Escape velocity and Speed of light?

• 399 Replies

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
Re: Escape velocity and Speed of light?
« Reply #330 on: July 12, 2020, 08:01:31 PM »
Well, I am called a liar and idiot by several governments, so I am used to it. But nobody has proven that I am wrong.
You are proven wrong every time a successful manned space flight happens.  That you don't believe those missions are real is irrelevant.
But no manned space flights ever happens. There is no evidence!
I've asked you over and over again, what evidence would you accept?  Why is it that you never answer the question?
I accept anything that gives me reason to believe you as evidence. An image is no evidence, when we don’t know the full history of the image, e.g. of a solid Black Hole with a diameter of our Solar System or of an asstronut planting strawberries on the Moon, etc. Many people believe that images of such things is evidence but not me. I need more solid, scientific evidence.

Yet you provide no evidence for, well, just about anything. Here's why people like you are dangerous. Not that anyone takes any of your ramblings seriously, but all it take is one.

"However United Nations World Health Organization, WHO, confirmed that it was a pandemic! All the countries in the world must protect themselves! But the information was false!
Imagine that!
Pseudo science.
Some unknown clowns had 2019 invented the Corona virus."

No evidence, just you proclaiming something for reasons that I can't even figure out as to why. No evidence, just hyperbole. Are you just trying to be 'provocative' and drive people to your site for, I don't know, ad revenue. Recognition? Fame? Do you honestly think you're providing some sort of POV that is helpful, amid a pandemic? What is it that you are trying to illicit? What is your aim? Why? What do you hope to achieve?

Has it ever crossed your mind that if even one person takes your unfounded conjecture seriously, that could endanger many? Do you have a sense of humanity or only a sense of sensationalism?

Again, I think the world over has shown that all of your "ideas" are ludicrous, I just worry about the 1 or 2 outliers that think your "findings" are even remotely serious. And you could give less than a shit and I'm still trying to figure out why.

You're a narcissistic menace to even just the 1 or 2 people that may imbibe your lunacy. And you put everyone at risk in doing so.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #331 on: July 12, 2020, 08:05:03 PM »
Well, I am called a liar and idiot by several governments, so I am used to it. But nobody has proven that I am wrong.
You are proven wrong every time a successful manned space flight happens.  That you don't believe those missions are real is irrelevant.
I've asked you over and over again, what evidence would you accept?  Why is it that you never answer the question?
I accept anything that gives me reason to believe you as evidence.
Such as...?

... or of an asstronut planting strawberries on the Moon, etc.
Where did you ever get this nonsense about planting strawberries on the moon? ???

Many people believe that images of such things is evidence but not me. I need more solid, scientific evidence.
Maybe because many people understand the science involved better than you do.  Geologists have studied rock and soil samples returned from the moon.  Astronomers are still bouncing lasers off of the lunar retroreflecctors.  The ISS can be clearly seen with a good telescope.  Tourists have paid millions of dollars to go to Mir and the ISS.  What evidence do you want?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Heiwa

• I have been around a long time.
« Reply #332 on: July 12, 2020, 08:15:36 PM »
I accept anything that gives me reason to believe you as evidence.
Such as...?

... or of an asstronut planting strawberries on the Moon, etc.
Where did you ever get this nonsense about planting strawberries on the moon? ???

Many people believe that images of such things is evidence but not me. I need more solid, scientific evidence.
Maybe because many people understand the science involved better than you do.  Geologists have studied rock and soil samples returned from the moon.  Astronomers are still bouncing lasers off of the lunar retroreflecctors.  The ISS can be clearly seen with a good telescope.  Tourists have paid millions of dollars to go to Mir and the ISS.  What evidence do you want?
I just need good evidence that make me believe in things. A NASA photo of Buzz Aldrin planting strawberries and retroreflectors on the Moon taken by his friend Neal Armstrong doesn't suffice. It just makes me laugh. Like Buzz & Co's soil samples from the Moon taken from any volcano on Earth. Buzz is just a NASA clown.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #333 on: July 12, 2020, 08:38:36 PM »
I just need good evidence that make me believe in things. A NASA photo of Buzz Aldrin planting strawberries...
I've never heard of that photo.  Do you have a link to it?

