Could the person with covid please stand up

• 33 Replies

sokarul

• Extra Racist
Re: Could the person with covid please stand up
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2020, 06:46:01 PM »

Yes it is paid, but it is going to hurt. Covid has already cost me a ton, this is just another thing. However, most are hurting not just me, so I can do so why not.

I don't see why my policy is so bad. Every station/work area is further than 6 feet away, usually double that. The shop area in every location is huge, high air flow, tall ceilings. All office personnel wear masks, all employees wear masks in all common areas, there is hand sanitizer in almost every area.
Yet you had to shut down. Something doesn't add up.

As for people's safety, you tell me then, what intervals do I let me "pussy" workers take shifts in?
I never made such claim. You couldn't be more off.

The guy working in temps that are 102 on the needle at 45-47 percent (about 115-120 heat index, would be closer to 60-65 percent if I didn't have systems to attempt control).. How long would you let a guy work without a break in basic coverings? What about a guy in heavy gear?

Your body can only radiate a few percent of that heat at those humidity levels, even with fans on skin, cover it with heavy layers of clothes or even heavier protective gear.
I don't know what you are trying to get at. You were asked who doesn't wear masks and you claimed shop people don't. So is it shop people or people in the 102 degree area? Or do you keep your machining equipment in 102 degree areas? My point was from what I know, people can wear respirators in 120+ degree temps. And also many cystic fibrosis sufferers say they can as well.

Have you ever been responsible for other people's health? Had their trust because they know you have their back, so if you say jump they say how high...even if it will push them? Have you ever had anything happen to someone that was doing something you asked?

I know these answers are no, otherwise this conversation wouldn't even be happening.
I let the qualified people handle it. But yes, when dealing with acids on he scale of what you would find in a lab, I have been responsible for safety. I can and do use my knowledge for that.
Plus I did put myself on the safety committee but that doesn't count. I do like safety though.

Oh, and finally, when did I ever say I was anti mask. I was wearing a mask before it was even mandated
Your comments during the lock down and your thread from October makes me think you are anti mask.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2020, 10:50:05 PM »
From what I've read, temperatures of 55 degrees Celsius and above, for at least 20 minutes, will kill covid-19. In fact, isn't that why people get fevers when they contract covid-19? A fever is the body's way of killing a virus by heating up. Usually, it is only a couple of degrees, so to 37 or 38 degrees.

From what I've read in this thread, these workshop environments get extremely hot for people. I dont think you need to worry too much about masks in those areas, for that reason.

Don't be telling bom to beat himself up, Sokarul, I think his decisions are sound.

Aside from masks, washing hands and keeping surfaces clean, is of equal importance. You dont know exactly how or where your employees contracted the virus.

I've had a couple of covid scares this year.

Most of my debating this year, has been against sovereign citizens who are anti maskers and pro protestors.

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
  • Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crime
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2020, 11:07:37 PM »
Bom, I am sorry for your employees. Covid can really hit hard even with the younger people, especially if they are smokers/obese.
How are you? Did you get tested? You do not smoke, right?

Also this shows that unfortunately even the anti maskers/anti covid people can catch the disease. On the bright side, the corone can unite us in the fight against it!

P.s. as I wrote in the other thread, my grandma got it aswell. But from what it seems, she's already doing better and had nothing but a little fever and cough. Really weird how this virus works.
Quote from: croutons, the s.o.w.
You have received a warning for breaking the laws of mathematics.

Member of the BOTD

« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2020, 11:41:07 AM »
well I’m just glad you believe in covid