Escape velocity and Speed of light?

• 399 Replies

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
Re: Escape velocity and Speed of light?
« Reply #240 on: July 08, 2020, 08:30:39 PM »

You claim you're in the shipping business.

Mail Room

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #241 on: July 08, 2020, 08:37:50 PM »

You claim you're in the shipping business.

Mail Room

Or maybe entertainment director announcer? "Shuffleboard, Lido Deck, 8300 hours. All ages!"

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #242 on: July 08, 2020, 08:42:59 PM »
or rouge entrepreneur, "BJ's, $5"

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #243 on: July 08, 2020, 08:53:54 PM »
or rouge entrepreneur, "BJ's, $5"

Everyone has to start somewhere.

Heiwa

• I have been around a long time.
« Reply #244 on: July 08, 2020, 10:20:24 PM »
Do Heiwas sea faring ships reach the speed of light or something? Why is this talked about in a thread about escape velocities and the speed of light? Weird.
We all agree that you need velocity to escape from Earth and that it is not the speed of light. The problem arises when you return from space and try to land in front of passport control and health security. How to reduce the arrival velocity to zero?
Then there is the problem of illegal immigrants from space and their flying saucers. It seems to have solved itself! No saucers seen landing recently.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 10:23:06 PM by Heiwa »

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #245 on: July 08, 2020, 10:25:56 PM »

How to reduce the arrival velocity to zero?

Aim straight down.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #246 on: July 08, 2020, 10:31:42 PM »
Do Heiwas sea faring ships reach the speed of light or something? Why is this talked about in a thread about escape velocities and the speed of light? Weird.
We all agree that you need velocity to escape from Earth and that it is not the speed of light. The problem arises when you return from space and try to land in front of passport control and health security. How to reduce the arrival velocity to zero?

Actually, it's quite simple. You don't understand the science or engineering around doing so.
Because of this non-understanding on your part you fabricate stories of cavorting with astronauts and meeting someone from Japan and, more dauntingly, actually being a safety engineer for seafaring ships. No one in their right mind would hire you for an engineering task given your lack of knowledge regarding physics so loudly exhibited on your web site. You have zero credibility in things you claim to know about and less than zero credibility in things you know nothing about.

Just quit with the charade. Since you've gone full conspiracy theorist, no one has hired you for engineering of anything. And it's kind of insane that you are delusional enough to think that someone did. Like I said, you have zero credibility.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #247 on: July 09, 2020, 12:17:04 AM »
Already explained to you many times and at length but you don't have the brains to understand it.

Quote from: Heiwa
Then there is the problem of illegal immigrants from space and their flying saucers. It seems to have solved itself! No saucers seen landing recently.
Rubbish! But what should we do if there were?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 12:44:32 AM by rabinoz »

Heiwa

« Reply #248 on: July 09, 2020, 02:44:07 AM »

Actually, it's quite simple.
So you arrive from space with velocity 7000 m/s at 120 000 m altitude at point A in the upper atmosphere and shall land in the ocean 15 minutes later at point B, where somebody in a boat shall pick you up. So how to go from A to B and land safely in front of the boat?

SpaceX Clown Executive Officer Lone Musk sells four months return trips to Mars with a 200 persons space craft. A ticket is $ 100k. When it returns from Mars it lands adjacent to a cruise ship serving lobster and champagne at arrival.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #249 on: July 09, 2020, 03:01:58 AM »

So you arrive from space with velocity 7000 m/s at 120 000 m altitude at point A in the upper atmosphere and shall land in the ocean 15 minutes later at point B, where somebody in a boat shall pick you up. So how to go from A to B and land safely in front of the boat?

math

Heiwa

« Reply #250 on: July 09, 2020, 04:17:50 AM »

math

Yes, very simple, easy!

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #251 on: July 09, 2020, 04:54:09 AM »

math

Yes, very simple, easy!

It's actually very simple to understand, if you can grasp basic concepts and simple ideas.

If the idea of space blows your mind and makes you freak out, then yeah, it's hard to understand. Sorry about that.

Heiwa

« Reply #252 on: July 09, 2020, 05:50:11 AM »

math

Yes, very simple, easy!

It's actually very simple to understand, if you can grasp basic concepts and simple ideas.

If the idea of space blows your mind and makes you freak out, then yeah, it's hard to understand. Sorry about that.
Going from A (in the sky) to B (in the water) is simple. Just tell me how you slow down, etc.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #253 on: July 09, 2020, 05:57:27 AM »

math

Yes, very simple, easy!

