Dimensions of FE

• 12 Replies
Dimensions of FE
« on: July 22, 2020, 07:14:29 AM »
I have tried to find out what the dimensions of the flat earth is. It has to be cylindrical of course however I can't find any specific
distances for diameter and height. Since a cylinder is a 3 dimensional figure it has to have both of these distances.
What are your thoughts on this?

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
Re: Dimensions of FE
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2020, 07:50:20 AM »
My thoughts are that the earth is an infinite plane.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2020, 08:39:36 AM »
So am I understanding this right, if I was to dig a hole I could keep digging forever?
Earth is a cylinder starting at our feet extending out infinitely in all directions?

Shifter

• Blind to the truth
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2020, 08:45:09 AM »
So am I understanding this right, if I was to dig a hole I could keep digging forever?
Earth is a cylinder starting at our feet extending out infinitely in all directions?

Infinity is a concept. Also infinite plain I guess would not suggest infinite depth. The furthest we have dug is a tad over 12km. Basically we dont know how deep the Earth is but you could theorise a limit based on the pressure and heat that is found at 12km
A Future Is Not Given To You. It Is Something You Must Take For Yourself

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2020, 09:08:14 AM »

Infinity is a concept. Also infinite plain I guess would not suggest infinite depth. The furthest we have dug is a tad over 12km. Basically we dont know how deep the Earth is but you could theorise a limit based on the pressure and heat that is found at 12km

Right 'cause that's what I didn't understand. I think I remember reading somewhere that the plane was only about 8 km deep, which of course would not make sense considering the Mariana Trench being a little over 11 km deep. Just couldn't make the numbers match up, but this seems to be more likely.

John Davis

• Secretary Of The Society
  • Administrator
  • Most Prolific Scientist, 2019
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2020, 03:46:12 PM »
You can find the depth of the infinite plane, or an estimate of it, here:
https://theflatearthsociety.org/home/index.php/blog/infinite-flat-earth-mathematics
Quantum Ab Hoc

John Davis

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2020, 03:47:09 PM »
4,195.43km deep. You likely are watching you tube videos.
Quantum Ab Hoc

John Davis

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2020, 03:48:01 PM »
And yes, you can predict this using only the tools available to Eratosthenes at the time. Another one for the boxes of notebooks. (and perhaps a follow up article.)
Quantum Ab Hoc

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2020, 12:22:18 PM »
Can I ask a question on the dimensions. As Iím struggling with the flat earth but open with a curious mind.  Having seen the map of what the flat watch would look like. What would the radious of the North Pole to the edge be. As seems to be a ice wall.  Would it be the same distance as what would be on the GE of 20026.26km which is North Pole to the South Pole

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2020, 05:39:14 AM »
I have tried to find out what the dimensions of the flat earth is. It has to be cylindrical

Why does it have to be cylindrical?

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2020, 06:47:17 AM »
I have tried to find out what the dimensions of the flat earth is. It has to be cylindrical

Why does it have to be cylindrical?

A disk is cylindrical, which is what most people who come here assume we all think the earth is.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2020, 08:53:51 AM »
A disc is technically a two dimensional surface which is bounded by circumference such that every point on the circumference is an equal distance from the centre. A cylinder on the other hand is a 3D object which has height or length as well.

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
  • FREEDOIS IS ᗡIИIRG!
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2020, 09:35:33 AM »
A disc is technically a two dimensional surface which is bounded by circumference such that every point on the circumference is an equal distance from the centre. A cylinder on the other hand is a 3D object which has height or length as well.
Q&A isn't the place to get into a pedantic argument. The context was clear. If you'd like to debate shapes, take that elsewhere please.