I guess we're debating how water sticks to a globe again

• 898 Replies
Re: I guess we're debating how water sticks to a globe again
« Reply #780 on: July 04, 2020, 09:44:13 AM »
The crust of the Earth is packed with ether waves: remember Tesla's use of telluric currents to transmit energy.

The best work on ground energy:

https://johnbedini.net/john34/eternal_lanterns.htm

Seems like pseudoscientific site

« Reply #781 on: July 04, 2020, 02:46:46 PM »
If ether drift is East to west, how do objects know which way is down?

Probably the same way aether knows which way is West -- the cosmic compass

JackBlack

« Reply #782 on: July 04, 2020, 03:32:24 PM »
The crust of the Earth is packed with ether waves:
That in no way explains how aether interacts with matter to cause a force, nor does it explain why it should work for a FE but not a RE.

You still have no mechanism.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #783 on: July 04, 2020, 03:47:54 PM »
The crust of the Earth is packed with ether waves: remember Tesla's use of telluric currents to transmit energy.

The best work on ground energy:

https://johnbedini.net/john34/eternal_lanterns.htm

Seems like pseudoscientific site

It seems more like Sandokhan's appeal to the occult again.

« Reply #784 on: July 04, 2020, 07:53:44 PM »
I think Sandhokum is losing touch working alone like he is.

He should team up with somebody, maybe Wise and Shifter. Wise could make stuff up Sandhokum could do the math for it and Shifter could claim it all made sense.

JackBlack

« Reply #785 on: July 05, 2020, 04:49:35 AM »
I think he should team up with Scepti.

If Scepti replaces his magic air with Sandokhans magic aether, and then both accept what the air itself does, they would have finally managed to catch up with one of the early ideas of Newton.

Re: Re: rainbows
« Reply #786 on: July 24, 2020, 07:25:48 AM »
The oceans weigh 1,315,417,873,000,000,000,000 kilograms.

The Earth is much more massive at 5,974,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 kilograms.

So it can easily hold the water on it, as the oceans only weigh 0.000218 the mass of the Earth.

The attractive mechanism is gravity.

Brilliant.

Now, explain the attractive mechanism, so that your SF story can become reality.

Gravitational field.

Then, you are ready for the next step.

Please explain how gravitational waves with no quanta (particles) can attract each other or even interact with one another.

How does a gravitational wave emitted by a water molecule from the English Channel interact with a gravitational wave released by the iron/nickel core?
They dont interact. The gravity is just stronger than the water and makes it stick to the ball. The cavendish experiment proved gravity, as well as gravitational waves detection.

« Reply #787 on: July 24, 2020, 09:24:50 AM »
No, sandokhan point is *how* it does that

sandokhan

• Flat Earth Sultan
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #788 on: July 24, 2020, 10:17:04 AM »
My advice to the RE is for them to start to research the quantum rotating wormholes subject.

The most cited paper on arxiv is J. Maldacena's paper regarding ER=EPR (from Princeton's Institute of Advanced Studies).

« Reply #789 on: July 24, 2020, 11:45:37 AM »
My advice to the RE is for them to start to research the quantum rotating wormholes subject.

The most cited paper on arxiv is J. Maldacena's paper regarding ER=EPR (from Princeton's Institute of Advanced Studies).

How do you have wormholes if space is not real and we are all trapped inside some dome?

PS wormholes are speculative. They are not (yet) a proven fact.

« Reply #790 on: July 24, 2020, 12:11:55 PM »
Such good advice. I don't know specifically who you are referring to as RE, but if you're serious, then you should send RE your suggestion. But I should alert you to the fact that you may need to supply some scientific credentials if you want RE to take your advice seriously. Oh, and I wouldn't mention being a flat earth believer.

-- Just trying to help.

sandokhan

• Flat Earth Sultan
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #791 on: July 24, 2020, 01:05:41 PM »
You really need to find out how RET got started.

You won't believe the extent to which Kepler had to fake/fudge the data in order to invent an inexistent elliptical orbit.

Kepler faked/fudged/falsified the entire set of data obtained from Brahe, and used the ellipse to calculate the final entries for his tables.

Kepler FAKED THE ENTIRE SET OF DATA, and announced to the world he got it from a nonexistent elliptical orbit.

The elliptical orbit WAS NOT based on observational astronomical data.

It was simply written in by Kepler.

As such, his book is a work of FICTION.

No science involved.

The observational input is nil.

Kepler portrayed the source of the tables as other than it was, with the obvious goal of making the elliptical hypothesis look as if it had greater computational support than it actually had.

That is why Kepler's work is a total fraud.

