I am woke and want equality for all
I'm down with Kamala Harris as VP
I just want to see the look on Trumps face when he loses

Why do you support Joe Biden?

• 2211 Replies
Re: Why do you support Joe Biden?
« Reply #120 on: August 17, 2020, 01:07:17 AM »
New earth
Are you arguing with actual recorded history about this adminsitrations dicking around about the pay package?
Are you that fking stupid?
This is RECORDED HISTORY!
The 400$ is actually 300$.
And the point of it is so people DONT GO MILLING ABOUT AND SPREADING CORONA.
Instead these are pathetic bandaids where stim packages were initialpy gobbled up by big profit corps leaving nothing for small local busieness.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/robertberger/2020/08/11/mnuchin-400-weekly-unemployment-benefit-to-start-in-a-week-or-two/amp/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/04/14/coronavirus-law-congress-tax-change/%3foutputType=amp

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jun/09/us-congress-billions-coronavirus-aid-relief-package

« Reply #121 on: August 17, 2020, 03:19:33 AM »
And if Trump has his way, then people will literally (not figuratively) have to risk their lives in order to vote in person.
What is the objective difference between waiting in a six foot spaced line at the grocery store or waiting in a six foot spaced line at the voting booth?

Is the virus aware of where you are located and only targets specific lines?

Lorddave

« Reply #122 on: August 17, 2020, 04:08:07 AM »
And if Trump has his way, then people will literally (not figuratively) have to risk their lives in order to vote in person.
What is the objective difference between waiting in a six foot spaced line at the grocery store or waiting in a six foot spaced line at the voting booth?

One can be done by delivery or proxy. 
The other can't.(Not anymore anyway)
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

« Reply #123 on: August 17, 2020, 05:06:02 AM »

Sorry, standing in a line waiting to vote or go shopping = standing in a line.

I am unsure of what is so difficult to understand...but then again...I need to consider it is you replying and all...

« Reply #124 on: August 17, 2020, 05:15:30 AM »
Are you (lackless) saykng that you do your shopping in a tiny booth with a curtain?

Or are you saying you shop at the only store available in a town of 100,000s and npt only that, the only store for all neighbouring towns, and thst store is only open 9-5?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2020, 05:20:42 AM by Themightykabool »

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #125 on: August 17, 2020, 05:52:06 AM »

I am unsure of what is so difficult to understand...but then again...I need to consider it is you replying and all...

There are a multitude of factors you have to take into consideration, even around just standing in line. There's the duration of which you may need to wait at a polling station versus the check out line at, for example, Trader Joes; the longer you stand, the greater the risk of exposure - I wouldn't want to go to a polling station in Georgia, for instance:

https://bipartisanpolicy.org/report/the-2018-voting-experience/

As well, polling stations can be anywhere. From the basement of the local library to some neighbor's garage. Could be a tight, confined space to a large airy one. There will probably be some guidelines for the stations, like perhaps halving the number of booths to maintain distance which ostensibly could double wait times. More time, more risk of exposure.
Major grocery stores probably have their sanitation protocols down fairly solid by now. I'm not sure Polling Station #212 down the street in Jimmy's garage will be entirely compliant with CDC recommendations.

Lastly, I don't know the percentage of people who shop in person, but I personally haven't been in a grocery store in months. Everything is delivered. And maybe a lot of older and/or compromised people get delivery or friends/relatives do the shopping for them. Or, at a minimum these older and/or compromised people try and limit their public exposure as much as conceivably possible. So given the opportunity to absentee vote/vote by mail would be just yet another opportunity to not mingle with the masses.

Overall, vote by mail works. As you can see by the above chart the States not listed were over 80% vote by mail in 2018. No fraud, no nothing. It just worked. So why not create an opportunity for people to vote when they don't feel comfortable doing it in person. I mean all of the Trumps vote by mail. 

Lorddave

« Reply #126 on: August 17, 2020, 06:01:42 AM »

Yeeessss....

Now what about the people who are NOT standing in line to shop, dumbass?

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
  • Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crime
« Reply #127 on: August 17, 2020, 07:07:30 AM »
STOP
RESPOND
TO
TOTALLACKEY
Quote from: croutons, the s.o.w.
You have received a warning for breaking the laws of mathematics.

Member of the BOTD

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #128 on: August 17, 2020, 07:29:40 AM »

??? Did I imply that one was safer than the other?  These days you're taking your life into your own hands every time you go out.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #129 on: August 17, 2020, 07:47:17 AM »
Are you (lackless) saykng that you do your shopping in a tiny booth with a curtain?

Or are you saying you shop at the only store available in a town of 100,000s and npt only that, the only store for all neighbouring towns, and thst store is only open 9-5?
Now a virus is cogent enough to determine where you happen to be standing once you reach your destination...

LOL!!!

