Dragon returning, current livestream

• 30 Replies
Dragon returning, current livestream
« on: August 01, 2020, 02:22:51 PM »

This is going to be interesting again. The Crew Dragon is returning to Earth. Currently live!

JJA

• Math is math!
Re: Dragon returning, current livestream
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2020, 02:25:55 PM »

This is going to be interesting again. The Crew Dragon is returning to Earth. Currently live!

I hope it all goes smoothly, and wishing them the best of luck.  I'm not superstitious... still... fingers crossed. :)

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2020, 08:33:40 PM »
I watched the undocking and that was pretty cool. Looking forward to the splashdown tomorrow. I was trying to explain to my youngest why this was a big deal, and suddenly she remember watching the launch earlier this summer and it clicked. So she got her tablet out and started taking pictures of the TV screen that was playing a YouTube live stream. You know, for archival purposes. She'll be a great person to have on IT staff one day to help them appreciate redundant backups.

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2020, 02:00:08 AM »
I watched the undocking and that was pretty cool. Looking forward to the splashdown tomorrow. I was trying to explain to my youngest why this was a big deal, and suddenly she remember watching the launch earlier this summer and it clicked. So she got her tablet out and started taking pictures of the TV screen that was playing a YouTube live stream. You know, for archival purposes. She'll be a great person to have on IT staff one day to help them appreciate redundant backups.

That's a smart kid!  ;D

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2020, 05:20:07 AM »
(in a computer voice) I am programmed to believe all NASA livestreams.
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2020, 12:18:11 AM »

Tell her Bullwinkle thinks she's awesome.   ;D

Heiwa

• I have been around a long time.
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2020, 03:35:00 AM »
I saw a recording of it on German TV. Fantastic. The Dragon capsule dropped into the water and didn't sink after 24 hours of re-entry from space. And then a vessel lifted it up on its deck after 10 hours in the water and the capsule was opened. The crew could finally go to the toilet. What a show.

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2020, 04:34:33 AM »
I wonder why they didn't land out in the open on the booster?

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2020, 05:01:44 AM »
I saw a recording of it on German TV. Fantastic. The Dragon capsule dropped into the water and didn't sink after 24 hours of re-entry from space. And then a vessel lifted it up on its deck after 10 hours in the water and the capsule was opened. The crew could finally go to the toilet. What a show.

Where do you get your information?  Do you just make up numbers and facts and not bother to actually look anything up? 

The entire trip took 18 hours, not 24.

The re-entry portion took an hour.  The capsule performed it's final burn at 2pm and splashed down at 3pm.

They didn't sit in the water for 10 hours!

Everything you said was wrong, and anyone who actually watched it live knows it.  Quit just making things up and lying.

Heiwa

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2020, 06:12:38 AM »

Where do you get your information?  Do you just make up numbers and facts and not bother to actually look anything up? 

The re-entry portion took an hour.  The capsule performed it's final burn at 2pm and splashed down at 3pm.

Everything you said was wrong, and anyone who actually watched it live knows it.  Quit just making things up and lying.

Well, the Dragon left the Space Station at 400 000 m altitude and 7000 m/s speed at a certain time - the direction was horizontal - and made a first burn to enter the atmosphere at 120 000 m altitude and 7500 m/s speed and unknown direction at another time. Going through the atmosphere at a certain angle only way to slow down was using air friction which is 0 at 120 000 m altitude but one way or other the Dragon arrived at 10 000 m altitude and 100 m/s speed so it could release parachutes and drop into the Gulf of Mexico a mile from the Florida shore. Plenty pleasure boats arrived at the Dragon and after a while a SpaceX offshore vessel arrived and lifted the Dragon aboard and after some time they could open a hatch and allow the heroes aboard to visit the toilet. How the Dragon steering was done is better not asked for.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2020, 06:33:38 AM »

Well, the Dragon left the Space Station at 400 000 m altitude and 7000 m/s speed at a certain time - the direction was horizontal - and made a first burn to enter the atmosphere at 120 000 m altitude and 7500 m/s speed and unknown direction at another time. Going through the atmosphere at a certain angle only way to slow down was using air friction which is 0 at 120 000 m altitude but one way or other the Dragon arrived at 10 000 m altitude and 100 m/s speed so it could release parachutes and drop into the Gulf of Mexico a mile from the Florida shore. Plenty pleasure boats arrived at the Dragon and after a while a SpaceX offshore vessel arrived and lifted the Dragon aboard and after some time they could open a hatch and allow the heroes aboard to visit the toilet. How the Dragon steering was done is better not asked for.