Going from A (in the sky) to B (in the water) is simple. Just tell me how you slow down, etc.

It's extremely simple. It's called aerobraking. Atmospheric drag slows the capsule down to the point where they can use this astounding device called a parachute.

It's not really that difficult to understand the basic concept. Thins slow down in the atmosphere. Just stick your hand outside a moving car window to test.  ::)

Heiwa

« Reply #254 on: July 09, 2020, 07:44:21 AM »

math

Yes, very simple, easy!

It's extremely simple. It's called aerobraking. Atmospheric drag slows the capsule down to the point where they can use this astounding device called a parachute.

It's not really that difficult to understand the basic concept. Thins slow down in the atmosphere. Just stick your hand outside a moving car window to test.  ::)

But there is no air above 20 000 m altitude! Airplanes or space crafts cannot fly there. So aerobraking or atmospheric drag is not possible. Do you really know what you are talking about? You sound like Buzz Aldrin, PhD.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #255 on: July 09, 2020, 07:47:09 AM »
Spacex uses its rockets.

Other space craft use parachutes or just land like a plane.

All use aerobraking .
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #256 on: July 09, 2020, 07:52:42 AM »

math

Yes, very simple, easy!

But there is no air above 20 000 m altitude! Airplanes or space crafts cannot fly there. So aerobraking or atmospheric drag is not possible. Do you really know what you are talking about?

Ever hear of rockets? When astronauts return from the ISS the capsule fires rockets to push it down to where there is atmosphere, which does the majority of the slowing down.

You sound like Buzz Aldrin, PhD.

You sound like someone who is deeply ignorant about the basic concepts of what they are denying.

Heiwa

« Reply #257 on: July 09, 2020, 08:14:39 AM »

Ever hear of rockets? When astronauts return from the ISS the capsule fires rockets to push it down to where there is atmosphere, which does the majority of the slowing down.

You sound like someone who is deeply ignorant about the basic concepts of what they are denying.

No, in the old times there was a Shuttle that returned from the ISS. The Shuttle had same speed as the ISS - 7000 m/s - at 400 000 m altitude and it used rocket engines to slow it down so it started to drop down on Earth. Dropping down the speed increased ... etc, etc.
And the Shuttle didn't have any fuel aboard for braking.
So the 135 returns by Shuttle from the ISS never took place. http://heiwaco.tripod.com/moontravel2.htm
All just stupid Hollywood shows with a fake Shuttle being dropped off from a plane. 

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #258 on: July 09, 2020, 08:52:19 AM »

But there is no air above 20 000 m altitude! Airplanes or space crafts cannot fly there. So aerobraking or atmospheric drag is not possible.
I find it unbelievable that you should say such a thing! Surely nobody is so ignorant as to think that in this day!
Flight altitude record
During 2002 an ultra-thin-film balloon named BU60-1 made of polyethylene film 3.4 µm thick with a volume of 60,000 m³ was launched from Sanriku Balloon Center at Ofunato City, Iwate in Japan at 6:35 on May 23, 2002. The balloon ascended at a speed of 260 m per minute and successfully reached the altitude of 53.0 km (173,900 ft), breaking the previous world record set during 1972
53.0 km is rather higher than your 20 km and the atmosphere doesn't suddenly stop there but the density simply keeps gradually falling so that there's still enough at 150 km to bring a spacecraft down.

Quote from: Heiwa
Do you really know what you are talking about? You sound like Buzz Aldrin, PhD.
I know what I'm talking about and Buzz Aldrin knows what he''s talking about but you obviously don't!

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #259 on: July 09, 2020, 08:59:37 AM »

No, in the old times there was a Shuttle that returned from the ISS. The Shuttle had same speed as the ISS - 7000 m/s - at 400 000 m altitude and it used rocket engines to slow it down so it started to drop down on Earth. Dropping down the speed increased ... etc, etc.
So the 135 returns by Shuttle from the ISS never took place. http://heiwaco.tripod.com/moontravel2.htm
All just stupid Hollywood shows with a fake Shuttle being dropped off from a plane.
Rubbish!

You've no idea what you're talking about.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #260 on: July 09, 2020, 09:07:49 AM »
But there is no air above 20 000 m altitude!
Wrong.

Airplanes or space crafts cannot fly there.
Tell that to SR-71 and U-2 pilots who used to routinely fly well above 20,000 m.

So aerobraking or atmospheric drag is not possible. Do you really know what you are talking about?
Anders, you'd be far better off sticking to safety at sea because you obviously have no clue about air or space.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #261 on: July 09, 2020, 09:32:23 AM »

You continue to show your ignorance, and inability to even read what I said.

