search function help - not urgent

• 9 Replies

faded mike

• I'm thinkin flat
search function help - not urgent
« on: July 21, 2020, 12:45:58 PM »
I searched "Pandmoinum" - the name of a thread, but the no results showed, however it said [1]pages... is there insrtuctions somewhere to how the search works? No urgency, i haven't really looked for the instructions for myself yet.
Thx
"Using our vast surveillance system, we've uncovered revolutionary new information..."
           -them

theoretical formula for Earths curvature = 8 inches multiplied by (miles squared) = inches drop from straight forward

kids: say no to drugs

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
Re: search function help - not urgent
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2020, 01:21:12 PM »
Hi faded mike, the search function is working, I think you just had the wrong spelling. Try "pandemonium" and you'll get the thread you are looking for.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2020, 02:43:51 PM »
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

faded mike

• I'm thinkin flat
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2020, 01:12:46 AM »
Hi faded mike, the search function is working, I think you just had the wrong spelling. Try "pandemonium" and you'll get the thread you are looking for.
thanks guys
"Using our vast surveillance system, we've uncovered revolutionary new information..."
           -them

theoretical formula for Earths curvature = 8 inches multiplied by (miles squared) = inches drop from straight forward

faded mike

• I'm thinkin flat
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2020, 02:36:22 AM »
Why does the search icon appear when i'm not logged in, but in trying to use it it replies you can not search in this forum?
           -them

faded mike

• I'm thinkin flat
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2020, 02:38:18 AM »
           -them

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2020, 05:20:27 AM »
Yes, I used the search. I don't understand the problem you are having.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2020, 08:38:28 AM »
It appears to be because search is disabled for Guest users. The icon you are seeing is part of the theme, so it will show up whether you are logged in or not. To change that, someone would need to update the code to test whether a user is already logged in or not, and then show or hide that icon accordingly.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2020, 08:51:09 AM »
It works as intended.

- Search is available to only those users who are logged in.
- Log-in default time is 60 minutes.
- A user logs in, the Search link is now visible and directs to the search function when clicked
- If the user comes back 61 minutes later, they will have been "timed-out" as being logged in, but of course the Search link is still there as the page hasn't been refreshed
- The user clicks the Search link and is prompted to log in again

Simple as that.

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2020, 09:14:23 AM »
I would recommend using Google's search site function.

Using the forum's built in search function is useful only if you hate yourself and wish to self harm.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget