Escape velocity and Speed of light?

• 399 Replies

NotSoSkeptical

• Flat like a droplet of water.
Re: Escape velocity and Speed of light?
« Reply #300 on: July 11, 2020, 07:55:14 AM »
It is simple - there is no Aerodynamic Drag at 120 000 m altitude to enable a re-entry.
Would you please stop saying such stupid things?  The atmospheric pressure at 120,000 is very low, but it is not zero.  At 17,000+ mph, it doesn't take very much atmospheric pressure for a blunt body to cause aerodynamic drag, especially considering that the atmosphere gets more dense as you get lower.
So what is the atmospheric pressure (Pa) at 120 000 m? Why not copy it in a wind tunnel and do a test? How much is the drag (N)? Can it slow down a spacecraft returning doing a re-entry? According Gagarin and Glenn their spacecrafts slowed down in <10 minutes to enable landnings 1961/2.

Your 'findings' are nothing more than you simply stating it's impossible because you can't understand it.

I find it baffling that someone who claims to be a smart engineer thinks we should just build a wind tunnel capable of pushing air at 17,000 mph at 0.0000000049 atmospheres of pressure. Really. Just build that you say? I'd love to see your design. A really big fan I bet.

You also don't seem to understand that the drag at 120,000m slows it down a little, which drops it deeper into the atmosphere, which slows it more, which drops it further, ect until it's fully inside the atmosphere and slowed enough to use a parachute.

Why do you keep posting on subjects you do no research on? Look up some answers before just throwing your hands up in surrender and deciding it's impossible because you don't know anything.

My finding is that both events never took place.

My finding is you have no idea what you are talking about.

I have worked at two ship model testing tanks and knows the physics of model testing in interface water/air where wave and friction resistances follow different scale laws and done many model tests to obtain full scale results.
So it should be very easy to test a wingless spacecraft with a shield at the front to measure its resistance/drag at various speeds. But it has not been done!Reason? No wingless spacecraft has ever flown anywhere.

So air tunnel tests haven't occurred on space craft re-entry vehicles in your test lab so they have never been tested?
Rabinoz RIP

That would put you in the same category as pedophile perverts like John Davis, NSS, robots like Stash, Shifter, and victimized kids like Alexey.

Heiwa

• I have been around a long time.
« Reply #301 on: July 11, 2020, 09:30:33 AM »
It is simple - there is no Aerodynamic Drag at 120 000 m altitude to enable a re-entry.
Would you please stop saying such stupid things?  The atmospheric pressure at 120,000 is very low, but it is not zero.  At 17,000+ mph, it doesn't take very much atmospheric pressure for a blunt body to cause aerodynamic drag, especially considering that the atmosphere gets more dense as you get lower.
So what is the atmospheric pressure (Pa) at 120 000 m? Why not copy it in a wind tunnel and do a test? How much is the drag (N)? Can it slow down a spacecraft returning doing a re-entry? According Gagarin and Glenn their spacecrafts slowed down in <10 minutes to enable landnings 1961/2.

Your 'findings' are nothing more than you simply stating it's impossible because you can't understand it.

I find it baffling that someone who claims to be a smart engineer thinks we should just build a wind tunnel capable of pushing air at 17,000 mph at 0.0000000049 atmospheres of pressure. Really. Just build that you say? I'd love to see your design. A really big fan I bet.

You also don't seem to understand that the drag at 120,000m slows it down a little, which drops it deeper into the atmosphere, which slows it more, which drops it further, ect until it's fully inside the atmosphere and slowed enough to use a parachute.

Why do you keep posting on subjects you do no research on? Look up some answers before just throwing your hands up in surrender and deciding it's impossible because you don't know anything.

My finding is that both events never took place.

I have worked at two ship model testing tanks and knows the physics of model testing in interface water/air where wave and friction resistances follow different scale laws and done many model tests to obtain full scale results.
So it should be very easy to test a wingless spacecraft with a shield at the front to measure its resistance/drag at various speeds. But it has not been done!Reason? No wingless spacecraft has ever flown anywhere.

