Poll

Pick one "AFTER" read the article

Helsinki  
5 (45.5%)
Moscow
6 (54.5%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Which one further north, Helsinki or Moscow?

• 120 Replies

rvlvr

Re: Which one further north, Helsinki or Moscow?
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2020, 12:39:15 AM »
You need something to explain why Yakutsk is the coldest country in the world. I have it that your maps have not.
https://earther.gizmodo.com/why-the-eastern-corner-of-siberia-is-the-coldest-inhabi-1822160684

Let’s get the obvious out of the way first. Oymyakon is pretty far north, and places in the north get cold in the winter owing to a lack of sunlight. But that alone doesn’t explain it. It’s not even the furthest north point in Siberia, and it sits below the fabled Arctic Circle.

We need some special sauce from the atmosphere. Eastern Siberia is also home to what weather forecasters call the Siberian High, a semi-permanent ridge of high pressure that camps over the region for much of the winter.

[T]he high steers those storms away from eastern Siberia for most of the winter. That means there’s no warm air for the region to draw from. Instead, the high pressure ensures cold, dry air stays on tap, creating a self-reinforcing cycle of deepening chill.

EDIT:

But what makes Oymyakon a unique island of cold in a veritable frozen sea is its geography. Landlocked areas tend to be colder than coastal locations in winter in most parts of the world. And Oymyakon is landlocked in eastern Siberia, the heart of the coldest part of the world. Cut off from storms to the west, it’s also too far from the relatively warm seas to the north and east to get a heat boost.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2020, 12:45:11 AM by rvlvr »

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Only Yang Scholar in The Ying Universe
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2020, 12:45:20 AM »
Wise, look at the links YOU provided. Aeroflot has to fly AROUND Ukraine from Istanbul to Moscow. (It's shown in the link you posted) Do you get it? It takes longer and the distance is greater when you fly AROUND a country to get to your destination as opposed to flying straight OVER the country in your way. How do you not get this?
No, it is not required. Ukraine is in the west than is shown in the map and the map in Turkey is smaller than that real Turkey. On the way from Istanbul to Moscow, one should pass only in a very small place in the east of Ukraine. A small change of route is all it takes to avoid it, not as large as your fake map. How do you not get this?
You said Moscow is 10-20 degrees colder for one. Where is that in your graphs? For two, I just told you why Moscow is colder:

"Given Helsinki's northern latitude one would normally expect colder winter temperatures, but the Baltic Sea and North Atlantic Current have a mitigating effect on the temperatures, keeping them somewhat warmer in the winter, and cooler during the day in the summer."

Can you not read?
You globularists everytime have a scenario made up to change the facts. I hope you don't expect me to believe your stupid arguments.
Again, just whining and no evidence from you. How many times are you going to write, "hypocritial double standard dishonored dishonest childish argument" instead of looking at the facts that everyone can see? It's not "suggested" your map is wrong. It is shown to be with actual facts. Something you seem to be allergic too. When you have some evidence, put it out here instead of the perpetual insults. Facts, Wise, facts. That's what it's all about. Fix your map.
My map is the world's most accurate map. It can not be changed any ways. If it changes, the world's most accurate map never be exist anymore. This never will be happen!

Hence, Fix your own map, so called, supposedly, dishonored, dishonest double standart, crying baby globularist map that numerously proved how its being wrong.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Come on bro, just admit that the the earth isn't a sphere, you won't even be wrong

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2020, 12:47:33 AM »
You need something to explain why Yakutsk is the coldest country in the world. I have it that your maps have not.
https://earther.gizmodo.com/why-the-eastern-corner-of-siberia-is-the-coldest-inhabi-1822160684

Let’s get the obvious out of the way first. Oymyakon is pretty far north, and places in the north get cold in the winter owing to a lack of sunlight. But that alone doesn’t explain it. It’s not even the furthest north point in Siberia, and it sits below the fabled Arctic Circle.

We need some special sauce from the atmosphere. Eastern Siberia is also home to what weather forecasters call the Siberian High, a semi-permanent ridge of high pressure that camps over the region for much of the winter.

[T]he high steers those storms away from eastern Siberia for most of the winter. That means there’s no warm air for the region to draw from. Instead, the high pressure ensures cold, dry air stays on tap, creating a self-reinforcing cycle of deepening chill.

