Tinder sucks

• 79 Replies

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
  • Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crime
Tinder sucks
« on: August 13, 2020, 12:49:42 PM »
So a friend girl of mine basically forced me to install that tinder thing.
Simultaneously, another friend (female) installed it aswell.

We both did some random swiping, and we both had basically no infos and semi-decent pics on our profiles.
She got instantely like 10+ matches and 5 guys writing her. I got like 3 matches, noone writing first.

Like, wtf is this shit? But I guess this is what happens when you consider that males are just way hornier on average compared to women.

But to be fair, if you're searching for a relationship, it's probably equally hard for men as it is for women.

-rant over-
Quote from: croutons, the s.o.w.
You have received a warning for breaking the laws of mathematics.

Member of the BOTD

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
Re: Tinder sucks
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2020, 12:58:11 PM »

. . . it's probably equally hard for men as it is for women.

There's a joke in there somewhere . . .   ;D

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2020, 01:04:40 PM »
Maybe the other girl is hot and you're not?

I trolled a dating site once. I did a profile and made myself out to be a good catch. No one was interested

Then I changed it up and made myself look like a misogynistic bastard. People got interested!

Girls want a man who smokes, drinks, is sexist and is a 'bad boy'. It reeks of confidence and ability

A guy who can offer love, security and companionship is classed as boring.

You need a profile picture that has you looking wasted with a durry in your mouth. Have an unflushed open toilet with loo roll littered on the floor if you can. That should help get the ladies. No promises on the quality of your catch though but beggars cant be choosers

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2020, 01:08:27 PM »
Maybe the other girl is hot and you're not?
I'd say we're playing in a similar league. Objectively, she might be a little bit hotter but I was using better pics, so I'd say we were on about the same number.

It is nothing new that as a woman, you get a shitload of matches even if you were quite ugly...
Still, it's kind of depressing for us men >:( :'(

Member of the BOTD

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2020, 01:29:38 PM »
That's just the reality of online dating in general.  Men sort of carpet bomb everything. Women have to weed through all that.  Sort of makes it hard to get through to someone.

Women have a different set of problems.  Mostly amounting to low quality communications from men.  And dick picks.  So many dick picks.  If you're a woman on a dating website then you're going to get a lot of dick picks.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2020, 01:33:14 PM »

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2020, 01:34:41 PM »
Yeah I'd get more matches, but not more potential partners  ;D

Member of the BOTD

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2020, 02:43:47 PM »

If you're looking for a partner on Tinder you're looking in the wrong place.

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2020, 02:46:04 PM »

If you're looking for a partner on Tinder you're looking in the wrong place.
I know a couple of people who found their partner on there.
Its not easy to find somebody during the corone times tbh.

Member of the BOTD

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2020, 03:32:16 PM »
You could always identify as a lesbian.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

?

Jamie

• Retired
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2020, 04:36:45 PM »
I met my partner on Tinder.

It's a mixed-bag. You win some; you lose some.
"Conspiracy theorists actually believe in the conspiracy because that is more comforting." - Alan Moore

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2020, 08:27:19 PM »
No there is plentyoffish
The the universe has no obligation to makes sense to you.
The earth is a globe.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2020, 08:51:44 PM »
We both did some random swiping, and we both had basically no infos and semi-decent pics on our profiles.
She got instantely like 10+ matches and 5 guys writing her. I got like 3 matches, noone writing first.

Like, wtf is this shit? But I guess this is what happens when you consider that males are just way hornier on average compared to women.

Or, when you consider the male to female ratio of Tinder users:
In the US, Tinder users skew heavily male. As of December 2019 it was estimated that 78.1% of Tinder users were male, compared to 21.9% female, according to stats published on Statista.

In the UK, it was estimated by Ogury that 85% of the online dating market was male, as of April 2019. This imbalance was even more pronounced among Tinder users, for which the ratio was 9:1 in favour of male users.

