The face palm America thread

• 82 Replies

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
The face palm America thread
« on: September 05, 2020, 09:07:37 PM »
This is the thread for those news articles you come across about America that just has you doing a face palm for its utter stupidity.

Whether it's an incel that argues with his wife over not getting enough sex so blows her away and then shoots up the neighbours for good measure. 

https://nypost.com/2020/09/02/minneapolis-man-kills-wife-over-lack-of-sex-shoots-neighbors/

Or a university professor who gets suspended for mentioning the Chinese word 'nega' and some dumbarse loser student gets offended and reports him for racism. (in Chinese, 'nega' means 'that')

https://reason.com/2020/09/03/usc-greg-patton-chinese-word-offended-students/

Greg Patton is a professor of clinical business communication at the University of Southern California. During a recent virtual classroom session, he was discussing public speaking patterns and the filler words that people use to space out their ideas: um, er, etc. Patton mentioned that the Chinese often use a word that is pronounced like nega.

"In China the common word is 'that, that that that,' so in China it might be 'nega, nega, nega, nega,'" Patton explained to his class. "So there's different words you'll hear in different cultures, but they're vocal disfluencies."

But because the Chinese word nega sounds like nigger, some students were offended and reported the matter to the administration. Patton is now suspended, according to Campus Reform:

On Tuesday evening, the USC Marshall School of Business provided Campus Reform with a statement, confirming that Patton is no longer teaching his course.

"Recently, a USC faculty member during class used a Chinese word that sounds similar to a racial slur in English. We acknowledge the historical, cultural and harmful impact of racist language," the statement read.

Patton "agreed to take a short term pause while we are reviewing to better understand the situation and to take any appropriate next steps."

Idiots ::)

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
Re: The face palm America thread
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2020, 07:20:06 AM »
I just watched something about Greg Patton yesterday. There are probably thousands of words in other languages that sound like bad words in English.  I watch a lot of Chinese youtube channels, and I have heard them say "nega" and always wondered what it meant, because they say it a lot!
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2020, 08:55:45 AM »
I can't find the article right now but there was a guy who though the voice coming out of Apple Maps was broadcasted from the US government owned GPS satellites.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2020, 09:27:56 AM »
professor of clinical business communication
Really?  I suspect the very fact that job exists might be a sign we are in the End Times.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2020, 01:59:32 PM »

The anti-maskers almost need their own thread.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
  • Will I still be perfect tomorrow?
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2020, 03:13:53 AM »
This made me laugh; https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-us-2020-54045115

Several boats have sunk on a lake in the US state of Texas during a parade to support President Donald Trump in November's election, officials say.

"We responded to multiple calls of boats in distress, several of them sank," she said. "We had an exceptional number of boats on the lake today... When they all started moving at the same time, it generated significant waves."

Life is meaningless and everything dies.

Suicide is dangerous- other philosophies are available-#Life is great.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2020, 06:29:36 AM »
Yes.  Tragic.  We've been investigating the case.  By "we" I mean the flat earth society.  And by "investigate" I mean we threw out a baseless conspiracy theory.

Conclusion.  Either Antifa sunk those boats or it was a false flag attack to blame Antifa.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2020, 06:46:55 AM »

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2020, 07:34:09 AM »
There is other news worth mentioning that isn’t from the US and much more important.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/sep/07/belarus-opposition-leader-maria-kolesnikova-snatched-from-street-in-minsk-reports

ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2020, 09:16:28 AM »

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2020, 09:27:03 AM »
Gender reveal parties!  When will people ever learn?

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/07/us/california-fire-el-dorado-gender-reveal-trnd/index.html

Gender is evil, I tell ya

Exactly.  This is why we need to abolish the concept of gender.  We can't afford these forest fires.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2020, 09:32:02 AM »
Gender reveal parties!  When will people ever learn?

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/07/us/california-fire-el-dorado-gender-reveal-trnd/index.html

Gender is evil, I tell ya

Exactly.  This is why we need to abolish the concept of gender.  We can't afford these forest fires.

Some lady got killed by them
https://www.theatlantic.com/family/archive/2019/11/gender-reveal-disasters/601801/

And it's certainly not the first forest fire started because of them! Stupid genders. Before the kid is born they are guilty and have a lot to answer for!

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2020, 12:01:53 PM »
There is other news worth mentioning that isn’t from the US and much more important.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/sep/07/belarus-opposition-leader-maria-kolesnikova-snatched-from-street-in-minsk-reports

I have an idea, start a thread about it!
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2020, 03:36:45 PM »
Is it ok to? It’s not about America and as far as I can tell all non Americans only care about American news.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2020, 03:52:49 PM »
Is it ok to? It’s not about America and as far as I can tell all non Americans only care about American news.