« Reply #130 on: August 17, 2020, 07:49:08 AM »

Yeeessss....

Well, what about them?

Those people are choosing not to go shopping.

Their choice.

Just like it would be their choice to file for an absentee ballot.

« Reply #131 on: August 17, 2020, 07:51:49 AM »

There are a multitude of factors you have to take into consideration, even around just standing in line. There's the duration of which you may need to wait at a polling station versus the check out line at, for example, Trader Joes; the longer you stand, the greater the risk of exposure - I wouldn't want to go to a polling station in Georgia, for instance:

As well, polling stations can be anywhere. From the basement of the local library to some neighbor's garage. Could be a tight, confined space to a large airy one. There will probably be some guidelines for the stations, like perhaps halving the number of booths to maintain distance which ostensibly could double wait times. More time, more risk of exposure.
Major grocery stores probably have their sanitation protocols down fairly solid by now. I'm not sure Polling Station #212 down the street in Jimmy's garage will be entirely compliant with CDC recommendations.

Lastly, I don't know the percentage of people who shop in person, but I personally haven't been in a grocery store in months. Everything is delivered. And maybe a lot of older and/or compromised people get delivery or friends/relatives do the shopping for them. Or, at a minimum these older and/or compromised people try and limit their public exposure as much as conceivably possible. So given the opportunity to absentee vote/vote by mail would be just yet another opportunity to not mingle with the masses.

Overall, vote by mail works. As you can see by the above chart the States not listed were over 80% vote by mail in 2018. No fraud, no nothing. It just worked. So why not create an opportunity for people to vote when they don't feel comfortable doing it in person. I mean all of the Trumps vote by mail.
Overall, vote by mail does not work.

You are so wrong is it laughable.

Your BS revisionist history tactics per 1984 don't work with me.

People have always had the opportunity to file for an absentee ballot.

The push for voting by mail as mandatory as protection against corona is just BS fear tactics.

« Reply #132 on: August 17, 2020, 07:53:30 AM »

??? Did I imply that one was safer than the other?  These days you're taking your life into your own hands every time you go out.
You implied their death, should it occur, would be on Trump's hands...

Hilarious!!!

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #133 on: August 17, 2020, 07:59:41 AM »

Hilarious!!!
If someone catches and dies from covid because of standing in line to vote because they couldn't vote by mail, then it would be Trump's fault.  Just like it can be argued that Ben Carson's death is Trump's fault because Carson went to a Trump rally where there was no social distancing and hardly any masks worn.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #134 on: August 17, 2020, 08:12:44 AM »
If someone catches and dies from covid because of standing in line to vote because they couldn't vote by mail, then it would be Trump's fault.  Just like it can be argued that Ben Carson's death is Trump's fault because Carson went to a Trump rally where there was no social distancing and hardly any masks worn.

I think you meant Herman Cain,   Ben Carson isn't dead, he's just sleeping a lot,  and just smells that way.

Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

« Reply #135 on: August 17, 2020, 08:50:03 AM »

Hilarious!!!
If someone catches and dies from covid because of standing in line to vote because they couldn't vote by mail, then it would be Trump's fault.
How the fuck would it be Trump's fault?

Trump doesn't establish the rules for how to carry out an election.
Just like it can be argued that Ben Carson's death is Trump's fault because Carson went to a Trump rally where there was no social distancing and hardly any masks worn.
You are an idiot.

Ben Carson is still alive.

The syphilis is finally eating away the remainder of brain.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #136 on: August 17, 2020, 08:51:08 AM »

Do you ever provide any evidence or maybe even just a smidge of logic for your claims? "Overall, vote by mail does not work." Ummm, how so? What does that even mean, it doesn't work? In the chart as I explained, 5 or so States have more than 80% mail in votes and have had no problems. In other words, it does work. What makes you say it doesn't?

Do you ever provide any evidence or maybe even just a smidge of logic for your claims? You're not even saying what's wrong. What about what I wrote is wrong?

Do you ever provide any evidence or maybe even just a smidge of logic for your claims? What in the world are you talking about? What is revisionist or Orwellian about this?

Yeah, and, what's your point?

The push for voting by mail as mandatory as protection against corona is just BS fear tactics.

You mean "mandatory" as in you can ONLY vote by mail? If so, who is pushing for "mandatory" vote by mail only?

« Reply #137 on: August 17, 2020, 08:58:26 AM »

Do you ever provide any evidence or maybe even just a smidge of logic for your claims? "Overall, vote by mail does not work." Ummm, how so? What does that even mean, it doesn't work? In the chart as I explained, 5 or so States have more than 80% mail in votes and have had no problems. In other words, it does work. What makes you say it doesn't?
You ignored this key sentence from your source in your typically disingenuous way.

Christ, you are so transparent.

