Polaris debunks the magnetic declination!

• 82 Replies

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Only Yang Scholar in The Ying Universe
Re: Polaris debunks the magnetic declination!
« Reply #60 on: June 30, 2020, 12:44:11 AM »
<long content>
Writing the latest or giving long answers does not justify you in the matter. This is just boring. As a flat earther, I get bored of repeating the same things. If you never get bored of these, I believe you believe in the flat ört.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Come on bro, just admit that the the earth isn't a sphere, you won't even be wrong

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #61 on: July 08, 2020, 05:13:50 PM »
<long content>
Writing the latest or giving long answers does not justify you in the matter. This is just boring. As a flat earther, I get bored of repeating the same things. If you never get bored of these, I believe you believe in the flat ört.

Short answer or long answer is irrelevant to the fact that you are incorrect and declination exists and has been extremely well documented for centuries, proof of which has been provided. Anyone reading the thread can see this.

p.s., it was your boring thread to begin with and you were still shown to be incorrect.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #62 on: July 09, 2020, 11:46:30 PM »
Short answer or long answer is irrelevant to the fact that you are incorrect and declination exists and has been extremely well documented for centuries, proof of which has been provided.
Your claiming some documents provided isn't a proof or an evidence. You are claiming same or similar invalid arguments and claiming them being an evidence. Your baseless claims do not make your arguments stronger or my claim wrong. You are still repeating same invalid counter arguments those not have a value than a supposedly document you can find on internet in the cost of $10, there are websites creating every kind of document and give them an impression as published centuries yeras ago. Your supposedly arguments really have not a value in the term of being scientific.

On the one hand, you are claiming you are defending the science; on the other hand you are providing supposedly years ago documentary instead of a living evidence. How pathetic situation shows the pathetic sitoation of the recent so called "science". They have nothing but people like you; how a comedy.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Come on bro, just admit that the the earth isn't a sphere, you won't even be wrong

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #63 on: July 09, 2020, 11:58:38 PM »
Short answer or long answer is irrelevant to the fact that you are incorrect and declination exists and has been extremely well documented for centuries, proof of which has been provided.
Your claiming some documents provided isn't a proof or an evidence. You are claiming same or similar invalid arguments and claiming them being an evidence. Your baseless claims do not make your arguments stronger or my claim wrong. You are still repeating same invalid counter arguments those not have a value than a supposedly document you can find on internet in the cost of $10, there are websites creating every kind of document and give them an impression as published centuries yeras ago. Your supposedly arguments really have not a value in the term of being scientific.

On the one hand, you are claiming you are defending the science; on the other hand you are providing supposedly years ago documentary instead of a living evidence. How pathetic situation shows the pathetic sitoation of the recent so called "science". They have nothing but people like you; how a comedy.
You've got no evidence!

But I know true North from the direction of solar noon and magnetic North from my own good compass is 11° East of that.
So the magnetic declination here is 11° East. So that shows that magnetic declination is genuine.

Try again!

« Reply #64 on: July 10, 2020, 01:32:11 AM »

This is only part of the evidence you've been presented with. I pointed out that runways are also good evidence of magnetic variation (https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=86344.msg2264358#msg2264358)

You didn't attempt to address this, simply saying..
Your arguments do not include a Polaris have been marked as Null. Sovry.

So rather than argue with you I started a new thread..

https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=86380.msg2264922#msg2264922

Again, you didn't address the issue, just saying "fallacy", so I'll repeat what I said there.

Why would Tampa International, London Luton, London Stanstead and Geneva amongst many others all shut down their runways, repaint the runway numbers and replace all the signage with different numbers, unless these numbers needed to change? Are they doing this for fun? To confuse pilots? What is your explanation?

I know what mine is. The North Pole shifts around meaning that the compass headings for these runways change over time.

Here's the very nice video of the changes being made at London Luton https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=1HVHVr92MDM&feature=emb_logo

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #65 on: July 10, 2020, 02:15:42 AM »
You've got no evidence!

