Why do you support Joe Biden?

• 565 Replies

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
Re: Why do you support Joe Biden?
« Reply #300 on: January 25, 2021, 04:41:04 PM »
It's only round to him because his glasses have fish eye lenses.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #301 on: January 25, 2021, 04:55:40 PM »
Getting JJA to admit he's wrong is liking getting you to admit the earth is round.  ;)
It's round, like a pizza!
FTFY
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Jamie

• Numbers Archivist
« Reply #302 on: January 25, 2021, 04:57:27 PM »
Actually, on second thought, I should've specified globular.
There is a preverb in Turkish:  "Do not think everybody have beard is your grandfather".

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
  • FREEDOIS IS ᗡIИIRG!
« Reply #303 on: January 25, 2021, 05:40:10 PM »
From an outside vantage point, saying "XYZ is at the bottom of my list of things to care about" is generally something people say when they want to make it abundantly clear that they really don't care about whatever XYZ is.

If you ignore the entire rest of the conversation that's a barely passable excuse for accusing me of not caring about women.

And just as a reminder, I was talking about the problem of trans men being sent to a womans prison as being a low priority for me to worry about, because it's such a small percentage. It's why I don't get worked up about redheads getting raped in prison... I'd rather fix the fucking system and stop all of it instead of focus on one small group and ignore the rest.

On the other hand, men AND women getting raped in prison was something I said was very high on my priority list and that does happen a lot and is mostly ignored.  It pisses me off.  I want it fixed, I'm angry nothing is being done about it and sick to death of for profit prisons and all how many people we send there.

It's a very dishonest ploy to say, and continue to say I don't care about women. That's bullshit.
I'm pretty sure that's not what I said. I stated how the phrase you chose to use is typically used when people have conversations.

You did, I responded to that in the first sentence, and the rest was pointing out the context of the rest of the conversation. Which I still think is dishonest when calling me someone who doesn't care about women when that is very clearly not what I said. At all.

I get accused of all kinds of things here and ignore most of them, but not this one.  I wouldn't let someone tell me I'm a racist who hates minorities either.
Please quote where I said you don't care about women, like you are accusing me of. I'll wait.

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
  • FREEDOIS IS ᗡIИIRG!
« Reply #304 on: January 25, 2021, 05:46:30 PM »
Actually, on second thought, I should've specified globular.
I've been clear and direct with people that I'm RE when the conversation requires it. It doesn't happen often, especially not since I've been here so long. When that isn't relevant to the argument, I leave it out, and that is frequently illuminating in finding out how tribal someone is when they think you are "them" and not "us" - something I think you can relate to. And when I've told someone before, I have little patience for that person ignoring it in the future so as to make an attack they know perfectly well is disingenuous.

Jamie

• Numbers Archivist
« Reply #305 on: January 25, 2021, 05:52:36 PM »
Yeah, I see what you're saying.
There is a preverb in Turkish:  "Do not think everybody have beard is your grandfather".

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #306 on: January 26, 2021, 04:34:14 AM »
From an outside vantage point, saying "XYZ is at the bottom of my list of things to care about" is generally something people say when they want to make it abundantly clear that they really don't care about whatever XYZ is.

If you ignore the entire rest of the conversation that's a barely passable excuse for accusing me of not caring about women.

And just as a reminder, I was talking about the problem of trans men being sent to a womans prison as being a low priority for me to worry about, because it's such a small percentage. It's why I don't get worked up about redheads getting raped in prison... I'd rather fix the fucking system and stop all of it instead of focus on one small group and ignore the rest.

On the other hand, men AND women getting raped in prison was something I said was very high on my priority list and that does happen a lot and is mostly ignored.  It pisses me off.  I want it fixed, I'm angry nothing is being done about it and sick to death of for profit prisons and all how many people we send there.

It's a very dishonest ploy to say, and continue to say I don't care about women. That's bullshit.
I'm pretty sure that's not what I said. I stated how the phrase you chose to use is typically used when people have conversations.

You did, I responded to that in the first sentence, and the rest was pointing out the context of the rest of the conversation. Which I still think is dishonest when calling me someone who doesn't care about women when that is very clearly not what I said. At all.

I get accused of all kinds of things here and ignore most of them, but not this one.  I wouldn't let someone tell me I'm a racist who hates minorities either.
Please quote where I said you don't care about women, like you are accusing me of. I'll wait.

For the third time I'm not accusing you of saying that. I spent the first sentence replying to you, and the rest complaining about the rest of the discussion, which involved someone else.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #307 on: January 26, 2021, 04:38:50 AM »
Yes, I'm sure if you were accused of being a conspiracy following insurrectionist Trump supporter like all the others you would just drop it and let it go, right? :p

There were 74 million people at the Capitol riot?

Well, if all the Democratic voters showed up, you'd have to account, too, for the illegal immigrants, underaged teens, and literally dead people who also voted... /s

No, there were only a few thousand Trump supporters who were there.  But the rest were there in spirit. :)

As for all the underage illegal dead Democrats, I'm sure you have a source for all of those. :)

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #308 on: January 26, 2021, 04:39:50 AM »
Getting JJA to admit he's wrong is liking getting you to admit the earth is round.  ;)

Oh that's unfair, I've admitted I was wrong at least once. Very likely even twice, maybe more.

It's hard to remember because it happens so infrequently.  ;D

Jamie

• Numbers Archivist
« Reply #309 on: January 26, 2021, 06:12:49 AM »
No, there were only a few thousand Trump supporters who were there.  But the rest were there in spirit. :)

As for all the underage illegal dead Democrats, I'm sure you have a source for all of those. :)

I was watching the news in horror all afternoon. That was a terrible day.

The evidence is coming. Just you wait! It's like @MAGA_Priest said on Twitter, "The truth will come out!@!!" /s

Shifter

• Blind to the truth
« Reply #310 on: January 26, 2021, 08:26:26 PM »
“VICTORY,” tweeted Texas Attorney-General Ken Paxton, a close ally of former President Donald Trump.

“Texas is the FIRST state in the nation to bring a lawsuit against the Biden Admin. AND WE WON. Within six days of Biden’s inauguration, Texas has HALTED his illegal deportation freeze. *This* was a seditious left-wing insurrection. And my team and I stopped it.”

A seditious left wing insurrection by Biden!!! Impeach! Impeach!
A Future Is Not Given To You. It Is Something You Must Take For Yourself

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Intelligence Officer
« Reply #311 on: January 26, 2021, 08:40:08 PM »
Ken Paxton sounds like a crazy person.  But strip away the maga-speak and this is just par for the course.  Nearly everything congress or the president does gets challenged in court.  It's almost like beta testing a law.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Shifter

• Blind to the truth
« Reply #312 on: January 27, 2021, 04:36:35 AM »

GET 'EM JOE!

« Reply #313 on: January 27, 2021, 04:37:17 AM »
Love how these right wing think tanks cant figure any other strategy than to flip words.

I saw the Fox Five try a "fact check" segment on biden which just turned into a giant op ed.
And how "radical left" became a thing adter the "radical right" started bringing guns to "we want hair cut" protests.
Now they want to use insurrection.

Just redefine words as you go.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Intelligence Officer
« Reply #314 on: January 28, 2021, 04:42:01 PM »
https://www.axios.com/biden-freezes-us-arms-sales-saudi-arabia-uae-523ed4cf-6a97-487f-9732-f881b0b3cd55.html

That's movement in the right direction.  We should really cut ties and declare them a terrorist nation but this is a good step.

Shifter

• Blind to the truth
« Reply #315 on: January 28, 2021, 05:45:19 PM »
https://www.axios.com/biden-freezes-us-arms-sales-saudi-arabia-uae-523ed4cf-6a97-487f-9732-f881b0b3cd55.html

That's movement in the right direction.  We should really cut ties and declare them a terrorist nation but this is a good step.

Saudi Arabia may as well be ISIS. Just with a badge

To hell with their Wahhabism

Shifter

• Blind to the truth
« Reply #316 on: January 29, 2021, 09:35:09 PM »

To all those repugs that wanted Trump to 'declassify everything' well he was too chicken shit. Biden will do some of it.

Oh look. Trump was hiding critical data from you guys because it would make him look bad

The sort of thing some bastard authoritarian / dictator / communist arsehole kind of leader would do ::)

Lorddave

« Reply #317 on: January 30, 2021, 12:22:26 AM »
Not shocking.

And those white spots are probably mostly uninhabited.
I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #318 on: January 30, 2021, 08:17:55 AM »
Not shocking.

Can confirm for the white spots in the Texas/Oklahoma panhandle area. A whole lot of nothing for miles and miles. Also, I think that slightly lighter red blob in Florida is Lake Okeechobee. lol
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

« Reply #319 on: January 30, 2021, 09:28:13 AM »
I think it was pakman that mentioned this last year.

Although an old map i found, still relavent in terms of where the peoole are.

http://ecpmlangues.u-strasbg.fr/civilization/geography/US-census-maps-demographics.html

Shifter

• Blind to the truth
« Reply #320 on: January 30, 2021, 09:40:31 AM »
Not shocking.

Can confirm for the white spots in the Texas/Oklahoma panhandle area. A whole lot of nothing for miles and miles. Also, I think that slightly lighter red blob in Florida is Lake Okeechobee. lol

It's almost like any part where people live in America, quite a few people are walking around infected. Anytime you go out in public, there's a high chance you cross paths with a covid infected person. You got over 26 million test positive but I bet the real number is much greater than that.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #321 on: January 30, 2021, 01:47:36 PM »
Today is my mom's birthday so we all went to a restaurant. It's the first time I've gone into a restaurant for a meal since before the plague. Now I am nervous.