EDIT:

But what makes Oymyakon a unique island of cold in a veritable frozen sea is its geography. Landlocked areas tend to be colder than coastal locations in winter in most parts of the world. And Oymyakon is landlocked in eastern Siberia, the heart of the coldest part of the world. Cut off from storms to the west, it’s also too far from the relatively warm seas to the north and east to get a heat boost.
While you were writing this, I suddenly imagined myself reading Guliver's adventure. There is an adventure everytime you can make up. Good story bro, but not convincing.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Come on bro, just admit that the the earth isn't a sphere, you won't even be wrong

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2020, 12:58:01 AM »
Wise, look at the links YOU provided. Aeroflot has to fly AROUND Ukraine from Istanbul to Moscow. (It's shown in the link you posted) Do you get it? It takes longer and the distance is greater when you fly AROUND a country to get to your destination as opposed to flying straight OVER the country in your way. How do you not get this?
No, it is not required. Ukraine is in the west than is shown in the map and the map in Turkey is smaller than that real Turkey. On the way from Istanbul to Moscow, one should pass only in a very small place in the east of Ukraine. A small change of route is all it takes to avoid it, not as large as your fake map. How do you not get this?

Wait, so the flight times on your link are correct, but the distances and maps are wrong? What makes you say one piece of data is right but the others aren't. From the same link?
And are you saying that pilots are secretly using your map? Because if they aren't, how do they ever get to their destinations?

You said Moscow is 10-20 degrees colder for one. Where is that in your graphs? For two, I just told you why Moscow is colder:

"Given Helsinki's northern latitude one would normally expect colder winter temperatures, but the Baltic Sea and North Atlantic Current have a mitigating effect on the temperatures, keeping them somewhat warmer in the winter, and cooler during the day in the summer."

Can you not read?
You globularists everytime have a scenario made up to change the facts. I hope you don't expect me to believe your stupid arguments.

What facts have been changed? The fact that, "Given Helsinki's northern latitude one would normally expect colder winter temperatures, but the Baltic Sea and North Atlantic Current have a mitigating effect on the temperatures, keeping them somewhat warmer in the winter, and cooler during the day in the summer."?

What facts do you have?

Again, just whining and no evidence from you. How many times are you going to write, "hypocritial double standard dishonored dishonest childish argument" instead of looking at the facts that everyone can see? It's not "suggested" your map is wrong. It is shown to be with actual facts. Something you seem to be allergic too. When you have some evidence, put it out here instead of the perpetual insults. Facts, Wise, facts. That's what it's all about. Fix your map.
My map is the world's most accurate map. It can not be changed any ways. If it changes, the world's most accurate map never be exist anymore. This never will be happen!

Your map is used by no one on the planet. Yet people and goods all over the world get to where they need to get to everyday, 365. How can that be if literally no one is using your map?

Hence, Fix your own map, so called, supposedly, dishonored, dishonest double standart, crying baby globularist map that numerously proved how its being wrong.

Like I said, people and goods all over the world get to where they need to get to everyday, 365. With ease and accuracy. And no one is using your map. Explain how that can be?

JackBlack

« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2020, 01:08:20 AM »
You further rejecting reality to try to defend your wilful rejection of reality doesn't actually defend it.
Why should we believe this baseless claim of yours to try to back up your previous baseless claim?

More importantly, if that deviation was so small, WHY THE MASSIVE DIFFERENCE IN FLIGHT TIMES?
Why does one flight, allegedly a ~direct path between the 2 cities take 2-2.5 hours, while the other which according to your baseless claim should only require a slight deviation, take 3.5-4 hours? Almost twice as long.

Could it be that you are completely wrong, and that not flying over Ukraine is a significant deviation adding a lot more time and making that non-direct flight useless for determining which is further north?

Again, why should we ignore the much shorter and more direct route with a shorter time?
Is it just because it shows your map to be wrong, or at the very least shows that your methodology must be wrong?

My map is the world's most accurate map. It can not be changed any ways.
No, it isn't.
It is quite clearly incorrect as you place Helsinki south of Moscow, when the available evidence shows that is not the case.
It is not the worlds most accurate map and you refusal to update it shows you do not care about the truth nor having your map actually match reality.

