I'm down with Kamala Harris as VP
I just want to see the look on Trumps face when he loses

Why do you support Joe Biden?

• 565 Replies
Re: Why do you support Joe Biden?
« Reply #390 on: March 03, 2021, 05:10:32 AM »
Not imaginary.
Future.

One where "tropical" south american guerrillas are fighting in the jungles of China?  No, not imaginary at all....

Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

« Reply #391 on: March 03, 2021, 06:43:53 AM »
Wwii cropdusters became aces.
Farmees became sharpshooters.
Vietnam did noy fare well for usa that they ended up just carpet burning the forest.
Neither Russia nor usa coudlnt take the afghans on their mountains.
Nazis lost to russia because they werent preppared for winter.

This is just scenario planning.
Yes i "imagine" if we had to go to china and fight, this would be one of the road blocks.

Either way - warning signs is when usa is convinced to leave Skorea for whatever stupid reason, then taiwan and japan are taken out.

Nuclear would be end of world so everyone forced to battle std methods.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #392 on: March 03, 2021, 07:05:13 AM »
Has anyone read HR1 yet? I'm going to try to read it later. https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/03/politics/house-democrats-hr1-vote/index.html
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Intelligence Officer
« Reply #393 on: March 03, 2021, 07:30:34 AM »
I've read it.  It's a seriously underrated bill.  But they're definitely going to have to blow up the filibuster to pass it.  There's no way they're getting republican support on this.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

DuckDodgers

• One Duck to Rule Them All
  • What's supposed to go here?
« Reply #394 on: March 03, 2021, 09:54:04 AM »
I'd be really interested to see an analysis on it to see if it would have any unintended consequences.  This bill sounds like it is badly needed in today's political arena.  Seems like it would be hard to not support something like this without being able to point to some sort of poison pill in it.
markjo, what force can not pass through a solid or liquid?
Magnetism for one and electric is the other.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Intelligence Officer
« Reply #395 on: March 03, 2021, 09:57:44 AM »
I think one of the provisions was something like the government matching small donor contributions to candidates.

A good idea but I think it might be vulnerable to some kind of fraud.

Stash

« Reply #396 on: March 03, 2021, 10:36:52 AM »
I'm reading the bill now. Is there anywhere on the bloody planet one can get a non-partisan breakdown of something like this, or any bill, for that matter? I've looked to the CBO a lot for other acts, but that's more of an economic impact lens more than anything else.

And yeah, it's going to be impossible to get GOP support when the bill kicks things off with: Subtitle AóVoter Registration Modernization. Provisions to make registering and voting easier. That right there is anathema to the right.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Intelligence Officer
« Reply #397 on: March 03, 2021, 11:15:02 AM »
Mostly I think the question is does this bill increase voter participation without introducing a serious risk of fraud. I believe the answer is yes. I think this bill probably reduces the risk of fraud. One of the provisions is a paper receipt requirement for voting machines.

Lorddave

« Reply #398 on: March 03, 2021, 09:35:22 PM »
Does it make voting day a federal holiday?
I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Intelligence Officer
« Reply #399 on: March 03, 2021, 11:27:03 PM »
I believe I recall reading that in the bill.

Shifter

• Blind to the truth
« Reply #400 on: March 04, 2021, 12:13:29 AM »
Mostly I think the question is does this bill increase voter participation without introducing a serious risk of fraud. I believe the answer is yes. I think this bill probably reduces the risk of fraud. One of the provisions is a paper receipt requirement for voting machines.

Voter suppression is a form of election rigging. We know how 'concerned' repugnicans are about rigging so anything which helps voter participation they should be well on board with. If the repugnicans are worth their salt I predict a smooth sailing of this bill

A Future Is Not Given To You. It Is Something You Must Take For Yourself

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Intelligence Officer
« Reply #401 on: March 04, 2021, 06:53:53 AM »
Yes but they're deeply opposed to anything that makes it easier to vote.  They're also using the Obama years strategy of voting against everything the democrats bring up without exception.  So I expect space laser lady to show up to work with a suicide vest to stop this bill.

Stash

« Reply #402 on: March 04, 2021, 09:25:48 AM »

Correct. It's in an amendment to the bill:

"SEC. 1909. ELECTION DAY AS LEGAL PUBLIC HOLIDAY."

About time if you ask me.

