I am woke and want equality for all
I'm down with Kamala Harris as VP
I just want to see the look on Trumps face when he loses

Why do you support Joe Biden?

• 2211 Replies

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
Re: Why do you support Joe Biden?
« Reply #61 on: August 12, 2020, 09:24:08 PM »
I call bullshit!  There's no way Trump approved that coin.  It only mentions his name once.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

« Reply #62 on: August 13, 2020, 02:59:30 AM »
I call bullshit!  There's no way Trump approved that coin.  It only mentions his name once.

Maybe they only showed him one side, not the one commending “We”, “The World” and “Everyday Heroes”?

Anyway back on Harris, not being American I don’t know much about her, but she could be a sensible choice.

The main Republican attack is likely to be over the BLM protests, accusing the Democrats of supporting civil unrest and being anti law and order.  Her position as AG could make it much harder for that line to stick, plus having experience with the system should be a bonus in making sure any reform is effective and doesn’t come with unintended consequences.

Now the Dems just need to avoid talking about her being a Black/Asian woman as much as possible.  It doesn’t matter how significant they think that is.  Every voter who feels it’s important can see that she is and doesn’t need the campaign machine banging on about it.  Everyone else will either not care or suspect that’s the main reason she was chosen, which of course will be used against her in right wing media and social media. 

Don’t fall into that trap, it’s just so obvious.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #63 on: August 13, 2020, 03:02:55 AM »
A CORONA COIN!
Do you mean this coin?

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/495388-website-sells-100-coronavirus-commemorative-coins

Does anyone else think that the empty podium is significant.    The leadership was missing.   Still is.
Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #64 on: August 13, 2020, 03:06:22 AM »
A black woman was a smart choice

People will potentially see her as future President material (especially given Joe Bidens age)

It will compel more of the black voters to come out to vote (something that Hillary could not do) and it will also drive more women to vote (as evidenced by people voting for Hillary, solely because she was a woman and no other reason)

While I believe someones skin colour or gender is totally irrelevant in politics the truth is it does matter to enough people to make a difference at the poll. Especially when voting is not mandatory you really need to encourage people to get out there

If voting was both mandatory and held on a weekend, you'd almost guarantee Trump would have lost the last election lol. It's no wonder he doesn't like the idea of postal voting or any way that makes it easier for everyone to have their vote. He knows he'll lose

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

« Reply #65 on: August 13, 2020, 04:03:53 AM »

It was his only choice, really.  If he'd just picked an another ancient rich white dude, a decent amount of his base might just have gone "Meh, fuck this, more of the same" and not got out to vote, no matter how much they disliked Trump.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
  • Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crime
« Reply #66 on: August 13, 2020, 04:13:29 AM »

It was his only choice, really.  If he'd just picked an another ancient rich white dude, a decent amount of his base might just have gone "Meh, fuck this, more of the same" and not got out to vote, no matter how much they disliked Trump.
I think she was a smart choice, while he (as an old white rich guy) probably is okay for many people 'in the middle' or even some republicans that dislike trump, she (being a relatively young women with foreign roots) is what secures him the more radical leftist/liberal votes.
Quote from: croutons, the s.o.w.
You have received a warning for breaking the laws of mathematics.

Member of the BOTD

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #67 on: August 13, 2020, 05:39:27 AM »
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/08/11/joe-biden-vp-pick-kamala-harris-393768

It's official.  We're getting the dangerously insane communist Harris as VP.  Or maybe that's sleepy Harris.  Not sure what sort of attack Fox News is going to use on her.

Can't wait for the right wing woman-hating racist bigots to start foaming at the mouth.

Should we start a bingo game for the words they will use? Uppity. Angry. Bitch. Nasty. The other N-Word, of course too.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-kamala-harris-joe-biden-vice-president-pick/

Ok, so we have a confirmed NASTY. About a dozen of them so far from Trump.

We have ANGRY from Trump as well. Shes a nasty, angry woman apparently. I wonder if Trump has the Secret Service check under his bed for those scary strong women he's so threatened by.

We are well on our way to winning this bingo game. Yay.

