Yes
4 (30.8%)
No
6 (46.2%)
Maybe
3 (23.1%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: January 29, 2007, 09:14:33 PM

Some new (and old) questions about a flat earth...

• 7 Replies
?

Brand Echh

« on: January 29, 2007, 09:14:33 PM »
The poll above is just to clarify and continue the general question of how many here consider themselves believers though it is by no means scientific or verifiable (call it the honor system).

I'm not here to espouse a round earth concept or question the belief in a flat earth... but there are some questions I'd like addressed by people who can support the theory of a flat earth, some of them already touched on in the FAQ....

If no photos of the earth can be trusted why are satellite images used for (or at least as the basis of) maps created by flat-earthers?

Why does the Ice Wall need guarded?

What would happen if the Ice Wall cracked or melted?

How can the wandering movement of planets be explained?

If there's a conspirousy covering the truth of our solar system can any astronomy or astrophysics theory be trusted? Do galaxies exist? How about the speed of light?

If the earth is moving upward, where is it moving from or to? Is it orbiting anything?

Serious question here: what is under the earth? Even if the most honest answer is "we don't know," then what do you believe is under the disc? If the answer is rock, what is that rock on?

Does gravity exist outside the disc?

Are the stars fixed? If so, what (if anything) exists outside them (this same question can apply to any theory of the universe)?

Big question: how did you get into a belief in a flat earth, and why?

Re: Some new (and old) questions about a flat earth...
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2007, 09:37:48 PM »
Quote from: "Brand Echh"

That definitely is the big question.
It's quite remarkable really that both Israel and Palestine have no qualms about slaughtering the crap out of each other - but they are perfectly willing to work together jovially and hide a secret that wouldn't make much difference to the world. -rdethgy

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2007, 09:40:48 PM »
That was the first question I asked. Chances are it won't be answered.

?

Tom Bishop

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2007, 09:50:53 PM »
If no photos of the earth can be trusted why are satellite images used for (or at least as the basis of) maps created by flat-earthers?

Satellites are not necessary to know the shape of continents. A cartographer only needs a boat or a plane.

Why does the Ice Wall need guarded?

Because it's widely known that access to Antarctica is restricted, and the entire landmass is unclaimable.

The ice wall is made of rock and stone like Antarctica. The ice wall is Antarctica. Antarctica  just happens to have snow on top.

Gravity exists in every FE model. It's just not the primary force that keeps your feet to the ground.

If there's a conspirousy covering the truth of our solar system can any astronomy or astrophysics theory be trusted? Do galaxies exist? How about the speed of light?

Astronomy is mostly correct.

If the earth is moving upward, where is it moving from or to? Is it orbiting anything?

The earth is moving away from the big bang. It's accelerating because the big bang is still happening.

Serious question here: what is under the earth?

The earth sits on empty space.

Does gravity exist outside the disc?

Gravity exists on the disk and off the disk.

Are the stars fixed?

The stars are accelerating too. The entire universe is accelerating. See:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accelerating_universe

I believe in the flat earth because it's a conclusion of my personal observations, experiments, and scientific proofs.

?

Brand Echh

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2007, 10:32:39 PM »
Quote from: "Tom Bishop"

The ice wall is made of rock and stone like Antarctica. The ice wall is Antarctica. Antarctica  just happens to have snow on top.

I thought Antartica was a myth?

Gravity exists in every FE model. It's just not the primary force that keeps your feet to the ground.

Yes, but how does that explain the wandering movement of planets visible on the horizon? Venus, Mars, et al.?

The earth is moving away from the big bang. It's accelerating because the big bang is still happening.

This brings up a new question... if the big bang happened as the current theory regarding it proposes, how would a flat earth have formed?

Theories of a spherical earth involve the collecting of matter around young stars that gain enough mass to develop their own centers of gravity and "clear the nieghborhood" so to speak.

How would a Big Bang event lead to a flat earth with sun, moon and planets circling (orbiting?) it?

Are the stars fixed?

The stars are accelerating too. The entire universe is accelerating.

Another related question: what are stars? Are they suns with no planets? Flat planets with bright suns circling them? Are they something else entirely?

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2007, 04:41:52 AM »
Quote from: "Tom Bishop"
I believe in the flat earth because it's a conclusion of my personal observations, experiments, and scientific proofs.

Liar  :twisted: Show me one of your "scientific proofs" or if you have
posted one on the forum already... post a link

cmdshft

• The Elder Ones
  • swiggity swooty
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2007, 09:38:12 AM »
Um, Tom. Learn about astrophysics, time, and a little quantum mechanics.

The universe is expanding, but not away from the Big Bang because the Big Bang is the edge of the universe itself.. Look at the Microwave pattern and study about it's history.

That's if you'll even believe it. :roll:

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2007, 09:47:37 AM »
Quote from: "Hara Taiki"

The universe is expanding, but not away from the Big Bang because the Big Bang is the edge of the universe itself

Hmm, shouldn't the Big Bang be the center of the universe, by definition?

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson