Mail in voting

• 39 Replies
Mail in voting
« on: August 03, 2020, 04:01:00 AM »
https://neonnettle.com/news/11804-trump-proved-right-democrats-charged-with-mail-in-voter-fraud

Worried about your health?

Your worry is not based in object truth.

"Recent data has not shown a compelling public health justification for mail-in voting.In Wisconsin’s April election, only 52 of more than 400,000 voters and poll workers were confirmed to have contracted the Chinese coronavirus. None of those cases were fatal.This equals an infection rate below two-hundredths of one percent."

Worried about your vote counting?

"Grewal confirmed that almost 20 percent of the mail-in votes cast were thrown out by the Board of Elections."

People who want their vote to count should be against mail in voting.

Finally, if you won the lottery, would you trust the ability to get your money by mailing the winning ticket?

Lorddave

Re: Mail in voting
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2020, 04:33:13 AM »
https://www.npr.org/2020/07/01/885074932/n-j-election-fraud-case-draws-a-trump-tweet-but-suggests-safeguards-are-working

Here's a better article.  Honestly Lackey, didn't you see Trump's tweet about this last month?

Also: they got caught.  Which means the security systems work.  Sounds safe eh?

Also also, just curious, do you know the difference between a mail in ballot and an absentee ballot?  Like physically?
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2020, 04:36:41 AM »
https://www.npr.org/2020/07/01/885074932/n-j-election-fraud-case-draws-a-trump-tweet-but-suggests-safeguards-are-working

Here's a better article.  Honestly Lackey, didn't you see Trump's tweet about this last month?

Also also, just curious, do you know the difference between a mail in ballot and an absentee ballot?  Like physically?
20 percent of the vote will not count.

That sounds great to you, doesn't it!

Yes, I know the difference.

Lorddave

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2020, 04:59:42 AM »

Really?  Thats surprising.  Do tell.  What is the difference?

And you do realize why that 20% happens, right?  Or are you just stupid?

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2020, 05:18:55 AM »

Absentee balloting is what takes place if you are otherwise not going to be able to be physically present at your normal place of voting the day of election (i.e., out of country, etc.)

Voting by mail is different.

Both are votes by mail, but mail is not absentee voting.

Gonna hinge the 20 percent of the votes being not counted on why it took place for "reasons," right Dave?

What a joke...

Lorddave

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2020, 05:21:59 AM »

Absentee balloting is what takes place if you are otherwise not going to be able to be physically present at your normal place of voting the day of election (i.e., out of country, etc.)

Gonna hinge the 20 percent of the votes being not counted on why it took place for "reasons," right Dave?

What a joke...

I asked what their physical differences was, ya nit whit.  Not procedural.

And how are they not the same?  There is literally no difference between a mail in ballot arriving at an election official and an absentee ballot.  0.  In fact, if I gave you one of each, you couldn't tell them apart.

As for the rejections: late arrivals and signature mis-match  are the main reasons for rejection.  Or should we allow any signature?  And any tardiness?

You are literally complaining about security measures being used, you know that, right?

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2020, 05:50:30 AM »

What a joke...

And how are they not the same?  There is literally no difference between a mail in ballot arriving at an election official and an absentee ballot.  0.  In fact, if I gave you one of each, you couldn't tell them apart.

As for the rejections: late arrivals and signature mis-match  are the main reasons for rejection.  Or should we allow any signature?  And any tardiness?

You are literally complaining about security measures being used, you know that, right?
Lorddave - "I am cool with 20 percent of the votes not counting."

Lorddave

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2020, 06:14:40 AM »

What a joke...

Lorddave - "I am cool with 20 percent of the votes not counting."

Lackey - "Mail in voting is full of fraud!  How dare they not count potentially fraudulant votes!"

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2020, 06:48:48 AM »
Time to ask Lackey's hero what he thinks..

Like, for instance, I’m an absentee voter because I can’t be in Florida because I’m in Washington; I’m at the White House. So, I’ll be an absentee voter. We have a lot of absentee voters, and it works.
Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2020, 07:03:09 AM »
Sounds like a tough problem.  Perhaps if we switched to universal absentee voting instead of mail in voting would this be sufficient?
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2020, 07:17:42 AM »
Maybe if Trump didn't appoint a Postmaster General whose sole qualification is his political donations, then mail-in voting might be more reliable.
Cronyism in high government positions has been a trademark of the Trump administration, but the selection of Republican mega-donor and Trump ally Louis DeJoy to lead the U.S. Postal Service threatens to corrupt one of America's most trusted institutions at a key moment.

In normal times, the selection of a postmaster general of the United States is unlikely to generate significant attention from the public. However, these are not normal times. Without increased and sustained scrutiny of DeJoy's leadership of the Postal Service, our democracy could face dire consequences.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2020, 05:47:20 AM »
So far, Wise has 90% of the mail in votes I have received in the vote for new a new mod.

Obviously Wise is winning by a landslide.
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2020, 09:16:37 PM »
Democrats want mail in votes so that when Trump wins again they will accuse Russian hackers LOL
JJA voted for Pedro

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2020, 09:23:15 PM »
Dead people have the right to vote democrat. 

Lorddave

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2020, 09:29:31 PM »
Democrats want mail in votes so that when Trump wins again they will accuse Russian hackers LOL

And there will be a recount.