« Reply #68 on: August 13, 2020, 05:40:34 AM »

People will potentially see her as future President material (especially given Joe Bidens age)

It will compel more of the black voters to come out to vote (something that Hillary could not do) and it will also drive more women to vote (as evidenced by people voting for Hillary, solely because she was a woman and no other reason)

While I believe someones skin colour or gender is totally irrelevant in politics the truth is it does matter to enough people to make a difference at the poll. Especially when voting is not mandatory you really need to encourage people to get out there

If voting was both mandatory and held on a weekend, you'd almost guarantee Trump would have lost the last election lol. It's no wonder he doesn't like the idea of postal voting or any way that makes it easier for everyone to have their vote. He knows he'll lose

Yeah, that’s all fine, but I think it would be a mistake to try to make too big a deal out of it. 

People who care about that don’t need it explained, and it could easily backfire with people who don’t really care. 

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #69 on: August 13, 2020, 05:49:53 AM »

Yeah, that’s all fine, but I think it would be a mistake to try to make too big a deal out of it. 

People who care about that don’t need it explained, and it could easily backfire with people who don’t really care.

The other smart move would certainly not draw attention to it. Then you bring identity politics into it which is not only a turn off but insults Kamala Harris and her integrity (oh she only got there because shes a black woman). Not saying anything will have her appear to be on the ticket on merit. The fact (to those that care) that she is black and a woman will just be the bonus

When Australia had its female PM she was very big on the 'woe is me, I'm female, I have it so tough' talk. Essentially sacked all the males from their positions to prop up more females and was hated by the public. Not because of her being a woman but because she made a big deal about it.

Kamala Harris is going to need to soften her image though. There are some people (thanks to her previous job as a prosecutor) that would see her as nasty. She fought to keep a potentially innocent man in jail years after the judge ordered his release stating he was innocent

https://www.laweekly.com/daniel-larsons-an-innocent-man-says-federal-judge-so-why-is-he-still-in-prison/

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #70 on: August 13, 2020, 08:20:31 AM »

Fox News attempts to attack Harris.  This is a bit of a work in progress.  A bit rough and ineffective but they've got a few months.  Should have something more coherent soon.

Lorddave

« Reply #71 on: August 13, 2020, 08:29:25 AM »

Fox News attempts to attack Harris.  This is a bit of a work in progress.  A bit rough and ineffective but they've got a few months.  Should have something more coherent soon.

Well you know, they gotta market test which key words work best on their audience.
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

« Reply #72 on: August 13, 2020, 09:18:52 AM »
Lets break down new earths bullshit.
Very 2nd post he hints that hes thinking very racists or sexist or homophobic thoughts and doesnt want to get banned.

Last up we have a long list of reason he doesnt like lightfoot.
So we'll ignore chicagos looooooong history of being a crime city.

newearths crazy opposition to paying taxes for services.
Guess what - roads, hospitals, police, teachers all cost money.
These are not "for profit centers".
If she was after your liberties she would increase police - because... liberties.   Yes?  No?   You understand how dictatorship works right?   

Or that "pay for play" is exactly what BOTH SIDES DO and your current potus is no exception (whos his EPA?  how about the EU embassador?   recent post master general?   any big bankers running key parts of govt?  USA school system is doing well...)

New earth is a stupid racist.
"Racist against whites" - chicago was split up by segregation.
So is being racist against blacks ok?
Or shes just plain racist?
Or is she changing laws that favor blacks is what makes her racist?
How do you feel about laws that favour whites?
Like making sure white people are able to get property while black people are forever paying rent.
What did she do that makes her racist against white people?

Continue saying stupid things.
Try and come up with a legitimate non hypocritical complaint.
And stop watching fox news.

So now you are reading my mind? Now you know what thoughts I'm thinking? Listen Coperfield you don't know jack shit, but one thing you are right about, I can't share certain views here because they will ban me. I was banned for very minor stuff before. I'm not gonna discuss Lightfoot with you because you are not from here and therefore talking out of your ass. Police, schools, and all other public services exist in every state, in Chicago however you pay triple for everything. There is no need for taxes to be so high here, so yes democrats are stealing the money in broad daylight. I know you are not from Chicago but the construction around downtown on I 94 has been going on for 10 years now and zero progress has been made. Where is the money going to? Certain exits around downtown have been under construction for years. While Indiana and Wisconsin fixes 50 miles of road in little under 3 months.  There is obviously a clear difference between Republican and Democrtic budgiting and spending. Chicago politics is third world and can only be compared to that of Mexico or other corrupt nations. And no Chicago was never this violent before cause we actually had a mayor that ran the city well and cared about police (Daley) Rahm and Lori ruined the city. Blacks have been in Chicago for over a hundred years now and still complaining about lack of opportunity, housing and discrimination while immigrants from Eastern Europe somehow succeed within the first two years of arrival to America. Do you see a problem here Kabool?
JJA voted for Pedro

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #73 on: August 13, 2020, 09:50:35 AM »

Well you know, they gotta market test which key words work best on their audience.
They've had months to do market research since Biden announced that he was going to pick a woman, and that's the best they could do?