Kepler used the elliptical hypothesis to calculate the tables.

That is not the same as computing the Mars-Sun distances from Brahe's observational data (directly from observations).

Moreover the longitudes in Kepler's tables were calculated with the aid of the area law of the ellipse AND NOT from direct observational values.

Since, according to his own words Kepler had no idea of the correct form of the orbital path, HOW COULD HE KNOW IN ADVANCE HOW TO CALCULATE THE TABLES WITH THE AID OF THE ELLIPTICAL HYPOTHESIS?

“Almost 400 years later, William H. Donohue undertook the task of translating
Kepler’s 1609 Astronomia Nova into the English New Astronomy (Donohue 1992)
when in the course of his work he redid many of Kepler’s calculations, he was
startled to find some fundamental inconsistencies with Kepler’s reporting of these
same calculations (Donohue 1988). Writing of Donohue’s pathbreaking work in
The New York Times, William Broad (1990) summarized Donahue’s findings
saying that although Kepler claimed to have confirmed the elliptical orbit by
independent observations and calculations of the position of Mars, in fact Kepler
derived the data from the theory instead of the other way around . . .

After detailed computational arguments Donahue concluded the results
reported by Kepler . . . were not at all based on Brahe’s observational data; rather
they were fabricated on the basis of Kepler’s determination that Mars’s orbit was
elliptical
."

Kepler faked his entire set of data to match the ellipse.

The fabricated data appear in calculated positions for the planet Mars, which Kepler used as a case study for all planetary motion. Kepler claimed the calculations gave his elliptical theory an independent check. But in fact they did nothing of the kind.

''He fudged things,'' Dr. Donahue said, adding that Kepler was never challenged by a contemporary. A pivotal presentation of data to support the elliptical theory was ''a fraud, a complete fabrication,'' Dr. Donahue wrote in his paper. ''It has nothing in common with the computations from which it was supposedly generated.''

''He was claiming that those positions came from the earlier theory,'' Dr. Donahue said. ''But actually all of them were generated from the ellipse.''

There is no such thing as an elliptical orbit.

DONAHUE'S CALCULATIONS ARE BASED UPON TYCHO BRAHE'S DATA.

KEPLER'S FAKE ENTRIES RELY ON THE ELLIPSE.

How in the world could Kepler know in advance which geometrical path to use?

Kepler portrayed the source of the tables as other than it was, with the obvious goal of making the elliptical hypothesis look as if it had greater computational support than it actually had.

The only thing Kepler knew in advance was the fact that the circles with epicycles WERE EQUIVALENT TO THE ELLIPSE, and all he had to do is FAKE THE ENTRIES.

He faked all of the entries.

KEPLER MODIFIED THE ENTRIES IN THE FINAL TABLE FOR CHAPTER 53: HE SIMPLY ADJUSTED THEM TO FIT THE ELLIPTICAL HYPOTHESIS WITH NO OBSERVATIONAL INPUT WHATSOEVER.

For the longitudes, Kepler claimed to have used the vicarious hypothesis: yet, the calculations show he used the area law for the ellipse.

http://adsbit.harvard.edu/cgi-bin/nph-iarticle_query?bibcode=1988JHA....19..217D&db_key=AST&page_ind=12&plate_select=NO&data_type=GIF&type=SCREEN_GIF&classic=YES

http://adsbit.harvard.edu/cgi-bin/nph-iarticle_query?bibcode=1988JHA....19..217D&db_key=AST&page_ind=16&plate_select=NO&data_type=GIF&type=SCREEN_GIF&classic=YES

The only sheer work involved was that of faking and replacing the correct entries by fudged entries.

Kepler simply replaced everything with data which suited his purpose.

There was no observational input at all.

None whatsoever.

That is why Kepler's work is a total fraud.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #792 on: July 24, 2020, 01:15:16 PM »
Gravitation is a field.

The bottle experiment is incapable of being explained by what you claim so I'm not sure why you keep bringing it up.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

« Reply #793 on: July 24, 2020, 01:28:43 PM »

You won't believe the extent to which Kepler had to fake/fudge the data in order to invent an inexistent elliptical orbit.

"RET" did not start with Kepler. It started with ancient Greece or perhaps even longer ago. May I also say that the T in RET is not necessary. Daily observations show us that the round earth is not a theory.

« Reply #794 on: July 24, 2020, 01:43:57 PM »

"RET" did not start with Kepler. It started with ancient Greece or perhaps even longer ago. May I also say that the T in RET is not necessary. Daily observations show us that the round earth is not a theory.

He probably meant heliocentric model.