But I know true North from the direction of solar noon and magnetic North from my own good compass is 11° East of that.
So the magnetic declination here is 11° East. So that shows that magnetic declination is genuine.

Try again!
You know nothing.

Try again!
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #66 on: July 10, 2020, 02:21:14 AM »
You've got no evidence!

Try again!
You know nothing.

Try again!
I know what I see and measure myself and my last post described that - get used to facts instead of your make believe little world.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #67 on: July 10, 2020, 02:22:31 AM »
You've got no evidence!

Try again!
You know nothing.

Try again!
I know what I see and measure myself and my last post described that - get used to facts instead of your make believe little world.
You what you see is your own practise has nothing to do with being a proof. Also your little seings are not a reliable source of experiment at all, but opposite is true.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #68 on: July 10, 2020, 02:34:03 AM »
You what you see is your own practise has nothing to do with being a proof. Also your little seings are not a reliable source of experiment at all, but opposite is true.
Incorrect!

I simply gave the result of a measurement of the difference better magnetic North and true North.

If you don't like the answer that's your problem not mine, Mr Wise. You don't know everything - get used to it.

Bye.

JackBlack

« Reply #69 on: July 10, 2020, 02:48:37 AM »
Your claiming some documents provided isn't a proof or an evidence.
And likewise, you just baselessly asserting something which contradicts well established science, which you offer literally nothing other than your own claim as justification, is not evidence.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #70 on: July 10, 2020, 04:07:38 AM »
I simply gave the result of a measurement of the difference better magnetic North and true North.
You claimed its being a measurement does not magically make it a result of an experiment.

It is your imagination, not quite real.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #71 on: July 10, 2020, 08:02:53 AM »
You claimed its being a measurement does not magically make it a result of an experiment.

It is your imagination, not quite real.
Believe your own fiction if you like  ;D! Bye.

Mikey T.

« Reply #72 on: August 17, 2020, 11:01:26 AM »
So if measurements cannot be used as results of an experiment then what can?  Please provide some example of an acceptable experiment with results.  I'm not sure how you can verify direction differences without measurements.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #73 on: August 17, 2020, 11:24:22 AM »
So if measurements cannot be used as results of an experiment then what can?  Please provide some example of an acceptable experiment with results.  I'm not sure how you can verify direction differences without measurements.

According to Wise, nothing is acceptable unless he reads it in a holy book, or imagines it in his head.  He's shot down literally every kind of evidence it's possible to provide at this point.

How do you debate someone who doesn't think electric motors are real?

Macarios

« Reply #74 on: August 17, 2020, 11:26:32 PM »
Polaris is directly over the North Pole.
The Earth's magnetic field most of the time is not alligned with meridians.
It has its configuration that is not straight.

Compass doesn't show Polaris, it declines, it is measured regularly and published.
How it "debunks" the declination?
I don't have to fight about anything.
These things are not about me.
When one points facts out, they speak for themselves.
The main goal in all that is simplicity.

« Reply #75 on: August 18, 2020, 03:16:15 PM »
The same way you debate someone who thinks the earth is flat. You debate them only because you are looking to occupy some free time, not because you have any chance of getting them to understand. They don't want to understand.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #76 on: August 18, 2020, 05:27:15 PM »
The same way you debate someone who thinks the earth is flat. You debate them only because you are looking to occupy some free time, not because you have any chance of getting them to understand. They don't want to understand.

I certainly don't ever expect Wise to admit he was ever incorrect or wrong about anything, ever.

But the debate itself is interesting, it does make ME have to go and find things out, do research, learn just how little I actually know about something i was sure I was an expert at 5 minutes ago.

All worthwhile.  If frustrating. :)

« Reply #77 on: September 15, 2020, 08:20:36 PM »
Wise likes experiential results. Here is a test. Enter an orienteering competition and do not use a compass which allows for declination. Every one of the other participants will be accounting for the declination. If wise is correct he should win by a huge margin.