"The good news is that despite the surge in turnout in 2018, unacceptably long lines to vote were infrequent. Among in-person voters, only 6% reported waiting more than 30 minutes before they could cast a ballot."

In other words, the amount of time to vote doesn't even exceed the average time spent at a grocery store or any other retailer.

Do you ever provide any evidence or maybe even just a smidge of logic for your claims? You're not even saying what's wrong. What about what I wrote is wrong?
See above shitbird.

Do you ever provide any evidence or maybe even just a smidge of logic for your claims? What in the world are you talking about? What is revisionist or Orwellian about this?
See above shitbird.

Voting by mail is a process requiring certain steps to be taken...not enacted post haste or ad hoc for no valid reason.

It is minimized for a reason.

You mean "mandatory" as in you can ONLY vote by mail? If so, who is pushing for "mandatory" vote by mail only?
Most dumb democrats like yourself.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #138 on: August 17, 2020, 09:06:58 AM »

I think you meant Herman Cain,   Ben Carson isn't dead, he's just sleeping a lot,  and just smells that way.
Oops.  :-[  Sorry about that, but I think that you get my point.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #139 on: August 17, 2020, 09:13:44 AM »

Hilarious!!!
If someone catches and dies from covid because of standing in line to vote because they couldn't vote by mail, then it would be Trump's fault.
How the fuck would it be Trump's fault?

Trump doesn't establish the rules for how to carry out an election.
By appointing an incompetent Postmaster General and threatening to withhold funding, he is actively degrading the postal service's ability to promptly respond to mail in voting.  If mail in voting is not a viable option, then the only alternative is standing in line for in person voting.

Lorddave

« Reply #140 on: August 17, 2020, 09:15:35 AM »

Yeeessss....

Well, what about them?

Those people are choosing not to go shopping.

Their choice.

Just like it would be their choice to file for an absentee ballot.

Ummmm.... Nooooo...

https://www.sos.texas.gov/elections/voter/reqabbm.shtml
Notice how most people don't qualify?

Lets check Florida.
Hmmm... Only Mail in Voting, no Absentee Ballots.
But no mention of restrictions.

North Carolina.
No restrictions.

New York
Restricted to people unable to go to the polls.

Wisconson
No restrictions.

Pensylvania
Mail in ballot - no reason required
Absentee ballot - you must have a reason to be away from your county on election day or be physically unable to go.

Sooo... Yeah.  Different states, different rules.  Not everyone has a choice.  Lets check you.  Idaho.
No restrictions.  But no security either.  If I knew your name, I could request a ballot in your name, have it sent to me, then have 'you' vote Joe Biden.

Cool.  Maybe thats what Trump meant?  That absentee ballots can be requested by anyone, even people who aren't the voter?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2020, 09:21:05 AM by Lorddave »

« Reply #141 on: August 17, 2020, 09:38:57 AM »
By appointing an incompetent Postmaster General
To be fair, he's appointed a lot of incompetent people.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #142 on: August 17, 2020, 09:39:19 AM »

You ignored this key sentence from your source in your typically disingenuous way.

Christ, you are so transparent.

"The good news is that despite the surge in turnout in 2018, unacceptably long lines to vote were infrequent. Among in-person voters, only 6% reported waiting more than 30 minutes before they could cast a ballot."

In other words, the amount of time to vote doesn't even exceed the average time spent at a grocery store or any other retailer.

Apparently, you don't know how to read a chart. The chart maps out the "Average wait time to vote on election day, 2014 and 2018".

So yeah, 6% reported waiting 30 minutes or more, but look at the chart, the average wait times were all under 30 minutes. But the average wait time in Georgia, for example, was approximately 25 minutes. Read the chart! I've never waited in a grocery store line for 25 minutes. Have you?

Could you be more inept and disingenuous?

See above shitbird.

Proving my point once again. You never provide any evidence or maybe even just a smidge of logic for your claims.

See the chart.

See above shitbird.

Proving my point once again. You never provide any evidence or maybe even just a smidge of logic for your claims.

What is revisionist or Orwellian about the chart and average wait times that in large part exceed a grocery store check out line. Are you high?

Voting by mail is a process requiring certain steps to be taken...not enacted post haste or ad hoc for no valid reason.

It is minimized for a reason.

What reason? It would be helpful you provided insight for your claims. Reasons?

Most dumb democrats like yourself.

Name anyone who is "pushing" for mandatory mail in voting ONLY. You just completely made that up. Why?

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #143 on: August 17, 2020, 10:24:32 AM »
Sooo... Yeah.  Different states, different rules.  Not everyone has a choice.  Lets check you.  Idaho.
No restrictions.  But no security either.  If I knew your name, I could request a ballot in your name, have it sent to me, then have 'you' vote Joe Biden.

Not really. For starters, they are going to notice if they get two votes from the same person.

