Polaris debunks the magnetic declination!

• 77 Replies

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Most Forum Legend
Re: Polaris debunks the magnetic declination!
« Reply #60 on: June 30, 2020, 12:44:11 AM »
<long content>
Writing the latest or giving long answers does not justify you in the matter. This is just boring. As a flat earther, I get bored of repeating the same things. If you never get bored of these, I believe you believe in the flat ört.

this workplace is on strike

Stash

« Reply #61 on: July 08, 2020, 05:13:50 PM »
<long content>
Writing the latest or giving long answers does not justify you in the matter. This is just boring. As a flat earther, I get bored of repeating the same things. If you never get bored of these, I believe you believe in the flat ört.

Short answer or long answer is irrelevant to the fact that you are incorrect and declination exists and has been extremely well documented for centuries, proof of which has been provided. Anyone reading the thread can see this.

p.s., it was your boring thread to begin with and you were still shown to be incorrect.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Most Forum Legend
« Reply #62 on: July 09, 2020, 11:46:30 PM »
Short answer or long answer is irrelevant to the fact that you are incorrect and declination exists and has been extremely well documented for centuries, proof of which has been provided.
Your claiming some documents provided isn't a proof or an evidence. You are claiming same or similar invalid arguments and claiming them being an evidence. Your baseless claims do not make your arguments stronger or my claim wrong. You are still repeating same invalid counter arguments those not have a value than a supposedly document you can find on internet in the cost of $10, there are websites creating every kind of document and give them an impression as published centuries yeras ago. Your supposedly arguments really have not a value in the term of being scientific.

On the one hand, you are claiming you are defending the science; on the other hand you are providing supposedly years ago documentary instead of a living evidence. How pathetic situation shows the pathetic sitoation of the recent so called "science". They have nothing but people like you; how a comedy.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #63 on: July 09, 2020, 11:58:38 PM »
Short answer or long answer is irrelevant to the fact that you are incorrect and declination exists and has been extremely well documented for centuries, proof of which has been provided.
Your claiming some documents provided isn't a proof or an evidence. You are claiming same or similar invalid arguments and claiming them being an evidence. Your baseless claims do not make your arguments stronger or my claim wrong. You are still repeating same invalid counter arguments those not have a value than a supposedly document you can find on internet in the cost of $10, there are websites creating every kind of document and give them an impression as published centuries yeras ago. Your supposedly arguments really have not a value in the term of being scientific.

On the one hand, you are claiming you are defending the science; on the other hand you are providing supposedly years ago documentary instead of a living evidence. How pathetic situation shows the pathetic sitoation of the recent so called "science". They have nothing but people like you; how a comedy.
You've got no evidence!

But I know true North from the direction of solar noon and magnetic North from my own good compass is 11° East of that.
So the magnetic declination here is 11° East. So that shows that magnetic declination is genuine.

Try again!

« Reply #64 on: July 10, 2020, 01:32:11 AM »

This is only part of the evidence you've been presented with. I pointed out that runways are also good evidence of magnetic variation (https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=86344.msg2264358#msg2264358)

You didn't attempt to address this, simply saying..
Your arguments do not include a Polaris have been marked as Null. Sovry.

So rather than argue with you I started a new thread..

https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=86380.msg2264922#msg2264922

Again, you didn't address the issue, just saying "fallacy", so I'll repeat what I said there.

Why would Tampa International, London Luton, London Stanstead and Geneva amongst many others all shut down their runways, repaint the runway numbers and replace all the signage with different numbers, unless these numbers needed to change? Are they doing this for fun? To confuse pilots? What is your explanation?

I know what mine is. The North Pole shifts around meaning that the compass headings for these runways change over time.

Here's the very nice video of the changes being made at London Luton https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=1HVHVr92MDM&feature=emb_logo

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Most Forum Legend
« Reply #65 on: July 10, 2020, 02:15:42 AM »
You've got no evidence!

