wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Only Yang Scholar in The Ying Universe
Vehicle Running Without Motor, Nasa High Technology
« on: July 16, 2020, 04:15:33 AM »
The drawing of this mars rover, curiosity:

And this one is lunar rover:

As we can easily see, the engine is not planned here.

Let's take a look at the motion system of rover curiosity from wikipedia:

Mobility systems: Curiosity is equipped with six 50 cm (20 in) diameter wheels in a rocker-bogie suspension. The suspension system also served as landing gear for the vehicle, unlike its smaller predecessors.[49][50] Each wheel has cleats and is independently actuated and geared, providing for climbing in soft sand and scrambling over rocks. Each front and rear wheel can be independently steered, allowing the vehicle to turn in place as well as execute arcing turns.[33] Each wheel has a pattern that helps it maintain traction but also leaves patterned tracks in the sandy surface of Mars. That pattern is used by on-board cameras to estimate the distance traveled. The pattern itself is Morse code for "JPL" (·--- ·--· ·-··).[51] The rover is capable of climbing sand dunes with slopes up to 12.5°.[52] Based on the center of mass, the vehicle can withstand a tilt of at least 50° in any direction without overturning, but automatic sensors limit the rover from exceeding 30° tilts.[33] After six years of use, the wheels are visibly worn with punctures and tears.[53]
Curiosity can roll over obstacles approaching 65 cm (26 in) in height,[54] and it has a ground clearance of 60 cm (24 in).[55] Based on variables including power levels, terrain difficulty, slippage and visibility, the maximum terrain-traverse speed is estimated to be 200 m (660 ft) per day by automatic navigation.[54] The rover landed about 10 km (6.2 mi) from the base of Mount Sharp,[56] (officially named Aeolis Mons) and it is expected to traverse a minimum of 19 km (12 mi) during its primary two-year mission.[57] It can travel up to 90 m (300 ft) per hour but average speed is about 30 m (98 ft) per hour.[57] The vehicle is 'driven' by several operators led by Vandi Verma, group leader of Autonomous Systems, Mobility and Robotic Systems at JPL,[58][59] who also cowrote the PLEXIL language used to operate the rover.[60][61][62] Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curiosity_(rover)

As we see in the descriptions and drawings here, there is no reference to the engine.

This is a simple car with an electricity motor:

As we can see, normally electric vehicles have engines. Because, as we know, an engine is required to convert potential energy into motion energy.

While preparing these rovers, Nasa did not need the engine, electrical energy magically transformed into motion energy on the wheels. High magic technology. Or, Which of you forgot to put an engine in the car? No panic! There are magicians around!

« Last Edit: July 16, 2020, 04:18:37 AM by wise »
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Come on bro, just admit that the the earth isn't a sphere, you won't even be wrong

JJA

• Math is math!
Re: Vehicle Running Without Motor, Nasa High Technology
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2020, 04:29:15 AM »
While preparing these rovers, Nasa did not need the engine, electrical energy magically transformed into motion energy on the wheels. High magic technology. Or, Which of you forgot to put an engine in the car? No panic! There are magicians around!

The Mars rovers did not have an 'engine' as electric motors don't need one.

You can see the wheels turning in this video, and the closeup helps show the motors within each wheel.  You can see the wires feeding power to them quite clearly.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2020, 04:30:47 AM »
hahaha, big fail NASA

Also that rover looks like a fragile POS. No way it would survive an entry into a planet and cope with the sand and dust.

I'll be its currently operating out at Area 51. When a photo needs to be taken they just get someone to plonk it somewhere for the best shot. No wonder the government were losing their shit at the thought of people storming it last year. Couldn't have them stumble upon the 'Mars' Rover!

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2020, 04:37:06 AM »
hahaha, big fail NASA

Also that rover looks like a fragile POS. No way it would survive an entry into a planet and cope with the sand and dust.

I'll be its currently operating out at Area 51. When a photo needs to be taken they just get someone to plonk it somewhere for the best shot. No wonder the government were losing their shit at the thought of people storming it last year. Couldn't have them stumble upon the 'Mars' Rover!
I think they thought they would not need an engine/motor when they first made the electric vehicle. They thought it would work without a motor, just like television or radio. But electric vehicles were produced, and we know very well that they need the engine, just like any other. This is just one of their countless mispredictions. Maybe after this debunk some people will ask them where the engine is, and they will lose this technology! Oh, "we had this technology, but we lost it". Then they will switch to another technology enforcedly.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Come on bro, just admit that the the earth isn't a sphere, you won't even be wrong

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2020, 04:51:20 AM »
hahaha, big fail NASA
No! It's hahaha, big fail Wise and Shifter!

Curiosity Rover was driven by electric motors (heard of them ;D?) powered by a plutonium Radioisotope Thermoelectric Generator.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2020, 05:01:03 AM »
hahaha, big fail NASA

Curiosity Rover was driven by electric motors (heard of them ;D?) powered by a plutonium Radioisotope Thermoelectric Generator.
Source of your hahaha?