But this doesn't explain Kepler's lies

And in many threads it have been posted that sandokhan isn't right since he didn't publish paper or something of sort

So, here is example of 4chan (yes) user founding something new to science, which is proven correct

https://www.quora.com/What-are-some-good-things-that-4chan-has-done-to-the-world/answer/Nicholas-Patrick-21?ch=10&share=10ad5222&srid=jZL6o

If he can, sandokhan can too

« Reply #795 on: July 24, 2020, 01:50:31 PM »

He probably meant heliocentric model.

But this doesn't explain Kepler's lies

And in many threads it have been posted that sandokhan isn't right since he didn't publish paper or something of sort

So, here is example of 4chan (yes) user founding something new to science, which is proven correct

https://www.quora.com/What-are-some-good-things-that-4chan-has-done-to-the-world/answer/Nicholas-Patrick-21?ch=10&share=10ad5222&srid=jZL6o

The thing with providing new stuff to science is that other people can reproduce the experiments, as was done with the mathematical issue that they talk about in the link you share. So far, everything that Sandokhan does is trying to counter scientifically proven points. And so far, all of the points -that Sandokhan is trying to make- were debunked. No matter how often they are repeated, they will not magically become the truth.

JackBlack

« Reply #796 on: July 24, 2020, 02:59:29 PM »
And my advice to you is to either provide a mechanism or stop pretending you have one or that your completely unsubstantiated nonsense is any better than the accepted model of gravity, and still works just as well for a RE as a FE and thus is in no way a disproof of the fact that Earth is round.

You won't believe the extent to which Kepler
It started long before Kepler.
It is quite simple how it got started:
People made observations which were inconsistent with a FE.
They found that a RE model actually explained these observations while a FE model does not.

It was based upon actual evidence.

Meanwhile, FE is based upon appeals to incredulity and misunderstanding and wilful rejection of evidence.

« Reply #797 on: July 24, 2020, 06:01:41 PM »

Well if Sandhokum were going to actually come up with some new scientific truth, he would need to not start with something that is based on a false premise (like the earth being flat), as he as done in this thread.

sandokhan

• Flat Earth Sultan
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #798 on: July 24, 2020, 09:04:33 PM »
They found that a RE model actually explained these observations while a FE model does not.

Let's take a look at some of that actual evidence.

“But a close study of Kepler’s New Astronomy . . . shows that the plotted points
[he used] do not fall exactly on the ellipse (of course, measurements rarely fall
exactly on a theoretical curve because they usually have random error sources
incorporated into them.) Curtis Wilson (1968), however, carries error argument
further. The lack of precision inherent in the method . . . would have forced Kepler
to use the plotted points only as a guide to his theorizing . . .
“After detailed computational arguments Donahue concluded the results
reported by Kepler . . . were not at all based on Brahe’s observational data; rather
they were fabricated on the basis of Kepler’s determination that Mars’s orbit was
elliptical. Donahue reasons that Kepler must have gone back to revise his earlier
calculations that were made prior to his understanding that the orbit of Mars was
actually elliptical. Thus, anyone who cared to check Kepler’s tables would find
numbers that are consistent with the elliptical orbit [he] postulated for Mars and
would be inclined to believe that the numbers represented observational data. In
fact, they were computed from the hypothesis of an elliptical orbit and then
modified for measurement error; such data, if they were truly observations, would
be prime facie evidence of the theories’ correctness.

“So Donahue . . . realized that the theory was not obviously derivable from the
observations, . . . ‘Not only would the numbers be confused, but Kepler saw clearly
that no satisfactory theory could come from such a procedure. . . [Instead], he chose
a short cut.’ He became so convinced of what drove these physical processes that he subjectively projected his personal nonobservational-based belief onto the reporting scene to convince others in the scientific community of the validity of his theories.”

Thus, the very first law of planetary motion was built not on observation.

The discovery was made by Dr. Donahue, a science historian, while translating Kepler's master work, ''Astronomia Nova,'' or ''The New Astronomy,'' into English. Dr. Donahue, who lives in Sante Fe, N.M., described his discovery in a recent issue of The Journal of the History of Astronomy.

The fabricated data appear in calculated positions for the planet Mars, which Kepler used as a case study for all planetary motion. Kepler claimed the calculations gave his elliptical theory an independent check. But in fact they did nothing of the kind.

''He fudged things,'' Dr. Donahue said, adding that Kepler was never challenged by a contemporary. A pivotal presentation of data to support the elliptical theory was ''a fraud, a complete fabrication,'' Dr. Donahue wrote in his paper. ''It has nothing in common with the computations from which it was supposedly generated.''