...and retroreflectors on the Moon taken by his friend Neal Armstrong doesn't suffice.
I didn't say anything about pictures of the retroreflectors.  I said that astronomers have been bouncing lasers off of them more than 50 years.

It just makes me laugh. Like Buzz & Co's soil samples from the Moon taken from any volcano on Earth. Buzz is just a NASA clown.
Are you saying that geologists can't tell the difference between volcanic samples and lunar samples?

Heiwa

« Reply #334 on: July 12, 2020, 08:58:29 PM »
I just need good evidence that make me believe in things. A NASA photo of Buzz Aldrin planting strawberries...

...and retroreflectors on the Moon taken by his friend Neal Armstrong doesn't suffice.
I didn't say anything about pictures of the retroreflectors.  I said that astronomers have been bouncing lasers off of them more than 50 years.

It just makes me laugh. Like Buzz & Co's soil samples from the Moon taken from any volcano on Earth. Buzz is just a NASA clown.
Are you saying that geologists can't tell the difference between volcanic samples and lunar samples?
eologists
The photo of Buzz on the Moon is at my website. And the geologists say that the Moon soil is same as volcanic ash on Earth. And when I tried to bounce lasers on retroreflectors on the Moon, I failed. I couldn't find them. Please, stop making stupid comments when all info is already at my website since many years.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #335 on: July 12, 2020, 11:54:50 PM »

eologists
The photo of Buzz on the Moon is at my website. And the geologists say that the Moon soil is same as volcanic ash on Earth.
Incorrect!
Any competent geologist can tell you that surface Lunar rocks can readily be distinguished from Earth rocks.

Quote from: Heiwa
And when I tried to bounce lasers on retroreflectors on the Moon, I failed. I couldn't find them.
Meaningless!
You do not have a Laser with the power needed to be detected bouncing off the Moon!
Neither do you have a telescope to receive the return echo.
Also you wouldn't know where to point the Laser and telescope!

Please, stop making stupid comments when all info is already at my website since many years.
So you stop making idiotic claims to prop up your shady reputation!

Heiwa

« Reply #336 on: July 13, 2020, 01:35:38 AM »

eologists
The photo of Buzz on the Moon is at my website. And the geologists say that the Moon soil is same as volcanic ash on Earth.
Incorrect!
Any competent geologist can tell you that surface Lunar rocks can readily be distinguished from Earth rocks.

And when I tried to bounce lasers on retroreflectors on the Moon, I failed. I couldn't find them.
Meaningless!
You do not have a Laser with the power needed to be detected bouncing off the Moon!
Neither do you have a telescope to receive the return echo.
Also you wouldn't know where to point the Laser and telescope!

Please, stop making stupid comments when all info is already at my website since many years.
As far as I am concerned any lunar rocks presented by Buzz & Co to geologists on Earth are similar to volcanic rocks from Etna or Fuji or Iceland. It has been established since many years.
You are right about my attempts to bounce laser beams on the Moon. I failed. But I have not found anyone that has succeeded.
My website is still there and quite popular.  Why do you get so upset?

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #337 on: July 13, 2020, 01:59:46 AM »
I accept anything that gives me reason to believe you as evidence. An image is no evidence, when we don’t know the full history of the image, e.g. of a solid Black Hole with a diameter of our Solar System or of an asstronut planting strawberries on the Moon, etc. Many people believe that images of such things is evidence but not me. I need more solid, scientific evidence.

Yet you provide no evidence for, well, just about anything. Here's why people like you are dangerous. Not that anyone takes any of your ramblings seriously, but all it take is one.

"However United Nations World Health Organization, WHO, confirmed that it was a pandemic! All the countries in the world must protect themselves! But the information was false!
Imagine that!
Pseudo science.
Some unknown clowns had 2019 invented the Corona virus."

No evidence, just you proclaiming something for reasons that I can't even figure out as to why. No evidence, just hyperbole. Are you just trying to be 'provocative' and drive people to your site for, I don't know, ad revenue. Recognition? Fame? Do you honestly think you're providing some sort of POV that is helpful, amid a pandemic? What is it that you are trying to illicit? What is your aim? Why? What do you hope to achieve?

