Is it time to rebel against the shelter in place orders?

• 106 Replies

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
  • Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crime
Re: Is it time to rebel against the shelter in place orders?
« Reply #90 on: May 03, 2020, 01:39:02 AM »
And yet the vast majority of deniers are angry globularists.

Just imagine if they were flatearthers too - they would be even wronger!

Anyway, I'd bet a lot of money that flat-earther-prevalence is WAY higher among the groups mentioned compared to the general population.
Quote from: croutons, the s.o.w.
You have received a warning for breaking the laws of mathematics.

Member of the BOTD

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #91 on: May 03, 2020, 02:22:33 AM »

Anyway, I'd bet a lot of money that flat-earther-prevalence is WAY higher among the groups mentioned compared to the general population.

It's a good bet a quarter of them do at least believe the Sun revolves around the Earth though

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2014/02/14/277058739/1-in-4-americans-think-the-sun-goes-around-the-earth-survey-says

Even if 100% of those surveyed weren't trolling and believed that not only the Sun revolved around the Earth but the Earth was flat it still leaves most Americans as angry globetards

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
« Reply #92 on: May 03, 2020, 02:28:33 AM »

It's a good bet a quarter of them do at least believe the Sun revolves around the Earth though

you gotta be kidding me - the 'muricans can't be that dumb!
« Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 02:56:42 AM by Definitely Not Swedish »

Member of the BOTD

« Reply #93 on: May 03, 2020, 04:05:34 AM »
Because the vast majority of people are not flatularists. 
Yes, that's the joke, rab.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #94 on: May 03, 2020, 04:59:50 AM »
That is all this shit is, scare tactics. Look up Event 201 on YouTube. John's Hopkins, Bill Gates and the elite were sitting around talking about this just before it happened. Coincidence??? I think not.
Who cares what you think? Bill Gates had warned of a pandemic back in 2015 and few took much notice.
But Barak Obama did take notice!
Obama Prepared for a Potential Pandemic. Trump Gutted His Work.
Trump has insisted that no one could have seen the coronavirus coming. His predecessor did.
In December 2014, then-President Barack Obama warned that the United States needed to prepare for an upcoming pandemic.

In a speech to members of the National Institutes of Health—which came only a short time after the Ebola outbreak had threatened to spread worldwide—Obama emphasized the importance of building a public health infrastructure to combat the next pandemic.

“There may and likely will come a time in which we have both an airborne disease that is deadly,” Obama said. “And in order for us to deal with that effectively, we have to put in place an infrastructure—not just here at home, but globally—that allows us to see it quickly, isolate it quickly, respond to it quickly, so that if and when a new strain of flu like the Spanish flu crops up five years from now or a decade from now, we’ve made the investment and we’re further along to be able to catch it.”

Obama warned Americans about preparing for a global pandemic back in 2014 pic.twitter.com/eg7prLamm6

— NowThis (@nowthisnews) April 9, 2020
Obama’s words now seem depressingly prescient as the novel coronavirus has spread rapidly across the United States, infecting more than 583,000 Americans and killing roughly 23,650 people. As the outbreak has ravaged the country, President Trump has refused to take responsibility for the way his administration has failed to adequately respond to the crisis and instead has blamed others for the severity of the pandemic.

Unsurprisingly, one of his favorite targets has been former President Obama.

For weeks, Trump has repeatedly blamed Obama for his own slow response, arguing the former president who left office more than three years ago is to blame for the nation’s testing failures and “severe” and “widespread” shortages of personal protective equipment (PPE) for doctors and nurses.

He has also insisted that no one could have seen the coronavirus coming. “Nobody knew there would be a pandemic or epidemic of this proportion. Nobody has ever seen anything like this before,” Trump said on March 19.

<< read it at the link >>

And Trump disbanded what Obama had done then blamed Obama for USA's not being prepared - what a lying lame-Donald Duck you have!

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #95 on: May 03, 2020, 05:16:13 AM »
And Trump disbanded what Obama had done then blamed Obama for USA's not being prepared - what a lying lame-Donald Duck you have!

In Trumps defense, he does wear pants at least.

