He will reunite Americans
I am woke and want equality for all
I'm down with Kamala Harris as VP
I just want to see the look on Trumps face when he loses

Why do you support Joe Biden?

• 565 Replies
Re: Why do you support Joe Biden?
« Reply #540 on: April 08, 2021, 02:45:58 AM »
Giving corporations tax breaks with the expectation that they will spread the extra wealth around is trickle down economics. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trickle-down_economics
Wealth has been continually trickling (sometimes gushing) up since around 1980.  When do you expect it to start going the other way?

I do not, I'm not sure why you think I'm arguing in favor of trickle down economics.
Because of your words?  But sorry I misunderstood.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

« Reply #541 on: April 08, 2021, 05:00:06 AM »

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #542 on: April 08, 2021, 06:35:48 AM »
Seriously, scg
Trickle down is proven to not work in so many examples
Quit promoting it

I believe you've misunderstood what SCG was saying...
I believe you need a refresher course in sarcasm.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2021, 08:37:23 AM by markjo »
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #543 on: April 08, 2021, 09:06:34 AM »
Did everyone just completely loose the ability to detect sarcasm in this thread?  What a cluster. :)

I'll put my views simply then.  Trickle down does not work.  It's bad for the economy.  It only serves to make the rich wealthier.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #544 on: April 08, 2021, 10:30:30 AM »
You don't say?
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #545 on: April 08, 2021, 11:34:26 AM »

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #546 on: April 08, 2021, 01:49:00 PM »
Uncle Joe is talking gun control today.

Ghost guns - Something I didn't know was an issue. I do think having untraceable guns should be illegal.

Ban assault weapons - This won't go over well with the gun nuts.

Close "Charleston loophole" - Gives more time to complete background checks, I hope they get this one done.

Background checks for guns bought at gun shows - Good, but I wonder about other private sales.

Reauthorize Violence Against Women Act - I think this shouldn't have been allowed to lapse, and I also wonder if this will close the "boyfriend loophole".

Eliminate gun manufacturer immunity - This will require an act of Congress. I don't know if it will get through the senate, and I also don't know if this is a good idea or not. 

There's probably more, but that's what I've seen so far. 
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

« Reply #547 on: April 08, 2021, 01:54:48 PM »
Did everyone just completely loose the ability to detect sarcasm in this thread? 
Are you being sarcastic now?
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #548 on: April 08, 2021, 05:11:59 PM »
Did everyone just completely loose the ability to detect sarcasm in this thread? 
Are you being sarcastic now?
Maybe?

DuckDodgers

• One Duck to Rule Them All
  • What's supposed to go here?
« Reply #549 on: April 09, 2021, 06:09:50 AM »
I don't see how eliminating manufacturer immunity could be a good thing.  I can understand if there was a defect with the gun which caused an injury, but for a gun to be used in a shooting and open the manufacturer to liability for the damages caused sounds dangerous.  You're essentially making one party responsible for a completely unrelated party's actions.  The manufacturers aren't even the ones selling the guns to the people using them.
markjo, what force can not pass through a solid or liquid?
Magnetism for one and electric is the other.

Shifter

• Blind to the truth
« Reply #550 on: April 09, 2021, 06:50:00 AM »
I don't see how eliminating manufacturer immunity could be a good thing.  I can understand if there was a defect with the gun which caused an injury, but for a gun to be used in a shooting and open the manufacturer to liability for the damages caused sounds dangerous.  You're essentially making one party responsible for a completely unrelated party's actions.  The manufacturers aren't even the ones selling the guns to the people using them.

Yeah and where would it end? If the shooter was a big fan of the Call of Duty games will the studio of those games be held accountable? (no sympathy if the studio is EA. F those guys lol)

A Future Is Not Given To You. It Is Something You Must Take For Yourself

« Reply #551 on: April 09, 2021, 06:58:58 AM »

might force them to remove items like bump stocks and large mags for regular folk

side note
could this extend to social media platforms?
Zuckface tried to deny liability

DuckDodgers

« Reply #552 on: April 09, 2021, 07:55:23 AM »

might force them to remove items like bump stocks and large mags for regular folk

side note
Or you could just institute a ban on bump stocks or limit magazine sizes if that is what you want.  Making gun manufacturers liable could be extended in other areas.  Someone gets into a head-on collision because of a drunk driver, now that person could sue both the car manufacturer and the brewing company for the drunk driver's actions.  Someone chokes on a chicken bone or has an allergic reaction to a food, sue the farmer which raised/grew the food.  It just doesn't make sense in any way, you can't hold a company responsible for the actions of someone who uses their products yet have no interaction with.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #553 on: April 09, 2021, 07:58:58 AM »

side note
Or you could just institute a ban on bump stocks or limit magazine sizes if that is what you want.  Making gun manufacturers liable could be extended in other areas.  Someone gets into a head-on collision because of a drunk driver, now that person could sue both the car manufacturer and the brewing company for the drunk driver's actions.  Someone chokes on a chicken bone or has an allergic reaction to a food, sue the farmer which raised/grew the food.  It just doesn't make sense in any way, you can't hold a company responsible for the actions of someone who uses their products yet have no interaction with.

This is exactly why I don't think it's such a good idea.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #554 on: April 09, 2021, 08:07:22 AM »
Holding gun manufacturers liable isn't going to solve anything. Realistically that would last until the first lawsuit gets to the now highly conservative Supreme Court which will just shoot it down.