It seems that even the ugly women on Tinder can afford to be picky.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2020, 12:13:20 AM »
I've already heard quite a few stories from couples who met on tinder. But for me, it is rather a seldom coincidence. I mean of course there is always a chance that you meet THE one but I think the setting is not ideal to find the perfect partner. For most of the people tinder serves a different kind of purpose. So it's probably better to not have any expectations.

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2020, 12:21:01 AM »
You could always identify as a lesbian.
I think I'll do that.

Member of the BOTD

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2020, 12:23:12 AM »
Also I have 6 matches or so right now, but I totally don't feel like writing to anyone  ;D

Member of the BOTD

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2020, 01:22:27 AM »
Also I have 6 matches or so right now, but I totally don't feel like writing to anyone  ;D

Same, it's kinda exhausting and also I really don't like small talk :D

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2020, 01:28:31 AM »

Same, it's kinda exhausting and also I really don't like small talk :D
Yeah, like the whole early-dating and get-to-know-each-other phase annoys me  :-\

Member of the BOTD

Bom Tishop

• Official friend boy of the FES!!
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2020, 01:44:25 AM »
To males...

You wanna win, play the long game. Sure in highschool women have the upper hand. However as time passes, the table turns.

Get into your mid to upper 30s, many males have let themselves go and their laziness with their lives have come into play. No future financially or personally...it's fine when you are in your teens or even 20s because "there is still time" in the female line of thinking. However, mid to upper 30s that layer of forgiveness has worn off...you don't have your shit together by then AND you are not physically maintained...welp sorry sir.

However, if you do, you have leveled the playing field by more than half.

The playing field continues to play in favor by a factor of 2 as the years go by for the males that stay in shape and have a future financially and mentally. This happens simply by supply and demand....the polar opposite of highschool where women hold the power. Instead these increasingly rare males are far outnumbered by seeking females. You are now the female on tender...

As years pass and you continue with staying in shape physically / mentally / financially especially in your early 60s your will be in highschool but reverse. You will hold all the power, as it will be about 25 percent male vs 75 percent female. The ultimate long game....

This message is brought to you in part by Mosaic beer and vodka, though it does not remove the truth from the message.

Take care of yourself guys!
Quote from: Bom Tishop
LordDave is quite alright even for a bleeding heart liberal. Godspeed good sir

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2020, 01:54:36 AM »
To males...

You wanna win, play the long game. Sure in highschool women have the upper hand. However as time passes, the table turns.

Get into your mid to upper 30s, many males have let themselves go and their laziness with their lives have come into play. No future financially or personally...it's fine when you are in your teens or even 20s because "there is still time" in the female line of thinking. However, mid to upper 30s that layer of forgiveness has worn off...you don't have your shit together by then AND you are not physically maintained...welp sorry sir.

The playing field continues to play in favor by a factor of 2 as the years go by for the males that stay in shape and have a future financially and mentally. This happens simply by supply and demand....the polar opposite of highschool where women hold the power. Instead these increasingly rare males are far outnumbered by seeking females. You are now the female on tender...

As years pass and you continue with staying in shape physically / mentally / financially especially in your early 60s your will be in highschool but reverse. You will hold all the power, as it will be about 25 percent male vs 75 percent female. The ultimate long game....

This message is brought to you in part by Mosaic beer and vodka, though it does not remove the truth from the message.

I think you're not wrong, but I don't plan to stay single until my mid or upper 30s  ;D

Even though I am approximately 10 years below that age, I do already notice that many guys my age start to get out of shape and become lazy/get a prosperity belly. But there's still a decent amount of very fit guys.
As for myself, I do think I have never been fitter than  I am now, and I plan to continue this route  ;)

Are you still together with your girl? How did you meet her?

Member of the BOTD

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2020, 02:12:06 AM »
To males...

I think you're not wrong, but I don't plan to stay single until my mid or upper 30s  ;D

Even though I am approximately 10 years below that age, I do already notice that many guys my age start to get out of shape and become lazy/get a prosperity belly. But there's still a decent amount of very fit guys.
As for myself, I do think I have never been fitter than  I am now, and I plan to continue this route  ;)

Are you still together with your girl? How did you meet her?

