What would change your mind?

• 4501 Replies
Re: What would change your mind?
« Reply #3180 on: January 19, 2021, 10:58:33 PM »
Dress it up as much as you feel you need to but the reality is, you do not see the ground from a level tube on a downward gradient.
And to think, you seemed to be making progress before.

Again, if you wish to assert such pure BS you need to explain what magic stops the blue line.:

Unless there is something to obstruct or deflect the blue line, it will continue from below the level of the tube and reach the eye.

And that means just like all other times you have an angular FOV.
That means that if the slope is less than half the FOV, YOU CAN SEE IT THROUGH A LEVEL TUBE!

It doesn't matter how many times you repeat the same refuted BS, it won't magically make it true. You need an explanation of what magic stops the blue line.

And then along with that, and the fact that there is no reason at all for the RE to have anything but a clear edge, you can also see the horizon on a RE through such a level tube. (depending on your altitude).

Stash

« Reply #3181 on: January 19, 2021, 11:21:34 PM »
Do you see the red line around the sphere?
That red line should be placed at the top and the front end of the straw should be resting directly on that red line.
This is a desperate measure for your globalists. It really is bemusing.
No, it is just more desperation from you.

That is still not comparing it to what you are talking about for a RE.
For a RE, that would be putting a massive tube on the surface, and then asking if you can see the surface.

I already pointed out why it is fine. It is a small FOV where the centre is a straight line that passes level above the globe.
Dress it up as much as you feel you need to but the reality is, you do not see the ground from a level tube on a downward gradient.

Whatís hilarious is that you just keep saying that, stomping your feet like a toddler. When you have literally been shown over and over demonstration, evidence, clear as day, that you are wrong.
Itís really way beyond the time where you have to put up or shut up. Show us your version of these experiments others have done at your direction and request. Every time you come up with a new one, someone does it and you just crank up your stomping your feet schtick again when the result shows youíre wrong...again.
What is with you? Show some integrity and post some evidence for once. The stomping your feet thing is sooo old and tiresome. All evidence presented has shown you are wrong. You have shown none. At this point, you lose.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #3182 on: January 19, 2021, 11:53:19 PM »
And to think, you seemed to be making progress before.

Again, if you wish to assert such pure BS you need to explain what magic stops the blue line.:

Unless there is something to obstruct or deflect the blue line, it will continue from below the level of the tube and reach the eye.

And that means just like all other times you have an angular FOV.
That means that if the slope is less than half the FOV, YOU CAN SEE IT THROUGH A LEVEL TUBE!

It doesn't matter how many times you repeat the same refuted BS, it won't magically make it true. You need an explanation of what magic stops the blue line.

And then along with that, and the fact that there is no reason at all for the RE to have anything but a clear edge, you can also see the horizon on a RE through such a level tube. (depending on your altitude).
It's not about me making progress, it's about you understanding what's being said instead of twisting it all to suit yourself.
By all means do it and by all means copy and paste long posts...but you'll be wasting a lot of your time doing it.

Stick to one specific and deal with it instead of going into raptures.
And stop whining.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #3183 on: January 19, 2021, 11:55:58 PM »

Whatís hilarious is that you just keep saying that, stomping your feet like a toddler. When you have literally been shown over and over demonstration, evidence, clear as day, that you are wrong.
Itís really way beyond the time where you have to put up or shut up. Show us your version of these experiments others have done at your direction and request. Every time you come up with a new one, someone does it and you just crank up your stomping your feet schtick again when the result shows youíre wrong...again.
What is with you? Show some integrity and post some evidence for once. The stomping your feet thing is sooo old and tiresome. All evidence presented has shown you are wrong. You have shown none. At this point, you lose.
The feet stomping is in your mind. Feel free to envision that. I'm fine with it.

As for the experiments. All I ask for is honesty and I'm getting absolute zero worth of it from you lot.
I can say this because I see your pathetic attempts to dupe when I know the reality.

Otherwise I wouldn't say it.

« Reply #3184 on: January 20, 2021, 12:01:12 AM »
It's not about me making progress, it's about you understanding what's being said instead of twisting it all to suit yourself.
No, it is about you making progress, either accepting that you are wrong, or actually starting to defend your claims.