He could probably get away without pants though. He's so overweight his gut probably hangs over his pin dick

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
« Reply #96 on: May 03, 2020, 11:57:06 AM »
Thank you, thank you,  now please,  let's have a moment of silence for our Swedish friends.   May they live to realise their tragic mistake,
As long as hospitals are not overloaded, no mistake has been made. The reason for the lockdowns anywhere were not primarily to avoid that a few (elder) people die, but that the healthcare system would collapse.
Dude you're in denial for some weird reason.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 12:04:59 PM by Pezevenk »
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
« Reply #97 on: May 03, 2020, 11:59:49 AM »
This is an answer to all....

Are the hospitals in Texas overloaded? From what I know they aren't.

Basically having the economy open with safety measures is the same thing Sweden has done. They seem to be fairing better than the states?
Sweden is fairing worse than the States lol.
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #98 on: May 08, 2020, 05:19:41 AM »
Why do Republicans have to be so self-destructive and why can't they go somewhere else and do it where they can't hurt others?

Rising up against the tyranny of wearing masks. Some lunatic shot and killed some poor store worker because they wouldn't let them in without a mask. This is what we have come to? Masks are so bad it's worth committing murder over?

Conservatives are literally protesting and screaming in the streets because they are being told to wear a mask. The President still refuses to wear one.

Yes, how horrible you do something that might slightly inconvenience you because OTHER people might die.

So is it time to rebel against being a decent human being? No.

Cut that rebel flag up and put it on your face for Gods sake.

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
« Reply #99 on: May 08, 2020, 01:47:11 PM »

Basically having the economy open with safety measures is the same thing Sweden has done. They seem to be fairing better than the states?
USA are having 50% more infections per day comapred to sweden. How's that supposed to be 'doing better'?

Member of the BOTD

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #100 on: May 08, 2020, 02:34:19 PM »

USA are having 50% more infections per day comapred to sweden. How's that supposed to be 'doing better'?

Well they do have a population of over 300 million

Still, an unacceptable figure by any standard. Their childish outbursts and protests certainly don't help. As well as their dumbarse vain president who refuses to wear a mask or other protective measures

Just douchebags all round

Know your place

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #101 on: May 08, 2020, 02:40:05 PM »
Highest deaths per capita:

Belgium
Spain
Italy
UK
France
Sweden
Netherlands
Ireland
US

Maybe we'll overtake the other countries.  Hard to say.

It goes unsaid a lot since we're news is understandably US-centric but going by the fatality rate we really are doing better than most European countries, including Sweden.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
« Reply #102 on: May 08, 2020, 02:42:34 PM »

Well they do have a population of over 300 million
Oh I've already adjusted for that :)

Member of the BOTD

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #103 on: May 08, 2020, 02:52:28 PM »

Belgium
Spain
Italy
UK
France
Sweden
Netherlands
Ireland
US

It goes unsaid a lot since we're news is understandably US-centric but going by the fatality rate we really are doing better than most European countries, including Sweden.

We hear lots about Spain but zilch about Belgium lol. I guess either no one cares or as Belgium is some unofficial capital of the EU, they want to keep their failure quiet

Know your place

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #104 on: May 08, 2020, 03:27:53 PM »
I don't know a lot about Belgium so I'll extrapolate from what I know of the US.  I'm guessing there's an orange blowhard in charge of their country that recommended eating belgium waffles as a vaccine for coronavirus.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #105 on: May 08, 2020, 05:47:06 PM »

Belgium
Spain
Italy
UK
France
Sweden
Netherlands
Ireland
US

We hear lots about Spain but zilch about Belgium lol. I guess either no one cares or as Belgium is some unofficial capital of the EU, they want to keep their failure quiet
Belgium's the worst except for little San Marino but seems to get ignored.
It might be that Belgium's population is smaller and people just look at the overall numbers and forget the per capita figures.

But Belgium's toll (4,488 cases/million and 735 deaths/million) is frightening especially compared to Germany (2,036 cases/million and 90 deaths/million) next door.
The Netherlands are sitting in middle.

Though there're all "flattening the curve".

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #106 on: May 08, 2020, 11:47:41 PM »
Here is another way of stating the dilemma of re-opening the economy.

The trolley is barreling down the track towards five grandmothers. You can pull the switch and redirect it so that it kills no one. But you have to wear a mask to buy a toaster oven. What do you do?

Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.