Large Explosions and Earth's curvature (Nukes, Tunguska Event and Snadokhan)

• 858 Replies

https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=30499.msg2032696#msg2032696 (L. Euler explains pressure gravity)

https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=30499.msg2033009#msg2033009 (hydrodynamic gravity equation, nine consecutive messages)

https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=30499.msg2184253#msg2184253 (ether pressure gravity)

I have explained it in my own words. Could I ask for the courtesy that you do the same? Such that I do not have to read walls and walls of text with equations. I would just like to read your own conclusions, in the topic we are currently in. Calculations are not necessary for that explanation, just explain how it works.

This is YOUR evidence for it being light on June 30th:

No. My evidence comes from the recorded atmospheric anomalies witnessed all over Europe starting with June 30, 1908, 0:00 am.

And yet the only accounts you have provided which specify a time took place the following night and the night after.

These were the best examples you could find, judging by the number times you re-posted the exact same thing.

sandokhan

• Flat Earth Sultan
  • Flat Earth Scientist
I have explained it in my own words.

You haven't explained anything at all.

Provide an explanation for the attractive mechanism.

Unless you can do so, your RE scenario is pure SF.

And then the surface between London and Tunguska is flat.

And yet the only accounts you have provided which specify a time took place the following night and the night after.

This would have been more than enough in a rational debate.

All of the references specify that at 0:00 am, on June 30, 1908, the brightness increased dramatically in intensity.

This would have been more than enough in a rational debate.

All of the references specify that at 0:00 am, on June 30, 1908, the brightness increased dramatically in intensity.

LOL.  All the references except the only two you have cited?

No.  That’s not nearly enough, for obvious reasons.

I have explained it in my own words.

You haven't explained anything at all.

Provide an explanation for the attractive mechanism.

Unless you can do so, your RE scenario is pure SF.

And then the surface between London and Tunguska is flat.

I have. I explained that mass attracts mass. The only reply you gave to that was that it could also be pressure. Which I also replied to.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
Gravity is not a pressure. We know this. Pressure is a force over an area. Objects in free fall feel no force. If it was a force over an area objects of difference area would accelerate differently. This is not seen.

And that was how easy it was to disprove gravity as a pressure.

It's also really easy to explain cat toys in the RE.

sandokahn's FE, not so much.

Although he can't explain most of his "theory".
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

sandokhan

• Flat Earth Sultan
  • Flat Earth Scientist
I explained that mass attracts mass.

You have to explain the attractive mechanism.

Otherwise, all you have is a SF story.

Gravity is not a pressure.

Then, by all means, explain the attractive mechanism.

If you cannot, I win: the surface between London and Tunguska is flat.

All the references except the only two you have cited?

Here is the graph which assembles all of the data ever collected:

PEAK: 0:00 am, June 30, 1908

Anything other than that is intense brightness which was present on the evening of June 30, 1908.

Mrs. Stephen clearly refers to 0:00 am, June 30, 1908 - 7:00 am in Siberia.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
I think you missed the part where pressure is a force.

Object A 10cm x 10cm x 10 cm cube with mass 2 kg.

Object B a 10 cm diameter sphere with a mass of 2 kg.

At what rate do the objects fall? Show your work for full credit.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

sandokhan

• Flat Earth Sultan
  • Flat Earth Scientist
You are dodging the fact that you cannot explain how attractive gravity works.

That means I win.

Is not attractive gravity a force? Are you saying it is not? Please explain the attractive mechanism. Use gravitational waves if you like.

Let me turn the problem on you.

We have a capacitor with a fixed dielectric (barium titanate) and fixed distance between its plates (0.01 cm). We apply 20,000,000 volts.

Will the capacitor levitate into the air?

sokarul

• Extra Racist

That means I win.
As expected, when you are asked to use your model to explain real world problems you fail. You clearly do not understand what you preach.

How are kids in school supposed to use your theory if you can't?

Is not attractive gravity a force? Are you saying it is not? Please explain the attractive mechanism. Use gravitational waves if you like.
If you had ever taken a college physics class you would know current theory of gravitation is that it's not a force. You clearly have no knowledge of general relativity. Maybe that's why you think it's wrong. Perhaps if you learned the theory you might agree with it.

We have a capacitor with a fixed dielectric (barium titanate) and fixed distance between its plates (0.01 cm). We apply 20,000,000 volts.

