I am woke and want equality for all
I'm down with Kamala Harris as VP
I just want to see the look on Trumps face when he loses

Why do you support Joe Biden?

• 592 Replies

Stash

Re: Why do you support Joe Biden?
« Reply #420 on: March 05, 2021, 09:52:17 AM »
I can sort of understand the Republican delays on the onset, the bill was put forward without giving anyone time to read it.  It's a 600+ page bill and could very well have some unintended things in the bill.  It needs to be reviewed before voted on.  That said, I fully understand that they are going to go way beyond just that and try to stall it with poison pill amendments, which is ridiculous.

I also don't like Bernie's idea of trying to include a minimum wage hike in the bill as well.  Let's get the relief passed and allow for the wage hike to be argued on its own merits.

I can see the issue of the minimum wage being very adjacent to Covid. The workers making minimum wage were the ones lost affected. It does seem a little out of place.

But in general minimum wage seems like a hack job. I feel that we'd be better off getting rid of the minimum wage altogether and replacing it with some kind of ubi.
Honestly, I think whether we keep minimum wage but at a higher spot, living wage, or even ubi, we run into the same problem where a dollar in California or New York just doesn't go as far as a dollar in Mississippi or Alabama.  It's hard to make a one size fits all bill for the entire country without either doing nothing for the high end or potentially ruining the low end states.  Regardless, something needs to be done as the minimum wage hasn't changed in 15 years.

I do see where minimum wage could be argued to be tied to COVID relief in a very roundabout way.  But it's just not necessary to tie the two together when the stimulus payment isn't tied to a % value of the minimum wage nor is the minimum wage directly effected by COVID.
The thing that needs to be done is that lazy bastards need to stop bitchin about what somebody owes them just because of reasons.

If you notice it is your liberal heroes like Bush the 1st, Clinton, Bush the 2nd, Obama, and Trump that have sold us down the river.

I didn't know that Bush the 1st, Bush the 2nd, and Trump were liberals. Are you so far right that you've dropped off the scale?

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #421 on: March 05, 2021, 10:04:28 AM »
I can sort of understand the Republican delays on the onset, the bill was put forward without giving anyone time to read it.  It's a 600+ page bill and could very well have some unintended things in the bill.  It needs to be reviewed before voted on.  That said, I fully understand that they are going to go way beyond just that and try to stall it with poison pill amendments, which is ridiculous.

I also don't like Bernie's idea of trying to include a minimum wage hike in the bill as well.  Let's get the relief passed and allow for the wage hike to be argued on its own merits.

I can see the issue of the minimum wage being very adjacent to Covid. The workers making minimum wage were the ones lost affected. It does seem a little out of place.

But in general minimum wage seems like a hack job. I feel that we'd be better off getting rid of the minimum wage altogether and replacing it with some kind of ubi.

I'm all for that.  The reason we have such massive wealth inequity is because as jobs are replaced by automation, all the savings go to the CEOs and higher level management, the workers just watch their wages continue to shrink from inflation.

The Unites Staes as an example is VASTLY more productive than it was 50 years ago, but none of the rewards for that productivity have been given to the people doing the work.

Wages have stagnated.

We need either a minimum wage increase or a ubi.  Otherwise companies will continue to pay as little as they can, which is what they do, and we will continue to create an ever increasing class of the working poor and wealthier and wealthier billionares.
What is wrong with wealthy billionaires?

When their wealth comes at the expense of the average worker who has to struggle because the CEO is making millions.

Duh.

Shifter

• 2B or not 2B
« Reply #422 on: March 05, 2021, 10:12:55 AM »
Lets not forget that the rich would be better off with a well off working class. It makes little sense to impoverish large sections of society. The very section most likely to spend and prop up the economy

I think we can all agree that the trickle down economics have failed. All the arguments made for giving big business massive tax breaks because they will reinvest and employ more people or give out pay rises etc is complete BS.

You can only widen the gap between rich and poor for so long before society unravels because the poor cant keep up with the inflation

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place.

« Reply #423 on: March 05, 2021, 12:14:26 PM »

Honestly, I think whether we keep minimum wage but at a higher spot, living wage, or even ubi, we run into the same problem where a dollar in California or New York just doesn't go as far as a dollar in Mississippi or Alabama.  It's hard to make a one size fits all bill for the entire country without either doing nothing for the high end or potentially ruining the low end states.  Regardless, something needs to be done as the minimum wage hasn't changed in 15 years.

I do see where minimum wage could be argued to be tied to COVID relief in a very roundabout way.  But it's just not necessary to tie the two together when the stimulus payment isn't tied to a % value of the minimum wage nor is the minimum wage directly effected by COVID.
The thing that needs to be done is that lazy bastards need to stop bitchin about what somebody owes them just because of reasons.

If you notice it is your liberal heroes like Bush the 1st, Clinton, Bush the 2nd, Obama, and Trump that have sold us down the river.

Yes
I agree... unless youre NOT saying that billionaires keep making up stupid reasons not to pay people and go to such lengths as to squash unions (which were only created due to poor management), pay thinktanks and media to try to convince people they dont need to be paid.
Because i hear a lot of bitching and whining from the billionaires.

And yes
I agree (not in the labels) but that 40-50yrs of legal bribery have corrupted the usa govt and sold the people and land out for generations to the big corp.

« Reply #424 on: March 06, 2021, 07:29:22 AM »

I'm all for that.  The reason we have such massive wealth inequity is because as jobs are replaced by automation, all the savings go to the CEOs and higher level management, the workers just watch their wages continue to shrink from inflation.

The Unites Staes as an example is VASTLY more productive than it was 50 years ago, but none of the rewards for that productivity have been given to the people doing the work.

Wages have stagnated.

We need either a minimum wage increase or a ubi.  Otherwise companies will continue to pay as little as they can, which is what they do, and we will continue to create an ever increasing class of the working poor and wealthier and wealthier billionares.
Personally I prefer the non-wealthy ones.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

« Reply #425 on: March 10, 2021, 04:19:20 AM »

Wages have stagnated.

When their wealth comes at the expense of the average worker who has to struggle because the CEO is making millions.

Duh.
How do you derive your wealth?

Duh.

« Reply #426 on: March 10, 2021, 04:21:11 AM »
Lets not forget that the rich would be better off with a well off working class. It makes little sense to impoverish large sections of society. The very section most likely to spend and prop up the economy

I think we can all agree that the trickle down economics have failed. All the arguments made for giving big business massive tax breaks because they will reinvest and employ more people or give out pay rises etc is complete BS.

You can only widen the gap between rich and poor for so long before society unravels because the poor cant keep up with the inflation
You act as if the gap is widening is a bad thing.

Why is it a bad thing?

Shifter

• 2B or not 2B
« Reply #427 on: March 10, 2021, 05:11:56 AM »

Why is it a bad thing?

Widened gap means many more people under the poverty line. You'll have an entire generation unable to afford their own homes, unable to afford transport or buy much of the stuff out there that helps the economy ticking over such as renovating or furnishing homes. Not to mention impoverished people have poorer health and education outcomes and increased crime and possibly domestic violence. In some sectors, this will end up hurting the rich at some point because when too many people are priced out of markets (eg housing), the bubble bursts.

If your minimum wage goes beyond unlivable, why the hell are people going to work their arse off? Why would the person spend all day serving customers, flipping burgers, stacking shelves or driving trucks if the money the collect isn't worth the time because inflation has made that money near worthless?

You're better off with a middle class sitting comfortably and able to have disposable income to spend. Not poor people who cant spend and what money they do get, ends up saved rather than spent

Not sure why you want to live in a country that has a massive impoverishment problem, but then, you are only a troll.

An example of why inflation hurts the lower end more than the upper end
Employees get a yearly pay increase. My job gave a 2% pay rise. Great ::) Inflations only 3% lol. However at the same time you get the pay increase, the site you work at decides to bump up the parking fees by an amount that wipes your pay increase out. At the same time the government increases your rates by 3-4%, The electricity, gas, water bills also go up by a similar percent. Your food, fuel etc, increased. Phone, internet, increased. You put all these together and every year, millions of people (not just lower class) end up with less disposable income. This has led (in Australia) a stagnated economy, even pre covid. Every year you have a plethora of businesses close up or go into 'administration' because people just aren't spending anymore. So currently the middle classes are okay because they can still buy all the essentials. They just aren't buying much of anything else even if they can afford it. Saving money or dumping it into their mortgages to pay off the debt quicker is the rage

Americas $7.25 an hour minimum wage is a joke given your cost of living. Especially as it has not increased since 2009! But then, rich people aren't always smart people. Capitalism also depends on a section of the population being poor so they can be uber rich. Worried that if you give poor people money that inflation skyrockets and they have to dip into the billions of dollars to pay an extra $1 for a bottle of milk or loaf of bread

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place.

« Reply #428 on: March 10, 2021, 05:51:47 AM »

Why is it a bad thing?

Widened gap means many more people under the poverty line. You'll have an entire generation unable to afford their own homes, unable to afford transport or buy much of the stuff out there that helps the economy ticking over such as renovating or furnishing homes. Not to mention impoverished people have poorer health and education outcomes and increased crime and possibly domestic violence. In some sectors, this will end up hurting the rich at some point because when too many people are priced out of markets (eg housing), the bubble bursts.

If your minimum wage goes beyond unlivable, why the hell are people going to work their arse off? Why would the person spend all day serving customers, flipping burgers, stacking shelves or driving trucks if the money the collect isn't worth the time because inflation has made that money near worthless?

You're better off with a middle class sitting comfortably and able to have disposable income to spend. Not poor people who cant spend and what money they do get, ends up saved rather than spent

Not sure why you want to live in a country that has a massive impoverishment problem, but then, you are only a troll.

An example of why inflation hurts the lower end more than the upper end
Employees get a yearly pay increase. My job gave a 2% pay rise. Great ::) Inflations only 3% lol. However at the same time you get the pay increase, the site you work at decides to bump up the parking fees by an amount that wipes your pay increase out. At the same time the government increases your rates by 3-4%, The electricity, gas, water bills also go up by a similar percent. Your food, fuel etc, increased. Phone, internet, increased. You put all these together and every year, millions of people (not just lower class) end up with less disposable income. This has led (in Australia) a stagnated economy, even pre covid. Every year you have a plethora of businesses close up or go into 'administration' because people just aren't spending anymore. So currently the middle classes are okay because they can still buy all the essentials. They just aren't buying much of anything else even if they can afford it. Saving money or dumping it into their mortgages to pay off the debt quicker is the rage

Americas $7.25 an hour minimum wage is a joke given your cost of living. Especially as it has not increased since 2009! But then, rich people aren't always smart people. Capitalism also depends on a section of the population being poor so they can be uber rich. Worried that if you give poor people money that inflation skyrockets and they have to dip into the billions of dollars to pay an extra $1 for a bottle of milk or loaf of bread
America doesn't have an impoverishment problem.

Individual people have an impoverishment problem.

America is the greatest country on the face of the earth and has been for quite a long time.

People are doing everything possible to come here and live.

Take your bullshit and shove it back up your ignorant ass.

Ignorant dicks like you are why the world cannot get ahead. If the rest of the world could get ahead, then maybe people would not be risking their lives to come live by my house, rather than yours.

You cannot claim too want more money and then decry people who not only want more money but have the ability to get it.

You're just whining because you suck at getting money, pretty much everything else too, but that is a different topic.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2021, 05:57:09 AM by WISHTOLAUGH »

« Reply #429 on: March 10, 2021, 05:54:22 AM »

I didn't know that Bush the 1st, Bush the 2nd, and Trump were liberals. Are you so far right that you've dropped off the scale?
All lifelong Democrats who merely rebranded, a favorite tool of Democratic Socialists, by the way. Which means Nazi, of course, in case you didn't realize.

How can you be so obtuse? Is it purposeful?

Shifter

• 2B or not 2B
« Reply #430 on: March 10, 2021, 05:57:01 AM »
America is the greatest country on the face of the earth and has been for quite a long time.

I dont need to WISHTOLAUGH at this dumbarse comment. I DO!

HAHAHAHA!

Propaganda really does work given the BS you believe

Know your place.

« Reply #431 on: March 10, 2021, 05:58:24 AM »

HAHAHAHA!

Propaganda my ass.

More people have emigrated to America than any other country in history.

That's a fact, you moran.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #432 on: March 10, 2021, 06:18:28 AM »

Why is it a bad thing?
That depends on which side of the gap you're on.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Shifter

• 2B or not 2B
« Reply #433 on: March 10, 2021, 07:59:07 AM »

HAHAHAHA!

Propaganda my ass.

And the largest chunk of those by far are from Central and South America followed by China and India..... That's a pretty low bar to set yourself. 30% of your immigrants come from Mexico alone lol

How many emigrants are from comparable first world nations I wonder? In Australia, the dominant group of immigrants come from the U.K. For you guys, it's Mexico. Yeah, OK ::)

https://www.migrationpolicy.org/programs/data-hub/top-sending-countries-immigrants-australia-canada-and-united-states

Pay close attention to the table which outlines the breakdown of the immigration by country. For Australia, it's UK, then New Zealand, then China. We even nab a few Italians and Greeks in there

For America (lol) You have Mexians, Indians, Phillippines, China, Vietnam, El Salvador, Cuba and then finally a complete developed and advanced nation like Korea

If you want to boast about being better than countries like Mexico or India, be my guest ::) The real test is whether you can nab people from countries that are in a similar state of development and wealth. if you attracted the likes of Canada and the UK, I'd be impressed.

