Escape velocity and Speed of light?

• 399 Replies

Heiwa

• I have been around a long time.
Re: Escape velocity and Speed of light?
« Reply #60 on: June 27, 2020, 10:28:53 PM »
Well, topic is Technology, Science & Alt Science in a Flat Earth Society forum so I think I am straight in line. Let's face it. There are plenty crazy people around.
No, the topic is "Escape velocity and Speed of light" and you veered far off that

I guess you were looking in a mirror when you wrote "There are plenty crazy people around.".
No, only reason I am here is that I am accused of not paying 1M to anyone showing me how to do manned space travel to the Moon, Mars and an asteroid (see top of page). To go to Mars or an asteroid your spacecraft incl. fuel have to accelerate and exceed escape speed 11.2 km/s (and stop on arrival and then take off again and return to Earth) and it is simply not possible. Basic physics as somebody says.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #61 on: June 27, 2020, 10:44:03 PM »
Also, it's impossible to make pancakes in space.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #62 on: June 28, 2020, 12:45:14 AM »
To go to Mars or an asteroid your spacecraft incl. fuel have to accelerate and exceed escape speed 11.2 km/s (and stop on arrival and then take off again and return to Earth) and it is simply not possible. Basic physics as somebody says.
You are in the wrong thread.

Heiwa

« Reply #63 on: June 28, 2020, 02:23:49 AM »
Somebody said that a black hole is simply what some call ANY object that is so heavy that it's escape velocity is greater than the speed of light. Once that happens it is now a black hole, as he can't see what goes on inside, he added.
I just pointed out that I have been watching our Solar System, one of million such systems in our Milky Way galaxy, for 70+ years and not seen the outside of black hole anywhere here or there.
Just to escape from Earth requires very high speed, and after that you cannot brake and stop anywhere. It seems we are all prisoners on Earth forever. So anybody suggesting he visited the Moon 1969 and pissed there (and then returned home) must be an alcoholic liar.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #64 on: June 28, 2020, 02:54:50 AM »
Somebody said that a black hole is simply what some call ANY object that is so heavy that it's escape velocity is greater than the speed of light. Once that happens it is now a black hole, as he can't see what goes on inside, he added.
I just pointed out that I have been watching our Solar System, one of million such systems in our Milky Way galaxy, for 70+ years and not seen the outside of black hole anywhere here or there.
Since there's no black hole anywhere near the Solar System that's not surprising. ;D
There is one about 1000 light years from hear.

Quote from: Heiwa
Just to escape from Earth requires very high speed, and after that you cannot brake and stop anywhere. It seems we are all prisoners on Earth forever. So anybody suggesting he visited the Moon 1969 and pissed there (and then returned home) must be an alcoholic liar.
Totally incorrect but irrelevant in this thread.

Heiwa

« Reply #65 on: June 28, 2020, 03:27:24 AM »
Since there's no black hole anywhere near the Solar System that's not surprising. ;D

Thanks! It is my fault. The black holes were too far away from me to see them.
But NO! I looked. And saw nothing.
You sound like an idiot. Telling people seeing non-existing things. Why? How much are you paid for it?

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #66 on: June 28, 2020, 03:42:11 AM »

You sound like an idiot. Telling people seeing non-existing things. Why? How much are you paid for it?

Can you see me now?  Do I exist?  According to your logic I'm not real.

You are the one sounding like an idiot for saying if you personally can't look up in the sky and see something, that means it must not exist!

Ever heard of telescopes?  Ever seen thermal cameras?  Ever used binoculars?  These things are all real and exist, I suggest you try one.

Heiwa

« Reply #67 on: June 28, 2020, 07:29:45 AM »

You are the one sounding like an idiot for saying if you personally can't look up in the sky and see something, that means it must not exist!

Ever heard of telescopes?  Ever seen thermal cameras?  Ever used binoculars?  These things are all real and exist, I suggest you try one.
Sorry, it is my fault. I live on the northern hemisphere with a sea view, so I can only see 70% of the Solar System from there with a telescope or binoculars. The black hole is maybe out of my sight. But let's face it. Shouldn't a black hole in the sky show up as a ... black hole ... in the sky ... sometimes? But No! It is too far away even using a telescope. It cannot be seen ... even using a telescope. Of course, remote stars/suns have been filmed orbiting this black hole in the sky - see above - but the orbits look funny. A joke, in my opinion.