So air tunnel tests haven't occurred on space craft re-entry vehicles in your test lab so they have never been tested?
I never tested spacecrafts in ship model tanks, but we measured impacts on the bow in severe weather. Already 1968! Imagine that!
I assume that a spacecraft dropping from vacuum space into the Earth solid atmosphere will either bounce or be destroyed. It will not be slowed down intact, so it will land. I wonder why NASA has never tested it.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #302 on: July 11, 2020, 12:34:15 PM »
I assume that a spacecraft dropping from vacuum space into the Earth solid atmosphere will either bounce or be destroyed. It will not be slowed down intact, so it will land. I wonder why NASA has never tested it.
Probably because you are the only one stupid to suggest "a spacecraft dropping from vacuum space into the Earth solid atmosphere".
  • Empty rocket stages are commonly just allowed to reenter and do burn up.
  • The Earth's atmosphere is not solid but starts very gradually!
Atmospheric braking has been explained often enough! You're just trying to be perverse.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #303 on: July 11, 2020, 12:51:26 PM »

I never tested spacecrafts in ship model tanks,

You realize air is a fluid, right?

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #304 on: July 11, 2020, 01:44:04 PM »
I wonder why NASA has never tested it.

If you ever actually took the time to research things or look up your 'wonderings' you might actually find answers.

But that would require you to actually think and process information which seems to be beyond your abilities.

Much easier to just decide that it's not you that's confused, it's the entire world which must be a vast series of lies and conspiracies.

You couldn't possibly be the one lacking the ability to understand.  Never.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #305 on: July 11, 2020, 02:28:30 PM »
So what is the atmospheric pressure (Pa) at 120 000 m? Why not copy it in a wind tunnel and do a test? How much is the drag (N)? Can it slow down a spacecraft returning doing a re-entry? According Gagarin and Glenn their spacecrafts slowed down in <10 minutes to enable landnings 1961/2. My finding is that both events never took place.
Did Gagarin or Glenn claim that they were at 120,000 m the whole time that they were slowing down or did they claim that they started slowing down around 120,000 m and continued slowing down more and more as they descended into thicker air?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Heiwa

« Reply #306 on: July 11, 2020, 06:54:21 PM »
So what is the atmospheric pressure (Pa) at 120 000 m? Why not copy it in a wind tunnel and do a test? How much is the drag (N)? Can it slow down a spacecraft returning doing a re-entry? According Gagarin and Glenn their spacecrafts slowed down in <10 minutes to enable landnings 1961/2. My finding is that both events never took place.
Did Gagarin or Glenn claim that they were at 120,000 m the whole time that they were slowing down or did they claim that they started slowing down around 120,000 m and continued slowing down more and more as they descended into thicker air?
Glenn flow 3 times around the Earth 1962 at say 400 000 m altitude starting from Florida going east. He quickly disappeared in the sky! His spacecraft can be seen in a museum! Top speed > 7000 m/s! To land Glenn started to slow down by firing 'retro-rockets' on his space craft over the Pacific! Where the fuel came from nobody knows. Most of the flight was automatic followed from ground by IBM computers. Glenn then continued to slow down flying over the whole of USA from California to Florida and apparently started the re-entry over Florida (where he had started >4 hrs earlier) at 120 000 m altitude to drop into the Atlantic Ocean water from the sky 437 seconds later north of Santo Domingo, to be picked up by a USN ship. Hole in One!! I describe it at my website - see http://heiwaco.com/moontravelw1.htm#19 . During the final re-entry through the atmosphere radio contact was lost for a couple of minutes due to his heat shield getting hot - friction drag!!. It seems Glenn flow straight fwd all the time only changing altitude and speed. Glenn later became a US senator to fly with the Shuttle around the Earth to do a second fake re-entry and landing. He was in my opinion just a lying actor all the time. He was never in space.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2020, 07:13:55 PM by Heiwa »

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #307 on: July 11, 2020, 07:15:51 PM »
He was in my opinion just a lying actor all the time. He was never in space.
Sez YOU but we know you of old and so do so many other internet sites that have turned you out.
You are the liar, Mr Anders now run off because you don't fool anybody but yourself!

Heiwa

« Reply #308 on: July 11, 2020, 11:00:35 PM »
Sez YOU but we know you of old and so do so many other internet sites that have turned you out.
You are the liar, Mr Anders now run off because you don't fool anybody but yourself!
It is a pity that I am called a liar, when my findings clearly shows that US asstronut/senator John Glenn lied about his trip and escape velocity in space 1962 until he died some time ago. Of course John was military and just lied all his life on orders from above.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2020, 11:02:13 PM by Heiwa »

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #309 on: July 11, 2020, 11:33:08 PM »

So what?