Lorddave

« Reply #403 on: March 04, 2021, 09:36:49 AM »

Bout fucking time.
I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

Jamie

• Numbers Archivist
« Reply #404 on: March 04, 2021, 10:31:26 AM »
20,000,000 men-1 woman due to 1 kid rule.

Do you mean to tell me that there are only 70 women in China?

1,400,000,000 / 20,000,000 = 70
There is a preverb in Turkish:  "Do not think everybody have beard is your grandfather".

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #405 on: March 04, 2021, 12:04:26 PM »
I think kabool failed math equity.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

« Reply #406 on: March 04, 2021, 12:54:16 PM »
I think kabool failed math equity.

haha ya...
no that's not a ratio
that's an excess.
minus
not divide.
maybe i shouldv'e used a + to make it more clear
either way
20M guys
that's a lot

Jamie

• Numbers Archivist
« Reply #407 on: March 04, 2021, 01:28:27 PM »
haha ya...
no that's not a ratio
that's an excess.
minus
not divide.
either way
20M guys
that's a lot

What? Is that an attempt at poetry?
There is a preverb in Turkish:  "Do not think everybody have beard is your grandfather".

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #408 on: March 04, 2021, 01:32:56 PM »
haha ya...
no that's not a ratio
that's an excess.
minus
not divide.
either way
20M guys
that's a lot

What? Is that an attempt at poetry?
Extended haiku?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Intelligence Officer
« Reply #409 on: March 04, 2021, 01:41:53 PM »
https://www.politico.com/news/2021/03/04/senate-biden-covid-relief-debate-473617

Here we see a preview of the next 4-8 years.  There's this covid relief bill that's extremely popular with both republicans and democrats.  It may have played a role in the republicans losing Georgia in January.  Yet the republicans are fighting this tooth and nail.  Not a single vote in either the house or the senate from them. 

Lorddave

« Reply #410 on: March 04, 2021, 02:21:44 PM »
https://www.politico.com/news/2021/03/04/senate-biden-covid-relief-debate-473617

Here we see a preview of the next 4-8 years.  There's this covid relief bill that's extremely popular with both republicans and democrats.  It may have played a role in the republicans losing Georgia in January.  Yet the republicans are fighting this tooth and nail.  Not a single vote in either the house or the senate from them.

Yeah.  Its basically Obama 2: More of the same.
They know they can't win so they'll just stall tactics so they can point to it and say "See?  We hate the Dems too and are doing everything we can to fight them on this bill which we hate only because they love it and/or are supporting it."

Its purely political theater.  Especially since they agreed to limit who can get the stimulus checks, which I am in agreement on.

DuckDodgers

« Reply #411 on: March 05, 2021, 06:02:47 AM »
I can sort of understand the Republican delays on the onset, the bill was put forward without giving anyone time to read it.  It's a 600+ page bill and could very well have some unintended things in the bill.  It needs to be reviewed before voted on.  That said, I fully understand that they are going to go way beyond just that and try to stall it with poison pill amendments, which is ridiculous.

I also don't like Bernie's idea of trying to include a minimum wage hike in the bill as well.  Let's get the relief passed and allow for the wage hike to be argued on its own merits.

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
  • Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crime
« Reply #412 on: March 05, 2021, 06:17:01 AM »
Sen. Ron Johnson (R-Wis.) immediately forced the Senate clerk to read all 628 pages of the Senate substitute. Within just a few minutes of his request, the Senate emptied out. Johnson paced around the chamber and at one point was briefly spelled by Sen. Cindy Hyde-Smith (R-Miss.).

Johnson or another Republican needs to stay on the floor to prevent Democrats from expediting the process. Unless the GOP backs down or leaves the floor unguarded, reading the entire bill could take well into Friday. Then Republicans can use up to 20 hours of debate time, and then force unlimited amendment votes if they so choose.

"Historically whatís happened is ... we offer a couple of hundred amendments on the Republican side," Johnson said. "And we get a couple of dozen voted on, and people tire out. Iím coming up with a process that keeps people from tiring out. Iím getting sign-ups. Iím laying out a three-shift schedule."

This is undeniable, 100% proof that every republican voter is a complete and utter retard.
Quote from: croutons, the s.o.w.
You have received a warning for breaking the laws of mathematics.

« Reply #413 on: March 05, 2021, 07:00:02 AM »
Buster Phillips says what?

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Intelligence Officer
« Reply #414 on: March 05, 2021, 07:50:42 AM »
I can sort of understand the Republican delays on the onset, the bill was put forward without giving anyone time to read it.  It's a 600+ page bill and could very well have some unintended things in the bill.  It needs to be reviewed before voted on.  That said, I fully understand that they are going to go way beyond just that and try to stall it with poison pill amendments, which is ridiculous.