And lets be honest here, hand guns and automatics are designed and built to kill people. It seems weird to sue a company because their products worked as designed.

I'm liberal and don't support most gun legislation because I think it's not an issue that can be solved with a few laws. At this point the GOP has made guns a huge wedge issue, and convinced Republican voters that Democrats want to raid their homes, steal their guns and put them all into reeducation camps. Tell a Republican you are a Democrat with a gun and they look at you like you're a unicorn.

Biden's executive orders won't do anything, they can just be reversed by the next President.  Even if not, they won't make a dent.

There are only two solutions.  Get rid of the guns, or get rid of the environment that makes people use them. Anyone looking at things realistically is going to know that getting rid of them just isn't going to happen. It's just not. That leaves the second option, which sucks because there isn't much we can do THERE either. But at least that is something we could realistically improve.

« Reply #555 on: April 09, 2021, 09:51:20 AM »

side note

I can own a ferrari but i cant race it on regular roads, i have to take it to a track
Tobacco and beer have specific rules in advertising to minors.

Bannong bumpstocks and mags is part of it but its these companies skirting the rules to make products that essentially do the same thing.
Bumpstock dodges full auto.
Having kits to convert semi to full auto also possible.

Not holding the inappropriate actions to the individual but having avenues for use and appropriate restrictions.
If gun lobby was held accountable they would limit a lot of their lobbying and advertising efforts.

I mean look at fox being sued for having mypillow guy on there.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2021, 10:44:31 AM by Themightykabool »

Lorddave

« Reply #556 on: April 09, 2021, 11:07:26 AM »

Agreed.
I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

DuckDodgers

« Reply #557 on: April 09, 2021, 11:11:29 AM »

side note

I can own a ferrari but i cant race it on regular roads, i have to take it to a track

Bannong bumpstocks and mags is part of it but its these companies skirting the rules to make products that essentially do the same thing.

Not holding the inappropriate actions to the individual but having avenues for use and appropriate restrictions.
If gun lobby was held accountable they would limit a lot of their lobbying and advertising efforts.

How many mass shootings have been conducted using bump stocks or something else that circumvents restrictions in place on guns?  The only one I can think of is the Las Vegas shooting.  Those full automatic conversion kits are as regulated as full automatic weapons, you have to have a special license to obtain one.  Besides, there are things people can do without the kits to turn their semiautomatics into full automatic without the kits, but doing this is illegal.  I don't recall hearing of any mass shooting being conducted with a fully automatic weapon though.

You're missing the mark here.  You can own a ferrari and illegally race it on the street.  If you do this, someone effected by your stupid decision can't sue the manufacturer, which is a good thing.  Hold the accountable party responsible.

« Reply #558 on: April 09, 2021, 11:52:14 AM »
You probably canít hold manufacturers responsible for individual incidents, but maybe the industry and its lobbyists should be accountable for doing everything they can to block legislation and bolster the culture of gun ownership.  And a lot of that is spreading fear.  They are the ones filling the country with guns and then they tell you that the only way to protect yourself and your family from all the people with guns is to buy their guns.  You canít deny the results, but doesnít that seem a tad unethical?

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #559 on: April 09, 2021, 12:04:24 PM »
Definitely makes a lot more sense to me to go after the lobbyists instead of the manufacturers. Lobby groups need some kind of regulation anyway, imo.

« Reply #560 on: April 09, 2021, 12:10:01 PM »

side note

How many mass shootings have been conducted using bump stocks or something else that circumvents restrictions in place on guns?  The only one I can think of is the Las Vegas shooting.  Those full automatic conversion kits are as regulated as full automatic weapons, you have to have a special license to obtain one.  Besides, there are things people can do without the kits to turn their semiautomatics into full automatic without the kits, but doing this is illegal.  I don't recall hearing of any mass shooting being conducted with a fully automatic weapon though.

You're missing the mark here.  You can own a ferrari and illegally race it on the street.  If you do this, someone effected by your stupid decision can't sue the manufacturer, which is a good thing.  Hold the accountable party responsible.

Good point.

Guess only point left is advertising practices and lobby practices.

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Intelligence Officer
« Reply #561 on: April 13, 2021, 11:56:58 AM »
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

« Reply #562 on: April 13, 2021, 12:01:09 PM »
worked well for obama...

hope biden has a better exit strategy

ISIS-II

Lorddave

« Reply #563 on: April 13, 2021, 12:43:51 PM »
worked well for obama...

ISIS-II

Can't be worse than Trump's exit stratagy: Stand aside and let the bad guys in.
I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

« Reply #564 on: April 13, 2021, 01:35:44 PM »
worked well for obama...

ISIS-II

Can't be worse than Trump's exit stratagy: Stand aside and let the bad guys in.

trump didn't know what was going on.

but if you look at the timing, they moved away from kurds because he likes erdogan, but also because he was trying to pick a fight with iran and needed to shift troops a-ready at the border.
(which luckily failed, at the cost of 1 full jet liner 167people).

« Reply #565 on: April 22, 2021, 11:07:29 AM »
Now you have Joe Biden releasing the whirlwind so itís time to batten down the hatches and hang on.
What is happening on the southern border, be the only thing, is yet to be seen?
The the universe has no obligation to makes sense to you.
The earth is a globe.