Popular FE model

• 4 Replies
Popular FE model
« on: August 29, 2020, 01:16:35 AM »
Hey

I understand there is not a definite FE model, but i was wondering what the most popular model is:

- Earth is a disc
- Earth sits on a infinite plane

Are there other major models?
Can anyone estimate the https aka ms remoteconnect popularity of these views (eg 90% disc, 10% infinite plane). Has anyone ever polled this? If not, seems like a good candidate question...

Thanks in advance
« Last Edit: October 01, 2020, 09:44:34 PM by jrjong »

sandokhan

• Flat Earth Sultan
  • Flat Earth Scientist
Re: Popular FE model
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2020, 01:43:25 AM »
Flat earth theory is a subset of ether theory and the of new radical chronology of history. Since most FE are atheists, they do not accept the stationary disk model which is covered by a dome. That is why they have put forth alternatives: UA (universal acceleration), where the Earth is moving upwards at a certain speed, and the IP (infinite plane) conjecture. As soon as these two hypotheses are brought up in a debate, their conceptual weaknesses become clear very fast. FE needs ether theory in order to function properly.

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2020, 03:38:24 AM »
Since most FE are atheists, they do not accept the stationary disk model which is covered by a dome.

Realy? Most of flat earthers i know are  hardcore belivers...

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2020, 08:02:25 AM »
Since most FE are atheists, they do not accept the stationary disk model which is covered by a dome.

Realy? Most of flat earthers i know are  hardcore belivers...

The FES has always had lots of atheist flat earthers. Also, this is Q&A, if you want to have a religion discussion start a new thread in General or Debate.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2020, 09:57:17 AM »
There is also a non-euclidean model as well.

It is only recently that the religious believers have shown up again, and in all honesty their views have not really had the benefit of being tested with time and proper review like ours have. Some of them are outright hilarious.
The illusion is shattered if we ask what goes on behind the scenes.