A fell wind is upon us.

• 10 Replies

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Paid Cybermagician
A fell wind is upon us.
« on: September 08, 2020, 10:02:04 PM »
https://www.ksl.com/article/50014988/windstorm-updates-at-least-1-fatality-reported-some-schools-districts-cancel-wednesday-classes

80mph and in some places 100mph winds.  Fucking hurricane level winds in Utah!  Most of Salt Lake out of power.  They don't expect to restore it until Thursday.  I imagine there is nary a generator to be found in the state.  I have a truck hooked up to a high current true sine wave inverter powering the fridges, charging the laptops, using my phone for my network connection, just like the pioneers of old.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Re: A fell wind is upon us.
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2020, 11:52:26 PM »
Stay safe.
"Deep Throat: Mister Mulder, why are those like yourself, who believe in the existence of extraterrestrial life on this Earth, not dissuaded by all the evidence to the contrary?
Mulder: Because, all the evidence to the contrary is not entirely dissuasive."

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2020, 06:47:59 AM »
Wow, that is like a hurricane. Did you even have warning a storm like that was coming?
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Paid Cybermagician
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2020, 07:30:23 AM »
Wow, that is like a hurricane. Did you even have warning a storm like that was coming?

We had almost a full day warning. Still we don't see a lot of hurricanes in Utah. Our infrastructure isn't built for it.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2020, 07:40:20 AM »
A full day?! We get at least a week to prepare for that sort of thing. I just read an article about it, but it didn't say much about what the storm looked like. I guess it wasn't circular like a hurricane and there wasn't any rain. The pictures show a lot of trees down in the suburbs (of some city, idk). That must have been really scary.

I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2020, 07:46:28 AM »

Your storm coverage is a lot more calm and sensible than our storm coverage. Not a single weather person standing in the wind. lol

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2020, 01:04:57 PM »
You can see what's left of your wind storm, it reaches all the way to the gulf https://earth.nullschool.net/#current/wind/surface/level/orthographic=-107.13,34.98,1114

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
  • FREEDOIS IS ᗡIИIRG!
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2020, 01:17:36 PM »
First and foremost, Sir crutonius, that sucks. Hopefully they get your power back on soon and no trees fall on your house or favorite car.

Second, and I don't mean to distract but I could help but look on that map a little further to the east. It appears there may be some other windy and spinny storms building up.
https://earth.nullschool.net/#current/wind/surface/level/orthographic=-39.89,23.06,936

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2020, 01:34:07 PM »
The forecast now is that those spinners won't get to us, but you really never know.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Paid Cybermagician
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2020, 01:49:32 PM »
Yeah, the thing about earth.nullschool is that it's really hard to tell what swirlies might be a problem or not.

faded mike

• new world tattoo drill scar
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2020, 12:01:12 AM »
Yikes!
" Using our vast surveillance system, we've uncovered revolutionary new information..."
           -them

I am not a druggy