I also don't like Bernie's idea of trying to include a minimum wage hike in the bill as well.  Let's get the relief passed and allow for the wage hike to be argued on its own merits.

I can see the issue of the minimum wage being very adjacent to Covid. The workers making minimum wage were the ones lost affected. It does seem a little out of place.

But in general minimum wage seems like a hack job. I feel that we'd be better off getting rid of the minimum wage altogether and replacing it with some kind of ubi.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #415 on: March 05, 2021, 08:04:20 AM »

I can see the issue of the minimum wage being very adjacent to Covid. The workers making minimum wage were the ones lost affected. It does seem a little out of place.

But in general minimum wage seems like a hack job. I feel that we'd be better off getting rid of the minimum wage altogether and replacing it with some kind of ubi.

I'm all for that.  The reason we have such massive wealth inequity is because as jobs are replaced by automation, all the savings go to the CEOs and higher level management, the workers just watch their wages continue to shrink from inflation.

The Unites Staes as an example is VASTLY more productive than it was 50 years ago, but none of the rewards for that productivity have been given to the people doing the work.

Wages have stagnated.

We need either a minimum wage increase or a ubi.  Otherwise companies will continue to pay as little as they can, which is what they do, and we will continue to create an ever increasing class of the working poor and wealthier and wealthier billionares.

DuckDodgers

« Reply #416 on: March 05, 2021, 08:09:16 AM »

Honestly, I think whether we keep minimum wage but at a higher spot, living wage, or even ubi, we run into the same problem where a dollar in California or New York just doesn't go as far as a dollar in Mississippi or Alabama.  It's hard to make a one size fits all bill for the entire country without either doing nothing for the high end or potentially ruining the low end states.  Regardless, something needs to be done as the minimum wage hasn't changed in 15 years.

I do see where minimum wage could be argued to be tied to COVID relief in a very roundabout way.  But it's just not necessary to tie the two together when the stimulus payment isn't tied to a % value of the minimum wage nor is the minimum wage directly effected by COVID.

DuckDodgers

« Reply #417 on: March 05, 2021, 08:17:02 AM »

I'm all for that.  The reason we have such massive wealth inequity is because as jobs are replaced by automation, all the savings go to the CEOs and higher level management, the workers just watch their wages continue to shrink from inflation.

The Unites Staes as an example is VASTLY more productive than it was 50 years ago, but none of the rewards for that productivity have been given to the people doing the work.

Wages have stagnated.

We need either a minimum wage increase or a ubi.  Otherwise companies will continue to pay as little as they can, which is what they do, and we will continue to create an ever increasing class of the working poor and wealthier and wealthier billionares.
I've been saying for a long time that there needs to be a measure of profit sharing which is encouraged as a way to fix the wealth inequality problem.  Tie it to business taxes, set business taxes to a very high level like 75 or 80% on something like $250 million.  Building in tax credits that businesses can take advantage of if they meet measures, like top executive pay ratio to lowest worker pay to something like 30:1 and include all forms of payment so stock options aren't a hidden payment method.  Allow companies that meet this measure to reduce their tax liability to 30%.  Give an incentive for companies to pump their profits into their workers again instead of only appeasing investors and top executives.

« Reply #418 on: March 05, 2021, 08:58:51 AM »

Wages have stagnated.

What is wrong with wealthy billionaires?

« Reply #419 on: March 05, 2021, 09:22:45 AM »

Honestly, I think whether we keep minimum wage but at a higher spot, living wage, or even ubi, we run into the same problem where a dollar in California or New York just doesn't go as far as a dollar in Mississippi or Alabama.  It's hard to make a one size fits all bill for the entire country without either doing nothing for the high end or potentially ruining the low end states.  Regardless, something needs to be done as the minimum wage hasn't changed in 15 years.

I do see where minimum wage could be argued to be tied to COVID relief in a very roundabout way.  But it's just not necessary to tie the two together when the stimulus payment isn't tied to a % value of the minimum wage nor is the minimum wage directly effected by COVID.
The thing that needs to be done is that lazy bastards need to stop bitchin about what somebody owes them just because of reasons.

If you notice it is your liberal heroes like Bush the 1st, Clinton, Bush the 2nd, Obama, and Trump that have sold us down the river.