Once again, you not being able to understand how it's done doesn't mean it's fake.  It just means you don't understand.

When a normal person doesn't understand something they try and learn about it, they don't assume that it must mean it's a vast conspiracy because they are so smart that anything that doesn't make sense must be a lie.

The fault is in your own understanding, not the dragon capsule.

If you really, truly wanted to know how it steered, you could just look it up.

Heiwa

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2020, 06:45:25 AM »

Once again, you not being able to understand how it's done doesn't mean it's fake.  It just means you don't understand.

When a normal person doesn't understand something they try and learn about it, they don't assume that it must mean it's a vast conspiracy because they are so smart that anything that doesn't make sense must be a lie.

You are right.  I do not understand how Dragon can leave space at high speed and land 18-24 hours later a mile outside Florida among some pleasure boats. Asking for details about Dragon braking and trajectory doesn't help. German media just report the fake news.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2020, 07:20:16 AM »

You are right.  I do not understand how Dragon can leave space at high speed and land 18-24 hours later a mile outside Florida among some pleasure boats. Asking for details about Dragon braking and trajectory doesn't help. German media just report the fake news.

I'd try and explain it, but as you have stated so many timed before, you can't understand, and refuse any explanation as lies.

I'm just glad they returned safely.  It's a dangerous job, but luckily people who actually understand physics are in charge.

Heiwa

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2020, 07:50:15 AM »

I'd try and explain it, but as you have stated so many timed before, you can't understand, and refuse any explanation as lies.

I'm just glad they returned safely.  It's a dangerous job, but luckily people who actually understand physics are in charge.

Thanks. But how did they visit a toilet in space? Are there toilets there? And showers? And what did they eat? Vacuum dried lobsters?

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2020, 10:08:34 AM »

Thanks. But how did they visit a toilet in space? Are there toilets there? And showers? And what did they eat? Vacuum dried lobsters?

You do this in every thread, you ask questions, then claim all the answers are lies.

Look this stuff up yourself, there are lots of videos on how they go to the bathroom.

Why do you keep posting your ignorance of easily obtainable information?

Heiwa

« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2020, 12:11:32 PM »

You do this in every thread, you ask questions, then claim all the answers are lies.

Look this stuff up yourself, there are lots of videos on how they go to the bathroom.

Please, there is no bathroom in the Dragon capsule. And how to remove your space suit when visiting it?

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2020, 12:25:28 PM »

Please, there is no bathroom in the Dragon capsule. And how to remove your space suit when visiting it?

You are showing your ignorance again. There is a toilet on the capsule. Why do you keep making things up as if they were facts? And asking questions that are easily answered?

It must be so confusing to live in a world where you can't understand how anything could work, so it must be fake.

Again, go look things up BEFORE you post about it. You can find answers to all your questions if you bother to look.

« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2020, 12:48:39 PM »

What do you want: have them, video them taking a  P or  shit, you do know that would be censored.
now for a showers; a sponge bath is most likely.
The the universe has no obligation to makes sense to you.
The earth is a globe.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2020, 01:15:52 PM »

There is enough room in the capsule to doff and don the space suit as needed.  As for using the toilet...
However, it's possible that it won't be getting much use at all. According to former NASA astronaut and current SpaceX consultant Garrett Reisman, his encounters with space toilet technology were so uncomfortable that astronauts would often just "hold it."

"I can tell you from personal experience, and data collected by NASA — it's kind of like going on a camping trip, in the sense that, for the first 24 hours, your body kind of shuts down a little bit as far as the digestive system goes," Reisman told Space.com. "So, I guess where I’m going with this is, I don’t think there's going to be a whole lot of pooping on Dragon.”
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Heiwa

« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2020, 09:07:39 PM »

There is enough room in the capsule to doff and don the space suit as needed.  As for using the toilet...
However, it's possible that it won't be getting much use at all. According to former NASA astronaut and current SpaceX consultant Garrett Reisman, his encounters with space toilet technology were so uncomfortable that astronauts would often just "hold it."