What it certainly shouldn't be about is you continually asserting the same refuted crap again and again.

Stick to one specific and deal with it instead of going into raptures.
You had your chance at that and then ran when you couldn't justify your claim that the RE should magically have a blend from light to dark.

If YOU want to try to actually stick to one specific thing and deal with that rather than jumping ship as soon as you cannot defend your outright lies, then go ahead.

Until then I will continue pointing out what is wrong with your BS and asking you simple questions you cannot answer.

Again, until you have an explanation for what magic stops the blue line, either by stopping it completely or by bending it away you have no basis at all for your claim that you cannot see things below the level of the tube. And with that, all your other claims fall apart. You have no basis for your claim that you cannot see a downwards gradient as that is based entirely upon your claim that you can't see below the tube.

And again, we know that without the tube, the blue line does reach your eye, and the tube should have nothing there to stop or deflect the blue line, as there is no lens.
If you put a lens on the end you could deflect the blue line, but you made it clear that we are dealing with a tube with no lens.

And with the fact that we can see things below the tube, that also means that we can see the horizon on a RE, until you can explain why there should magically be a blend.

As for the experiments. All I ask for is honesty
And you have been given plenty of it, while providing none yourself.

If you know the reality so well, why haven't you gone out and done the experiment, even the simple one I suggested, to show that we are all wrong?

The sole reason you say BS like that is because the only excuse you have to dismiss the experiments showing you are wrong is that they have been faked, because they show you are wrong.

Stash

« Reply #3185 on: January 20, 2021, 12:24:58 AM »

The feet stomping is in your mind. Feel free to envision that. I'm fine with it.

As for the experiments. All I ask for is honesty and I'm getting absolute zero worth of it from you lot.
I can say this because I see your pathetic attempts to dupe when I know the reality.

Otherwise I wouldn't say it.

You just don't get it. For example:

Don't you ever get tired of calling me a liar?
I don't recall ever calling you a liar.

Quote from: JJA

I do know exactly what you asked. You asked me to take a picture through a straw. Here is the quote, in case you forgot what you typed.

Let's try something better.
Instead of a camera that has a a lens that allows a wide FOV, try setting up a level straw on that globe and looking through it, then come back and show me the edge.
I asked you to set up a level straw on your globe. You failed to do so because had you done it, it would show you up for the dupe you are.

You asked to:

- Set up a level straw on a Globe, check
- Look through it, check
- Show me the edge, check

Your only response, because what you asked for doesn't show what you want as a result is that You failed because it does not show what I want it to show as a result.

That's not how this works. Just because something does not result in what you want as a result doesn't mean it's a dupe or whathaveyou. It means that your predicted result is incorrect. How do you not get that? And all you're doing is stomping yur feet saying, "Nooooo! It's not supposed to work like that! It can't, because I say so!" But the thing is, and here's the rub, it does work like that whether you personally want it to or not. That's referred to as reality.

You could settle this for yourself if you simply did the same experiment and showed us your results. But for reasons, you refuse to do so. Which, at the end of the day, sucks all the credibility out of your argument because all you're doing is saying, "Nooooo! It's not supposed to work like that! It can't, because I say so!" You couldn't go farther away from science than that.

It's sad really. You're so caught up in your own indoctrination and so petrified to have that even questioned that you won't even do the simplest of experiments and show us. You're hiding behind that. And that is just sad.

All in all, it's been demonstrated numerous times that you are wrong, everyone can see that. Whether you would ever admit it is really neither here nor there. Everyone else knows you're hiding from the truth. If you want to stop hiding, do the experiment and post your results. Otherwise, you are beyond objectively wrong as all the evidence shows.

« Reply #3186 on: January 20, 2021, 12:28:10 AM »

The feet stomping is in your mind.

It's actually in everyones mind.  At this point, EVERYONE here sees you as nothing more than just mindlessly repeating a claim that is contrary to the  observable world.  No explanations given, no evidence, no support.  Just empty claims about MagicTunnel Vision or invisible curved edges, and then just covering your eyes and ears to all evidence and arguments against your fantasy and just whining "No No No No" like a toddler.