Has it ever crossed your mind that if even one person takes your unfounded conjecture seriously, that could endanger many? Do you have a sense of humanity or only a sense of sensationalism?

Again, I think the world over has shown that all of your "ideas" are ludicrous, I just worry about the 1 or 2 outliers that think your "findings" are even remotely serious. And you could give less than a shit and I'm still trying to figure out why.

You're a narcissistic menace to even just the 1 or 2 people that may imbibe your lunacy. And you put everyone at risk in doing so.

How dare you inject reality into reality?   ::)

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #338 on: July 13, 2020, 03:11:37 AM »
As far as I am concerned any lunar rocks presented by Buzz & Co to geologists on Earth are similar to volcanic rocks from Etna or Fuji or Iceland. It has been established since many years.
I'll guarantee that you have never seen any Lunar rocks so how can you pass judgment like that!
Some Lunar rocks might be similar to many Earth rocks but go back and read what I wrote!

You are right about my attempts to bounce laser beams on the Moon. I failed. But I have not found anyone that has succeeded.
Have you look for anyone that succeeded? How about this:
Science Experiments - Laser Ranging Retroreflector[
The Laser Ranging Retroreflector experiment was deployed on Apollo 11, 14, and 15. It consists of a series of corner-cube reflectors, which are a special type of mirror with the property of always reflecting an incoming light beam back in the direction it came from. A similar device was also included on the Soviet Union's Lunakhod 2 spacecraft. These reflectors can be illuminated by laser beams aimed through large telescopes on Earth. The reflected laser beam is also observed with the telescope, providing a measurement of the round-trip distance between Earth and the Moon. This is the only Apollo experiment that is still returning data from the Moon. Many of these measurements have been made by McDonald Observatory in Texas. From 1969 to 1985, they were made on a part-time basis using the McDonald Observatory 107-inch telescope. Since 1985, these observations have been made using a dedicated 30-inch telescope. Additional measurements have been made by observatories in Hawaii, California, France, Australia, and Germany.

Laser beams are used because they remain tightly focused for large distances. Nevertheless, there is enough dispersion of the beam that it is about 7 kilometers in diameter when it reaches the Moon and 20 kilometers in diameter when it returns to Earth. Because of this very weak signal, observations are made for several hours at a time. By averaging the signal for this period, the distance to the Moon can be measured to an accuracy of about 3 centimeters (the average distance from the Earth to the Moon is about 385,000 kilometers).
Were you using a 107-inch telescope and a high power pulsed laser?
Maybe it is "popular" but the world would be better without all that misinformation and ignorance from your useless website!

Heiwa

« Reply #339 on: July 13, 2020, 04:08:03 AM »
I'll guarantee that you have never seen any Lunar rocks so how can you pass judgment like that!
Some Lunar rocks might be similar to many Earth rocks but go back and read what I wrote!

Have you look for anyone that succeeded? How about this:
Science Experiments - Laser Ranging Retroreflector[
The Laser Ranging Retroreflector experiment was deployed on Apollo 11, 14, and 15. It consists of a series of corner-cube reflectors, which are a special type of mirror with the property of always reflecting an incoming light beam back in the direction it came from. A similar device was also included on the Soviet Union's Lunakhod 2 spacecraft. These reflectors can be illuminated by laser beams aimed through large telescopes on Earth. The reflected laser beam is also observed with the telescope, providing a measurement of the round-trip distance between Earth and the Moon. This is the only Apollo experiment that is still returning data from the Moon. Many of these measurements have been made by McDonald Observatory in Texas. From 1969 to 1985, they were made on a part-time basis using the McDonald Observatory 107-inch telescope. Since 1985, these observations have been made using a dedicated 30-inch telescope. Additional measurements have been made by observatories in Hawaii, California, France, Australia, and Germany.

Laser beams are used because they remain tightly focused for large distances. Nevertheless, there is enough dispersion of the beam that it is about 7 kilometers in diameter when it reaches the Moon and 20 kilometers in diameter when it returns to Earth. Because of this very weak signal, observations are made for several hours at a time. By averaging the signal for this period, the distance to the Moon can be measured to an accuracy of about 3 centimeters (the average distance from the Earth to the Moon is about 385,000 kilometers).
Were you using a 107-inch telescope and a high power pulsed laser?
Maybe it is "popular" but the world would be better without all that misinformation and ignorance from your useless website!
Why do you get so upset?

