Corona Crisis

• 23 Replies

Denspressure

• What do you, value?
Corona Crisis
« on: April 29, 2020, 10:58:14 AM »
I am wondering,

How are all the people on this forum doing in these trying times.

Have you gone crazy due to the quarantine, caused by a lack of social contact, emotional fulfilment and freedom. Or are you able to run this one out, and are doing fairly well, keeping yourself occupied with hobbies, art and naturally this web forum.

):

Re: Corona Crisis
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2020, 12:00:44 PM »
I am wondering,

Have you gone crazy due to the quarantine, caused by a lack of social contact, emotional fulfilment and freedom. Or are you able to run this one out, and are doing fairly well, keeping yourself occupied with hobbies, art and naturally this web forum.
I am working on the front lines at Costco,  in sanitation, wapping down shopping carts, and coolers , freezers doors handles; 25 hours a week.
The the universe has no obligation to makes sense to you.
The earth is a globe.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2020, 12:24:30 PM »
My life is hardly different at all, but I don't live in a city. There are outbreaks all around Florida, but not many cases where I live. I'm careful when I go to the store, I don't touch things unless I'm going to buy it, and I wash my hands as soon as I get home.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2020, 12:58:36 PM »
Apart from worrying about my dad (though today he's been breathing on his own most of the day so that's good), and having to make the glorious leader do her schoolwork at home, life isn't too bad. Have got a lot of spring cleaning done. Made a junk playground in the garden out of scrap wood and abandoned tyres. Cleared out and scrubbed up the summer house so now I have a nice place to sit in the garden. In many ways this has been a positive time.
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2020, 01:08:14 PM »
There are positives for me as well.  I get to work from home most of the time.  I'm classified as "essential".  I do miss malls and restaurants though.  There's a kind of dread about the world though.  It's really ramping up my insomnia. 

This situation must be horrible for people that don't have the option to work from home.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Denspressure

• What do you, value?
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2020, 01:16:39 PM »
There are positives for me as well.  I get to work from home most of the time.  I'm classified as "essential".  I do miss malls and restaurants though.  There's a kind of dread about the world though.  It's really ramping up my insomnia. 

This situation must be horrible for people that don't have the option to work from home.
We'll get each other through these anti-social times.

Don't worry Crouton if you ever want to talk.

Why do you have trouble sleeping... too many unwanted thoughts zipping through your headmatter?
):

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2020, 01:25:00 PM »
I've always had chronic insomnia.  External factors can make it worse though.  Those factors currently are worrying about what sort of darkness is going to emerge from this pandemic and also a lot less exercise.  Not sure which is affecting me more.

My workplace is massive.  It's bigger than most college campuses.  In an average day I walked 13,000 steps.  I still get in 30 minutes a day running on a treadmill but apparently all that other light cardio is important too. 

This reminds me of what astronauts have to go through.  You get to go to the space station but oh wait, you can't just hang out, you have to spend 2.5 hours on a weird treadmill or else your body will turn to mush.

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2020, 04:59:29 PM »
I've been pretty fortunate, in that the company I work for is deemed an essential business and I am able to work from home. My wife was teaching at a preschool, which is closed right now, but that worked out for the better because she is able to handle most of the schooling with our daughter. We're watching a lot more movies than usual. And my beer seems to be disappearing faster for some reason. Probably poltergeists, who's to say really.

The staying at home thing is getting a little old though. The novelty has certainly worn off. Zoom sessions are a poor replacement for real human interactions. And I am concerned about the possibility that come fall and winter, we could be back in the same boat doing this all over again. I hope that isn't the case.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Only Yang Scholar in The Ying Universe
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2020, 05:15:18 PM »
I have read the topic as "Corona Christ". There are many here claim its being Son of God. Damn, it has start to disturb my mood.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2020, 05:26:01 PM »
I too am experiencing a mysterious situation where alcohol is disappearing faster than expected.  Poltergeists are a possibility.  A stronger possibility is voodoo.  I believe that unemployed hillbillies have fabricated some kind of alcoholic voodoo doll where they can drink an empty glass which will somehow deplete my beer reserves.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2020, 07:20:53 PM »
I am wondering,

I almost feel guilty living in Australia. Apart from the "social distancing" and severe financial blows many have suffered we've been doing so well.
Our current status is: Confirmed: 6,746 (+8), Deaths: 90 (+2): Recovered: 5,685 (+36) and our deaths/million is still just 3.
But balancing those deaths there have been fewer road deaths and far fewer flu cases - so I doubt that our deaths from all causes has gone up much.

The main reasons for this are probably just the country's isolation, far less densely packed urban areas and our climate.
And many other countries have had similar results.

But I feel for those in the worst-hit European countries and for the US, especially New York - it must be frightening.

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2020, 07:51:26 PM »
Almost fifty (50) days of quarantine and isolation. My sleeping habits have changed quite a bit. Now I sleep either twelve hours and stay awake for the next two days or have to take several two hour naps. I have given up on shaving. The only constant is attending my classes. I am physically healthy, but I'm really tired and I can only wish the day I can have a walk and meet my girlfriend and friends comes already. Only a few days more.

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2020, 10:37:27 PM »
Life hasn't changed much for me. My job is an essential service.

But, the isolation is just shit.