Lorddave

« Reply #74 on: August 13, 2020, 09:59:35 AM »
Can you tell me, specifically, which area of I-94 has been under construction for 10 years?  I'm looking for it but all I found was a 2 year project from Pfingsten Road to the Edens Expressway.

https://www.illinoistollway.com/projects/tri-state/edens-spur

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #75 on: August 13, 2020, 10:16:53 AM »

They've had months to do market research since Biden announced that he was going to pick a woman, and that's the best they could do?

True.  I guess they were really fixated on the possibility of Biden picking Nicolas Maduro or something.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #76 on: August 13, 2020, 11:17:51 AM »

It will compel more of the black voters to come out to vote ... and it will also drive more women to vote

If I were one of those folks who thinks almost everything is racist
I would be taking a close look at your statement.   ;D

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
  • Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crime
« Reply #77 on: August 13, 2020, 11:22:37 AM »

It will compel more of the black voters to come out to vote ... and it will also drive more women to vote

If I were one of those folks who thinks almost everything is racist
I would be taking a close look at your statement.   ;D
Shifter being the head racist/misogynist of the botd is well known.
Quote from: croutons, the s.o.w.
You have received a warning for breaking the laws of mathematics.

Member of the BOTD

« Reply #78 on: August 13, 2020, 11:23:32 AM »

Eh?

Vice President!  She’s up for being Vice President, not President.

Unless Fox News is aware of a credible threat to Biden’s life, in which case they should probably get in touch with the FBI, Secret  Service or someone.

Otherwise it’s just rambling nonsense.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #79 on: August 13, 2020, 11:29:19 AM »
Oh but there is a credible threat to Joe Biden's life.  He's like 1000 years old.

Pseudo promoting her is a tactic to attack her instead of Biden.  They apparently believe she's an easier thing to demonize.  They're probably right.  But their strategy needs a lot of work.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #80 on: August 13, 2020, 12:01:31 PM »
Kamala Harris is going to need to soften her image though. There are some people (thanks to her previous job as a prosecutor) that would see her as nasty. She fought to keep a potentially innocent man in jail years after the judge ordered his release stating he was innocent

That's a perfect example of why sexism is still a problem.

A man doing that would be tough on crime, and seen as strong and dominant. Sure, you could say he went too far, but would say only because he's so aggressive on crime.

A woman is 'nasty' and needs to be more ladylike as to not spook men who can't handle women not being subservient to them.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #81 on: August 13, 2020, 12:11:17 PM »

That's a perfect example of why sexism is still a problem.

A man doing that would be tough on crime, and seen as strong and dominant. Sure, you could say he went too far, but would say only because he's so aggressive on crime.

A woman is 'nasty' and needs to be more ladylike as to not spook men who can't handle women not being subservient to them.

Men just get different adjectives but equal in condemnation

I wouldn't call a man keeping an innocent person a judge ordered released from jail in prison 'tough on crime'. I'd call him a bastard.

Know your place

« Reply #82 on: August 13, 2020, 01:31:13 PM »
Very 2nd post he hints that hes thinking very racists or sexist or homophobic thoughts and doesnt want to get banned.

If she was after your liberties she would increase police - because... liberties.   Yes?  No?   You understand how dictatorship works right?   

Or that "pay for play" is exactly what BOTH SIDES DO and your current potus is no exception (whos his EPA?  how about the EU embassador?   recent post master general?   any big bankers running key parts of govt?  USA school system is doing well...)

Like making sure white people are able to get property while black people are forever paying rent.