You also entice people with H1B visas because your countries education system is so shit you cant afford or have the intelligence to educate your citizens on your own

I think you over estimate just how much people outside your country, love your country..... Certainly here, no one is envious. And certainly not after 'Trump'. He hung shit all over your guys international reputation. Your country is looked at as a far right wing haven joke. You guys may have been great in the past, but those days are looking far behind you. I dont think Biden will make it great again. It might take a generation and for social media to go the way of 'MySpace' before that happens

Know your place.

Lorddave

« Reply #434 on: March 10, 2021, 08:22:33 AM »
America has an interesting method for ensuring high work with low pay: risk of joblessness.

The idea of "If you don't work hard for this small amount, you'll be fired right now." Is alot of motivation.  America motivates with fear, not reward.  'Tis the American way.
I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

« Reply #435 on: March 10, 2021, 08:29:59 AM »

Why is it a bad thing?
That depends on which side of the gap you're on.
Why would it matter to either side?

The fact is this: If you took all the money in the world and divided it equally among everybody, in seven days the people who had the most money before will have the most money again.

Shifter

• 2B or not 2B
« Reply #436 on: March 10, 2021, 08:33:07 AM »
America has an interesting method for ensuring high work with low pay: risk of joblessness.

The idea of "If you don't work hard for this small amount, you'll be fired right now." Is alot of motivation.  America motivates with fear, not reward.  'Tis the American way.

Although at some point, the money to real world cost of living will be so insignificant, there would be little point in working. If the gap keeps widening you have to wonder if slaves back in Roman days would probably have had it better.

Know your place.

« Reply #437 on: March 10, 2021, 08:33:12 AM »

HAHAHAHA!

Propaganda my ass.

And the largest chunk of those by far are from Central and South America followed by China and India..... That's a pretty low bar to set yourself. 30% of your immigrants come from Mexico alone lol
Shifter, racist against brown people.
How many emigrants are from comparable first world nations I wonder? In Australia, the dominant group of immigrants come from the U.K. For you guys, it's Mexico. Yeah, OK ::)
Your emigrants were forced there because they were criminal shitbags from the UK. Started that way and has always been that way.
Certainly here, no one is envious.
They're envious enough to want everything we have, obviously.

« Reply #438 on: March 10, 2021, 08:34:52 AM »

As if working at McDonald's is hard work.

Shifter

• 2B or not 2B
« Reply #439 on: March 10, 2021, 09:07:35 AM »

HAHAHAHA!

Propaganda my ass.

Shifter, racist against brown people.
Your emigrants were forced there because they were criminal shitbags from the UK. Started that way and has always been that way.
Certainly here, no one is envious.
They're envious enough to want everything we have, obviously.

We are talking recent history dumbarse. Although Australia even back as far as the 1830s had increasing amounts of 'free settlers' as opposed to convicts

Imagine doing the same shit in hot greasy conditions on a constant mad rush all day with a supervisor constantly on your arse pushing you to whats not possible and your only break from the kitchen is dealing with shitty customers.

Now imagine the public servant in an air conditioned office who hardly does a thing in a day but takes home 10x the income.

Why dont we read something from someone who was in the business to see if its hard work rather than listen to your ill informed trolling. Maybe you should read it too. Might open your eyes as to how shitty the work and the conditions are as well as the wage you get in return for the sacrifice

https://www.vox.com/the-highlight/2019/7/6/20681186/fast-food-worker-burnout

Know your place.

Stash

« Reply #440 on: March 10, 2021, 10:11:23 AM »

I worked at a McDonald's when I was a kid. I wouldn't say it's hard work as in digging ditches, but definitely stressful and you're moving pretty fast, have benchmarks to meet, rushes, penalties, etc. But what people like you forget is a living wage and the time value of money.
Working 40 hours at McD's is 40 hours where you can't do anything else. There's only so many waking hours in a week. And if you have other responsibilities like kids, or school, whathaveyou, your time is even more limited to get another source of income, because living on an McD wage ain't enough for a lot of places here. Not to mention, time is fluid in vocations like that; your schedule is not a set 9-5, it changes a lot. So the worker has a harder time juggling different shifts if they want multiple jobs/income. It's complicated and you, for whatever reason, want it black & white, and think low income wage jobs are a cake walk. You are wrong.

