Overcoming the Monster.
    Rags to Riches.
    The Quest.
    Voyage and Return.
    Comedy.
    Tragedy.
    Rebirth.

It is the The Seven Basic Plots

That's just one guy's theory and so what anyway?  There are only 3 basics colours, but they can be combined into and infinite variety.  Like stories.

It's not even that really. Like, you could do the same with 5 stories. Or 3 stories. As long as you stretch your definitions enough. If someone believes in the 7 basic plots theory they can just move the goalposts every time you come up with something that doesn't fit the mold, it's kinda silly.

Or any family reunion.   ;D

Re: Why are Hollywood movies so crap?
« Reply #61 on: November 26, 2020, 02:11:47 AM »
Parasites are blind
Eh?

By the way, have you tried out Kingdom yet?  I'm still enjoying it.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #62 on: November 26, 2020, 03:11:40 AM »
Parasites are blind
Eh?

By the way, have you tried out Kingdom yet?  I'm still enjoying it.

Haven't watched it yet. I've ditched Netflix for trying to up the monthly price yet again. So now when enough good titles are released, I'll binge them in a month and cancel the subscription again for a while. Instead of paying nearly $200 a year I can get a way with a fraction of that. Just waiting for Star Trek Discovery to finish its run at the moment so I guess January

I watched the Korean movie 'Rampant' which is a zombie movie set in the Joseon period. It's ok..... Nothing like Train to Busan lol. It does star Hyun Bin who starred in Crash Landing on You. That guy is awesome.

As for the Parasites the explanation I found on the web relating to the movie poster is that 'parasites like worms, dont have eyes and can only detect light'. The rich family has white bars perhaps because they are above ground and in light while the poor family lives almost underground so has black bars.

Parasites can have a mutually beneficial relationship with their host. Frankly, The rich family was benefiting from the poor family and the poor family benefited from the rich family. All parasites!

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #63 on: November 26, 2020, 04:19:25 AM »

Parasites can have a mutually beneficial relationship with their host.

That's symbiotic, you stupid fuck.

Parasites suck their live energy from their victim.
Their protozoa, helminths, and ectoparasites.

OMG, you are so stupid.  :)

« Reply #64 on: November 26, 2020, 04:41:14 AM »

As for the Parasites the explanation I found on the web relating to the movie poster is that 'parasites like worms, dont have eyes and can only detect light'.
This is nonsense - don't rely on Quora for your facts  :P Mosquitos have eyes for starters.  So do vampire bats.   The classification of parasite has nothing to do with eyes.

The rich family has white bars perhaps because they are above ground and in light while the poor family lives almost underground so has black bars.
I just looks like they are making them anonymous to me.  I wouldn't read too much into it - maybe the graphic designer just thought it looked cool.

if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

« Reply #65 on: November 26, 2020, 04:45:52 AM »

That's symbiotic, you stupid fuck.

wiki:
Parasitism is a symbiotic relationship between species,

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #66 on: November 26, 2020, 05:08:45 AM »

That's symbiotic, you stupid  :o

So... Mutally beneficial then under a different name then  ::)

It's like arguing the intestinal flora in your gut are harmful because eww germs

Not all parasites are 100% bad for the host

You want to lose weight? Eat a tapeworm  >:D Probably far better than having a life threatening surgery to staple your stomach and cut out a portion of your small intestines. Just have some weekly vitamin B12 / vitamin injection to make sure you still get what you need. When your done, pop a pill and kill that SOB in your gut :P

Or how about a G'ould like on StarGate? Gives you awesome healing powers and a very long life?  8)

OK in seriousness, some scientists have found it may be beneficial to our immune system to always give it 'something' to do
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/07/140723111129.htm

When I looked after certain strains of mice that had a 70% chance of getting diabetes because of their shitty genetics, the one thing that could prevent them from getting the diabetes was to not live in a sterile environment. If the colony got infected with worms, it would devastate the research as they would not get diabetes

Leech therapy is still a thing
https://www.schn.health.nsw.gov.au/fact-sheets/leech-therapy

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #67 on: November 26, 2020, 05:34:19 AM »

That's symbiotic, you stupid  :o

So... Mutally beneficial then under a different name then  ::)

It's like arguing the intestinal flora in your gut are harmful because eww germs

Not all parasites are 100% bad for the host

You want to lose weight? Eat a tapeworm  >:D Probably far better than having a life threatening surgery to staple your stomach and cut out a portion of your small intestines. Just have some weekly vitamin B12 / vitamin injection to make sure you still get what you need. When your done, pop a pill and kill that SOB in your gut :P

Or how about a G'ould like on StarGate? Gives you awesome healing powers and a very long life?  8)

OK in seriousness, some scientists have found it may be beneficial to our immune system to always give it 'something' to do
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/07/140723111129.htm

When I looked after certain strains of mice that had a 70% chance of getting diabetes because of their shitty genetics, the one thing that could prevent them from getting the diabetes was to not live in a sterile environment. If the colony got infected with worms, it would devastate the research as they would not get diabetes

Leech therapy is still a thing
https://www.schn.health.nsw.gov.au/fact-sheets/leech-therapy

yep

?

Jamie

• Retired
« Reply #68 on: December 06, 2020, 05:58:14 AM »
Welp, movie theaters are probably dead.
"Conspiracy theorists actually believe in the conspiracy because that is more comforting." - Alan Moore

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #69 on: December 06, 2020, 09:55:32 AM »
I'm a little bothered by that.

I'm more concerned about what it means for the movie industry when it's impossible to make a billion dollars on a movie.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #70 on: December 10, 2020, 02:55:59 AM »
So just watched 'The Tower'. A Korean take I guess on 'The Towering Inferno'. Except a lot less boring and a lot more death while still keeping it a drama with a romance sub plot

This scene explains why you dont use an elevator during a fire.

Don't watch if you dont like people dying  :o >:D

Know your place

?

Jamie

• Retired
« Reply #71 on: December 11, 2020, 03:56:04 PM »
I dunno 'bout y'all, I'm really excited for the new I Know What You Did Last Summer flick, I Will Forever And Always Remember All Of The Things That You Do Every Summer; No Exceptions, No Ifs, Ands, Or Buts.
"Conspiracy theorists actually believe in the conspiracy because that is more comforting." - Alan Moore

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #72 on: December 12, 2020, 03:27:14 AM »
So just watched 'The Tower'. A Korean take I guess on 'The Towering Inferno'. Except a lot less boring and a lot more death while still keeping it a drama with a romance sub plot

This scene explains why you dont use an elevator during a fire.

Don't watch if you dont like people dying  :o >:D

Hahahahaha, where's Otis when you need him?