Its nice for you that you don't seem to care that this is how you are seen, but you should be aware of it. Maybe even learn from it? (but that is probably a step too far).   

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #3187 on: January 20, 2021, 01:18:11 AM »
No, it is about you making progress, either accepting that you are wrong, or actually starting to defend your claims.

It's about you lot proving your claims without twisting and turning and duping. Ask JJA about the duping....and Stash.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #3188 on: January 20, 2021, 01:39:55 AM »

You asked to:

1.....- Set up a level straw on a Globe, check
Uncheck. It was not set up level on a globe.

Quote from: Stash
2.....- Look through it, check
Check.

3.....- Show me the edge, check

Back to number 1.

Your only response, because what you asked for doesn't show what you want as a result is that You failed because it does not show what I want it to show as a result.
No. It was a dishonest representation just like he did in the gradient experiment. Absolute disgraceful duping and he's down to zero in my book. You're not far behind.

That's not how this works. Just because something does not result in what you want as a result doesn't mean it's a dupe or whathaveyou.
But these are and I know that you people know this.

It means that your predicted result is incorrect.

It is correct. I've done it all myself. I know what I know and so would any other honest person.

How do you not get that?
I do get it. You people play games because you're scared to go against your severe indoctrinated global mindset and fear mass ridicule attempts.
And all you're doing is stomping yur feet saying, "Nooooo! It's not supposed to work like that! It can't, because I say so!"
No stamping here. I'm as calm as can be. You on the other hand....hmmmmm.

But the thing is, and here's the rub, it does work like that whether you personally want it to or not. That's referred to as reality.
It works how you people want it to work.
Angling a tube on a gradient or placing a straw below the equatorial line of the globe model to make it appear you see the ground or a supposed horizon line. It's pretty sad to be fair but I understand the need for you people to do it.

You could settle this for yourself if you simply did the same experiment and showed us your results.
It's already settled for me. You people have ducked out of performing legitimate experiments in favour of the one's that can easily dupe unsuspecting questioners and out of the box thinkers.

But for reasons, you refuse to do so.
You refuse to play the honest game.

Which, at the end of the day, sucks all the credibility out of your argument because all you're doing is saying, "Nooooo! It's not supposed to work like that! It can't, because I say so!" You couldn't go farther away from science than that.
I do not require anything from you to decide my credibility. You have went down to my shoe sole in terms of the way you've went on, after a promising start. This is down to fear of going against the masses.
And...and...I know you may not give a damn about what I think. I'm just returning the compliment.

It's sad really. You're so caught up in your own indoctrination and so petrified to have that even questioned that you won't even do the simplest of experiments and show us. You're hiding behind that. And that is just sad.
I feel that way about you and your internet back patters.

All in all, it's been demonstrated numerous times that you are wrong, everyone can see that.
It's never been demonstrated once that I am wrong.

Whether you would ever admit it is really neither here nor there.
Obviously it is or why would you bother trying to convince me with all kinds of duping when you know fine well you could follow the instructions I gave.
The issue is you people didn't expect me to add in those extras for better proof of truthfulness and are struggling to find a way past what I set out, which is why none of you will do the experiment and why you keep changing it to the easy dupe method.

You don't fool me and nobody worth their salt should be fooled, either.

Everyone else knows you're hiding from the truth.
No. You might convince some that I am but there will be many that know I'm not hiding from anything.
The issue they will have is, why would they back me up when it would lead to mind numbing ridicule for them. I agree with their thoughts.
It just so happens that I'm immune to the shenanigans of you people.

If you want to stop hiding, do the experiment and post your results. Otherwise, you are beyond objectively wrong as all the evidence shows.
How about you people do the proper one's. Should I hold my breath?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2021, 01:42:54 AM by sceptimatic »

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #3189 on: January 20, 2021, 01:43:50 AM »

It's actually in everyones mind.  At this point, EVERYONE here sees you as nothing more than just mindlessly repeating a claim that is contrary to the  observable world.  No explanations given, no evidence, no support.  Just empty claims about MagicTunnel Vision or invisible curved edges, and then just covering your eyes and ears to all evidence and arguments against your fantasy and just whining "No No No No" like a toddler.