We have no reason to fix the globe map as you are yet to demonstrate a problem with it.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2020, 01:08:35 AM »
Wait, so the flight times on your link are correct, but the distances and maps are wrong? What makes you say one piece of data is right but the others aren't. From the same link?
And are you saying that pilots are secretly using your map? Because if they aren't, how do they ever get to their destinations?
I am keep telling the I am using the flight times and don't get the distances on flight websites for years. You are seemingly not worked to your lesson. Flight times depend on the reality, and flight distance depends on globularist map. They are using "about" a straight line by calling it as "great circle". Actually that circle mostly makes the route a straight line if made true.
What facts have been changed? The fact that, "Given Helsinki's northern latitude one would normally expect colder winter temperatures, but the Baltic Sea and North Atlantic Current have a mitigating effect on the temperatures, keeping them somewhat warmer in the winter, and cooler during the day in the summer."?

What facts do you have?
As I said before, there is always a scenario that can be made up. For example, jetscreams affect when traveling from west to east, for example when traveling from Australia to Santiago no one needs to shoot video, for example when all the rockets are going south but not going straight, this is because they are all somewhere in Africa.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2020, 01:12:19 AM »
I am keep telling the I am using the flight times and don't get the distances on flight websites for years. You are seemingly not worked to your lesson. Flight times depend on the reality, and flight distance depends on globularist map. They are using "about" a straight line by calling it as "great circle". Actually that circle mostly makes the route a straight line if made true.

What facts do you have?
As I said before, there is always a scenario that can be made up. For example, jetscreams affect when traveling from west to east, for example when traveling from Australia to Santiago no one needs to shoot video, for example when all the rockets are going south but not going straight, this is because they are all somewhere in Africa.

You didn't answer my question:

Your map is used by no one on the planet. Yet people and goods all over the world get to where they need to get to everyday, 365. How can that be if literally no one is using your map?

JackBlack

« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2020, 01:23:26 AM »
I am keep telling the I am using the flight times
And as I keep showing, you are ignoring a flight time that shows you are wrong.
WHY?
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/AFL2132/history/20200904/1115Z/UUEE/LTFM
Why is this flight shorter than the flight to Helsinki?
Does that mean that Moscow is closer and thus further south?

Why do you continue to this flight that shows you are wrong?
Why do you continue to cling to this refuted methodology which CANNOT show which is further north?
Why do you continue to ignore the method which actually can tell?

Is it because not ignoring them would mean accepting your map is wrong?

rvlvr

« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2020, 01:42:19 AM »
While you were writing this, I suddenly imagined myself reading Guliver's adventure. There is an adventure everytime you can make up. Good story bro, but not convincing.
You lacking knowledge in several fields does not make things untrue, nor does it make what you claim hold any water.

Dunning-Kruger effect has been brought up many times, for a good reason.

rvlvr

« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2020, 01:45:53 AM »
Looking at my map globalists see that Moscow is farther north than Helsinki, and they claim it is a mistake. It is here:

On this digital flat earth map I use, we see that Moscow is 600 kilometers north of Helsinki.

But as we know well, Helsinki is located in the north in the global map. Here it is:

Both can not be true. One of them must be wrong.
Smart money is on you being wrong, to answer the original question.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2020, 04:51:55 AM »
Okay then. I want to give you another examples. But the problem here, there is almost always Ukraina to middle of the road. Then, I have chose cities north of Ukrain.

Minsk, Belarus.

Links: https://flightaware.com/live/flight/BYS434/history/20200907/0658Z/UUEE/UMMS
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/BRU858/history/20200904/1345Z/EFHK/UMMS

The distance shown on flight map tells the distance of Helsinki is further.

Moscow - Minsk: 423 mi. (actual 399 mi)
Helsinki- Minsk: 459 mi. (actual 501 mi)

As we see that, Helsinki is so far to Minsk, compared to Moscow.

But if we look at flight times:

Minsk-Moscow: 1:35-1:55 hours arrival time;
Minsk-Helsinki: 1:08-1:24 hours.

We clearly see that Helsinki is closer to Minsk than Moscow.

Yes, now, I am ready to listen your lying arguments.  ;D
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2020, 04:53:05 AM »

What facts do you have?