"I can tell you from personal experience, and data collected by NASA — it's kind of like going on a camping trip, in the sense that, for the first 24 hours, your body kind of shuts down a little bit as far as the digestive system goes," Reisman told Space.com. "So, I guess where I’m going with this is, I don’t think there's going to be a whole lot of pooping on Dragon.”
Imagine that Leon Musk pays Garrett Reisman to produce that shit!

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2020, 02:40:01 AM »
The real exciting thing is that this capsule will be reused for NASA again to drop the cost of the next launch.
Also, SpaceX is doing a 150m hop of a starship prototype this week sometime.
If you move fast enough, everything appears flat

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2020, 05:26:50 AM »

Imagine that Leon Musk pays Garrett Reisman to produce that shit!

Imagine actually providing some evidence instead of just making up things and calling everyone a liar and part of a conspiracy.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Only Yang Scholar in The Ying Universe
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2020, 05:28:49 AM »
Live from cartoon network. For Disney productions, swith second channel and watch live from moon.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

?

frenat

« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2020, 05:30:05 AM »

Yes, we know you don't understand it so you think it must be faked. We know you also don't care to even try to understand it. Go away troll.

Heiwa

« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2020, 05:44:46 AM »

Yes, we know you don't understand it so you think it must be faked. We know you also don't care to even try to understand it. Go away troll.
No, I saw on TV a capsule dropping down into the sea from the sky outside Florida and soon plenty pleasure boats were around it. Later a bigger boat arrived and lifted it up. A hatch was opened and two persons came out and rushed to the toilet. It was suggested that the capsule arrived from space 400 000 m higher up. My understanding is that the capsule was dropped from a cargo plane at 10 000 m altitude.
And then Elon Musk arrived and announced how fantastic it was that his capsule dropped down from the universe among Florida pleasure boats and then I understood it was some PR for Tesla cars. 
« Last Edit: August 04, 2020, 05:52:44 AM by Heiwa »

?

frenat

« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2020, 05:48:20 AM »

No, I saw on TV a capsule dropping down into the sea from the sky outside Florida and soon plenty pleasure boats were around it. Later a bigger boat arrived and lifted it up. A hatch were opened and two persons came out and rushed to the toilet. It was suggested that the capsule arrived from space 400 000 m higher up. I just think the capsule was dropped from a cargo plane at 10 000 m altitude.
That's a lot of words to say I don't understand it so I assume it is faked.

Heiwa

« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2020, 05:51:39 AM »

No, I saw on TV a capsule dropping down into the sea from the sky outside Florida and soon plenty pleasure boats were around it. Later a bigger boat arrived and lifted it up. A hatch were opened and two persons came out and rushed to the toilet. It was suggested that the capsule arrived from space 400 000 m higher up. I just think the capsule was dropped from a cargo plane at 10 000 m altitude.
No, I say what my understanding is. The capsule was dropped off from a passing plane. The capsule was never in space.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Only Yang Scholar in The Ying Universe
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2020, 05:53:13 AM »

No, I say what my understanding is. The capsule was dropped off from a passing plane. The capsule was never in space.
You are right. Thanks for enlighten us.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

?

frenat

« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2020, 05:59:29 AM »

And you "understand" that only because you refuse to try to learn. Again, that's a lot of words to say I don't understand it so I assume it is faked. At least you're good for humor!

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2020, 06:09:28 AM »

No, I saw on TV a capsule dropping down into the sea from the sky outside Florida and soon plenty pleasure boats were around it. Later a bigger boat arrived and lifted it up. A hatch was opened and two persons came out and rushed to the toilet. It was suggested that the capsule arrived from space 400 000 m higher up. My understanding is that the capsule was dropped from a cargo plane at 10 000 m altitude.
And then Elon Musk arrived and announced how fantastic it was that his capsule dropped down from the universe among Florida pleasure boats and then I understood it was some PR for Tesla cars.

Again you are literally just rambling and making things up.

They rushed to the toilet?  Where did you get that?  What is the Flat Earth obsession with space poop?  I swear no talk about astronouts ever happens without someone demanding to see space toilets.

Your understanding is nothing of the sort, you DON'T understand.  You didn't 'understand' anything you are just making up fantasies in your head.

Provide some evidence or at least quit just making stuff up.