Mental health issues in Australia are increasing and will be through the roof by the time it's all over.

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2020, 12:55:10 AM »
I am lucky enough to be able to work from home most of the time.
Supporting 30 other people that are working remotely is proving to be a bit of a PITA, but it keeps me busy.

My other half and her daughter, both work in a local care home, where they have already had a number of deaths.
Testing was carried out on all of the 58 residents this week and eleven came back positive.
It really is quite scary, as the home was placed in lockdown two weeks before everybody else here in the UK and infections are still happening.
It is obviously being passed on by staff members, but they have, until now, been unable to get tested themselves, unless they were admitted to hospital.

I will continue to sit here at my kitchen table, watching my own beer stocks dwindling with alarming speed.
At least I am saving a fortune in fuel costs. I can't remember the last time I filled my car up.  :)

Strange times indeed!

We do have an allotment plot, which we spend time on over the weekend, which is nice, as it almost feels normal for a few hours.
“Once, every village had an idiot. It took the internet to bring them all together.”

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2020, 01:47:22 AM »
My beach and pier are closed.
There are three people home who should be at work.

:(

My great nephew is off school.
I have plenty of beer.

:)

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
  • Will I still be perfect tomorrow?
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2020, 01:51:16 AM »
Working mainly from home and up until the weekend we had glorious spring weather so the garden was a haven, now it seems to have reverted to the UK type so feeling a bit hemmed in.
But as we furloughed our machinists I get to go in and play with them for development, designed a simple 2 part visor that is cheap, but the procurement procedure for PPI is so retarded here it's unlikely to get the okay this side of WWIII.
Alcohol gremlins have infested my house too! Beer, Whiskey and Gin have all been evaporating, straight out of lockdown into rehab probability high.
Life is meaningless and everything dies.

Suicide is dangerous- other philosophies are available-#Life is great.

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2020, 02:00:07 AM »
Slight increase in the speed in which my alcohol is whisked away by the kitchen elf but not too bad, trying to be mindful of it. But its May Day tomorrow so that means drinking tonight and tomorrow, hopefully in the garden if its not too cold. I made sima (a kind of mild mead) and it is ready now and very tasty.
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2020, 02:06:09 AM »
God damnit, another night where I'm going to be up to 10am.  I did everything right too.  I think I might have to look into getting a prescription for medicinal paint thinner for huffing.

Well at least I have time to watch the Lord of the Rings.

Denspressure

• What do you, value?
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2020, 06:58:39 AM »
I'm glad most people here seem to be doing fine.

I can't complain.

:)
):

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2020, 08:03:41 PM »
Here in Canberra, Australia, life has pretty much gone on. Kid is staying at home to learn but I work nights so not a problem in having him looked after there.

I go shopping when I want, go out for walks when I want, etc. The restrictions on my city have not been overbearing and we ate pretty much clear of the virus now

Unless some Muppet from interstate ruins all our hard work. That's possible but the other states have also slammed down the virus.

I'd say if it wasn't for our governments cock up of allowing a cruise ship full of sick conora virus people to disembark and disappear here we'd be home free by now.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 05:18:59 AM by Shifter »

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2020, 05:16:00 AM »
I feel sorry for those countries who got affected really hard by this virus. I hope the medicine from it will be found as soon as possible. Thank God that I am staying in my vacation Thailand house  and here we don't have so many cases plus you can walk freely and swim in the ocean.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2021, 11:32:53 AM by Space Cowgirl »
limited edition

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2020, 05:33:32 AM »
I'd say if it wasn't for our governments cock up of allowing a cruise ship full of sick conora virus people to disembark and disappear here we'd be home free by now.
Don't you mean "it wasn't for the Ruby Princesses medical staff lying about the status of the passenger"?
There is an enquiry running now.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2020, 06:03:08 AM »
Don't you mean "it wasn't for the Ruby Princesses medical staff lying about the status of the passenger"?
There is an enquiry running now.

The Ruby princess ship came basically 6 weeks after the diamond princess. Apparantly a mayday was called 1 day before it docked because 2 people were experiencing covid-19 like symptoms. It should have been treated like an overseas arrival and having everyone on board to go to quarantine (they stuck all those from the Diamond princess on Christmas Island). Lots of overseas people from god knows where on a ship with people who were known to be sick of something in this covid-19 age. Instead they let nearly 3000 people whose health status was unknown to disembark and disappear into the community. No quarantine. No isolation.

There's no one entity to blame 100% but the government did have the capacity to refuse them to disembark. Given what happened to the Diamond Princess, they should have barred all cruise ships from disembarking onto the mainland. Did it not seem odd to allow a cruise ship to dock and disembark 6 weeks after the Diamond Princess fiasco? When they were informed people were sick? About 1 million people in this country have lost their job. The NSW Health ministers who could have stepped in and prevented this are apparently keeping theirs

I hope the days of cruise ships are essentially finished. They are just floating petri dishes. I dont care if all they had were gastro. Keep that bug out of our community too.

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2021, 01:57:11 PM »
After a while, we can say that it turned out to be not so difficult, although in some countries a lockdown is still taking place, for example, in France it is the third in a row, regarding my native country (Turkey), so far restaurants and cinemas still are not open, so i bored im my home in Turkey :'(
« Last Edit: April 04, 2021, 11:00:07 PM by humusays »