Lorddave

« Reply #441 on: March 10, 2021, 10:23:29 AM »

I worked at McDonalds.  Only job I quit due to stress.  Definitely harder work than I do now (IT support).  Why?

The rush.  The cleaning.  The constant "time to lean, time to clean" mentality.  Seriously, you must ALWAYS do something.  Lull in customers?  Clean.  Store all clean?  Clean it again.

I worked night shift for 2 of 5 days.  Fucking hell was that Hell.  Imagine mopping the bathroom and suddenly hearing the loudest fucking buzzer in your ear.  All the while half asleep.  Yeah, it fucking sucked.  Then you take the order, make the food, and ya gotta do it quick.  What?  An order for 20 burgers?  Still 5 minutes bitch.

So yes, it is fucking hard work.  Its not "rocket science" hard or "I'm gonna pick strawberries in the sun" hard but still hard.
I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

« Reply #442 on: March 10, 2021, 10:36:24 AM »

Maybe you've just got used to it?
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

« Reply #443 on: March 10, 2021, 01:32:41 PM »
The claim that everyone is replaceable works until people stop being replaced or that people who care are replaced by those who dont.

The peons are pricing themselves out by competing against each other for the scrap wages.
Stop working for amazon.

And who cares when the level of service degrades so much that only lazy idiots who do waaaay less than the bare minmum causes sales loss.
Thats bad managements fault, not the peon worthing for 7$.
Note i used worthing instwad of working.

Especially for shitass companies who profit and work the peons to death then pass them back to the tax payers healthcare/ or personal health insuranve when the peon is "expired" and then "buys" a new fresh peon like any other disposable resource.
Give your people healthcare or get taxed to shit so that the population gets universal health.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2021, 01:35:25 PM by Themightykabool »

Shifter

• 2B or not 2B
« Reply #444 on: March 10, 2021, 01:35:21 PM »
If you pay peanuts, you get monkeys

Know your place.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #445 on: March 10, 2021, 04:01:26 PM »

Why is it a bad thing?

This right here, is the most ignorant right wing bullshit you have said so far.

Your disdain for anyone but yourself is astounding.

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Intelligence Officer
« Reply #446 on: March 10, 2021, 05:05:59 PM »

I worked at McDonalds.  Only job I quit due to stress.  Definitely harder work than I do now (IT support).  Why?

The rush.  The cleaning.  The constant "time to lean, time to clean" mentality.  Seriously, you must ALWAYS do something.  Lull in customers?  Clean.  Store all clean?  Clean it again.

I worked night shift for 2 of 5 days.  Fucking hell was that Hell.  Imagine mopping the bathroom and suddenly hearing the loudest fucking buzzer in your ear.  All the while half asleep.  Yeah, it fucking sucked.  Then you take the order, make the food, and ya gotta do it quick.  What?  An order for 20 burgers?  Still 5 minutes bitch.

So yes, it is fucking hard work.  Its not "rocket science" hard or "I'm gonna pick strawberries in the sun" hard but still hard.

This.

Working at a fast food place fucking sucks!  Those jobs are made in a way that reduces people to parts in a machine.  Train them in an afternoon and get them doing a few specific tasks over and over again.  It doesn't matter if you completely burn them out.  Just replace them with more high school students.

I've worked at Burger King and as a dishwasher for a few restaurants.  Fast food is definitely worse than being a dishwasher.  Being a dishwasher is still hard work though.  I can understand why meth is so popular with these people.  It's the only way you can handle the monotony of that work.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

« Reply #447 on: March 10, 2021, 05:45:59 PM »

Thatll show em

« Reply #448 on: March 11, 2021, 04:03:36 AM »

This.

Working fucking sucks!
FTFY as it more distinctly states your (and all the rest here) attitude and mindset in crying, "GIVE ME FREE SHIT!"
It's complicated and you, for whatever reason, want it black & white, and think low income wage jobs are a cake walk. You are wrong.
I know working in a restaurant isn't a cake walk. I also know, unlike you and the rest of the peanut gallery, that it isn't a $15 a job.

It simply boils down to all of you morans arguing for more money, while decrying those who already have more money.

Like I wrote earlier, if you take all the money in the world and divide it equally among everybody, within one's week time, those who had the most money will have the most money again.

Knowing how and willing to do the work is key.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2021, 04:38:27 AM by WISHTOLAUGH »

« Reply #449 on: March 11, 2021, 04:39:19 AM »
Fair   not free