The shuttle and capsules used the same technique, adjusting their orbit with rockets to hit the atmosphere, which then slowed it down.  It didn't use rockets in the air for braking. The shuttle didn't carry fuel? What drugs are you on, or what ones SHOULD you be on?

You have NO idea what you are talking about, and every reply is just more ignorance on display.

Heiwa

« Reply #262 on: July 09, 2020, 10:06:35 AM »

The shuttle and capsules used the same technique, adjusting their orbit with rockets to hit the atmosphere, which then slowed it down.  It didn't use rockets in the air for braking. The shuttle didn't carry fuel? What drugs are you on, or what ones SHOULD you be on?

You have NO idea what you are talking about, and every reply is just more ignorance on display.
Well, I publish my findings under my own name since many years and nobody has found anything wrong with them.
No US Space Shuttles have ever been in space. The only 'Shuttles' seen landing anywhere were simply theater type mock-ups dropped off a plane. What a stupid show!
I pay you a prize proving me wrong. My famous Challenge. Very popular reading at this forum.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #263 on: July 09, 2020, 10:10:25 AM »

Well, I publish my findings under my own name since many years and nobody has found anything wrong with them.
No US Space Shuttles have ever been in space. The only 'Shuttles' seen landing anywhere were simply theater type mock-ups dropped off a plane. What a stupid show!
I pay you a prize proving me wrong. My famous Challenge. Very popular reading at this forum.

You published findings that it's impossible to return from space? Citation required, I don't believe you. And making a web page doesn't count as publishing.  ::)

You've provided no proof or any valid reasoning or logic other than claiming it's impossible. That's it, just you saying NO. Not much evidence, other than showing your profound ignorance.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #264 on: July 09, 2020, 11:05:16 AM »
You ignoring or dismissing people who find things wrong with your findings is not the same as nobody finding anything wrong with them.

Heiwa

« Reply #265 on: July 09, 2020, 11:20:18 AM »

You published findings that it's impossible to return from space? Citation required, I don't believe you. And making a web page doesn't count as publishing.  ::)

You've provided no proof or any valid reasoning or logic other than claiming it's impossible. That's it, just you saying NO. Not much evidence, other than showing your profound ignorance.

Sorry, there are no peer reviewed scientific descriptions of how to re-enter from space and land intact on Earth anywhere. I know re-entry is taught universities, etc, but without any evidence at all! NASA, ESA, etc say it is easy but ... no evidence. Nobody can explain how to return from space and land on Earth.
In the past "heat shields" were used to absorb the heat produced at re-entry but there is no evidence that they work.
Since many years I describe the re-entry fiasco/hoax at my website and I pay anyone a prize that can explain a re-entry.
So I conclude human space travel is criminal fraud since its beginning.  Just look at the clowns saying they have been in space and returned.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #266 on: July 09, 2020, 11:32:45 AM »

Sorry, there are no peer reviewed scientific descriptions of how to re-enter from space and land intact on Earth anywhere. I know re-entry is taught universities, etc, but without any evidence at all! NASA, ESA, etc say it is easy but ... no evidence. Nobody can explain how to return from space and land on Earth.

What?

No evidence? Five hundred people that went to space and back from several countries don't count? Dozens of space agencies launching satelites and rockets, including several private companies aren't evidence?  Maybe not to you, because you just blanket deny anything involving space.  Easy to say there is no evidence when you just see no space, hear no space.

You again, provide nothing but YOUR assertion it's impossible. Reality would disagree.

Nobody can explain it to YOU because you are simply incapable of understanding it. That's not NASA's fault. The rest of us can understand it just fine.

Your inability to understand doesn't make it a lie, it just make you, well, figure it out.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #267 on: July 09, 2020, 11:38:06 AM »
Sorry, there are no peer reviewed scientific descriptions of how to re-enter from space and land intact on Earth anywhere.
Why do you lie about things that are so easy to verify?

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #268 on: July 09, 2020, 02:14:44 PM »
Nobody can explain how to return from space and land on Earth.

Nobody? Where do you get 'nobody' from? Or is this simply your standard dismissal of all things you don't understand? Would you like some papers/articles on the matter that you could add into your "findings"?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #269 on: July 09, 2020, 03:05:06 PM »

A conspiracy theorist, like Heiwa, needs no evidence - he "just knows :D!"
His "wonderful site :o" contains no information, just his ramblings and ignorance.