But when Dr. Donahue started working through the method to make sure he understood the basis for Kepler's chart, he found his numbers disagreeing with those of the great astronomer. After repeatedly getting the wrong answers for the numbers displayed on Kepler's chart, Dr. Donahue started trying other methods. Finally, he realized that the numbers in the chart had been generated not by independent calculations based on triangulated planetary positions, but by calculations using the area law itself.

''He was claiming that those positions came from the earlier theory,'' Dr. Donahue said. ''But actually all of them were generated from the ellipse.''

Thus, the notion that a planet orbits the Sun in an elliptical orbit was a simple fabrication, based on fudged data.

JackBlack

« Reply #799 on: July 25, 2020, 02:27:02 AM »

Let's take a look at some of that actual evidence.
“But a close study of Kepler’s
[/qutoe]
Again, it was long before Kepler.

So how about you actually take a look at the evidence, like how objects disappear from the bottom up, and how the visible stars change as you move around the planet.

Or better yet, how about you either provide a mechanism for your magic, or admit you have none?

NotSoSkeptical

• Flat like a droplet of water.
« Reply #800 on: July 25, 2020, 05:57:20 AM »

Theoretical. 
Rabinoz RIP

That would put you in the same category as pedophile perverts like John Davis, NSS, robots like Stash, Shifter, and victimized kids like Alexey.

sandokhan

• Flat Earth Sultan
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #801 on: July 26, 2020, 05:31:39 AM »

Theoretical.

Not anymore:

https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=30499.msg2272439#msg2272439

NotSoSkeptical

• Flat like a droplet of water.
« Reply #802 on: July 26, 2020, 06:23:06 AM »

Theoretical.

Not anymore:

https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=30499.msg2272439#msg2272439

Providing a link back to this site, doesn't make it real.

It's still theoretical.
Rabinoz RIP

That would put you in the same category as pedophile perverts like John Davis, NSS, robots like Stash, Shifter, and victimized kids like Alexey.

« Reply #803 on: July 26, 2020, 06:24:21 AM »

Theoretical.

Not anymore:

That livescience link does not mention anything about wormholes. It is not even suggesting that. Wormholes remain theoretical. If you discover them make sure to make it public since it will make you famous.

To add: yes, the MIT article does mention wormholes. But they mention it as a suggestion.

The problem for a dome covered world is that we cannot know if wormholes exist in space, since space would be fake. Surely, you seem to forget this a lot.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2020, 06:27:02 AM by SomeDutchGuy »

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #804 on: July 26, 2020, 11:31:08 AM »

Why do Flat Earthers keep going back 500 years to argue against long dead people when you can ask an astronaut RIGHT NOW to just go look out the window of the ISS and take a picture for you.

They act like a thousands years ago someone decided, hey lets make up a LIE about a BALL EARTH and start a conspiracy to promote it.  Like all of science is based on this one thing, and if you can prove someone 500 years ago may have been wrong or whatever, the whole house of cards falls apart.

Except... we can hecking LOOK at the 'ball Earth' directly and see it. There is no huge massive shaky foundation about 'Round Earth Theory' that can be disproved, it's as proven as anything can be.

I mean... what next, disproving the "Water is Wet Theory" that started 782 years ago when Argumen Jacokbmennnen made a deal with the Devil and the price was to promote the idea that water makes you wet to hide the fact it actually makes you grow thorns?  I mean, it's about as easy to disprove as Flat Earth and makes about enough sense.  I'm sure one of the local trolls can jump in and debate it at least.  :P

It's like... they can't think in any other way than in conspiracies. It's so weird.

JackBlack

« Reply #805 on: July 26, 2020, 02:34:42 PM »
Theoretical.
Not anymore:
Your incoherent ramblings doesn't magically make it real.
Now again, why don't you provide a mechanism or admit you have none?

Explain the interaction between aether and matter which causes matter to move, clearly explaining the origin of the force and its directionality.

sandokhan

• Flat Earth Sultan
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #806 on: July 26, 2020, 09:10:23 PM »
You moron: my link includes ONLY quotes from the research papers. Please take your medication before posting.

Recently, a group at the University of Glasgow used a sophisticated system of lasers and crystals to capture the first-ever photo of quantum entanglement violating one of what's now known as "Bell's inequalities."