We are intrigued and amused by the silly, stupid and sadly many deranged Americans

https://www.amazon.com.au/Unusually-Stupid-Americans-Compendium-All-American/dp/0812970829

Hell, there's an entire book devoted to stupid Americans lol

You can start a thread dumping on Australia if you want. No one will care probably because it's too 'Normal'.

I'm sure there would be some gems about us to make you laugh. Here's one for your thread

Know your place

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2020, 04:00:23 PM »
Australians have too many deadly critters to deal with.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2020, 06:51:39 PM »
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2020, 03:12:20 AM »
Any updates on the fate of the fly?

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2020, 03:46:54 AM »
Stupid American cops

Mum calls police for help when 13 year old autistic son has an episode. Police come and shoot him

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/us-shooting-ridiculous-reaction-to-mums-call-for-help/news-story/401704486404d82c5abb5c9424bf6175
A worried mother who called police to help her calm down her autistic son from an episode has been left horrified after officers shot him several times.

Golda Barton, from the small town of Glendale in the US state of Utah, was told on the phone that the police would be sending a crisis intervention team to de-escalate the situation using the most minimal force possible.

She told local news she just wanted her 13-year-old son, Linden, transported to the hospital for treatment.

It was the first day Ms Barton had returned to work in almost a year because her son has bad separation anxiety.

When she got back from work she realised something wasn’t right with Linden. He then began to have a breakdown.

She told local news station KUTV that she talked officers through the best way to approach her son.

“I said, he’s unarmed, he doesn’t have anything, he just gets mad and he starts yelling and screaming,” she said. “He’s a kid, he’s trying to get attention, he doesn’t know how to regulate.”

However, what happened when the police arrived couldn’t have been more different.

She said in less than five minutes, she heard “get down on the ground” and then several gunshots. No weapon was found nearby.

Initially Ms Barton thought her son was dead. He survived, but he is in hospital in a serious condition.

You see "Defund the police" doesn't mean to get rid of police. It means utilising money for actual services better equipped to deal with situations like this. So that you dont need to call the police for absolutely everything. It also means Police time and resources are more efficiently spend with actual policing matters

When will Americans learn.....  ::) :-\ ::) ???

Know your place

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2020, 10:40:34 AM »
America...

Lets talk about that suicide video..... FFS. Who live streams shooting themselves in the head and then who puts that footage inside things kids are going to watch. I mean that is simply sick and f'ed up

I'm not going to watch it. I'm not even going to say the guys name. But God damn what a disgrace. Why is shit like this synonymous with America?

To hell with social media. Glad I binned that shit years ago. Feel sorry for kids today exposed to it. It has objectively made society far worse and depressing

Know your place

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2020, 10:46:11 AM »
Here is a picture I think sums up why America is not only morbidly obese, but conditioned to think it's actually normal and not at all a big deal

On second thought, not only do they think these burgers are a big deal, they think they are a great deal!!

Know your place

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2020, 11:15:38 AM »
To hell with social media. Glad I binned that shit years ago. Feel sorry for kids today exposed to it. It has objectively made society far worse and depressing
Check me if I'm wrong, but isn't this forum considered social media?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2020, 11:25:46 AM »

In a way, but I'm talking about the Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc

In this forum, I'm not putting myself out there. I'm not putting up my photo, private information, friend lists etc. I have no connections here.

Know your place

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2020, 01:38:59 PM »

In this forum, I'm not putting myself out there. I'm not putting up my photo, private information, friend lists etc. I have no connections here.
You posted a picture of your bathtub or something and you joined a social group called the Brotherhood of the Dome, so that's a thing

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2020, 01:44:16 PM »

You posted a picture of your bathtub or something and you joined a social group called the Brotherhood of the Dome, so that's a thing

Good point. I concede I am a social media whore then. Good job on the exposé

Know your place

boydster

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2020, 01:46:12 PM »

BUSTED! ;D

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2020, 01:48:05 PM »

BUSTED! ;D

Facepalm Australia  :o

An Australian resident is busted for claiming he does not use social media but internet sleuths discovered he had indeed posted a picture of a bathtub and joined an obscure group going by the name 'Brotherhood of the Dome' in an equally obscure forum called 'The Flat Earth Society'.

Know your place

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2020, 04:05:46 PM »
Here is a picture I think sums up why America is not only morbidly obese, but conditioned to think it's actually normal and not at all a big deal

On second thought, not only do they think these burgers are a big deal, they think they are a great deal!!

Shifter that dude in the bottom pic is not even American. You sound ridiculous with all the ways you down America. The only thing you know about it is what you see on tv or the net. That doesn't make you an expert on America as you seem to think you are.
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

boydster

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2020, 04:06:55 PM »
I'm American and I haven't eaten a single cheeseburger today.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2020, 04:21:49 PM »
I'm American and I haven't eaten a single cheeseburger today.

I'm American and now I want one.