So now you are reading my mind? Now you know what thoughts I'm thinking? Listen Coperfield you don't know jack shit, but one thing you are right about, I can't share certain views here because they will ban me. I was banned for very minor stuff before. I'm not gonna discuss Lightfoot with you because you are not from here and therefore talking out of your ass. Police, schools, and all other public services exist in every state, in Chicago however you pay triple for everything. There is no need for taxes to be so high here, so yes democrats are stealing the money in broad daylight. I know you are not from Chicago but the construction around downtown on I 94 has been going on for 10 years now and zero progress has been made. Where is the money going to? Certain exits around downtown have been under construction for years. While Indiana and Wisconsin fixes 50 miles of road in little under 3 months.  There is obviously a clear difference between Republican and Democrtic budgiting and spending. Chicago politics is third world and can only be compared to that of Mexico or other corrupt nations. And no Chicago was never this violent before cause we actually had a mayor that ran the city well and cared about police (Daley) Rahm and Lori ruined the city. Blacks have been in Chicago for over a hundred years now and still complaining about lack of opportunity, housing and discrimination while immigrants from Eastern Europe somehow succeed within the first two years of arrival to America. Do you see a problem here Kabool?

Yes
That problem is racism as already mentioned.
Or are you saying the problem is black people?
Becauss thats completely different.
Gotcha...

Gtfo.

« Reply #83 on: August 13, 2020, 03:22:50 PM »

Yes
That problem is racism as already mentioned.
Or are you saying the problem is black people?
Becauss thats completely different.
Gotcha...

Gtfo.

Yes dude, the problem is not racism. This is 2020 not 1920. If we had racism there would be no black mayor, no black eldermen, no black secretary of state. Here in Illinois we have blacks in very high positions of power, yet black kids die every weekend from gun shots. Wake up liberals, just wake up.
JJA voted for Pedro

« Reply #84 on: August 13, 2020, 03:25:24 PM »
Can you tell me, specifically, which area of I-94 has been under construction for 10 years?  I'm looking for it but all I found was a 2 year project from Pfingsten Road to the Edens Expressway.

https://www.illinoistollway.com/projects/tri-state/edens-spur

Phingsten is not Chicago, its Northbrook. So from Phingsten to Edens is nowhere near downtown. I'm talking about the area of Spaghetti bowl where I 94 meets 290. This has been going on for 10 years. Equipment seating and no one is working.
JJA voted for Pedro

?

Jamie

• Retired
« Reply #85 on: August 13, 2020, 04:34:03 PM »
I opened the thread titled, "Why do you support Joe Biden?," just to see New Earth bitching about construction where I-94 meets 290.
"Conspiracy theorists actually believe in the conspiracy because that is more comforting." - Alan Moore

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #86 on: August 13, 2020, 04:45:05 PM »
I opened the thread titled, "Why do you support Joe Biden?," just to see New Earth bitching about construction where I-94 meets 290.

Yeah, I wonder why he can BS way off tangent to spew his vile brand of hatred and nonsense. What a Muppet. I'm sure our illustrious moderators will have a word with him. Eh boydster? :P

He clearly doesn't support Joe Biden. I know the concept of Biden becoming President with a black woman VP is awfully triggering to him and clearly shrivels his manhood to inferiority but perhaps he can sod off if he has nothing of substance to contribute

Know your place

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #87 on: August 13, 2020, 08:36:14 PM »
Yeah, I wonder why he can BS way off tangent to spew his vile brand of hatred and nonsense.
Maybe because you take the bait every time?

Lorddave

« Reply #88 on: August 14, 2020, 12:57:55 AM »
Sorry guys, my fault.

But its ok.  I found all the info I need and, as usual, he's full of shit. 

Long of it is: He's blinded by his own hatred to read things or look anywhere besides his small, tiny world.

Back on topic!

Joe Biden approves of the peace deal agreed on by the UAE and Israel.

Bom Tishop

• Official friend boy of the FES!!
« Reply #89 on: August 14, 2020, 02:12:22 AM »

Sure there is a little hyperbole, but for the most part I see nothing wrong with this video.

I am hoping the silent majority will pull through again, though I am afraid they won't be enough. I have never been this concerned on an election before. The Dems have shown how truly evil they are the last few months. Sadly the average Joe Dem who aren't such terrible people will vote for these snakes simply because there is a D on the ballot not knowing how bad they are screwing themselves and the country.

Truly terrible times
Quote from: Bom Tishop
LordDave is quite alright even for a bleeding heart liberal. Godspeed good sir