Perseverence

• 73 Replies
Perseverence
« on: July 30, 2020, 10:10:40 AM »
On its way.

https://www.space.com/news/live/mars-perseverance-rover-updates

Mars Helicopter (Ingenuity), onboard microphones, future sample return canisters. Exciting stuff!

JJA

• Math is math!
Re: Perseverence
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2020, 10:18:50 AM »
On its way.

https://www.space.com/news/live/mars-perseverance-rover-updates

Mars Helicopter (Ingenuity), onboard microphones, future sample return canisters. Exciting stuff!

Yeah, a helicopter on Mars!

Lets hope they didn't forget to convert from Meters to Miles this time. :)

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2020, 11:24:51 AM »
Yeah. Doesn't Mars look beautiful?

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2020, 12:00:52 PM »

Whatever.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2020, 12:39:00 PM »

I agree, the Mars photos do look beautiful. Those aren't Mars, though they look nice too. The real Mars photos are amazing. You should check them out.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2020, 12:42:24 PM »
Is there any particular reason why you think that Mars shouldn't bear even the slightest resemblance to certain parts of Earth?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2020, 12:51:14 PM »
Is there any particular reason why you think that Mars shouldn't bear even the slightest resemblance to certain parts of Earth?

What's wrong? Are the pictures I posted nothing like the Mars you have come to love and know? They are exactly what you have come to know

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2020, 12:53:13 PM »

What's wrong? Are the pictures I posted nothing like the Mars you have come to love and know? They are exactly what you have come to know
That doesn't answer my question.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2020, 01:06:56 PM »

It does!

Nothing like gazing on the wonder of our universe and feeling pride at humanity's accomplishments.  We aren't all war and hate after all.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2020, 01:08:56 PM »

It does!

Nothing like gazing on the wonder of our universe and feeling pride at humanity's accomplishments.  We aren't all war and hate after all.

This is true

Know your place

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
  • Will I still be perfect tomorrow?
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2020, 01:15:47 PM »

Is that a gopher?
Life is meaningless and everything dies.

Suicide is dangerous- other philosophies are available-#Life is great.

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2020, 01:40:38 PM »

Hardly.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2020, 01:45:51 PM »

It does!

This is true

Artists can produce wonderful images too.  It's possible to enjoy both reality and art.  All the pictures posted in the thread so far are beautiful.

Your images were nice, and the average person can easily get them confused with real pictures.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2020, 01:52:29 PM »
My images posted are real photos. Not some artist rendition

Know your place

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2020, 02:12:08 PM »
My images posted are real photos. Not some artist rendition

Real photos of Earth.  Which is prettier than Mars I'll admit.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2020, 04:38:26 PM »

Is that a gopher?

My understanding, an Arctic Lemming.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2020, 03:31:10 PM »
Lets hope they didn't forget to convert from Meters to Miles this time. :)
They didn't forget the last few times either.  But the may have forgotten to adjust the thermostat:
"Data indicate the spacecraft had entered a state known as safe mode, likely because a part of the spacecraft was a little colder than expected while Mars 2020 was in Earth's shadow," NASA officials said in a statement.

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2020, 06:43:49 AM »
I AM SO AMAZED!!!!!! I BELIEVE EVERYTHING NASA TELLS ME!!!!😵😵😵😵😵
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2020, 09:25:13 AM »
Why would NASA lie about glitches? ???

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2020, 09:44:26 AM »

When NASA says they have people on an orbiting space station and I can take pictures of it right where it should be and can pick up radio transmissions from it then yeah, I believe them when they say there are people up there.

I need more reason than some guy on the internet calling them liars in all caps to decide they are part of some massive evil global satanic conspiracy or whatever.

And yes, I am amazed. A helicopter on Mars is going to be pretty amazing!

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2020, 09:50:10 AM »

When NASA says they have people on an orbiting space station and I can take pictures of it right where it should be and can pick up radio transmissions from it then yeah, I believe them when they say there are people up there.

I need more reason than some guy on the internet calling them liars in all caps to decide they are part of some massive evil global satanic conspiracy or whatever.

Oh look - It's already arrived  ::)

Know your place

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2020, 09:54:37 AM »

Is there a point to your spamming every thread with pictures and lying about what they represent?

Is this your way of trying to prove that Mars isn't real, by just posting random pictures of things? 

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2020, 09:57:52 AM »

Is there a point to your spamming every thread with pictures and lying about what they represent?

Is this your way of trying to prove that Mars isn't real, by just posting random pictures of things?

Mars is real enough. Whether we have actually landed anything on there is debatable.

Know your place

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2020, 10:02:09 AM »

Mars is real enough. Whether we have actually landed anything on there is debatable.

If it was debatable you would have more than posting pictures with snarky comments.  I could reply with "silly flat earther" memes to every thread if I wanted, but that wouldn't accomplish anything more than your insults do.  Your picture spamming is pretty much the definition of low content posts.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2020, 10:06:47 AM »
Of course it's debatable. What do you think we are doing?

Just because you disagree with something or dont like something, doesn't make it a spam/low content post. The surface of Mars as has been depicted is identical in features and formation to many areas of Earth, so yes, its debatable when we see a picture and you can do a double take because the image looks exactly like it was taken in some picturesque desert here on Earth

Know your place

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2020, 10:12:14 AM »

Just because you disagree with something or dont like something, doesn't make it a spam/low content post. The surface of Mars as has been depicted is identical in features and formation to many areas of Earth, so yes, its debatable when we see a picture and you can do a double take because the image looks exactly like it was taken in some picturesque desert here on Earth

You pointing out that two things can look similar is as low content as it gets.  I could spam that into every discussion too.  "Hey, that thing you are talking about is fake because other things kinda look like it."

That's not exactly high quality debate there. Maybe you do a double take and are shocked and confused when one picture of a planet looks like parts of another planet because who would think similar planets might have similar features? Shocking. Yawn.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2020, 10:19:55 AM »

You pointing out that two things can look similar is as low content as it gets.  I could spam that into every discussion too.  "Hey, that thing you are talking about is fake because other things kinda look like it."

That's not exactly high quality debate there. Maybe you do a double take and are shocked and confused when one picture of a planet looks like parts of another planet because who would think similar planets might have similar features? Shocking. Yawn.

It stands to reason that Earth could be the backdrop in every 'Mars' picture you have seen. THAT is the point of how this is debatable if you weren't so narrow minded and indoctrinated

Know your place

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2020, 10:24:33 AM »

It stands to reason that Earth could be the backdrop in every 'Mars' picture you have seen. THAT is the point of how this is debatable if you weren't so narrow minded and indoctrinated

Yeah, I understand your 'point' that everything in the world could be a lie and could be faked and nothing at all might exist. Understood it the first time you posted pictures with snarky comments.

So what?

Repeating that same idea over and over again doesn't make it any more than what it is... a lazy argument with no real content.

Anything in the world could be faked, so nothing is real.  That's not an argument it's just denying reality.

You don't have anything more than "this thing looks like that thing" with these posts which never go anywhere because that's the start and end of your debate.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2020, 10:29:02 AM »
Your spamming and trolling are not debating.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2020, 11:05:44 AM »
Your spamming and trolling are not debating.

The same could be said of your post

The conspiracy idea is already there. I didn't invent it. Plenty of people believe the Mars missions are faked. Plenty of people believe the Moon landings were faked and staged. Are they all spamming? Again, just because you dont agree with someones idea or post doesn't automatically mean it's spam. It just means you're intolerant and unwilling to debate anyone in good faith

Know your place