Photon Satelite

• 37 Replies

JJA

• Math is math!
Photon Satelite
« on: September 04, 2020, 06:10:08 AM »
https://www.space.com/rocket-lab-launches-first-photon-satellite.html

One more private company to put their own satellites into orbit.

You can buy launches to Venus too, I wonder how much that costs.

Venus needs more love, it's such a crazy planet. Maybe I should start a crowdfunding campaign to drop a GoPro on a a parachute to see how long it lasts before the acid and heat destroys it. Think that would void the warranty? :)

Heiwa

• I have been around a long time.
Re: Photon Satelite
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2020, 11:20:22 AM »
https://www.space.com/rocket-lab-launches-first-photon-satellite.html

One more private company to put their own satellites into orbit.

You can buy launches to Venus too, I wonder how much that costs.

Venus needs more love, it's such a crazy planet. Maybe I should start a crowdfunding campaign to drop a GoPro on a a parachute to see how long it lasts before the acid and heat destroys it. Think that would void the warranty? :)

Fantastic! So Rocket Lab CEO Beck says he can send his spacecraft to the Moon. I just wonder how. I'll pay him €1M if he will just tell me how. http://heiwaco.com/chall.htm .

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2020, 12:05:18 PM »
Fantastic! So Rocket Lab CEO Beck says he can send his spacecraft to the Moon. I just wonder how. I'll pay him €1M if he will just tell me how.

You keep on wondering, you'll get there, buddy!

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2020, 12:53:29 PM »
Fantastic! So Rocket Lab CEO Beck says he can send his spacecraft to the Moon. I just wonder how. I'll pay him €1M if he will just tell me how.
Sorry Anders, but it's going to cost you closer to €10M to get your cubesat to the moon.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2020, 12:55:29 PM by markjo »
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2020, 03:10:04 PM »

So Rocket Lab CEO Beck says he can send his spacecraft to the Moon. I just wonder how.

catapult. 

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2020, 04:06:16 PM »

So Rocket Lab CEO Beck says he can send his spacecraft to the Moon. I just wonder how.

catapult.

That's dumb, a catapult doesn't have anywhere near the power to launch something to the moon.  ::)

You need to use a trebuchet.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2020, 05:17:51 PM »

catapult.

That's dumb, a catapult doesn't:
 have anywhere near the power to launch something to the moon.  ::)

Or a really big gun: http://www.astronautix.com/g/gun-launched.html

Heiwa

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2020, 06:32:36 PM »

catapult.

No, too little force to overcome gravity, so he will drop back and crash. Only way to travel is to high speed orbit Earth and that is one-way only.

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2020, 04:03:45 AM »

catapult.

That's dumb, a catapult doesn't have anywhere near the power to launch something to the moon.  ::)

Don't want to be pedantic* but a trebuchet is a catapult.

*obviously I do
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2020, 04:12:13 AM »

catapult.

Don't want to be pedantic* but a trebuchet is a catapult.

In my eagerness to debate this very fact filled, serious and totally scientific debate backed by research and evidence, I may have failed to consider the full meanings of the words I had chosen to use.

I am deeply shamed at my carelessness. Could I be wrong in other areas too?

I am now re-evaluating my entire worldview... just a moment.

Processing.

Processing..

Processing...

Nah.

Space travel is still real.  ;D

Heiwa

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2020, 10:43:18 PM »
Topic is Rocket Lab that isn't just a launch provider anymore. The California-based company now has a spacecraft in Earth orbit — the first of its Photon satellite line, which is designed to tote customer payloads to a variety of destinations, including the moon and Venus, we are told - see post #1.

Sending objects into Earth orbits to a variety of destinations, including the moon and Venus have been done for more than 50 years. Question remains who will pay Rocket Lab today for it. Any ideas?

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2020, 10:46:47 PM »

Question remains who will pay Rocket Lab today for it. Any ideas?

Venezuela.

Heiwa

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2020, 02:39:39 AM »

Venezuela.
No! Venezuela has no moon or Venus plans.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2020, 02:42:46 AM »

Venezuela.

Kazakhstan.

Heiwa

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2020, 04:55:43 AM »

Venezuela.

Kazakhstan.
No, most Russian space flights starts from Kazakhstan since more than 50 years. They are all one-way orbits.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2020, 05:04:11 AM »

Venezuela.

Kazakhstan.
No, most Russian space flights starts from Kazakhstan since more than 50 years. They are all one-way orbits.

Now I'm imagining Cohen interviewing Heiwa. Maybe we should try and introduce them? I can't even imagine the hilarity that would ensue. ;D

« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2020, 06:58:21 AM »
Lemuria
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2020, 07:59:00 AM »
People who can't afford to pay Arinespace to launch their payloads.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2020, 08:03:52 PM »

Venezuela.

