves there is no curvature?
I'm not sure what you think your pictures show.
And where is the section of a ball?

These pictures show what you have been saying all along. Don't you recognise your favourite theory? "The horizon always rises to eye level." They show, that on any level surface, all lines must converge with the theoretical horizon line.

So, here is your avatar, Sceptimatic, uncropped: (The angels are a nice touch, I don't know why you cropped them out.)

Here is your avatar up close, showing very distinctive curvature similar to the top 3rd of a ball:

Here is a picture, I think much more closely aligned to your cell earth model:

The horison does not always rise to eye level. It is always at eye level.
No rising or falling. It is exactly at eye level.

But youve agreed that peoples height of eye level can change.
So he horizon must be moving with them for some reason.
Or youre wrong.
Which is it?

If its moving
Why is it moving or perceived to move?

« Reply #2717 on: January 06, 2021, 06:00:39 AM »
A dip?

Once more, it is the dip is the angle from eye-level, to the horizon, which is observed to be below eye level.

It's not difficult to understand, it just doesn't make any sense because there's no level sight, meaning there is an angled view, no matter which way you dress it up.
And also there's not a hope in hell that you would be angling a view and skimming the edge of a supposed globe to get your horizon, so the explanation is bogus.

The dip is fictional. It's simply an angle from whichever elevated vantage point is taken.

FIELD OF VIEW!!!
People dont see in 1 dimension.
They have a....

Wait for it

FIELD OF VIEW

Which is shown by the angled line.
FFS
This isnt even a mater of duped gravity of cgi.

« Reply #2718 on: January 06, 2021, 06:02:01 AM »
I've already told you, so either do it or don't.
'Honesty', I've got that much so far.  You posted two different diagrams, so I'll just pick a grade then.  Glad that's settled.
Now then, what do you want me to use to level the tubes?
A plumb bob with a hanging pencil or straight stick with an equal identical mass on each end that balances as a horizontal against the vertical under the, plumb bob.

Place this at the back of the first tube (nearest you), about 2 feet or so.
Take your picture via this set up and towards the crosshairs on both tubes, lining them all up.

This way you get to see the true crosshair to the true level of both tube crosshairs.
Here's the  diagram, for clarity.
The little man in the diagram is wearing a high viz vest, hard hat and boots. It makes him look a bit more professional but you are not under any obligation to follow suit, if you don't want to.
You can do this experiment in a G-string or anorak...etc, if you feel like it.  ;)

And that's all of it correct?  A crosshair along the line of sight that shows level left to right in my field of view.  How exactly does this confirm the entire line of sight from my camera/eye to the crosshair at the end of the tube as being level?

Right o
Theres the diageam

Whats the point of usig a plumb line for verrical alignment?
How does this achieve your goal?
What was youe goal?

« Reply #2719 on: January 06, 2021, 06:04:49 AM »
A dip?

And also there's not a hope in hell that you would be angling a view and skimming the edge of a supposed globe to get your horizon, so the explanation is bogus.

The dip is fictional. It's simply an angle from whichever elevated vantage point is taken.

The circle is not to scale.
The circle is much much bigger.

Try and acknowledge it before you jump to conclusions.

You know
How you hypcritically have done while insisting we re not acknowledging (though we are) your denP.

« Reply #2720 on: January 06, 2021, 06:08:14 AM »
'Honesty', I've got that much so far.  You posted two different diagrams, so I'll just pick a grade then.  Glad that's settled.
A plumb bob with a hanging pencil or straight stick with an equal identical mass on each end that balances as a horizontal against the vertical under the, plumb bob.

Take your picture via this set up and towards the crosshairs on both tubes, lining them all up.

This way you get to see the true crosshair to the true level of both tube crosshairs.
The little man in the diagram is wearing a high viz vest, hard hat and boots. It makes him look a bit more professional but you are not under any obligation to follow suit, if you don't want to.
You can do this experiment in a G-string or anorak...etc, if you feel like it.  ;)

And that's all of it correct?  A crosshair along the line of sight that shows level left to right in my field of view.  How exactly does this confirm the entire line of sight from my camera/eye to the crosshair at the end of the tube as being level?

By his diagram i assume he is in hopes that the ground angle is such that it dips at auch a hard angle the scope will block this by XX distance.
He even added an arbitrary 5ft to make sure his double tube has sufficient length to block the FIELD OF VIEW.

I assume this is his goal or point rhough he refuses to admit one.

