Quantum mechanics philosophy and interpretations

• 31 Replies
Re: Quantum mechanics philosophy and interpretations
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2020, 05:18:27 PM »
You can see why everyone had such a problem with it coming from classical physics and nice simple causality, including all the pioneers of the field.

Everyone knows Einstein’s quote “God does not play dice with the universe”, but my favorite is somewhat less poetic:

“I don't like it, and I'm sorry I ever had anything to do with it.” - Erwin Schrodinger

(Quite a good quote for a T-shirt that.  Maybe sell well in post Brexit Britain.)

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
Re: Quantum mechanics philosophy and interpretations
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2020, 03:50:42 AM »
You can see why everyone had such a problem with it coming from classical physics and nice simple causality, including all the pioneers of the field.

Everyone knows Einstein’s quote “God does not play dice with the universe”, but my favorite is somewhat less poetic:

“I don't like it, and I'm sorry I ever had anything to do with it.” - Erwin Schrodinger

(Quite a good quote for a T-shirt that.  Maybe sell well in post Brexit Britain.)
Well, Einstein kinda got over the dice thing eventually. It wasn't his greatest issue with the theory. But yeah, Schrodinger did have some pretty funny opinions on QM. However this quote was mostly about the probability interpretation. Idk if he liked the pilot wave interpretation better.
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)