Its nice for you that you don't seem to care that this is how you are seen, but you should be aware of it. Maybe even learn from it? (but that is probably a step too far).
Were you wanting to add something?

« Reply #3190 on: January 20, 2021, 02:00:38 AM »
It's about you lot proving your claims without twisting and turning and duping.
No, it hasn't been.
You are the one who came here and started making all sorts of outrageous claims.
So it is actually about YOU proving YOUR claims.
So far you haven't even attempted to. Instead all you have done is repeatedly assert the same refuted claims.

Our job is just to refute your claims, or show they are unsupported, and we have done that wonderfully.
For example, by providing a simple image to show your claims about magic tunnel vision are pure nonsense.
Especially when combined with the simple question you just can't answer:
What magic stops the blue line?

The fact that you continually fail to answer that shows just how pathetic your claims are.

Likewise, your inability to explain why the RE should magically have a blend from light to dark rather than a clearly visible edge also shows just how pathetic your claims are.

So when will you start trying to prove your claims rather than continually deflecting?

1.....- Set up a level straw on a Globe, check
Uncheck. It was not set up level on a globe.
Again, it was level. It passed over a point where the centre of the FOV was going level.

That's not how this works. Just because something does not result in what you want as a result doesn't mean it's a dupe or whathaveyou.
But these are and I know that you people know this.
No, it is never like that.
You never get to dismiss something just because it doesn't show the result you want, not in any honest, rational discussion.

It means that your predicted result is incorrect.
It is correct. I've done it all myself.
Then post your results. So far all we have is your claim.
All honest people know your claim is BS.
If you were honest you would post your results.

It's pretty sad to be fair but I understand the need for you people to do it.
What is sad is you continually spouting the same refuted BS, without doing anything at all to justify it, and being entirely unable to defend your BS against refutations of it.

You people have ducked out of performing legitimate experiments
You dismissing them isn't us ducking out.
Your extra complications do nothing but needlessly complicate the experiment and lower the FOV.
The only one ducking out of legitimate experiments is you.

I do not require anything from you to decide my credibility.
No, your actions show your credibility, and that is that you have none.

It's never been demonstrated once that I am wrong.
You rejecting reality doesn't magically change it.

Until you can answer the simple questions, and until you post your own results, it has been proven beyond any doubt that you are wrong.

The issue is you people didn't expect me to add in those extras for better proof
No, I entirely expected you to do it because that is how you always act.
You make demands for an experiment, and then when it is met, you just dismiss it as fake and make more demands.
It truly is pathetic.

But like I have already said, those extras just make the entire thing more complex. It doesn't make it any more reliable.

nobody worth their salt should be fooled, either.
And nobody worth their salt will be fooled by your BS.

there will be many that know I'm not hiding from anything.
No, there won't be a single person that knows that, due to the fact that it is false, and it needs to be true for people to know it.

« Reply #3191 on: January 20, 2021, 02:15:35 AM »

Everyone else knows you're hiding from the truth.
No. You might convince some that I am but there will be many that know I'm not hiding from anything.
The issue they will have is, why would they back me up when it would lead to mind numbing ridicule for them. I agree with their thoughts.

All the lol.  Sceptimatic's Hidden Army with their Magic TunnelVision tubes.  They see him as a ray of light in the fight against the darkness of those who would look through toilet roll tubes and claim to see an angular field of view, and those who believe curved surfaces have an apparent edge! 

You are truly a brave leader, willing to take the slings and arrows of mockery for them, I just hope you know how much they appreciate you.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #3192 on: January 20, 2021, 04:14:58 AM »

It's about you lot proving your claims without twisting and turning and duping. Ask JJA about the duping....and Stash.

Are you capable of doing anything other than ranting that I'm a liar over and over?  You have been proven wrong at every step and your only defense is to claim everyone is lying and trying to dupe you or twist things. It's a globe. How exactly do you think I'm 'twisting' things by taking pictures of a globe? You won't do your own experiments. You won't give any reasons for why you are claiming I'm lying.