This is "the pivotal test of quantum entanglement," said senior author Miles Padgett, who holds the Kelvin Chair of Natural Philosophy and is a professor of physics and astronomy at the University of Glasgow in Scotland. Though people have been using quantum entanglement and Bell's inequalities in applications such as quantum computing and cryptography, "this is the first time anyone has used a camera to confirm [it]."

https://advances.sciencemag.org/content/5/7/eaaw2563

Quantum entanglement is not possible without wormholes:

http://news.mit.edu/2013/you-cant-get-entangled-without-a-wormhole-1205

https://arxiv.org/pdf/1307.6850.pdf

https://arxiv.org/pdf/1307.6850v2.pdf

Holographic Schwinger effect and the geometry of entanglement

Julian Sonner, a senior postdoc in MIT’s Laboratory for Nuclear Science and Center for Theoretical Physics, has published his results in the journal Physical Review Letters, where it appears together with a related paper by Kristan Jensen of the University of Victoria and Andreas Karch of the University of Washington.

Quantum entanglement and wormholes are absolutely real.

The only stable, rotating wormhole, absorbs aether.

Unless you, the RE, can find a stable/rotating wormhole which does not use aether/exotic matter, I win.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 02:31:24 AM by sandokhan »

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #807 on: July 26, 2020, 09:36:49 PM »
Recently, a group at the University of Glasgow used a sophisticated system of lasers and crystals to capture the first-ever photo of quantum entanglement violating one of what's now known as "Bell's inequalities."

This is "the pivotal test of quantum entanglement," said senior author Miles Padgett, who holds the Kelvin Chair of Natural Philosophy and is a professor of physics and astronomy at the University of Glasgow in Scotland. Though people have been using quantum entanglement and Bell's inequalities in applications such as quantum computing and cryptography, "this is the first time anyone has used a camera to confirm [it]."

https://advances.sciencemag.org/content/5/7/eaaw2563

Interesting stuff. Doesn't mean anything here, irrelevant.

Quantum entanglement is not possible without wormholes:

http://news.mit.edu/2013/you-cant-get-entangled-without-a-wormhole-1205

From the opening image in the article:
"A diagram of a wormhole, a hypothetical "shortcut" through the universe, where its two ends are each in separate points in spacetime."

See bold: hypothetical

https://arxiv.org/pdf/1307.6850.pdf

https://arxiv.org/pdf/1307.6850v2.pdf

No mention of aether/ether in these articles either.

Holographic Schwinger effect and the geometry of entanglement

Julian Sonner, a senior postdoc in MIT’s Laboratory for Nuclear Science and Center for Theoretical Physics, has published his results in the journal Physical Review Letters, where it appears together with a related paper by Kristan Jensen of the University of Victoria and Andreas Karch of the University of Washington.

See above: hypothetical

Quantum entanglement and wormholes are absolutely real.

The only stable, rotating wormhole, absorbs aether.

Unless you, the RE, can find a stable/rotating wormhole which does not use aether/exotic matter, I win.

wormhole = hypothetical. aether/exotic matter = non-existent.

sandokhan

• Flat Earth Sultan
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #808 on: July 26, 2020, 10:10:40 PM »
"A diagram of a wormhole, a hypothetical "shortcut" through the universe, where its two ends are each in separate points in spacetime."

This is not your best day.

Are you sure you are ok?

THAT IS THE QUOTE FROM WIKIPEDIA!!!

https://physicsforme.com/tag/wormholes/

"A diagram of a wormhole, a hypothetical “shortcut” through the universe, where its two ends are each in separate points in spacetime. Credit: Wikipedia"

You must be really dumb and desperate to come up with this kind of drivel.

The only stable, rotating wormhole absorbs aether.

If you know of any other model, please bring it forth.

Unless you are able to do so, I win.

I have now the photograph of quantum entanglement, a phenomenon which cannot exist without wormholes.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #809 on: July 26, 2020, 11:02:14 PM »

This is not your best day.

Are you sure you are ok?

THAT IS THE QUOTE FROM WIKIPEDIA!!!

https://physicsforme.com/tag/wormholes/

"A diagram of a wormhole, a hypothetical “shortcut” through the universe, where its two ends are each in separate points in spacetime. Credit: Wikipedia"

You must be really dumb and desperate to come up with this kind of drivel.

You’re the jackass. The wiki caption for the image is: “Embedding diagram” of a Schwarzschild wormhole.” The caption I cited is from the article itself, not from wiki. And do you really think the MIT author would leave in an incorrect caption from another source at the top of their article? Like I said, jackass.

If you know of any other model, please bring it forth.

Unless you are able to do so, I win.

I have now the photograph of quantum entanglement, a phenomenon which cannot exist without wormholes.

No one mentions aether. And wormholes are cool, but hypothetical. And no true scholar on the matter has said otherwise.