But I know true North from the direction of solar noon and magnetic North from my own good compass is 11° East of that.
So the magnetic declination here is 11° East. So that shows that magnetic declination is genuine.

Try again!
You know nothing.

Try again!

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #66 on: July 10, 2020, 02:21:14 AM »
You've got no evidence!

Try again!
You know nothing.

Try again!
I know what I see and measure myself and my last post described that - get used to facts instead of your make believe little world.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Most Forum Legend
« Reply #67 on: July 10, 2020, 02:22:31 AM »
You've got no evidence!

Try again!
You know nothing.

Try again!
I know what I see and measure myself and my last post described that - get used to facts instead of your make believe little world.
You what you see is your own practise has nothing to do with being a proof. Also your little seings are not a reliable source of experiment at all, but opposite is true.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #68 on: July 10, 2020, 02:34:03 AM »
You what you see is your own practise has nothing to do with being a proof. Also your little seings are not a reliable source of experiment at all, but opposite is true.
Incorrect!

I simply gave the result of a measurement of the difference better magnetic North and true North.

If you don't like the answer that's your problem not mine, Mr Wise. You don't know everything - get used to it.

Bye.

« Reply #69 on: July 10, 2020, 02:48:37 AM »
Your claiming some documents provided isn't a proof or an evidence.
And likewise, you just baselessly asserting something which contradicts well established science, which you offer literally nothing other than your own claim as justification, is not evidence.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Most Forum Legend
« Reply #70 on: July 10, 2020, 04:07:38 AM »
I simply gave the result of a measurement of the difference better magnetic North and true North.
You claimed its being a measurement does not magically make it a result of an experiment.

It is your imagination, not quite real.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #71 on: July 10, 2020, 08:02:53 AM »
You claimed its being a measurement does not magically make it a result of an experiment.

It is your imagination, not quite real.
Believe your own fiction if you like  ;D! Bye.

Mikey T.

« Reply #72 on: August 17, 2020, 11:01:26 AM »
So if measurements cannot be used as results of an experiment then what can?  Please provide some example of an acceptable experiment with results.  I'm not sure how you can verify direction differences without measurements.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #73 on: August 17, 2020, 11:24:22 AM »
So if measurements cannot be used as results of an experiment then what can?  Please provide some example of an acceptable experiment with results.  I'm not sure how you can verify direction differences without measurements.

According to Wise, nothing is acceptable unless he reads it in a holy book, or imagines it in his head.  He's shot down literally every kind of evidence it's possible to provide at this point.

How do you debate someone who doesn't think electric motors are real?

Macarios

« Reply #74 on: August 17, 2020, 11:26:32 PM »
Polaris is directly over the North Pole.
The Earth's magnetic field most of the time is not alligned with meridians.
It has its configuration that is not straight.

Compass doesn't show Polaris, it declines, it is measured regularly and published.
How it "debunks" the declination?
I don't have to fight about anything.
These things are not about me.
When one points facts out, they speak for themselves.
The main goal in all that is simplicity.

« Reply #75 on: August 18, 2020, 03:16:15 PM »
The same way you debate someone who thinks the earth is flat. You debate them only because you are looking to occupy some free time, not because you have any chance of getting them to understand. They don't want to understand.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #76 on: August 18, 2020, 05:27:15 PM »
The same way you debate someone who thinks the earth is flat. You debate them only because you are looking to occupy some free time, not because you have any chance of getting them to understand. They don't want to understand.

I certainly don't ever expect Wise to admit he was ever incorrect or wrong about anything, ever.

But the debate itself is interesting, it does make ME have to go and find things out, do research, learn just how little I actually know about something i was sure I was an expert at 5 minutes ago.

All worthwhile.  If frustrating. :)

« Reply #77 on: September 15, 2020, 08:20:36 PM »
Wise likes experiential results. Here is a test. Enter an orienteering competition and do not use a compass which allows for declination. Every one of the other participants will be accounting for the declination. If wise is correct he should win by a huge margin.