Also: Absentee ballots are find according to Trump so mail in should be fine too.

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2020, 09:34:08 PM »
Trump supporters should definitely boycott mail in voting out of principle.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2020, 09:37:02 PM »
Trump supporters should definitely boycott mail in voting out of principle.

Just let Russia vote then and we just install the opposite.   ;D

« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2020, 10:44:21 PM »
All I can say is we better not get involved in Belarus. Russians lost Ukraine they are not gonna let the West take Belarus. We start fucking with Russia more we will see Russian tanks in Berlin again.
JJA voted for Pedro

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2020, 10:50:06 PM »
All I can say is we better not get involved in Belarus. Russians lost Ukraine they are not gonna let the West take Belarus. We start fucking with Russia more we will see Russian tanks in Berlin again.

I'm sure third world Russia wants to take on the west.

Oh, hell, let's not stand up for right.
Might piss off monsters. 

rusha who?

Lorddave

« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2020, 10:50:35 PM »

Pretty sure Germany would take issue with that.

« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2020, 11:50:47 PM »
Russia is third world? Did you hear this on CNN? While Obama was disarming Putin had build the most modern military known to man. Sadly to say America is becoming third world thanks to the democrats and their policies. We can't defeat looters and rioters, and you wanna take on Russia? Good luck.
JJA voted for Pedro

Lorddave

« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2020, 02:39:25 AM »
Russia is third world? Did you hear this on CNN? While Obama was disarming Putin had build the most modern military known to man. Sadly to say America is becoming third world thanks to the democrats and their policies. We can't defeat looters and rioters, and you wanna take on Russia? Good luck.

Democrats are in power?  What??  When did this happen?

I thought Republicans controlled the house, senate, white house, and had more justices! (At least for the first two years.  Now they lost the house)

I mean, if a minority party can stop Republicans and Trump from making America a 3rd world country, he must be really bad at his job.

Like think about it.  Its life if 25%% of the workers at your job were able to make your entire company fail and no one could stop them.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2020, 02:52:27 AM »

Meh,  Russia's GDP is less than half that of California.   It's pretty much on a par with Australia.  I wouldn't call Russia third world,  just a corrup oligarchy ruled by a corrupt ex KGB administration.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2020, 05:21:47 AM »
Yes, all Republicans take note!

Don't use mail in voting or the Democrats will steal your vote and a dozen Mexicans will use it to vote for Hillary!

Best for all Republicans to stay home and far, far from any bad, nasty Democratic voting machines or ballots.

Remember Republicans, Trump says voting is bad, so don't vote!

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2020, 07:28:00 AM »

Meh,  Russia's GDP is less than half that of California.   It's pretty much on a par with Australia.  I wouldn't call Russia third world,  just a corrup oligarchy ruled by a corrupt ex KGB administration.
I wouldn't worry about Russia's GDP as much as I'd worry about their nukes.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2020, 07:48:11 AM »

I wouldn't worry about Russia's GDP as much as I'd worry about their nukes.

Heiwa sez they're fake.

« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2020, 09:11:04 AM »

I have never seen more corrupt city then Chicago. If Russian politicians stole as much as Chicago democrats they would for sure end up in prison. And its not just Chicago. I don't know of any group of political elite that is more corrupt then U.S. democrats. They bankrupted entire states and cities.
JJA voted for Pedro

« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2020, 09:13:36 AM »

Democrats are in power?  What??  When did this happen?

I thought Republicans controlled the house, senate, white house, and had more justices! (At least for the first two years.  Now they lost the house)

I mean, if a minority party can stop Republicans and Trump from making America a 3rd world country, he must be really bad at his job.

Like think about it.  Its life if 25%% of the workers at your job were able to make your entire company fail and no one could stop them.

The troll is obvious man.  There are enough Democratic mayors, governors and congressmen for this left wing coup to take place.
JJA voted for Pedro

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2020, 06:22:19 AM »
So the criminal investigation of Lois Dejoy has begun..   

Rep. Bill Pascrell, Jr. (D-NJ) made a criminal referral to the New Jersey Attorney General on Friday night, asking him to impanel a grand jury to look at possible breach of state election laws by President Trump, Postmaster General Louis DeJoy and others for “their accelerating arson of the post office,” he said. Alarming headlines have emerged in recent days as many states prepare to facilitate widespread mail balloting due to the coronavirus pandemic. President Trump openly admitted he was withholding federal aid from the postal service to prevent mail-in voting, and USPS has notified 46 states and D.C. that it will struggle to deliver some mail ballots on time.

Pascrell’s announcement came after USPS’s internal watchdog said it would review policy changes and potential ethical conflicts under DeJoy, a Trump donor who owns a $30 million stake in a competitor to USPS. Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) and other Democratic lawmakers requested a review into DeJoy’s actions, like eliminating overtime and slowing certain types of mail delivery, and whether he “met all ethics requirements.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/inspector-general-to-probe-what-the-hell-is-going-on-with-the-usps-and-new-postmaster-general-louis-dejoy?via=twitter_page

Lorddave

« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2020, 02:31:04 PM »
...who owns a $30 million stake in a competitor to USPS.

O.o
I mean, that's about as trasparent as having an oil tycoon run the EPA.  Has America really gotten that stupid that Trump can literally put an arsonist in a paper factory and people think its fine?