Evidence of flat earth

• 35 Replies
Evidence of flat earth
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2007, 06:07:11 AM »
Quote from: "Jeffbowe"
Max,

The Earth is infinitly deep and infinitly wide. The "Face of the Deep" as written in Genesis. It has always been and will always be. No one created it. The existence of nothing is impossible. Something always has existed and will always exist. That's why it has to be the origin and center of the universe. Otherwise, everything is chaos and temporary.

Ok, you just quoted the Bibble as scientific evidence.
Uh, that pretty much discredits you.
Imperious, choleric, irascible, extreme in everything, with a dissolute imagination the like of which has never been seen, atheistic to the point of fanaticism, there you have me in a nutshell.... Kill me again or take me as I am, for I shall not change.

Evidence of flat earth
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2007, 08:01:04 AM »
I don't see him claiming it was scientific? Do you? He gave it as biblical
evidence, which holds water with some people, but apparantly not many
on this forum.

Something always has existed and will always exist --> That's why it has to be the origin and center of the universe

This logical leap makes no sense though, so I think it is this that
would discredit his logic.

Everything is chaos and temporary.

I would agree with this statement to some extent. It's called entropy.

Evidence of flat earth
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2007, 09:02:22 AM »
The Earth is infinitly deep and infinitly wide. The "Face of the Deep" as written in Genesis. It has always been and will always be. No one created it. The existence of nothing is impossible. Something always has existed and will always exist. That's why it has to be the origin and center of the universe. Otherwise, everything is chaos and temporary.

This type of thinking is what led people to create Heaven and Hell. People's inability to concieve of their own existance coming to an end.

In this instance it's your inability to encompass the concept that everything you know to be in existance wasn't always, and won't always be.

Have you any idea how long it took man to accept the idea of nothing? It was so hard for the human brain to accept the concept that even the Greeks had no way to express it. It's the same with infinity. It's something the human mind isn't structured to be able to fully grasp. If someone can't grasp the ideas of nothing and infinity seperately they can never be expected to accept them together. An infinity of nothingness is beyond comprehension. Someone's inability to understand or believe something does not mean that it doesn't exist.

100 years ago people refused to believe in germs because they couldn't see them...how often do you use antibacterial soap every day?

I hate to be the messenger of doom, man, but everything is chaotic and temporary. Ever heard of entropy?

en·tro·py   (ěn'trə-pē)    
n.   pl. en·tro·pies

1. Symbol S For a closed thermodynamic system, a quantitative measure of the amount of thermal energy not available to do work.
2. A measure of the disorder or randomness in a closed system.
3. A measure of the loss of information in a transmitted message.
4. The tendency for all matter and energy in the universe to evolve toward a state of inert uniformity.
5. Inevitable and steady deterioration of a system or society.

All good things must end. The Dinosaurs are mute witness to this truism.
quote]The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane. ~ Twain[/quote]
Et tu, Bruté? ~ Shakespeare

Evidence of flat earth
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2007, 09:46:20 AM »
I discovered the fundamental cause of the eliptical orbit which led me to believe that there is one source for the movements of the Stars, Planets and Moons which move across the sky.

Sure, the apparent motion of objects across the sky is caused by the rotation of the Earth.

Since they all seem to be moving in the same circular direction, they must be influenced by a single object or force.

How does that follow?  Your "discovery" overturns 300 years of coherent scientific observation.  If we are going to throw out Newtonian physics, you should provide better evidence then "I discovered it."  Try publishing in a peer-reviewed journal.

there are no "North/South" satellites orbiting the earth

Umm. Yes there are.  Here is an interesting applet, which shows you what satellites are up there.  Notice the one's in Polar orbits.

http://science.nasa.gov/realtime/jtrack/3d/JTrack3D.html

As for the Big Bang creation of the Universe coming out of "The Face of the Deep", or Island Earth, I ask the question, where is the deepest hole in the Earth? Is it not under the Artic Ocean?

No one claims that the Earth was created during the "Big Bang."  And no, the deepest known "hole in the Earth" is the Marianas Trench in the Pacific Ocean.

Does not the Earth resemble a volcanic island in that rivers flow north to south.(Exept in places where a river begins in a mountain). Do we not have volcanic activity still today, billions of years after the earth cooled? What would keep the earths core hot after all these billions of years if not a "Super Volcano" the size of the entire known world Why no volcanic activity at the South Pole or even the North Pole?

A likely explanation is that the volcanic activity occurs only below a certain latitude because that is where the residule pressure remains, still venting from the Big Bang.

It is a simple task to take a planets known mass and distance from the sun, and calculate how long it will take to become tectonically inert.  "Cooled off" if you will.  Earth has not been around long enough to "cool off."  This has been accepted since the 1800's.