« Reply #78 on: October 08, 2020, 05:15:28 AM »
wise, please never change

I sometimes come to this forum here and there again to check whats up. I always find it you entertaining. Kinda like watching an ape or gorilla running and swinging around.

You are the Donald Trump of this site. Please go on and never stop entertaining us.

Round and Proud

• Speculative fiction writer
« Reply #79 on: November 22, 2020, 03:22:35 PM »
Ah, someone who has never taken navigation classes, or did any actual navigation on land, sea or air. Fly a compass course from Miami FL, to Portland, OR. Assume fuel is not a problem or you'r flying a large passenger jet. After you pass Portland continue to hold that compass course and see where you next find land. Hint on a Flat Earth it is impossible to there that way. You'll be northwest the Philipines.

Polairs is now our pole star. But won't stay that way. We swing from Polaris to Vega on a 23,000 year cycle.

Magnectic varation is because we have a molten iron core that keeps moving. Tides wtihin the core like tides in our oceans  and seas.

Not that you'll admit to the proven science of all the above
Stupidity cannot be cured with money, or through education, or by legislation. Stupidity is not a sin, the victim can't help being stupid. But stupidity is the only universal capital crime...

JackBlack

« Reply #80 on: November 22, 2020, 04:46:22 PM »
Ah, someone who has never taken navigation classes, or did any actual navigation on land, sea or air. Fly a compass course from Miami FL, to Portland, OR. Assume fuel is not a problem or you'r flying a large passenger jet. After you pass Portland continue to hold that compass course and see where you next find land. Hint on a Flat Earth it is impossible to there that way. You'll be northwest the Philipines.
If you did that you would either pass over Alaska or hit Russia.
Did you mean for them to fly in a straight line? and ignore the compass once they started moving?

Round and Proud

• Speculative fiction writer
« Reply #81 on: November 23, 2020, 04:33:37 AM »
If you did that you would either pass over Alaska or hit Russia.
Did you mean for them to fly in a straight line? and ignore the compass once they started moving?

No. You fly the same heading, which on a globe puts you in the South Pacific. But you now bring up another point about FE maps. I was stationed in Thailand. On the way there, we started at San Francisco, to HI to Guam to PI then into Thailand. On the way back it was Bangkok to Hong Kong to Japan to San Fransico. If the Earth is flat it would have been shorter and faster to fly to over Canada, Siberia, China, and into Thailand
Stupidity cannot be cured with money, or through education, or by legislation. Stupidity is not a sin, the victim can't help being stupid. But stupidity is the only universal capital crime...

JackBlack

« Reply #82 on: November 23, 2020, 12:57:41 PM »
No. You fly the same heading, which on a globe puts you in the South Pacific.
Do you understand what a heading is?

Perhaps you should try drawing out just what you think the path should be on a FE, and mark the heading along various points.

As Portland is further north than Miami, a compass heading will have you continue to move towards the north. You would eventually reach the north pole, the magnetic north pole if you were using a magnetic compass without correcting for magnetic declination, the geographic north pole if you were using a gyrocompass.

But you now bring up another point about FE maps. I was stationed in Thailand. On the way there, we started at San Francisco, to HI to Guam to PI then into Thailand. On the way back it was Bangkok to Hong Kong to Japan to San Fransico. If the Earth is flat it would have been shorter and faster to fly to over Canada, Siberia, China, and into Thailand
As you went via Guam, it is quite clear that you weren't going the shortest route. By any chance was this during the cold war, when it likely wouldn't have been smart to have US planes flying over Russia and China?
But your claims of the best route is also wrong. If we ignore that it is heavily dependent upon which FE map you use, and just use the common NP centred AEP, you don't go over Canada at all.
And the shortest route for a globe and FE are quite similar.
Both start going north, head over or near Alaska, and go over  Russia and China.
The only difference is that the FE route goes more into Alaska and Russia, and the FE route may also go over Mongolia.