You can see the edge of a globe. From far away. From close up. Even when standing on it. Big or small. I've shown this, and you have shown... nothing. Done nothing but whine about needing straws and plumb bobs. Do some actual work and prove it for once. Show us all your fancy experimental pictures. Since you have done all these experiments yourself it should be easy to just post them, right? So where are your photos? Dog ate them again, right? ::)

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #3193 on: January 20, 2021, 08:57:53 AM »

Again, it was level. It passed over a point where the centre of the FOV was going level.

No, it wasn't.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #3194 on: January 20, 2021, 08:59:56 AM »

Are you capable of doing anything other than ranting that I'm a liar over and over? 
There's no ranting.
I'm more than happy to debate with you when you find it in you to actually do something that is not dishonest.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #3195 on: January 20, 2021, 09:05:08 AM »

Are you capable of doing anything other than ranting that I'm a liar over and over? 
There's no ranting.
I'm more than happy to debate with you when you find it in you to actually do something that is not dishonest.

What debate?  You just called me a liar again, that's not debating.  You failed to provide any reason or evidence to why you are accusing me.  Are you ever going to answer why you won't post your own evidence?  You say you have done all these experiments and got different results... well where are they?  You claim I am 'doing it wrong' and trying to dupe you.  How?  Why can't you show your setup to show how it should be done?  Where are your photos? Can you do it, or are you limited to just accusing people of being dishonest? Sad.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #3196 on: January 20, 2021, 09:28:35 AM »
  You claim I am 'doing it wrong' and trying to dupe you.  How?  Why can't you show your setup to show how it should be done?
You are and I've already shown you and you've bottled it but weirdly decided to the straw one which you've went and done exactly the same to.

You are dishonest and I'll keep calling you out until you do the experiment.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #3197 on: January 20, 2021, 09:37:17 AM »
  You claim I am 'doing it wrong' and trying to dupe you.  How?  Why can't you show your setup to show how it should be done?
You are and I've already shown you and you've bottled it but weirdly decided to the straw one which you've went and done exactly the same to.

You are dishonest and I'll keep calling you out until you do the experiment.

Why do you always claim you said things instead of just saying them? You never even provide a quote or a link. It's as if you never said it at all in the first place.

You whined that I didn't use a straw, so I did. You and your tubes. ::)

Your objections are, what?  Show a picture or use your words.  Don't just claim you already did because I can't find any detailed descriptions of what you're actually asking.

Don't blame others because you're unable to articulate whatever crazy setup is bouncing around in your head. That's your problem, not anyone elses.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #3198 on: January 20, 2021, 09:55:10 AM »

Your objections are, what? 
You shouldn't need to be asking. You know exactly what they are.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #3199 on: January 20, 2021, 10:08:54 AM »

Can you do anything but deflect and avoid answering questions? Why don't you quote where you explained what I did 'wrong' with my picture of a globe. You are avoiding answering, and it's obvious to everyone.

It shows perfectly well that yes you can see the edge of a ball.  I have no idea what YOU think the edge of a ball looks like, but you should look at my pictures because... that's what it looks like.  An edge.

Where are your photos showing examples of how to take a picture of a straw? Still need help? Just push the button!

« Reply #3200 on: January 20, 2021, 01:33:53 PM »
No, it wasn't.
And yet again, you just assert the same nonsense and ignore everything else that has been said.

Just how isn't it level?
Again, the fact that the globe is below the centre of the straw shows that it passes over it when it is level.

Pure BS.
You have shown you have no interest in honest debate.

If you did you would have either admitted you were wrong, or told us what magic stops the blue line and why the RE should have a blend from light to dark.
Likewise, you would either accept that you were wrong thanks to JJA's experiments, or you would have provided your own experimental results to show it is different.

Continually ignoring logical arguments and dismissing evidence that shows you are wrong as fake is NOT debating.

And your only objection seems to be that it shows you are wrong.
That is not a valid objection.

So care to try showing that you are happy to debate? By actually addressing the issues?

Again, what magic stops the blue line, and why should Earth have a blend from light to dark?

« Reply #3201 on: January 20, 2021, 02:35:29 PM »
JJA, I don't know why you and others here are getting so uptight with sceptimatic.