...generates an electrical current using no moving parts.

It generates electric, not motion. It is not a motor generates motion, motionlessinoz.

Try again! Hahaha!
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2020, 05:18:49 AM »
Get admit it admitterinoz; it is spectatular win. Do not search for new excuses to make up for their mistake and just accept the result.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2020, 05:19:27 AM »
hahaha, big fail NASA

Source of your hahaha?
Either Wikipedia or Power Systems

Quote from: wise

It generates electric, not motion. It is not a motor generates motion, motionlessinoz.
The electrical energy from the plutonium thermoelectric generator charges storage batteries.
This electrical energy powers the electric drive motor's.

Try again! Hahaha!
No need for me to try again! I am correct - get used to it!

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2020, 05:20:24 AM »
hahaha, big fail NASA

Source of your hahaha?
Either Wikipedia or Power Systems

The electrical energy from the plutonium thermoelectric generator charges storage batteries.
This electrical energy powers the electric drive motor's.

Try again! Hahaha!
No need for me to try again! I am correct - get used to it!
You are still making excuses excuserinoz. Yes it is used in the electric drive motor in the earth. So; Where is the electric drive motor a source of NASA you have mentioned. It is not exist then we are talking about it.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2020, 05:23:33 AM »
Get admit it admitterinoz; it is spectatular win. Do not search for new excuses to make up for their mistake and just accept the result.
Yes, you have to admit that it is spectatular win for ME!.
I don't need any excuse because I was not wrong YOU WERE!

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2020, 05:27:39 AM »
Yes, you have to admit that it is spectatular win for ME!.
I don't need any excuse because I was not wrong YOU WERE!
It is clear that this is not the case. You could still not prove that neither Mars rover nor Lunar rover has an electric motor.

You have prove that the electrical energy used in the engine is produced, that I have already mentioned it earlier that, it has. Electric energy is produced. However, this energy is not converted to motion energy in neither Mars nor Lunar rover.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2020, 05:28:05 AM »
You are still making excuses excuserinoz. Yes it is used in the electric drive motor in the earth. So; Where is the electric drive motor a source of NASA you have mentioned. It is not exist then we are talking about it.
You ignorance is your problem!  I've told you enough go work the rest out for yourself!

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2020, 05:32:42 AM »
You ignorance is your problem!  I've told you enough go work the rest out for yourself!
You have just told something has to be but not proved it has. You are talking theorically something has to be; but the problem here, it has not; mister hastirinoz.  ;D

I am sure every sane people see this thread see how you are talking something not close to be an answer here.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2020, 05:37:46 AM »

The fact that NASA uses electric motors in the Mars rovers is extremely common information and very easy to find.

https://trs.jpl.nasa.gov/bitstream/handle/2014/45130/10-2485_A1b.pdf?sequence=1

"NASA will launch a 950 kg rover, part of the Mars Science Laboratory (MSL) mission, to Mars in October of 2011. The MSL rover is scheduled to land on Mars in August of 2012. The rover employs 31 electric-motor driven rotary actuators to perform a variety of engineering and science functions including: mobility, camera pointing, telecommunications antenna steering, soil and rock sample acquisition and sample processing."

"B. MSL Actuators: There are a total of 31 rotary actuators on the MSL rover. The actuators provide all of the articulation needed to move and point the science cameras, to move and point the communications antenna, to drive and steer the rover, and to collect, process and deliver solid  samples to the laboratory science instruments inside the rover body. Each actuator consists of an electric brushless DC motor, a brake, an encoder, a gearbox and an output resolver (see Fig. 2). The electric motor provides the energy to move the mechanism."

"The mobility subsystem contains 10 actuators capable of driving and steering the rover as it moves in commanded and autonomous  traverses. There are 6 drive actuators, imbedded inside the 6 wheel hubs, and 4 steer actuators, located above the corner wheels. "

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2020, 04:32:12 AM »
Just in case there is any remaining confusion, because I see posts continuing elsewhere, here are pictures from the article I linked above and again here.

https://trs.jpl.nasa.gov/bitstream/handle/2014/45130/10-2485_A1b.pdf

"The rover employs 31 electric-motor driven rotary actuators to perform a variety of engineering and science functions including: mobility, camera pointing, telecommunications antenna steering, soil and rock sample acquisition and sample processing. "

Note it says very clearly ELECTRIC-MOTOR and one of the uses is MOBILITY.

Just to make it even clearer, the Curiosity Mars rover uses electric motors in it's wheels to move around.

NotSoSkeptical

• Flat like a droplet of water.
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2020, 05:06:07 AM »
So because they didn't call it out on the diagram, it isn't there?
Rabinoz RIP

That would put you in the same category as pedophile perverts like John Davis, NSS, robots like Stash, Shifter, and victimized kids like Alexey.

