Another mass shooting...

• 1783 Replies

Shifter

• Blind to the truth
Re: Another mass shooting...
« Reply #1770 on: April 16, 2021, 11:40:21 PM »
So glad Australia doesn't have some shitty bill of rights. Would only make all the dickwads feel entitled. No. They WOULD be entitled. Yikes!

I'm happy to defer a so called 'fReEdOM!' of owning a gun if it means my blood thirsty deranged neighbours equally don't have one

Americas poor reputation elsewhere in the world is totally deserved. I know you guys think you're the greatest and everyone loves you. Ha! That's just propaganda talking

Many people in North Korea are told the same thing. And before China opened up to the world and had tens of millions die in starvation and poverty, they were told they were a shining light in the world and the rest of the world lived in darkness

What's different about the lies you are told? Nothing

Everyone has the right to feel safe. I'll take that right over some shitty 'I can own a gun!' right because clearly given the amount of homicides l and mass shootings you have, there is no feeling of genuine safety.

Don't believe me? If you own a gun and keep it in your house 'just in case', go hand the gun back. Feel different? Then you never have felt real safety.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2021, 11:41:53 PM by Shifter »
A Future Is Not Given To You. It Is Something You Must Take For Yourself

Lorddave

« Reply #1771 on: April 17, 2021, 12:34:34 AM »
Very sad and depressing, all this suffering.

Short bursts of anger where people snap is a societal issue.

One which no gun control measures enacted virtually anywhere have ever resolved.

You take away peoples guns you just make them allthemore controllable and malleable by government. Consequentially those who fall through the cracks in any society due to mental illness just find other ways to slaughter people. And there is always the black market, which will always exist. In Europe especially there is a thriving illegal gun market that has been getting larger increasingly.

Gun control only affects law abiding citizens, not criminals. You also will no longer be able to regulate the market.

Iím not excusing mass shootings/murders, but these happen in every other country too.

I hate that whole "black market exists" BS.
1. Where the hell is the black market?  How would I get a gun/drugs/children on it? 
2. Where does their supply come from?

Answers:
1. Most people don't know.   So if I snap, I have no idea how to find an illegal gun that someone will sell.  I'd google it, which is what police/fbi/local agencies do.  So not that helpful.  What most people do is either legally buy one or steal from someone they know has a gun. 

2. Some are smuggled in, sure, but most are from LEGAL OWNERS.  Especially in the US.  Buying for your "friend".  Selling in a gunshop for "extra".  Or just breaking into someone's house and stealing their guns. The majority of guns come from people who had one legally and sold it, had it stolen, or was allowed to purchase it.
And Mexico?  American guns get smuggled south, fyi.  If America had less guns, less guns would go to Mexico, making it safer.

What, do you think there's big factories all making guns for a black market on b-bay.com?
I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

« Reply #1772 on: April 17, 2021, 05:16:02 AM »
Bill of rights is important.

Hoeever having an educated population of nonsheep is equally important to keep siad BOR from being twisted.

Its so funny when magas call people sheep.
Oh the irony.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2021, 07:09:27 AM by Themightykabool »

« Reply #1773 on: April 17, 2021, 06:24:47 AM »
Iím not excusing mass shootings/murders, but these happen in every other country too.
Not really.  The last school shooting in the UK was in 1996.  I say last, it might well be "only".

The last mass shooting in which anyone died was the Cumbria shootings in 2011.  These things are incredibly rare in Britain.  Incidents that are etched onto the nation's memory would barely get reported in the USA.

Gun control only affects law abiding citizens, not criminals. You also will no longer be able to regulate the market.
You're a Brit aren't you?  Are you saying you'd advocate for mass gun ownership in the UK?

Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

« Reply #1774 on: April 17, 2021, 07:12:54 AM »
Very sad and depressing, all this suffering.

Short bursts of anger where people snap is a societal issue.

One which no gun control measures enacted virtually anywhere have ever resolved.

You take away peoples guns you just make them allthemore controllable and malleable by government. Consequentially those who fall through the cracks in any society due to mental illness just find other ways to slaughter people. And there is always the black market, which will always exist. In Europe especially there is a thriving illegal gun market that has been getting larger increasingly.

I hate that whole "black market exists" BS.
1. Where the hell is the black market?  How would I get a gun/drugs/children on it? 
2. Where does their supply come from?

Answers:
1. Most people don't know.   So if I snap, I have no idea how to find an illegal gun that someone will sell.  I'd google it, which is what police/fbi/local agencies do.  So not that helpful.  What most people do is either legally buy one or steal from someone they know has a gun. 

2. Some are smuggled in, sure, but most are from LEGAL OWNERS.  Especially in the US.  Buying for your "friend".  Selling in a gunshop for "extra".  Or just breaking into someone's house and stealing their guns. The majority of guns come from people who had one legally and sold it, had it stolen, or was allowed to purchase it.
And Mexico?  American guns get smuggled south, fyi.  If America had less guns, less guns would go to Mexico, making it safer.