Calling volcanic activity the cause of the Earths temperature is rather silly.

Finally, this is all just for fun. Right. No one really knows for sure. Even our camera lens will see a curved line at great distances, so to our own eyes. Even astronomers and will admit that much of what we know of the Universe is derived from mathematical computations.

So, this is just brain fun. I don't "believe" in anything until it is a proven fact.

Then what do you belive?  I have said this dozens of times, but no one seems to listen.  Science never "proves" anything.  What we do is amass evidence and then design predictive models to explain phenomena.  That's why we refer to things like "the atomic theory of matter" and "The theory of tectonic drift."  Calling something a theory doesn't make it untrue, or unsupported, but these things are never referred to as facts because no scientific experiment can ever prove them.

What I can say is that the majority of evidence says quite clearly that the Earth is round, and that your explanation (and understanding) of celestial mechanics is incorrect.

Come back when you have some evidence that what you are saying is true.  Not speculation.  Evidence.
"The earth looks flat; therefore it is flat."
-Flat Earthers

"Triangle ABC looks isosceles; therefore . . ."
-3rd grade geometry student

Evidence of flat earth
« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2007, 10:17:09 AM »
Apparently the entire surface of our "planet" has not been fully explored. Add that to the fact that there are no "North/South" satellites orbiting the earth, much less airline routes over the South Pole, and you wonder if there is a "Planet Earth".

No satellites in polar orbits, eh? Here's just a few examples of what you can find in about two seconds with a simple search on the subject.

Polar Orbiting Satellites
Satellites in polar orbit after successful Indian launch
Europe’s new MetOp weather satellite reaches polar orbit

As for the Big Bang creation of the Universe coming out of "The Face of the Deep", or Island Earth, I ask the question, where is the deepest hole in the Earth? Is it not under the Artic Ocean?

You're partially correct.

The Mariana Trench (or Marianas Trench) is the deepest known submarine trench, and the deepest location in the Earth's crust itself. It is located in the floor of the western North Pacific Ocean, to the east and south of the Mariana Islands at 11°21′N 142°12′E, near Guam.

The trench is the boundary where two tectonic plates meet, a subduction zone where the Pacific Plate is being subducted under the Philippine Plate. The bottom of the trench (Challenger Deep) is farther below sea level than Mount Everest is above it. The trench has a maximum depth of 10,911 meters (35,798 ft) below sea level. Taking into account its latitude and the Earth's equatorial bulge, this puts it at 6,366,400 meters (3,955.9 mi) from the center of the Earth. The Arctic Ocean, on the other hand, is about 4,500 meters (14,800 ft) deep, which would put its floor at 6,353,000 meters (3,947 mi) from the Earth's center, some 13 kilometers (8.5 mi) closer.

Does not the Earth resemble a volcanic island in that rivers flow north to south.(Exept in places where a river begins in a mountain).

I don't know what you think volcanos have to do with rivers, but you're dead wrong about all rivers flowing north to south. Some examples of rivers that flow north include the Nile River, Russia's Ob, Lena, and Yenisey Rivers, the Red River in the United States and Canada, Canada's Mackenzie River, and California's San Joaquin River.

Why no volcanic activity at the South Pole or even the North Pole?

You don't seem to have done any sort of research before blerting out a bunch of assumptions. :roll: Antarctica has several volcanoes, and there's been some suspect submarine activity from one area 200 km from the North Pole.
Volcanoes of Iceland and the Arctic Ocean
Antarctic volcano

quote]The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane. ~ Twain[/quote]
Et tu, Bruté? ~ Shakespeare

Evidence of flat earth
« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2007, 03:06:35 PM »
Max,
 The universe is what, 14 billion years old since the "big bang"? How has it maintained it's perfectly balance motion for 14 billion years? An orbit is either powered or it is a dead spiral, like water going down a drain.

Think of how an orbiting mass stays in orbit. A larger mass captures a smaller one and the two move together to create an orbit. How can every object in the universe be in orbit around another. It takes a perfect match-up in weight difference to create a permanent, fixed orbit. Nothing else will work.

What I'm suggesting is that when the universe was born with a bang, it was a volcanic bank from Earth and everything up either came back down on the Earth, or settled into an orbit around the mass of Earth. The magnetic field of Earth holds everything in, and the lateral shifting creates the eliptical orbit to throw things out. After all, everything in the universe is in motion. That motion has to have a single cause, not billions of causes all acting independently.

Idiot lies. There is a super-massive black hole in the center of the universe. Earth is round.

Time is Cubic
[size=24]TIME IS CUBIC[/size]