« Reply #68 on: June 28, 2020, 07:50:37 AM »

Sorry, it is my fault. I live on the northern hemisphere with a sea view, so I can only see 70% of the Solar System from there with a telescope or binoculars. The black hole is maybe out of my sight. But let's face it. Shouldn't a black hole in the sky show up as a ... black hole ... in the sky ... sometimes? But No! It is too far away even using a telescope. It cannot be seen ... even using a telescope. Of course, remote stars/suns have been filmed orbiting this black hole in the sky - see above - but the orbits look funny. A joke, in my opinion.

What the hell are you ranting about?  You seem to understand that you shouldn’t be able to see a black hole, yet you’re whinging that you can’t see it, so it’s a joke.

That’s some grade A science denial. 

NotSoSkeptical

• Flatness as in the shape of a water droplet.
« Reply #69 on: June 28, 2020, 08:39:08 AM »
Heiwa is one of the worst kind of science deniers.   He is a swedish fake frenchman.
Rabinoz RIP

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #70 on: June 28, 2020, 09:09:41 AM »

Well, I suppose since the orbits "look funny" to you I'll have to take your word for it rather than astronomers who spend their entire lives studying such things.  ::)

Maybe you should try to understand things before you just start denying them.  If you think a black hole 50,000 light years away is going to show up as a hole in the sky, you really need to educate yourself.  At least UNDERSTAND something before trying to deny it's existence. ALl you are doing is showing you have zero idea what you're talking about.

Heiwa

« Reply #71 on: June 28, 2020, 10:20:08 AM »

Well, I suppose since the orbits "look funny" to you I'll have to take your word for it rather than astronomers who spend their entire lives studying such things.  ::)

Maybe you should try to understand things before you just start denying them.  If you think a black hole 50,000 light years away is going to show up as a hole in the sky, you really need to educate yourself.  At least UNDERSTAND something before trying to deny it's existence. ALl you are doing is showing you have zero idea what you're talking about.
Please, I don't deny things. You say there is a black hole in the center of the Milky Way galaxy (around which stars/suns orbit) and that there are other black holes in centers of billion other galaxies like the Milky Way in the Universe but you don't provide any evidence for these billion black holes. Only a stupid video! So I simply don't believe you. You suggest I should use a telescope to see this black hole, etc, etc. I have done it for 70 years! But  suddenly it is too small to be seen according you. I thought a black hole would swallow all light around it to be a little bigger so it could be seen. Like stars. Orbiting the black hole. But I haven't seen any stars orbiting anything in the sky. 

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #72 on: June 28, 2020, 11:06:23 AM »

Please, I don't deny things. You say there is a black hole in the center of the Milky Way galaxy (around which stars/suns orbit) and that there are other black holes in centers of billion other galaxies like the Milky Way in the Universe but you don't provide any evidence for these billion black holes. Only a stupid video! So I simply don't believe you.

You don't deny things?  I could spend all day listing things you deny and don't believe in.

You never asked for evidence of the billion other black holes, and now you deny the exist because you're too lazy to look them up or even ask about them now.  Even if I bothered to find evidence, you would just simply not believe me some more.

I presented evidence of stars orbiting a black hole, and you can call it stupid all you like, and deny that it's real, then deny that you deny anything.  Seriously? 

You suggest I should use a telescope to see this black hole, etc, etc. I have done it for 70 years! But  suddenly it is too small to be seen according you.

Yes, it's too small to be seen with the naked eye, I said that more than once.  It's also too dim to see in visible light, which is why they use an infrared telescope. Why do you have such a hard time understanding this?  You can't just look at it from your back yard, you need a high power infrared telescope.

I thought a black hole would swallow all light around it to be a little bigger so it could be seen. Like stars. Orbiting the black hole. But I haven't seen any stars orbiting anything in the sky.

How many times do you need it explained to you, you can NOT look up at the sky in your backyard and see stars 50,000 light years away that are only visible in the infrared.  Stars that it took 10 years of observations to see moving too, so yeah, you aren't going to look up and see them circling around.  Seriously.  How many times do you need to be told to understand?

Things you can't directly see can still exists.  No astronomers call YOU up to ask if you saw something in the sky before they publish it, because if Heiwa can't look up and stare at it, it must not exist!  ::)

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #73 on: June 28, 2020, 01:54:42 PM »

Please, I don't deny things. You say there is a black hole in the center of the Milky Way galaxy (around which stars/suns orbit) and that there are other black holes in centers of billion other galaxies like the Milky Way in the Universe but you don't provide any evidence for these billion black holes. Only a stupid video! So I simply don't believe you. You suggest I should use a telescope to see this black hole, etc, etc. I have done it for 70 years! But  suddenly it is too small to be seen according you. I thought a black hole would swallow all light around it to be a little bigger so it could be seen. Like stars. Orbiting the black hole. But I haven't seen any stars orbiting anything in the sky.
Yes, unless your telescope is the size of planet Earth it is too small! The Event Horizon Telescope Array was used to "photograph" the black hole at the centre of the  a massive galaxy, Messier 87, over 50 million light years away.
Read First-ever picture of a black hole unveiled. That "telescope" is a worldwide array of radio dishes. Read Event Horizon Telescopes.