LuggerSailor

• 12 men on the Moon, 11 of them Scouts.
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2020, 05:17:55 AM »
Does Wise have a car?

Did the sale documents specifically include wheel-nuts?

Have the wheels fallen off yet?
LuggerSailor.
Sailor and Navigator.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2020, 05:29:53 AM »
Does Wise have a car?

What?
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2020, 07:28:09 AM »
Even by wise's low standards, this is a massive face palm.

The thing is packed with electric motors.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

Lorddave

« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2020, 07:45:31 AM »
Yeah, each wheel has its own little motor.  Not sure what else ya need.  This allows each wheel to move independantly of the others at different speeds while using minimal energy.  This is ideal for driving in unpredictable terrain.
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2020, 08:24:45 AM »
Does Wise have a car?

What?

Whoooooooooooosh.   ::)

He is asking if you think every single detail of something has to be included in a simplified diagram, or it doesn't exist.

If you buy a car, is every single nut and bolt listed on the sales document?

It's an electric powered rover. They didn't feel the need to point out everything on board runs on electricity because what else would it run on?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2020, 09:54:15 AM »
Check me if I'm wrong, but every single probe/lander/rover that every space agency has ever sent anywhere off planet is electrically powered.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2020, 10:12:02 AM »
Check me if I'm wrong, but every single probe/lander/rover that every space agency has ever sent anywhere off planet is electrically powered.

Yeah, not a lot of gas stations out there. :D

Now, some of the space probes had some propulsive thrust for maneuvers, usually using hydrazine as a propellant.  Kind of like when Wall-E used the fire extinguisher, they just spray out a compressed liquid, and don't use any of it for power generation.

But to run the spacecraft it's either solar or Nuclear power, both generating the electricity needed.  No combustion engines, no windmills, no hydroelectric, no geothermal. Sad this has to be pointed out in advance.  ::)

NotSoSkeptical

• Flat like a droplet of water.
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2020, 11:34:58 AM »

Yeah, not a lot of gas stations out there. :D

Now, some of the space probes had some propulsive thrust for maneuvers, usually using hydrazine as a propellant.  Kind of like when Wall-E used the fire extinguisher, they just spray out a compressed liquid, and don't use any of it for power generation.

But to run the spacecraft it's either solar or Nuclear power, both generating the electricity needed.  No combustion engines, no windmills, no hydroelectric, no geothermal. Sad this has to be pointed out in advance.  ::)

You forgot coal and natural gas.

And for the most part, nuclear power in space is via a radioisotope thermoelectric generators, not a fission reactor.  Fission reactors aren't the only form of nuclear power.
Rabinoz RIP

That would put you in the same category as pedophile perverts like John Davis, NSS, robots like Stash, Shifter, and victimized kids like Alexey.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2020, 02:35:36 PM »
I found the engine . . .

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2020, 02:41:30 PM »
I found the engine . . .

There is is.  How did we miss that...

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2020, 06:15:36 AM »
Yeah, each wheel has its own little motor.  Not sure what else ya need.  This allows each wheel to move independantly of the others at different speeds while using minimal energy.  This is ideal for driving in unpredictable terrain.
What? Are you mocking? This is one of the funniest theory I've ever heard. There are separate engines in four wheels. Wow! Thus, when you press the accelerator, all four engines react exactly simultaneusly and the vehicle will not be knocked anywhere, nor crashed!

Have you ever tried this method in the world to see what happens if a vehicle has four motors in four wheels? Ahahahaha! I will carry this to the believers subforum as how funny a globularist can be when trying to defend a lie.  ;D
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2020, 08:17:26 AM »
Drive shafts would lower clearance.

The newer Honda NSX Has three motors. One for the back wheels and one for each front wheel.

Over you failed at dealing with what was presented.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

?

frenat

« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2020, 10:02:11 AM »
What? Are you mocking? This is one of the funniest theory I've ever heard. There are separate engines in four wheels. Wow! Thus, when you press the accelerator, all four engines react exactly simultaneusly and the vehicle will not be knocked anywhere, nor crashed!

Have you ever tried this method in the world to see what happens if a vehicle has four motors in four wheels? Ahahahaha! I will carry this to the believers subforum as how funny a globularist can be when trying to defend a lie.  ;D
That is how many vehicles with electric motors work. Makes it easier to provide variable torque to each wheel without the complication of a differential.

« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2020, 10:27:23 AM »
What? Are you mocking? This is one of the funniest theory I've ever heard. There are separate engines in four wheels.
Six wheels, though I realise that counting isn't your strong point.  And yes, there is a motor in each wheel.

Wow! Thus, when you press the accelerator, all four engines react exactly simultaneusly
You sound like a medieval peasant looking at a computer for the first time.   Why, exactly, do you think this is a problem?

I will carry this to the believers subforum as how funny a globularist can be when trying to defend a lie.  ;D
OK, you run away now.    Go and hide where you don't have to debate and lose.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.