Dune Movie

• 82 Replies

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
Dune Movie
« on: September 10, 2020, 03:23:29 PM »

The trailer is fantastic. I cannot wait to see the movie!
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
Re: Dune Movie
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2020, 03:41:43 PM »
That's a pretty great looking trailer for this movie. I'm psyched to see it!

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2020, 03:46:15 PM »
Looking forward to it. Loved the games and the premise but pretty sure I fell asleep during the 1984 version of the movie lol

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2020, 03:55:24 PM »
The spice must flow.

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2020, 04:07:25 PM »
I loved the 1984 version.

I know. I'm a heretic.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2020, 05:55:43 PM »
They should have Duke Leto briefly walk a pug as an homage to Lynch's weird ass movie.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2020, 06:55:35 PM »
I refuse to see it unless Kyle maclachlan reprised his role as muadib!

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2020, 09:34:29 PM »
Just saw the trailer.  Looks pretty good.  Strong cast, except for maybe Aquaman as Duncan Idaho.  I like Jason Momoa okay but it just seems like an odd choice.

Also, that sound track... I wonder if that's just for the trailer.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2020, 09:54:26 PM »
Uhhh, I watched the whole trailer.
(shouldn't it be called a leader?)

I just can't connect. I fully own the flaw.

Also, Pink Floyd?

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
  • Will I still be perfect tomorrow?
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2020, 01:47:19 AM »

I know. I'm a heretic.

I too loved this film, and hope they do it (the book) justice.
Life is meaningless and everything dies.

Suicide is dangerous- other philosophies are available-#Life is great.

rvlvr

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2020, 12:58:15 PM »
It is a good one.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2020, 02:25:33 PM »

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2020, 02:12:34 AM »
I trust Villeneuve. I haven't seen a bad movie from him.

But I cry every time I think we will never get to see Jodorowsky's Dune.

Also I really didn't expect Eclipse to start playing lol
« Last Edit: September 15, 2020, 02:18:23 AM by Pezevenk »
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2020, 02:37:42 PM »
That looks great!

Dune always makes me think of my younger clubbing days, strangely.  Dancing off my nut to this

Tuuuuuuuune!
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2021, 03:20:10 PM »

New trailer!

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2021, 03:28:05 PM »

New trailer!

Looks awesome! Can't wait

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

Mattathome

• I love this site, it goes round and round...
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2021, 10:33:42 AM »
What always confuses me is how to pronounce Harkonnen. 

Because of the 1984 movie I've always said Har-co-nin.  I went on to read the books in the series and pronounced it that way to myself over the next several years.  Then there was the Sci-Fi channel mini series and there they were saying Harkcan-nin.  I cringed and wanted to throw something at the TV I each time I heard Harkcan-nin.

First thing I noticed in this new trailer...  Harkcan-nin.  I still say Hark-co-nin.  I think it just sounds cooler and more diabolical.

Seeking Truth, but refusal to believe...that is paradoxitradalsensationimorbididiocyalism.

Why are you clicking that?

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2021, 11:31:03 AM »
I started reading the books in the 80s, I had to make up the pronunciation for all the weird words! I also went with Hark-o-nin. 

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2021, 12:02:44 PM »
I like the emphasis on the second syllable for harkonen. Also the third syllable for feydakeen.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2021, 03:27:47 PM »
What always confuses me is how to pronounce Harkonnen. 

Because of the 1984 movie I've always said Har-co-nin.  I went on to read the books in the series and pronounced it that way to myself over the next several years.  Then there was the Sci-Fi channel mini series and there they were saying Harkcan-nin.  I cringed and wanted to throw something at the TV I each time I heard Harkcan-nin.

First thing I noticed in this new trailer...  Harkcan-nin.  I still say Hark-co-nin.  I think it just sounds cooler and more diabolical.

The computer game Dune 2, also said it how you (and I), liked

Know your place

« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2021, 01:37:25 PM »
OMG.  It totally lives up to the trailer by the sound of it

Dune review – blockbuster cinema at its dizzying, dazzling best

Denis Villeneuve’s slow-burn space opera fuses the arthouse and the multiplex to create an epic of otherworldly brilliance

Dune reminds us what a Hollywood blockbuster can be. Implicitly, its message written again and again in the sand, Denis Villeneuve’s fantasy epic tells us that big-budget spectaculars don’t have to be dumb or hyperactive, that it’s possible to allow the odd quiet passage amid the explosions. Adapted from Frank Herbert’s 60s opus, Dune is dense, moody and quite often sublime – the missing link bridging the multiplex and the arthouse. Encountering it here was like stumbling across some fabulous lost tribe, or a breakaway branch of America’s founding fathers who laid out the template for a different and better New World.

Calm down, Xan.  But it's still got me super juiced.

I'm gonna have to wait 6 fricken weeks to see it though!

if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2021, 03:51:22 PM »
I can't wait to see it, but I'm going to wait. Florida is full of the corone  >:(

« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2021, 02:53:54 AM »
I can't wait to see it, but I'm going to wait. Florida is full of the corone  >:(
Your gonna have to wait anyway. It was just shown at the Venice film festival - it's not out until Oct 21-22nd.  Hopefully you guys will have less corone by then.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2021, 03:02:14 AM »
Your gonna have to wait anyway. It was just shown at the Venice film festival - it's not out until Oct 21-22nd.  Hopefully you guys will have less corone by then.

Dune wont be in Australian theatres until the start of December. As I dont go to those it'll be a little into next year before I see it on blu ray  :(

Know your place

« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2021, 04:27:27 AM »

Dune wont be in Australian theatres until the start of December. As I dont go to those it'll be a little into next year before I see it on blu ray  :(
I don't go to the cinema much, but will be going for this.  I'll ring you up from the theatre and give you a running commentary on it.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2021, 07:17:55 AM »
I think Hbo is supposed to release it simultaneously for those of us would like to watch it without getting Covid or hearing random people on the phone giving commentary on it.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2021, 02:12:08 AM »
I liked it.  Although it's hard for me to be objective about it.  It's sort of like comparing Tron Legacy to Tron.

I liked most of the cast.  I don't see why they couldn't cast Patrick Stewart again though.  Paul Attredies is sort of a bitch throughout most of this movie but I think that's intentional.  I like this portrayal of the Baron better than the 1984 version.

The movie stops at the knife fight between Paul and the Fremen. 

The tech and special effects had a unique feel to them that's true to the books.

It didn't completely treat the audience like they are idiots.  I think anyone who didn't read the book is going to be lost.

I hope we get some sequels but I predict it'll lose so much money that we'll have to wait another 40 years before they try again.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2021, 02:22:47 AM »
I hope we get some sequels but I predict it'll lose so much money that we'll have to wait another 40 years before they try again.

They really should film the entire trilogy at once and then just space out the releases. Doesn't matter then. Dune is an awesome story, it's rare to find a movie with so many layers and depth. Sadly a lot of people have been numbed to brainless action flicks and no longer have the attention spans needed to enjoy a well written story

Know your place

« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2021, 05:51:44 AM »

They really should film the entire trilogy at once and then just space out the releases.
Villeneuve wanted to film both parts at once, however the studio wouldn't take the risk.  He says he's just happy anyone would let him make a film again after the commercial disaster of Bladerunner, so he's not really surprised they wouldn't chuck another $165m at him for part 2.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2021, 03:56:46 PM »

They really should film the entire trilogy at once and then just space out the releases.
Villeneuve wanted to film both parts at once, however the studio wouldn't take the risk.  He says he's just happy anyone would let him make a film again after the commercial disaster of Bladerunner, so he's not really surprised they wouldn't chuck another $165m at him for part 2.
I'm pretty sure that it would be a lot cheaper to film both parts back to back than to film part 2 a few years after part 1.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.