Sceptimatic has already declared his experience of the world as it appears, is all he will accept.

He doesn't experience the world scientifically, and has never experienced the globe or planetary systems described by science. If you were honest with yourself, neither have you, or any of us. You trust and value what has been told to you by science, over just your own observations.

The experience of the earth as flat, disc like, motionless, stationary, and as a contained system, with a sun that moves around it, just as the ancient Mesopotamians did, is a return to the basic human experience of the world you can have. It is how humans first perceive the world.

Science posits a mechanical world outside the human perception and moves the emphasis of meaning and the centre of the world to outside the human experience and outside the world itself.

For a person who values scientific explanation and meaning first of the world, you will never change somebody's mind, who values first the conscious experience and human perception.

Thus thread perfectly illustrates a difference in values.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #3202 on: January 20, 2021, 03:26:41 PM »
JJA, I don't know why you and others here are getting so uptight with sceptimatic.

Sceptimatic has already declared his experience of the world as it appears, is all he will accept.

He doesn't experience the world scientifically, and has never experienced the globe or planetary systems described by science. If you were honest with yourself, neither have you, or any of us. You trust and value what has been told to you by science, over just your own observations.

The experience of the earth as flat, disc like, motionless, stationary, and as a contained system, with a sun that moves around it, just as the ancient Mesopotamians did, is a return to the basic human experience of the world you can have. It is how humans first perceive the world.

Science posits a mechanical world outside the human perception and moves the emphasis of meaning and the centre of the world to outside the human experience and outside the world itself.

For a person who values scientific explanation and meaning first of the world, you will never change somebody's mind, who values first the conscious experience and human perception.

Thus thread perfectly illustrates a difference in values.

We're talking about looking through a tube here.

There is no value judgment in seeing the ground through a tube, or seeing the edge of a sphere. These are everyday things we all experience constantly and he is claiming that they are all wrong.

That's not a 'difference in values' it's a complete lack of understanding of rather simple concepts, ones that are easy to observe in 30 seconds.

I don't expect to change his mind, he's incapable of that. 

He doesn't value experience and human perception, he rejects both of them in favor of whatever he imagines the world to be.

I continue to argue because it's fun to do some of these little experiments, I like playing with cameras and it's a nice diversion from the more complicated things I do. Take a picture of a globe? Kind of relaxing, and yes, it's satisfying to actually validate ones assumptions.

Something skepti should try sometime. But he 'knows' he is right, so never will.

Lemmiwinks

• President of the Non-Conformist Zetetic Council
« Reply #3203 on: January 20, 2021, 04:03:45 PM »
Holy crap, scepti is still going? You know, when I first saw him, I didn't think he had the legs, he wouldn't last.

But damn Scepti, you proved me wrong.

Your theories are still trash and your methods sloppy and inconsistent, but hey, you are still here.

I have 13 [academic qualifications] actually. I'll leave it up to you to guess which, or simply call me a  liar. Either is fine.

Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #3204 on: January 20, 2021, 09:31:00 PM »

Can you do anything but deflect and avoid answering questions? Why don't you quote where you explained what I did 'wrong' with my picture of a globe. You are avoiding answering, and it's obvious to everyone.

It shows perfectly well that yes you can see the edge of a ball.  I have no idea what YOU think the edge of a ball looks like, but you should look at my pictures because... that's what it looks like.  An edge.

Where are your photos showing examples of how to take a picture of a straw? Still need help? Just push the button!
Rest the front edge of your straw on the red equator line. And level it off.
Now show me through it.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #3205 on: January 20, 2021, 09:35:57 PM »
Holy crap, scepti is still going? You know, when I first saw him, I didn't think he had the legs, he wouldn't last.

But damn Scepti, you proved me wrong.

Your theories are still trash and your methods sloppy and inconsistent, but hey, you are still here.
I'm still here because I believe in what I'm arguing against, which is the global nonsense.