Don't ask me for others in a simulation world. Simply I don't care.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

rvlvr

« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2020, 05:02:39 AM »
https://www.distance.to/Moscow,RUS/Minsk,BLR

Distance: 419.63 mi (675.33 km)
Driving route: 445.65 mi (717.21 km)

https://www.distance.to/Helsinki,FIN/Minsk,BLR

Distance: 444.38 mi (715.16 km)
Driving route: 545.54 mi (877.96 km)

What do you think of those? Especially when it comes to driving?

JackBlack

« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2020, 05:05:32 AM »
Okay then. I want to give you another examples. But the problem here, there is almost always Ukraina to middle of the road. Then, I have chose cities north of Ukrain.
No, there is a much simpler solution.
Stop using the horribly flawed method of flight times.

And just ignoring that doesn't magically negate the more direct you have been provided with.
Why do you continue to ignore that route?

Minsk, Belarus.
Now you have one flight going basically west while the other goes north.
Not useful for determining which one is further north.

We see that planes do not magically all travel at the same speed.

Good, then explain the argument raised right at the start.
Why does Helsinki receive more daylight hours than Moscow during their summer and less during their winter?

rvlvr

« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2020, 05:13:24 AM »
Why does Helsinki receive more daylight hours than Moscow during their summer and less during their winter?
Doesn't the light bend? Something like that?

?

frenat

« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2020, 06:02:53 AM »
Wise lives in a fantasy world where he writes the rules and so the truth and what is real is defined by what he believes. That way he can never be wrong.

Meanwhile the rest of us live in a different reality. fakery
Corrected for you. It is not rest of the people. It is just a group of hired globularists.
You have no evidence anyone is hired to oppose you. Without evidence it is just a paranoid lie.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2020, 07:10:45 AM »
Wise lives in a fantasy world where he writes the rules and so the truth and what is real is defined by what he believes. That way he can never be wrong.

Corrected for you. It is not rest of the people. It is just a group of hired globularists.
You have no evidence anyone is hired to oppose you. Without evidence it is just a paranoid lie.
Your existance is an evidence. With this evidence number of globularists being here more than real earthers either because of they are hired or is a paranoid behave.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

?

frenat

« Reply #47 on: September 07, 2020, 07:18:12 AM »

Your existance is an evidence. With this evidence number of globularists being here more than real earthers either because of they are hired or is a paranoid behave.
Still not evidence. Just your opinion. I can't speak for others but I'm here because you're entertaining. I have not ever, nor am I now, paid or in any way compensated to post here or anywhere else.  Again, you have no evidence anyone is paid to oppose you so it is just a lie. Thanks for the humor!
« Last Edit: September 07, 2020, 07:24:37 AM by frenat »

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #48 on: September 07, 2020, 07:19:47 AM »
No, there is a much simpler solution.
Stop using the horribly flawed method of flight times.
It is not better. The best method is using flight times.
And just ignoring that doesn't magically negate the more direct you have been provided with.
Why do you continue to ignore that route?
Which route? Your claim a route does not make a route exist. I am not ignoring anything. Cut silly arguments.
Now you have one flight going basically west while the other goes north.
Not useful for determining which one is further north.
It works which one closer. Moscow simply further and it makes it further north.
We see that planes do not magically all travel at the same speed.
You see nothing because your arguments are ignorant about flight times. Simimar type of aircrafts have similar speed on the air, route being short or long affect it. However, a same type of an airplane goes in same speed if they use similar lenght routes. Learn and leave the ignorant arguments.
Good, then explain the argument raised right at the start.
I do not have to explain all the stupid arguments raised by you especially.
It is a claim need to be proven. Your claiming Helsinki receive more daylight hours than Moscow does not make it magically true. You need to prove it is so. Then I can try why it is so.

Again, stop dishonored hypocrital arguments with extaordinary dishonesty.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #49 on: September 07, 2020, 07:23:21 AM »
Still not evidence. Just your opinion. I can't speak for others but I'm here because you're entertaining. I have not ever, nor am I now, paid or in any way compensated to post here or anywhere else.  Again, you have no evidence anyone is paid to oppose you so it is just a lie.
Guess I am not entertaining. If I were fun, for this fun to continue, you should support me and not side with the globalists who attack like a herd of hyenas whose per of them tries to  tear off any piece of me. Again, this is an evidence you globularists are using lying arguments. These are evidence, but I did not say they are proof. There is a difference between evidence and proof. If you do not know, ask it to your masters via PM.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #50 on: September 07, 2020, 07:24:24 AM »
Doesn't the light bend? Something like that?
Nope. Manipulation and missleading sunlight statistics. Did you verify it via using online city cams?
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