That would mean though, if all lines extend straight, the viewer is on a fricking mountain that extends forever, not a ball earth.

I assume this to be his trick

Edit:
Ha i see jackB has beaten me to it
« Last Edit: January 06, 2021, 06:12:05 AM by Themightykabool »

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #2721 on: January 06, 2021, 08:53:24 AM »
Nope. As long as the set up in the diagram is adhered to.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #2722 on: January 06, 2021, 08:55:48 AM »
The vortex and pressures created from the energy of the central sun that is taking the feed.

OK and what is the energy source of the central Sun?

I would also like to ask what you believe the age of your Earth is and what supporting evidence you have.
Possibly a super carbon.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #2723 on: January 06, 2021, 08:57:40 AM »

Or youre wrong.
Which is it?

If its moving
The horizon will only move if the person  changes elevation. You've been told this, so how are you struggling?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #2724 on: January 06, 2021, 08:58:55 AM »
A dip?

FIELD OF VIEW!!!
They have a....

Wait for it

FIELD OF VIEW

FFS
Yep, people have a field of view. They also have a tunnel vision filed of view, which is what we're dealing with, which you're struggling to understand.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #2725 on: January 06, 2021, 09:02:06 AM »

Right o
Theres the diageam

What was youe goal?
The plumb line ensures that the two tubes cannot be set up without level. It means the plumb line and balanced level will correspond with both crosshairs at the end of each tube, meaning they look level over the gradient and not looking down on it by duping an angle for a level.

I'm sure you understand this, even if you pretend not to.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #2726 on: January 06, 2021, 09:04:58 AM »
A dip?

The circle is not to scale.
The circle is much much bigger.

Try and acknowledge it before you jump to conclusions.

You know
How you hypcritically have done while insisting we re not acknowledging (though we are) your denP.
I know the circle is not to scale so don't try and use if to convince me of a so called dip.
You're using it as if you see an edge to your circle and using this as real life on your supposed globe,
Like I said earlier. It's a theoretical horizon, not a skim over a supposed globe as some kind of edging.

I'm sure you're not really struggling.

« Reply #2727 on: January 06, 2021, 09:13:22 AM »
The horison does not always rise to eye level. It is always at eye level.
No rising or falling. It is exactly at eye level.

Or youre wrong.
Which is it?

If its moving

The horizon will only move if the person  changes elevation. You've been told this, so how are you struggling?

i see you've removed your quote so i'll put it back in there and better highlight it so all can see your contradiction.

if the person moves, the eye level moves, therefore the horizon is moving.
if hte horizon is not really moving, then it is perceived to move.
why is there a perceived movement?

« Reply #2728 on: January 06, 2021, 09:19:37 AM »
A dip?

FIELD OF VIEW!!!
They have a....

Wait for it

FIELD OF VIEW

FFS
Yep, people have a field of view. They also have a tunnel vision filed of view, which is what we're dealing with, which you're struggling to understand.

just struggling to figure out why you're purposfully ignoring the points brought to you.
jackB has already told you mnay many times and even gone to the effort to calculate the angled field of view.

your continance to dismiss this is pure lunacy.
admit there is some angle as jackB has calculated.
to claim there is zero dip is ignorant and stupid beyond stupid because this level of stupid does not require a globe or flat earth.

angle is rise over run.
if your tube has a diameter and a length, we can calculate it.

so please, insist one more time that the dip is fictional and then imediately contradict yourself by admitting it is a thing, the thing that is the field of view.

« Reply #2729 on: January 06, 2021, 09:23:17 AM »

Right o
Theres the diageam

What was youe goal?
The plumb line ensures that the two tubes cannot be set up without level. It means the plumb line and balanced level will correspond with both crosshairs at the end of each tube, meaning they look level over the gradient and not looking down on it by duping an angle for a level.

I'm sure you understand this, even if you pretend not to.

i understand that a plumb line measures vertical alignment.
which is why i said several times now - VERTICAL ALIGNMENT.
which is NOT a necessary requirement for your LEVEL HORIZONTAL ALIGNMENT.
do you know what a vertical plumb line checks for?
so again, what is the point of the plumb line except an attempt to make JJA look more like a crazy person to his neighbours.
you might as well have requested he also wear a hat, with a feather, while drinking a single plum floating in perfume served in a mans hat.
it serves no purpose.

unless you know what your purpose was?
care to reitierate the reason for the experiment?

« Last Edit: January 06, 2021, 09:40:25 AM by Themightykabool »