Dimensions of FE

• 12 Replies
Dimensions of FE
« on: July 22, 2020, 07:14:29 AM »
I have tried to find out what the dimensions of the flat earth is. It has to be cylindrical of course however I can't find any specific
distances for diameter and height. Since a cylinder is a 3 dimensional figure it has to have both of these distances.
What are your thoughts on this?

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
Re: Dimensions of FE
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2020, 07:50:20 AM »
My thoughts are that the earth is an infinite plane.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2020, 08:39:36 AM »
So am I understanding this right, if I was to dig a hole I could keep digging forever?
Earth is a cylinder starting at our feet extending out infinitely in all directions?

Shifter

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2020, 08:45:09 AM »
So am I understanding this right, if I was to dig a hole I could keep digging forever?
Earth is a cylinder starting at our feet extending out infinitely in all directions?

Infinity is a concept. Also infinite plain I guess would not suggest infinite depth. The furthest we have dug is a tad over 12km. Basically we dont know how deep the Earth is but you could theorise a limit based on the pressure and heat that is found at 12km

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place.

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2020, 09:08:14 AM »

Infinity is a concept. Also infinite plain I guess would not suggest infinite depth. The furthest we have dug is a tad over 12km. Basically we dont know how deep the Earth is but you could theorise a limit based on the pressure and heat that is found at 12km

Right 'cause that's what I didn't understand. I think I remember reading somewhere that the plane was only about 8 km deep, which of course would not make sense considering the Mariana Trench being a little over 11 km deep. Just couldn't make the numbers match up, but this seems to be more likely.

John Davis

• Secretary Of The Society
  • Administrator
  • Most Prolific Scientist, 2019
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2020, 03:46:12 PM »
You can find the depth of the infinite plane, or an estimate of it, here:
https://theflatearthsociety.org/home/index.php/blog/infinite-flat-earth-mathematics
Quantum Ab Hoc

John Davis

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2020, 03:47:09 PM »
4,195.43km deep. You likely are watching you tube videos.
Quantum Ab Hoc

John Davis

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2020, 03:48:01 PM »
And yes, you can predict this using only the tools available to Eratosthenes at the time. Another one for the boxes of notebooks. (and perhaps a follow up article.)
Quantum Ab Hoc

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2020, 12:22:18 PM »
Can I ask a question on the dimensions. As Iím struggling with the flat earth but open with a curious mind.  Having seen the map of what the flat watch would look like. What would the radious of the North Pole to the edge be. As seems to be a ice wall.  Would it be the same distance as what would be on the GE of 20026.26km which is North Pole to the South Pole

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2020, 05:39:14 AM »
I have tried to find out what the dimensions of the flat earth is. It has to be cylindrical

Why does it have to be cylindrical?

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2020, 06:47:17 AM »
I have tried to find out what the dimensions of the flat earth is. It has to be cylindrical

Why does it have to be cylindrical?

A disk is cylindrical, which is what most people who come here assume we all think the earth is.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2020, 08:53:51 AM »
A disc is technically a two dimensional surface which is bounded by circumference such that every point on the circumference is an equal distance from the centre. A cylinder on the other hand is a 3D object which has height or length as well.

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
  • FREEDOIS IS ᗡIИIRG!
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2020, 09:35:33 AM »
A disc is technically a two dimensional surface which is bounded by circumference such that every point on the circumference is an equal distance from the centre. A cylinder on the other hand is a 3D object which has height or length as well.
Q&A isn't the place to get into a pedantic argument. The context was clear. If you'd like to debate shapes, take that elsewhere please.