Kazakhstan.
Red caught the whole process from the ground. Better luck next time.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

Heiwa

« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2020, 09:58:20 PM »

Venezuela.

Kazakhstan.

Nothing new. A rocket takes off and disappears among the clouds. There are plenty films of such things since >60 years. What is new is footage of a rocket landing. That footage is false. Rockets cannot land. And only fools believe it is the same rocket. And who is behind this show? Lone Skum! CEO of SpaceBullshitX. Divorced father of five sons! Explains it all.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2020, 11:28:23 PM by Heiwa »

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2020, 11:00:34 PM »
*yawn*

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2020, 04:01:34 AM »
Nothing new. A rocket takes off and disappears among the clouds. There are plenty films of such things since >60 years. What is new is footage of a rocket landing. That footage is false. Rockets cannot land. And only fools believe it is the same rocket. And who is behind this show? Lone Skum! CEO of SpaceBullshitX. Divorced father of five sons! Explains it all.

He's divorced so all space travel throughout history is fake.  Another brilliant conspiracy theory.  Ever think of joining QAnon or the Trump administration?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2020, 06:34:12 AM »

Actually, that doesn't explain anything.  Perhaps "explain" means something different to you than it does to every one else.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2020, 06:43:48 AM »

Venezuela.

Kazakhstan.

If you bothered to watch the video you would have seen the rocket didn’t disappear this time. He was able to record the whole process.

The crowd disagrees with your claim it’s fake. Quite pathetic to call something fake when it was seen by so many.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2020, 06:46:03 AM by sokarul »
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

Heiwa

« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2020, 07:51:14 AM »

Venezuela.

Kazakhstan.

If you bothered to watch the video you would have seen the rocket didn’t disappear this time. He was able to record the whole process.

The crowd disagrees with your claim it’s fake. Quite pathetic to call something fake when it was seen by so many.
I just watched a video with a rocket lifting off and disappearing into the sky to reach high altitude. Then something drops down from the sky and lands.
Lone Musk suggests it is the same rocket. Musk says he is divorced after his wife produced five sons with him. I don't believe anything of what he is saying.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2020, 08:07:24 AM »
I just watched a video with a rocket lifting off and disappearing into the sky to reach high altitude. Then something drops down from the sky and lands.
Lone Musk suggests it is the same rocket. Musk says he is divorced after his wife produced five sons with him. I don't believe anything of what he is saying.

Luckily physics doesn't care about someone who thinks getting a divorce causes all rockets in the history of spaceflight to be fake.

You don't UNDERSTAND anything is the problem.

You are legit insane dude. ;D

Heiwa

« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2020, 09:44:04 AM »

Luckily physics doesn't care about someone who thinks getting a divorce causes all rockets in the history of spaceflight to be fake.

You don't UNDERSTAND anything is the problem.

You are legit insane dude. ;D

Whatever. I am divorced once and I have three daughters, etc. We meet regularily. But what about the divorced SpaceX CEO with five sons. Does he meet them? Does he know their names. Or is he too busy sending people to Mars?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2020, 09:53:55 AM »
Lone Musk suggests it is the same rocket.
The person who filmed the rocket taking off and landing suggests that it's the same rocket too.  So do the people who watched the event from start to finish.  Who are you to tell them that they're wrong?

Musk says he is divorced after his wife produced five sons with him. I don't believe anything of what he is saying.
That's alright, nobody believes anything of what you're saying either.

Heiwa

« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2020, 09:34:17 PM »
Lone Musk suggests it is the same rocket.
The person who filmed the rocket taking off and landing suggests that it's the same rocket too.  So do the people who watched the event from start to finish.  Who are you to tell them that they're wrong?

Musk says he is divorced after his wife produced five sons with him. I don't believe anything of what he is saying.
That's alright, nobody believes anything of what you're saying either.
False photos, films, etc, are part of many manipulations incl. rocket landings - http://heiwaco.com/moontravele.htm . I am disappointed that divorced father with five sons, Mr. Lone Skum, CEO SpaceBS, is still around.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2020, 05:03:33 AM »
Whatever. I am divorced once and I have three daughters, etc.

I am disappointed that divorced father with five sons, Mr. Lone Skum, CEO SpaceBS, is still around.

So what is the limit for the number of sons one is allowed to have and get a divorce?

You have three sons and thats ok, but five is over the line?  Who makes these rules?

What the heck does how many divorces and sons you have do with space travel?  If Elon only had four sons, would space travel be real?

You are certified.