The ballot also has to be mailed from the voters registered address.

I could also walk up to an in-person voting center and pretend to be you as well.

So I wouldn't say there is no security, there are a lot of checks in place.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #144 on: August 17, 2020, 10:31:20 AM »

Not really. For starters, they are going to notice if they get two votes from the same person.

The ballot also has to be mailed from the voters registered address.
People move, especially these days when they can't afford their rent/mortgage.

I could also walk up to an in-person voting center and pretend to be you as well.

So I wouldn't say there is no security, there are a lot of checks in place.
No voting system is perfect.  You just try to take as many prudent precautions as practical.

« Reply #145 on: August 17, 2020, 11:01:05 AM »

Now a virus is cogent enough to determine where you happen to be standing once you reach your destination...

LOL!!!

man you're stupid.
yes, as you say, the virus is not cognitive.
the virus does like different people breathing the same air in a confined space.
and just like your stupid face, infected people will continue spewing out that shit with every breath and just like DNS says, those who can't help it get infected by your shit comments and feel the need to respond to your troll shit.
so as per my comment - either a booth where everyone shares it, or a small town community center that everyone at the same time has to go to - IS VERY DIFFERENT than your stupidass comparison to a grocery store that has higher air changes for AC and mold control, large lanes sized for people and their carts, and open 12hrs everyday with pretty much one in every 10mi radius.

BS fear tactic?
pretty sure "voter fraud" has been thoroughly debunked (as with the flat earth).
pretty sure the repub leaders are on mic admittedly saying vote by mail will cause them to lose.
pretty sure USA is number 2, only behind INDIA WITH A BILLION PEOPLE (3x the population), in being NOT able to control this virus.

if abentee by mail works.
mail in will also work.
by your reasoning, because vote machines don't work, no one should be voting in person.
keep saying stupid things because your arguments for/ against are double edged.

so is it to stuff the dems?
or is the reason that protecting citizens is unnecessary?
because clearly he hasn't cared too much about protecting citizens.
so the reason is to stuff the dems.
that's all he cares about.
good luck USA!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/08/13/trump-confesses-voter-supression/
« Last Edit: August 17, 2020, 11:03:28 AM by Themightykabool »

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #146 on: August 17, 2020, 11:08:56 AM »
totallackey and his lackey New Earth should just be ignored. They have nothing intelligent to say and are just deliberately winding people up so that they lose their cool in the upper forums. Not sure why the mods permit the obvious trolling and derogatory insults in these upper boards but just put them on ignore. It will clean your viewing of the thread up quite nicely and remove all the BS

If people support Donald Trump, in a democracy that is totally acceptable. However you think these people could at least back up their support with reason and facts and not have to rely on made up BS and conspirtard theories about the opponents or those that support someone different to them

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

« Reply #147 on: August 17, 2020, 11:28:41 AM »
You guys are the once who got no reason and no facts. You guys are not doctors or scientists yet you blindly follow the media about this retarded Corona virus. Stop coming up with fake numbers, I told that I investigated Emergency Rooms in April and found no Corona patients there. You can call me a liar I don't care but when in doubt I do my own investigations and conclude the facts. You complain to the admins because we do not push socialism and defend America from left wing psychopaths? Corona virus is not medical, it is purely political and the lackey explained there is no logic in what they say it does. Trump rally spreads Corona but BLM riots don't. Where is the logic in this? Mayor of Chicago Lori Lightfoot closed beaches but yet allows 30,000 people in Washington park to protest. How does this make sense? Shifter is right about one thing. Just ignore us if you can't handle reason.
JJA voted for Pedro

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #148 on: August 17, 2020, 11:29:44 AM »
The problem with ignoring New Earth and Lackey is that they're prime examples of what's wrong with America.  If it was just them with those attitudes, then they could be safely ignored.  But they are the kind of people who put Trump in office and might keep him there if we aren't very careful.

Lorddave

« Reply #149 on: August 17, 2020, 11:48:12 AM »
You guys are the once who got no reason and no facts. You guys are not doctors or scientists yet you blindly follow the media about this retarded Corona virus. Stop coming up with fake numbers, I told that I investigated Emergency Rooms in April and found no Corona patients there. You can call me a liar I don't care but when in doubt I do my own investigations and conclude the facts. You complain to the admins because we do not push socialism and defend America from left wing psychopaths? Corona virus is not medical, it is purely political and the lackey explained there is no logic in what they say it does. Trump rally spreads Corona but BLM riots don't. Where is the logic in this? Mayor of Chicago Lori Lightfoot closed beaches but yet allows 30,000 people in Washington park to protest. How does this make sense? Shifter is right about one thing. Just ignore us if you can't handle reason.

O.o
No one said BLM protests don't spread Corona.  They're just more likely to wear masks (ya know, from the tear gas) than a Trump Ralley.