Broaden your horizons. Look over the border to Norway. Over there you have a hell of a lot of piss head mead drinking losers like our forum member Symptom lol  >:D

Know your place

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2020, 02:14:16 AM »
Broaden your horizons. Look over the border to Norway. Over there you have a hell of a lot of piss head mead drinking losers like our forum member Symptom lol  >:D
Yeah but let's be honest, nobody would want to date the female version of symptom  ;D
(and they are all the some over there ein norway, except some are even worse than symptom!)

Member of the BOTD

Bom Tishop

• Official friend boy of the FES!!
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2020, 02:28:19 AM »
Yes, there are terrible females obviously (unfortunately more terrible than those worth the time of day)... however, I am directing my reply to males.

It's not all looks, not even the majority. As long as you are presentable with your appearance, stay in decent shape...but combine that with mentality, personality, financially (don't have to be rich, but successful in your own area and pushing for more) and many other traits.... You will win even in your mid 20s. With the curve increasing with age.

You can even compete with and defeat the "hottest" of guys at that point. Guys who only check one box of "being sexy" are used for temp rebounds and drunk tomfoolery, but thrown away for quality men ( or kept by dumbass women who attempt fix up a lime, a quality make would not want them anyways)....

Though even shit males who push only on looks are defeated easily by males with the total package, especially as the age increases. Not to mention, the one trick pony "hot males" are typically fat and losing their only asset in the 30s anyways.

Not different than the hot cheerleader who is 60 pounds over weight with 4 children and no future in their 30s
Quote from: Bom Tishop
LordDave is quite alright even for a bleeding heart liberal. Godspeed good sir

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2020, 02:46:39 AM »
Not different than the hot cheerleader who is 60 pounds over weight with 4 children and no future in their 30s

LOL this

Always check the mother out. If she's still looking fine in her 50s and 60s you know you're on a winner

If the mum has horrid obesity, thinning grey hair and suffers from diabetes and looks like she fell out of a tree and hit every branch on the way down, then it doesn't matter how gorgeous the daughter is. That is a mirror into the future

If the daughter is ugly but the mother is hot then either shes adopted or the ugly duckling will turn into the beautiful swan. Always that chance

But seriously, the first and foremost trait you should be after is whether she has a nice personality that you get on with. Anything else such as good looks is irrelevant to a future long term partner. If you cant get on with each other than its either going to be an unhappy life or you split up anyway

They key is not to change who you are to get a girl to like you. The right girl will like you for who you are. If you're on the Tinder (I've never used it so not sure how it works other than seeing a picture and swiping left/right), don't discount the ones that dont look the hottest.

Personality always comes first.

Know your place

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2020, 07:49:45 AM »

That's why Jesus invented dick pics.

As in real life, just texting one is a socially acceptable substitute for conversation.

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2020, 08:54:31 AM »

That's why Jesus invented dick pics.

As in real life, just texting one is a socially acceptable substitute for conversation.
Are you suggesting I should send dickpics to everyone? Not gonna lie, if they saw my D then probably all of them would want to meet me IRL as soon as possible!

Unfortunately tinder messenger does not allow sending pictures :(

Member of the BOTD

« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2020, 09:18:27 AM »

Unfortunately tinder messenger does not allow sending pictures :(
I wonder why?
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2020, 11:31:04 AM »
one word: prostitute

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2020, 02:19:39 PM »
one word: prostitute

I'm not that needy to be honest.

But feel free to do so, I don't judge you. Just make sure you and them are safe and they are not trafficked etc.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2020, 02:23:57 PM by Definitely Not Swedish »

Member of the BOTD

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2020, 03:35:09 PM »
You win some, you lose some. Yes, women get attention much more easily, but a greater percentage of that attention tends to be mega-horny creeps and bizarre psychos.

Also some people (and it's mostly girls if I'm judging from my friends) use Tinder for a long time without ever actually wanting to date with anyone.
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)