?

frenat

« Reply #51 on: September 07, 2020, 07:26:23 AM »
Still not evidence. Just your opinion. I can't speak for others but I'm here because you're entertaining. I have not ever, nor am I now, paid or in any way compensated to post here or anywhere else.  Again, you have no evidence anyone is paid to oppose you so it is just a lie.
Guess I am not entertaining. If I were fun, for this fun to continue, you should support me and not side with the globalists who attack like a herd of hyenas whose per of them tries to  tear off any piece of me. Again, this is an evidence you globularists are using lying arguments. These are evidence, but I did not say they are proof. There is a difference between evidence and proof. If you do not know, ask it to your masters via PM.
Your ramblings are entertaining. Your lies about the motivations of others is not. I don't have to support your misconceptions and lies to find your antics entertaining. And I didn't say anything about proof. I said quite clearly that you had no evidence. And you still don't, just your paranoid opinion.

rvlvr

« Reply #52 on: September 07, 2020, 07:59:23 AM »
Nope. Manipulation and missleading sunlight statistics. Did you verify it via using online city cams?
Till now it has never occurred to me one would question Helsinki being more North than Moscow. So no, have not looked at any online city cams.

But I can tell you the sun is still shining in Helsinki while I am typing this.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2020, 08:02:35 AM by rvlvr »

rvlvr

« Reply #53 on: September 07, 2020, 08:36:27 AM »
Internetses tell me the Sun will set at 20:05 today in Helsinki, while in Moscow the same happens at 19:07. Let’s see if they are lying.

I can handle Helsinki. Is there anyone from Moscow here?

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #54 on: September 07, 2020, 09:02:31 AM »

Minsk, Belarus.

Links: https://flightaware.com/live/flight/BYS434/history/20200907/0658Z/UUEE/UMMS
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/BRU858/history/20200904/1345Z/EFHK/UMMS

The distance shown on flight map tells the distance of Helsinki is further.

Moscow - Minsk: 423 mi. (actual 399 mi)
Helsinki- Minsk: 459 mi. (actual 501 mi)

As we see that, Helsinki is so far to Minsk, compared to Moscow.

Minsk-Moscow: 1:35-1:55 hours arrival time;
Minsk-Helsinki: 1:08-1:24 hours.

We clearly see that Helsinki is closer to Minsk than Moscow.

What's the speed of each aircraft? Look at your links. Yet another reason why your methodology is terrible.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #55 on: September 07, 2020, 09:03:51 AM »

What facts do you have?

Don't ask me for others in a simulation world. Simply I don't care.

I didn't ask whether you care or not. Show some logic and answer a very simple question: Your map is used by no one on the planet. Yet people and goods all over the world get to where they need to get to everyday, 365. How can that be if literally no one is using your map?

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #56 on: September 07, 2020, 09:40:59 AM »
Asking which way is north is asking which way is down. My down may not be your down. Also 'North' is just called that because the picture of the global earth looks more aesthetically pleasing than this

When / if the poles flip are people really going to accept a compass with S at the top? (well given a flip can take thousands of year I'm sure we'll have time to get used to the idea)

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

rvlvr

« Reply #57 on: September 07, 2020, 09:41:38 AM »
Internetses tell me the Sun will set at 20:05 today in Helsinki, while in Moscow the same happens at 19:07. Let’s see if they are lying.

I can handle Helsinki. Is there anyone from Moscow here?
Getting lower, but there’s still light.

rvlvr

« Reply #58 on: September 07, 2020, 09:44:32 AM »
When / if the poles flip are people really going to accept a compass with S at the top? (well given a flip can take thousands of year I'm sure we'll have time to get used to the idea)
Tolkien’s dwarves have East up where we have North, for example.

« Reply #59 on: September 07, 2020, 09:44:37 AM »
My map is the world's most accurate map.

Where did you get the data from to create your most accurate map'.  Again it is not a map in actual fact.  Rather it is just some concentric circles with names of places dotted around them. 

Every map needs positional data in order to produce it.  Where is your data source?