Heiwa

« Reply #74 on: June 28, 2020, 05:01:19 PM »

Yes, unless your telescope is the size of planet Earth it is too small! The Event Horizon Telescope Array was used to "photograph" the black hole at the centre of the  a massive galaxy, Messier 87, over 50 million light years away.
Read First-ever picture of a black hole unveiled. That "telescope" is a worldwide array of radio dishes. Read Event Horizon Telescopes.
Thanks for the picture of a Black Hole that a girl, Ms Katie Bouman, found in her computer one day. I describe the event at my website - http://heiwaco.tripod.com/moontravelb.htm#BH . You don't really believe that?
I think it was a selfie! LOL!

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #75 on: June 28, 2020, 06:42:00 PM »
Thanks for the picture of a Black Hole that a girl, Ms Katie Bouman, found in her computer one day.
"That girl" was a 29 year-old computer scientist and she did the computer processing needed to convert the enormous amount of data into an image.

I describe the event at my website - http://heiwaco.tripod.com/moontravelb.htm#BH . You don't really believe that?
Nobody who understands anything bothers with that website that shows how little you understand.

And who cares what you think?

Heiwa

« Reply #76 on: June 28, 2020, 10:17:01 PM »
Thanks for the picture of a Black Hole that a girl, Ms Katie Bouman, found in her computer one day.
"That girl" was a 29 year-old computer scientist and she did the computer processing needed to convert the enormous amount of data into an image.

Yes, but you would suppose you don't need a girl to convert the data into an image. And she didn't know how the data became a picture. And the image doesn't look like a Black Hole. It looks like something else.

Stash

« Reply #77 on: June 28, 2020, 10:43:58 PM »

Yes, but you would suppose you don't need a girl to convert the data into an image. And she didn't know how the data became a picture. And the image doesn't look like a Black Hole. It looks like something else.

How do you know what a black hole is supposed to look like?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #78 on: June 29, 2020, 12:18:00 AM »

Why shouldn't a computer scientist be the one to convert all the digital data from the radio telescopes shown below into an image?

Event Horizon Telescope

Heiwa

« Reply #79 on: June 29, 2020, 03:28:10 AM »

How do you know what a black hole is supposed to look like?
The Katie Bouman picture is black with an orange/white thing in the center (light from behind?) with a black dot in the middle of it. She says it is a Black Hole.
I just suggest it cannot be a photo of a Black Hole! Lit up from behind??????

Heiwa

« Reply #80 on: June 29, 2020, 03:31:42 AM »

Why shouldn't a computer scientist be the one to convert all the digital data from the radio telescopes shown below into an image?

Event Horizon Telescope
Because she ignores data from Russia, China, India, North Korea, Japan, Australia, etc. And the North Pole. Data from the North Pole is absolutely required to spot a Black Hole.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #81 on: June 29, 2020, 03:54:22 AM »

Event Horizon Telescope
Because she ignores data from Russia, China, India, North Korea, Japan, Australia, etc. And the North Pole. Data from the North Pole is absolutely required to spot a Black Hole.
Why would "the North Pole is absolutely required to spot a Black Hole."? There is no land at the North Pole on which to build a telescope so how could there be a huge radio-telescope there?

Ever thought that "she ignores data from Russia, China, India, North Korea, Japan, Australia, etc" because every radio-telescope of the very-long-baseline interferometry (VLBI)  needs to face the the supergiant elliptical galaxy Messier 87 at the same time?

I guess not, you never seem to bother learning anything about the things that you question.

Heiwa

« Reply #82 on: June 29, 2020, 03:58:19 AM »

Event Horizon Telescope
Why would "the North Pole is absolutely required to spot a Black Hole."? There is no land at the North Pole on which to build a telescope so how could there be a huge radio-telescope there?

Ever thought that "she ignores data from Russia, China, India, North Korea, Japan, Australia, etc" because every radio-telescope of the very-long-baseline interferometry (VLBI)  needs to face the the supergiant elliptical galaxy Messier 87 at the same time?