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #340 on: July 13, 2020, 04:29:03 AM »
Why do you get so upset?

Nobody is upset.  Frustrated is a better word.  Because you make claims with no evidence and simply deny reality.

And also because you refuse to answer this question...

What evidence of two way space travel would you accept?

Why do you avoid answering this? You have been asked a dozen times and never give an answer. Can you not think of ANYTHING?

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #341 on: July 13, 2020, 04:35:34 AM »
Why would you get frustrated some random guy on the internet denies your reality?

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #342 on: July 13, 2020, 05:59:11 AM »
Why would you get frustrated some random guy on the internet denies your reality?
Because that useless idiot keeps  posting his misinformation here!

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #343 on: July 13, 2020, 06:25:23 AM »
Who established it?  Have you examined any of the lunar samples?  Would you even know what to look for to tell the difference between earth samples and lunar samples?

Have you asked the good folks at the Côte d'Azur Observatory?

Why do you keeps saying outrageously stupid things?

Heiwa

« Reply #344 on: July 13, 2020, 07:25:13 AM »

Why do you avoid answering this? You have been asked a dozen times and never give an answer. Can you not think of ANYTHING?

I haven't avoided that question. If you study my website you find that I support one way, high speed space trips putting satellites in orbits in space at various altitudes. I am a small  shareholder of one such company since many years. We send anything into orbits. But not humans.

The problem is the return trip of a spacecraft, reduction of altitude and the associated reduction of speed for landing on Earth, a.k.a. braking.

Our friends Gagarin and Glenn suggested 1961/2 that they used retro-rockets to reduce altitude even if their spacecrafts lacked fuel for it.

And then the altitude was reduced and they started entering, at a certain angle, the atmosphere , which is very thin at the top and denser at ground level.

It is suggested that a force developed when you penetrated the atmosphere - friction drag - which is a function the local speed of the spacecraft and the local density of the air.

There doesn't exist any scientific method to calculate that variable force and resulting trajectory of the spacecraft attempting to land on Earth after a trip in space. You can ask any university teaching astronautics and none can provide the answer.

Simple calculations of the energy (J) required to slow down any spacecraft for landing shows that that energy would heat up the spacecraft 40000 C, i.e. it would vaporize in smoke at once. 99.99% of all meteorites dropping down from the Universe end up like it.

But Buzz, PhD, invented a fantastic 'heat shield' that absorbed that energy, bla, bla, bla. The details are top secret. National security, you know!

I always feel sorry for people having spent plenty time and money to become astronautic scientists that then must lie that re-entries from space is easy, bla, bla. to be employed by NASA, ESA, SpaceX and similar criminal organizations.

Mainstream media are not interested. They support the criminals. It is just a question of money.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #345 on: July 13, 2020, 07:27:47 AM »

I haven't avoided that question. If you study my website you find that I support one way, high speed space trips putting satellites in orbits in space at various altitudes. I am a small  shareholder of one such company since many years. We send anything into orbits. But not humans.

No, you did not answer it on your website and you avoided answering again. Do you not understand the question?

What evidence would convince you that two way space travel is possible and is happening?  What would it take to convince you?

Every time you are asked you just re-state that it's not possible.  Yes, we know you think that.  Now tell us what it would take to convince you otherwise?  How can we state this any clearer?

Heiwa

« Reply #346 on: July 13, 2020, 07:28:49 AM »

Why do you keeps saying outrageously stupid things?

I publish them at my website for anyone to study them. I makes me happy.

Heiwa

« Reply #347 on: July 13, 2020, 07:30:55 AM »

No, you did not answer it on your website and you avoided answering again. Do you not understand the question?

What evidence would convince you that two way space travel is possible and is happening?  What would it take to convince you?

Every time you are asked you just re-state that it's not possible.  Yes, we know you think that.  Now tell us what it would take to convince you otherwise?  How can we state this any clearer?
Well, I only accept truth as an answer. An image of a spacecraft dropping down below parachutes in an ocean or a remote place in Russia or Kazaksthan is not sufficient.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2020, 07:33:11 AM by Heiwa »

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #348 on: July 13, 2020, 07:37:08 AM »

Well, I only accept truth as an answer. An image of a spacecraft dropping down below parachutes in an ocean or a remote place in Russia or Kazaksthan is not sufficient.