Quote from: Heiwa
And how do you know it hasn't been done?

NASA Langley's Hypersonic Facilities Complex, 1969
And there have been plenty more constructed in other places!

Now we've had more than enough of your stupidity and ignorance!

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #310 on: July 11, 2020, 11:35:48 PM »
It is a pity that I am called a liar, when my findings clearly shows that US asstronut/senator John Glenn lied about his trip and escape velocity in space 1962 until he died some time ago. Of course John was military and just lied all his life on orders from above.
Too bad! You are called a liar because you are a blatant liar! Get used to it.

Heiwa

« Reply #311 on: July 12, 2020, 01:04:10 AM »
Well, I am called a liar and idiot by several governments, so I am used to it. But nobody has proven that I am wrong.
So this American folk/space hero was just a phony liar after his orbits around Earth. But John was not the first nor the last.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #312 on: July 12, 2020, 02:03:39 AM »
Well, I am called a liar and idiot by several governments, so I am used to it. But nobody has proven that I am wrong.
So this American folk/space hero was just a phony liar after his orbits around Earth. But John was not the first nor the last.
And you have never proven that:
John Glenn did not orbit the Earth in 1962
Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin did not land on the moon in 1969
the ISS is not orbiting the Earth now, crewed by NASA astronauts Douglas Hurley and Robert Behnken, Roscosmos flight engineer Anatoly Ivanishin, NASA Commander Chris Cassidy and Roscosmos flight engineer Ivan Vagner.
Nuclear weapons are not real and still a danger.

And I've no idea what you ever hope to gain with this stupid denial!

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #313 on: July 12, 2020, 04:10:26 AM »

You have been proven wrong plenty of times, and if you constantly make claims that turn out to not be true... liar is a good word.

The only proof you ever give is you saying you can't understand physics or math or much at all, which brings us to you being called an idiot.

Heiwa

« Reply #314 on: July 12, 2020, 05:08:47 AM »
the ISS is not orbiting the Earth now, crewed by NASA astronauts Douglas Hurley and Robert Behnken, Roscosmos flight engineer Anatoly Ivanishin, NASA Commander Chris Cassidy and Roscosmos flight engineer Ivan Vagner.

Well, Glenn, Armstrong and Buzz were just lying asstronut nobodies promoted heroes by media and NASA and the others are same kind but kosmos krauts shit. Cheap! Cost nothing!
Re nuclear weapons they are the same! Just stupid propaganda.
I am just the messenger. Please don't shot me!

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #315 on: July 12, 2020, 05:12:56 AM »

Well, Glenn, Armstrong and Buzz were just lying asstronut nobodies promoted heroes by media and NASA and the others are same kind but kosmos krauts shit. Cheap! Cost nothing!

You don't need shot, you need some serious professional help.

Heiwa

« Reply #316 on: July 12, 2020, 05:20:15 AM »

Thanks, but who are you?

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #317 on: July 12, 2020, 06:05:34 AM »

[/quote]
Thanks, but who are you?
[/quote]

Someone concerned for your mental health, and at the same time annoyed by your attacks on people and the truth.

But really, you need meds. Or stronger ones if you're already on some.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #318 on: July 12, 2020, 07:03:33 AM »

Your empty words mean nothing.
If you think they're frauds, prove it otherwise shut up!