What, do you think there's big factories all making guns for a black market on b-bay.com?

From all the movies ive seen im pretty sure mexico and SAmerica get thie guns from the cia.

Canadians for sure get their drug guns from usa smugglers.
Very well documented.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #1775 on: April 17, 2021, 12:39:41 PM »

Many European countries don't have mass shootings every week, or even every year. Some go years without incidents.

Gun control is certainly possible, countries that outlaw handguns can regulate them quite well.

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Empathiser
  • Will I still be perfect tomorrow?
« Reply #1776 on: April 17, 2021, 01:37:58 PM »
Apparently there were 4 mass shootings in Europe in 2020 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:2020_mass_shootings_in_Europe), 24 fatalities.
Europe has a population of 748 million.

Excluding gang, organised crime or drug war killings the US had 614 mass shootings, 446 deaths, population 332.5 million.
That's nearly 19x the deaths in a population of less than half that of Europe. ( I think).

The only plus point seems to be that American shooters are a lot less accurate than Europeans.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mass_shootings_in_the_United_States_in_2020
« Last Edit: April 17, 2021, 02:04:29 PM by Jura-Glenlivet II »
Eagles may soar high, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

High Priestess of the ďSociety for the Promotion of Arbitrary ModerationĒ (SPAM)

« Reply #1777 on: April 17, 2021, 02:39:00 PM »
Worst in recent memeory was norway and the french mohammed newspaper.
Also
Many of those eruo countries have similar military and hunting cultures as usa.
So theyre gun familiar.
But muchmuchmuuuuuch better social prograns.

Then look at japan where people have an insane work culture.
No guns
Wosrt you get are one time a pshyco with katanas cutting children.
What is japan doing diffeently for mental health?
Who knows.
Maybe the avilability of body pillows?

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
  • FREEDOIS IS ᗡIИIRG!
« Reply #1778 on: April 18, 2021, 06:04:27 AM »
Other countries: Mass shootings are bad, mmmkay?
America: We kind of just lean into it, you know? We're pretty great at it.

https://www.kenoshanews.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/3-killed-2-injured-in-somers-house-tavern-shooting-sheriffs-office-says/article_a840cf5b-8c30-5eba-b911-870923d720e7.html
Authorities pleaded Sunday for help in locating a suspect who opened fire at a Kenosha County tavern in a confrontation that left three people dead and two people seriously injured.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #1779 on: April 19, 2021, 05:31:35 AM »
Also
So theyre gun familiar.

Gun culture in many European countries is the reason for so few gun deaths.

Imagine living in a country where handguns are simply banned. Where you can own a hunting rifle and shotgun, but you have to store them at the police station and check them out when you want to use them.

A bit less convenient but no worries about them being stolen or your kid or your friends kids finding them and shooting someone by accident.

And if you storm into the police station mumbling about how your wife is a cheatin whore and demand your shotgun, yeah. Good luck with that.

Compared to the USA where you can just avoid every gun law on the books and buy one from a gun show and keep it loaded and stuffed in your pants in many states so you can pull it out and shoot that guy who looked at you funny.  And people wonder why the US has so many shootings.

Hint. It's all the guns.

Shifter

• Blind to the truth
« Reply #1780 on: April 19, 2021, 05:41:04 AM »
What American Freedom looks like

https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/

No thanks  ::)
A Future Is Not Given To You. It Is Something You Must Take For Yourself

« Reply #1781 on: April 19, 2021, 06:16:32 AM »
Also
So theyre gun familiar.

Gun culture in many European countries is the reason for so few gun deaths.

Imagine living in a country where handguns are simply banned. Where you can own a hunting rifle and shotgun, but you have to store them at the police station and check them out when you want to use them.

A bit less convenient but no worries about them being stolen or your kid or your friends kids finding them and shooting someone by accident.

And if you storm into the police station mumbling about how your wife is a cheatin whore and demand your shotgun, yeah. Good luck with that.

Compared to the USA where you can just avoid every gun law on the books and buy one from a gun show and keep it loaded and stuffed in your pants in many states so you can pull it out and shoot that guy who looked at you funny.  And people wonder why the US has so many shootings.

Hint. It's all the guns.

Guns dont kill people
Inept castrated congressmen kill people

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Intelligence Officer
« Reply #1782 on: April 19, 2021, 07:18:06 AM »
What American Freedom looks like

https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/

No thanks  ::)

Well of course it's going to look bad if you highlight it with blood red.

Try using tiny mermaids to indicate gun deaths.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

« Reply #1783 on: April 19, 2021, 08:58:54 AM »
this map is silly and anytime someone uses it it matches teh population density of the usa.

this one is more applicable (disclaimer, i have not vetted any of these maps...)

ownership:
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0d/World_map_of_civilian_gun_ownership_-_2nd_color_scheme.svg

violence:
http://cdn1.vox-cdn.com/assets/4594341/gun_ownership_map.jpg

« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 09:19:04 AM by Themightykabool »