You did it again.  You didn't say WHAT truth you would accept, you just once more said what you wouldn't accept. We know this. You keep repating it.

There has to be SOMETHING you would accept as proof?  Will you answer the question?

Heiwa

« Reply #349 on: July 13, 2020, 07:41:28 AM »

You did it again.  You didn't say WHAT truth you would accept, you just once more said what you wouldn't accept. We know this. You keep repating it.

There has to be SOMETHING you would accept as proof?  Will you answer the question?
Just explain the truth about landing on Earth after a space trip.
And please, no photos of spacecrafts dropping down below a parachute as proof of visiting the Moon. Study my funny website about these hoaxes.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #350 on: July 13, 2020, 07:43:01 AM »

And please, no photos of spacecrafts dropping down below a parachute as proof of visiting the Moon. Study my funny website about these hoaxes.

Do you not understand how words work?  You are being asked what evidence you WOULD accept, not what evidence you don't.

Explain the truth... how?  It's been explained a hundred times, you rejected all of them.

Just tell us what WOULD YOU ACCEPT as truth?  What would you need to see or hear to convince you?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #351 on: July 13, 2020, 07:50:47 AM »

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #352 on: July 13, 2020, 07:57:39 AM »

Do you not understand how words work?  You are being asked what evidence you WOULD accept, not what evidence you don't.

Explain the truth... how?  It's been explained a hundred times, you rejected all of them.

Just tell us what WOULD YOU ACCEPT as truth?  What would you need to see or hear to convince you?

If he believes a return trip to space or the Moon is fundamentally impossible then the question is pointless

He'd have to delve into 'what if' about technology that doesn't or may never exist

For example, if antimatter was a fuel, then the problem of the weight of fuel to carry is eliminated which is one such problem about going to outer space and back again. The energy we would have at our disposal for applications within the solar system would be enormous

But we dont have antimatter fuel yet and wont in Heiwas life time. If we did, we could get to Mars in 6 weeks with only a few mg of fuel weight.

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

Heiwa

« Reply #353 on: July 13, 2020, 08:12:06 AM »
Why don't you just read a text book about it?  There are several on the topic:
https://arc.aiaa.org/doi/book/10.2514/4.861741
https://www.springer.com/gp/book/9783540736462
https://www.amazon.com/Investigation-Atmospheric-Reentry-Maneuver-Vehicle/dp/1288326645
Try to use your intelligence to show I am wrong instead.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #354 on: July 13, 2020, 08:15:34 AM »
https://www.amazon.com/Investigation-Atmospheric-Reentry-Maneuver-Vehicle/dp/1288326645
Try to use your intelligence to learn something from people how know more than you do.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #355 on: July 13, 2020, 08:18:30 AM »
If he believes a return trip to space or the Moon is fundamentally impossible then the question is pointless

He'd have to delve into 'what if' about technology that doesn't or may never exist
Or, he could delve into technologies that already exist and have been proven in practical applications many times already.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #356 on: July 13, 2020, 08:39:26 AM »

That's what we are trying to do, but you are simply denying everythign you are told.

Which is why you are being asked... what do YOU need to see or learn to believe it's possible?

Why won't you answer that question?  It's very simple.

Heiwa

« Reply #357 on: July 13, 2020, 08:56:00 AM »

That's what we are trying to do, but you are simply denying everythign you are told.

Which is why you are being asked... what do YOU need to see or learn to believe it's possible?

Try to use your intelligence again to show I am wrong.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #358 on: July 13, 2020, 09:03:20 AM »

And here you go yet again, avoiding this simple question.

Are you incapable of understanding it, or do you not have an answer?  It's got to be one or the other.

Why can't you tell us what proof or evidence you need?

Heiwa

« Reply #359 on: July 13, 2020, 12:09:31 PM »

And here you go yet again, avoiding this simple question.

Are you incapable of understanding it, or do you not have an answer?  It's got to be one or the other.

Why can't you tell us what proof or evidence you need?