I guess not, you never seem to bother learning anything about the things that you question.
The North Pole is very important to spot Black Holes from. Great view in all directions. But today the Sun is shining all the time there so difficult to spot Black Holes. Better go Sun bathing. >40C in the Sun. Great place.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #83 on: June 29, 2020, 04:19:49 AM »
The North Pole is very important to spot Black Holes from. Great view in all directions. But today the Sun is shining all the time there so difficult to spot Black Holes. Better go Sun bathing. >40C in the Sun. Great place.
I guess you didn't read what I wrote!

I repeat, there is no land at the North Pole so how could you mount a huge radio-telescope there?
And why would the Sun shining affect a radio-telescope (unless pointing too close)?

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #84 on: June 29, 2020, 06:32:28 AM »

Thanks for the picture of a Black Hole that a girl, Ms Katie Bouman, found in her computer one day. I describe the event at my website - http://heiwaco.tripod.com/moontravelb.htm#BH . You don't really believe that?

Why do you even bother asking for proof or evidence when you just reflexively deny everything anyone tells you?   

What a sad, little, empty world you live in.  Nothing but lies and paranoia.

Writing a long web page doesn't make you right.  Just ask Time Cube guy.

Heiwa

« Reply #85 on: June 29, 2020, 07:44:30 AM »

Why do you even bother asking for proof or evidence when you just reflexively deny everything anyone tells you?   

My principal interest is safety at sea. Seafarers make up stories what happens there. They watch the sky all the time since thousands of years and no black holes have been reported. I use critical thinking to check the info. So I got interested in safety in space and human space travel. You know plenty stupid people cosmokrauts and asstroclowns say they have flown in the Universe. A powerful rocket catapulted them away from Earth into the Universe at high speed (topic) but only evidence was noise and smoke at take-off. The rest was all lies! Reason is that all space trips are one way only! There is no way to brake, return and land on Earth coming from space. It is basic physics.
I just feel sorry for people believing in humans in space.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #86 on: June 29, 2020, 07:54:09 AM »

My principal interest is safety at sea. Seafarers make up stories what happens there. They watch the sky all the time since thousands of years and no black holes have been reported. I use critical thinking to check the info. So I got interested in safety in space and human space travel. You know plenty stupid people cosmokrauts and asstroclowns say they have flown in the Universe. A powerful rocket catapulted them away from Earth into the Universe at high speed (topic) but only evidence was noise and smoke at take-off. The rest was all lies! Reason is that all space trips are one way only! There is no way to brake, return and land on Earth coming from space. It is basic physics.

Uh, once more for the tenth time... there are no black holes visible with the naked eye.  You keep being astounded nobody has seen one, but clearly have no idea what you're talking about.  Wondering why people don't see giant black circles in the sky all the time just proves you really are clueless when it comes to astronomy.  Read a book. Learn something.

Nobody has seen the Horsehead Nebula with their naked eye, so I guess you think that's fake too?

I just feel sorry for people believing in humans in space.

I feel sorry for your empty world full of lies. Where instead of wonder at Mankinds achievements, you just, well, feel whatever it is you do. That's truly sad.

Shifter

• Blind to the truth
« Reply #87 on: June 29, 2020, 08:01:02 AM »
Nobody has seen the Horsehead Nebula with their naked eye, so I guess you think that's fake too?

The above image has been manipulated to look aesthetically pleasing to humans and does not represent reality
A Future Is Not Given To You. It Is Something You Must Take For Yourself

Heiwa

« Reply #88 on: June 29, 2020, 08:10:40 AM »

I feel sorry for your empty world full of lies. Where instead of wonder at Mankinds achievements, you just, well, feel whatever it is you do. That's truly sad.

I have to repeat: My principal interest is safety at sea. Seafarers make up stories - LIES -  what happens there. They also watch the sky all the time since thousands of years and no black holes have been reported. I use critical thinking to check the info. So I got interested in safety in space and human space travel. You know plenty stupid people cosmokrauts and asstroclowns say they have flown in the Universe. A powerful rocket catapulted the heroes  away from Earth into the Universe at high speed (topic) but only evidence was noise and smoke at take-off. The rest was all lies! Reason is that all space trips are one way only! There is no way for our HEROES to brake, return and land on Earth coming from space. It is basic physics. Just ask them!
I just feel sorry for people believing in humans in space. It is not even funny. It is sad.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #89 on: June 29, 2020, 08:16:58 AM »

The above image has been manipulated to look aesthetically pleasing to humans and does not represent reality

Do you admit that the nebula is a real object in space, but are somehow upset that people take pictures of it using advanced imaging techniques?

Or do you think you think hands also don't exist, and don't emit heat because of 'manipulated' pictures like this one?

Both the images above are real.  Or do you dispute that?