Stash

« Reply #322 on: January 30, 2021, 02:21:10 PM »
Today is my mom's birthday so we all went to a restaurant. It's the first time I've gone into a restaurant for a meal since before the plague. Now I am nervous.

HBD to Mom's Mom.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #323 on: January 30, 2021, 03:06:39 PM »
I will tell her happy birthday from the flat earth society. She won't believe me. lol

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Empathiser
  • Will I still be perfect tomorrow?
« Reply #324 on: February 01, 2021, 11:19:43 AM »

Tell her happy birthday from the UK and Biden (as it's his thread)
Eagles may soar high, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

High Priestess of the “Society for the Promotion of Arbitrary Moderation” (SPAM)

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #325 on: February 01, 2021, 12:15:16 PM »
I will tell her!

Jamie

• Numbers Archivist
« Reply #326 on: February 02, 2021, 05:05:45 AM »
Happy belated birthday, Grandma FE!

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Intelligence Officer
« Reply #327 on: February 22, 2021, 09:41:00 AM »
Neera Tanden...

I haven't heard a lot about this person.  Apparently she's sort of a corrupt shithead. 

Shifter

• Blind to the truth
« Reply #328 on: February 22, 2021, 09:54:49 AM »
Neera Tanden...

I haven't heard a lot about this person.  Apparently she's sort of a corrupt shithead.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neera_Tanden
On November 30, 2020, President-elect Joe Biden announced that Tanden would be his nominee for Director of the Office of Management and Budget.[40] Immediately following the announcement, Tanden deleted over 1,000 of her previous tweets,[41] and changed her Twitter bio from "progressive" to "liberal".[42] During the confirmation hearing, Tanden apologized for several of her tweets attacking Republican senators, including tweets calling Susan Collins "the worst", comparing Ted Cruz to vampires and Lord Voldemort, and using the nickname "Moscow Mitch" for Mitch McConnell.[43] Senator John Cornyn described Tanden as "radioactive" in contrast to other Biden nominees he felt were more acceptable,[44] while Senator John Kennedy stated that she "called Senator Sanders everything but an ignorant slut".[45][46] NPR described her as "Biden's most controversial Cabinet pick".[47]

Many members of the 2016 and 2020 Bernie Sanders presidential campaigns, such as Briahna Joy Gray, strongly dislike Tanden and have drawn an explicit distinction between "progressives and Neera Tanden"; Politico described her nomination as "the equivalent of rubbing salt in the wound".[48]

In February 2021, Senator Joe Manchin (D-WV) said he opposed her nomination due to "overtly partisan statements" in the past, putting her approval in doubt due to the split senate.[49][50] Key Senators Susan Collins (R-ME) and Mitt Romney (R-UT) will also vote against Tanden's nomination.[51] Conservative commentator Hugh Hewitt wrote that Republicans should forgive her and approve the nomination.[52] No Republican senators have indicated they will do so.[53]

If Biden wants to get any good will from the repugnicans he should dump her. Her nomination just looks antagonistic. And for all the 'we have to work together and unity' speeches, she seems an odd choice.

Lorddave

« Reply #329 on: February 22, 2021, 10:10:06 AM »
Neera Tanden...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neera_Tanden
On November 30, 2020, President-elect Joe Biden announced that Tanden would be his nominee for Director of the Office of Management and Budget.[40] Immediately following the announcement, Tanden deleted over 1,000 of her previous tweets,[41] and changed her Twitter bio from "progressive" to "liberal".[42] During the confirmation hearing, Tanden apologized for several of her tweets attacking Republican senators, including tweets calling Susan Collins "the worst", comparing Ted Cruz to vampires and Lord Voldemort, and using the nickname "Moscow Mitch" for Mitch McConnell.[43] Senator John Cornyn described Tanden as "radioactive" in contrast to other Biden nominees he felt were more acceptable,[44] while Senator John Kennedy stated that she "called Senator Sanders everything but an ignorant slut".[45][46] NPR described her as "Biden's most controversial Cabinet pick".[47]

Many members of the 2016 and 2020 Bernie Sanders presidential campaigns, such as Briahna Joy Gray, strongly dislike Tanden and have drawn an explicit distinction between "progressives and Neera Tanden"; Politico described her nomination as "the equivalent of rubbing salt in the wound".[48]

In February 2021, Senator Joe Manchin (D-WV) said he opposed her nomination due to "overtly partisan statements" in the past, putting her approval in doubt due to the split senate.[49][50] Key Senators Susan Collins (R-ME) and Mitt Romney (R-UT) will also vote against Tanden's nomination.[51] Conservative commentator Hugh Hewitt wrote that Republicans should forgive her and approve the nomination.[52] No Republican senators have indicated they will do so.[53]

If Biden wants to get any good will from the repugnicans he should dump her. Her nomination just looks antagonistic. And for all the 'we have to work together and unity' speeches, she seems an odd choice.

But that kinda stuff is what Republicans love.  Look at Trump.  I would think she's the "Republican Friendly" pick.
I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.