My methods will always be inconsistent with anyone's methods they adhere to. I expect and accept that.
My methods tell me a lot more than people can seem to decipher...maybe because it's just too simple for those who are brought up on the complicated storylines and absolute inability to prove what those storylines depict.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2021, 02:49:08 AM by sceptimatic »

« Reply #3206 on: January 20, 2021, 10:54:15 PM »
JJA, do you start your day off looking through a used dunny roll? No. So, we don't all experience that daily, do we? I don't see 50 pages of people looking through used toilet rolls and straws to be overly enjoyable, but whatever floats your boat, pal. 

There is a difference in values here, when a person's mind is completely shut off to anything outside their expectations. Did you make the adjustment like I suggested?

If you really enjoy taking photos of used dunny rolls and straws so much, can you at least do it in a way that proves what you are saying, and not keep doing it at your fav piblic toilet block with the holes in the cubicle walls? I don't want to have to show you up with my camera skills. Plus, can we get some side views of your globe? Please?

« Reply #3207 on: January 21, 2021, 03:27:53 AM »
I'm still here because I believe in what I'm arguing against, which is the global nonsense.
The problem is that you are just spouting nonsense and refusing to justify your claims.

If you actually believed in the nonsense you spout, why do you continually refuse to answer simple questions?
Why are you unable to tell us what magic stops the blue line, or what magic causes the Earth to have a light to dark blend instead of a clearly visible edge?

My methods will always be inconsistent with anyone's methods they adhere to.
Because your "methods" seems to be spouting baseless nonsense and refusing to defend it and then after the same issues are brought up and you continue to dodge, you just start claiming you have already answered/addressed them.
You also love to appeal to experiments and claim what results they give, without justifying that at all and dismissing anything that shows you are wrong as fake.

It tells you nothing about the real world. All it tells you about is the fantasy world in your head.

it's just too simple for those who are brought up on the complicated storylines and absolute inability to prove what those storylines depict.
Projecting again.
You are the one spouting a complicated storyline where Earth, unlike every other round object, magically has a light to dark blend.
You are the one spouting a complicated storyline where putting a tube in front of your face magically drastically alters your view, so instead of light coming in straight to your eye from all angles (bound by the tube) it instead magically comes in parallel so you only see 1 inch of any distant object, but the object in the distance is magically shrunk so you can see more than 1 inch of it, but you still magically see the ground.

And you are completely incapable of providing anything of what those storylines claim.

Compare that to the simple reality of the RE.
The RE, being a round object, has a clearly visible edge.
A tube merely blocks part of your FOV, with light still coming in straight to your eye.
And that can be proven, with photos of the horizon on the RE, and photos through a tube, and simple logic.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #3208 on: January 21, 2021, 03:30:30 AM »

Rest the front edge of your straw on the red equator line. And level it off.
Now show me through it.

Why? You still haven't even explained why you need a straw in the first place to see the edge of an object.

You say you can't see the edge of a ball while standing on it, well I have shown that you can in fact see the edge of objects.

Are you getting confused with your "can't see the ground though a level tube" experiment?  This is not the same.

Why don't you take some pictures and explain what you're trying to prove.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #3209 on: January 21, 2021, 03:35:20 AM »
JJA, do you start your day off looking through a used dunny roll? No. So, we don't all experience that daily, do we? I don't see 50 pages of people looking through used toilet rolls and straws to be overly enjoyable, but whatever floats your boat, pal. 

There is a difference in values here, when a person's mind is completely shut off to anything outside their expectations. Did you make the adjustment like I suggested?

If you really enjoy taking photos of used dunny rolls and straws so much, can you at least do it in a way that proves what you are saying, and not keep doing it at your fav piblic toilet block with the holes in the cubicle walls? I don't want to have to show you up with my camera skills. Plus, can we get some side views of your globe? Please?

I'm not sure if you were never a kid, or just don't have an imagination or any curiosity but I can assure you most people when they see a tube, will look through it at some point.  If you truly have never done this, well, that's very strange.

At what point did I ever give the impression that I don't want you to take your own pictures?  Feel free, go for it, show your modified experiment for whatever reasons you feel it's necessary.  Nobody is stopping you, and I'm not going to feel jealous if you post pictures of your own.

I can't see through a tube if I shut my eyes, but I'm not going to take pictures with the lens cap on to simulate that either.  I'll try reasonable suggestions, not pointless ones.