Heiwa

« Reply #319 on: July 12, 2020, 08:24:28 AM »
We discuss escape velocity and use Gagarin and Glenn as examples. Their spacecrafts were just catapulted to orbit Earth at 7000 m/s high speed and 400 000 m altitude by strong rockets 1961/2. You need much more speed to escape but here it was just an orbit test at low altitude and speed. Gagarin made one orbit, Glenn made three! To stop orbiting both heroes reduced velocity to landing velocity using brake rockets to lower altitude by gravity, so they entered the atmosphere at 120000 m altitude, where very weak air friction drag reduced velocity from say 8100 m/s to 100 m/s during 10 minutes, so parachutes could be used for vertical landing. OK, Gagarin jumped out of his craft and landed himself with his personal parachute.
Question is can any spacecraft slow down from 8000 m/s to 0 just by air friction during 10 minutes. My finding is that it is not possible. Either you burn up or crash but you cannot rely on air friction. Of course there are plenty people suggesting the opposite and their only evidence is that they consider me a liar. They apparently believe Gagarin and Glenn and air friction. To solve the question I offer anyone €1M proving me wrong since many years.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #320 on: July 12, 2020, 08:30:56 AM »
Question is can any spacecraft slow down from 8000 m/s to 0 just by air friction during 10 minutes. My finding is that it is not possible. Either you burn up or crash but you cannot rely on air friction. Of course there are plenty people suggesting the opposite and their only evidence is that they consider me a liar. They apparently believe Gagarin and Glenn and air friction. To solve the question I offer anyone €1M proving me wrong since many years.

Your findings are just you saying it's not possible.

Sorry, just because you can't understand is not proof of anything but your ignorance of how re-entry works.

Once again... you SAYING it's not possible isn't proof.

And 'plenty of people' would be pretty much the entire scientific community, NASA, and a dozen other space agencies, plus all the countless engineers who work on aircraft that demonstrate drag and friction and compression heating of airplanes and rockets. Basicly the whole world.

And then there is you saying... no.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #321 on: July 12, 2020, 09:33:18 AM »
You are proven wrong every time a successful manned space flight happens.  That you don't believe those missions are real is irrelevant.

Heiwa

« Reply #322 on: July 12, 2020, 11:03:55 AM »
You are proven wrong every time a successful manned space flight happens.  That you don't believe those missions are real is irrelevant.
But no manned space flights ever happens. There is no evidence! A rocket goes up in the sky with heroes. A little later a box full of heroes drops down from the sky after a mysterious re-entry. What kind of evidence is it? And what did they do in space? Scientific research. LOL! Could have been done by a robot at 1/100 price. I always ask the heroes about going to the toilet. They never went there!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2020, 11:13:12 AM by Heiwa »

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #323 on: July 12, 2020, 11:07:34 AM »
idence
But no manned space flights ever happens. There is no evidence! A rocket goes up in the sky with heroes. A little later a box full of heroes drops down from the sky after a mysterious re-entry. What kind of evidence is it? And what did they do in space? Scientific research. LOL! Could have been done by a robot at 1/100 price. I always ask the heroes about going to the toilet. They never went there!

Once again, just because it blows your mind and you can't understand or believe it is not evidence.

If you have proof, show it.

Simply repeating "Golly gee that can't be real!" is not anything but evidence that you lack the ability to comprehend reality.

Heiwa

« Reply #324 on: July 12, 2020, 11:14:14 AM »

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #325 on: July 12, 2020, 11:19:48 AM »
If you have proof, show it.
http://heiwaco.tripod.com

Spamming your website isn't helpful.  That's just you saying NO on a web page instead of a forum.

What specific proof do you have? Show us here.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #326 on: July 12, 2020, 11:41:20 AM »
But no manned space flights ever happens. There is no evidence!
I've asked you over and over again, what evidence would you accept?  Why is it that you never answer the question?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #327 on: July 12, 2020, 02:59:43 PM »
I've asked you over and over again, what evidence would you accept?  Why is it that you never answer the question?
Heiwa needs no evidence and accepts no evidence.
If his tiny brain can't understand something he knows it's impossible - He's the classic Dunning-Kruger case.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #328 on: July 12, 2020, 07:00:56 PM »
Heiwa needs no evidence and accepts no evidence.
If his tiny brain can't understand something he knows it's impossible - He's the classic Dunning-Kruger case.

And he's no longer a fan of Nespresso so the offer to come to his office for a chat may as well be dead and buried. I'm not travelling half way across the planet to watch some old guy get pissed on cheap wine

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

Heiwa

« Reply #329 on: July 12, 2020, 07:39:55 PM »
I accept anything that gives me reason to believe you as evidence. An image is no evidence, when we don’t know the full history of the image, e.g. of a solid Black Hole with a diameter of our Solar System or of an asstronut planting strawberries on the Moon, etc. Many people believe that images of such things is evidence but not me. I need more solid, scientific evidence.