If the capacitor moves it's not from levitation. The capacitor will actually gain a tiny bit of mass when it is charged up.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

Since not explaining stuff in one's own words is accepted, let me just copy and paste. When I explain stuff in my own words I don't get the courtesy returned. Here's more on how gravity works:

Newton knew that the force that caused the apple's acceleration (gravity) must be dependent upon the mass of the apple. And since the force acting to cause the apple's downward acceleration also causes the earth's upward acceleration (Newton's third law), that force must also depend upon the mass of the earth. So for Newton, the force of gravity acting between the earth and any other object is directly proportional to the mass of the earth, directly proportional to the mass of the object, and inversely proportional to the square of the distance that separates the centers of the earth and the object.

The UNIVERSAL Gravitation Equation
But Newton's law of universal gravitation extends gravity beyond earth. Newton's law of universal gravitation is about the universality of gravity. Newton's place in the Gravity Hall of Fame is not due to his discovery of gravity, but rather due to his discovery that gravitation is universal. ALL objects attract each other with a force of gravitational attraction. Gravity is universal. This force of gravitational attraction is directly dependent upon the masses of both objects and inversely proportional to the square of the distance that separates their centers. Newton's conclusion about the magnitude of gravitational forces is summarized symbolically as

Since the gravitational force is directly proportional to the mass of both interacting objects, more massive objects will attract each other with a greater gravitational force. So as the mass of either object increases, the force of gravitational attraction between them also increases. If the mass of one of the objects is doubled, then the force of gravity between them is doubled. If the mass of one of the objects is tripled, then the force of gravity between them is tripled. If the mass of both of the objects is doubled, then the force of gravity between them is quadrupled; and so on.

Since gravitational force is inversely proportional to the square of the separation distance between the two interacting objects, more separation distance will result in weaker gravitational forces. So as two objects are separated from each other, the force of gravitational attraction between them also decreases. If the separation distance between two objects is doubled (increased by a factor of 2), then the force of gravitational attraction is decreased by a factor of 4 (2 raised to the second power). If the separation distance between any two objects is tripled (increased by a factor of 3), then the force of gravitational attraction is decreased by a factor of 9 (3 raised to the second power).

Thinking Proportionally About Newton's Equation
The proportionalities expressed by Newton's universal law of gravitation are represented graphically by the following illustration. Observe how the force of gravity is directly proportional to the product of the two masses and inversely proportional to the square of the distance of separation.

Another means of representing the proportionalities is to express the relationships in the form of an equation using a constant of proportionality. This equation is shown below.

The constant of proportionality (G) in the above equation is known as the universal gravitation constant. The precise value of G was determined experimentally by Henry Cavendish in the century after Newton's death. (This experiment will be discussed later in Lesson 3.) The value of G is found to be

G = 6.673 x 10-11 N m2/kg2
The units on G may seem rather odd; nonetheless they are sensible. When the units on G are substituted into the equation above and multiplied by m1• m2 units and divided by d2 units, the result will be Newtons - the unit of force.

Source: https://www.physicsclassroom.com/class/circles/Lesson-3/Newton-s-Law-of-Universal-Gravitation

sandokhan

• Flat Earth Sultan
  • Flat Earth Scientist
If the capacitor moves it's not from levitation. The capacitor will actually gain a tiny bit of mass when it is charged up.

Let's put your word to the test.

e = 10,000

d = 0.01 cm

V = 20,000,000 volts = 66713 statvolts

gz = 1721.2 m/s2

gz = 172gearth

Now you understand why I asked you to solve this problem?

Pure levitation.

That is why your hare-brained approach to gravity is catastrophically wrong.

If RE gravity is not a force, then describe the attractive mechanism.

Since the gravitational force is directly proportional to the mass of both interacting objects, more massive objects will attract each other with a greater gravitational force.

You must explain the attractive mechanism.

What you have done is to assume it is attractive, and then proceed with the calculations.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 07:23:31 AM by sandokhan »

All the references except the only two you have cited?

Here is the graph which assembles all of the data ever collected:

PEAK: 0:00 am, June 30, 1908

This graph appears to be a count of anomalies per day.  One data point per day.  There is no 0:00am on that graph.  There is a peak on 30 June, for the whole day.

It doesn’t specify what these “anomalies” actually were, or where they were seen. Your source is a Russian book.  How many of those anomalies were observed in Russia?  This very vague, and does absolutely nothing to determine the time of any sighting in the UK.

Anything other than that is intense brightness which was present on the evening of June 30, 1908.

Mrs. Stephen clearly refers to 0:00 am, June 30, 1908 - 7:00 am in Siberia.

No. She doesn’t.  No matter what you think she should have seen, the wording of her letter is unambiguous.  She said “Last night” on July 1st.   0:00am June 30th would have been “the night before last”.  Deal with it.

sokarul

• Extra Racist

Let's put your word to the test.

e = 10,000

d = 0.01 cm

V = 20,000,000 volts = 66713 statvolts

gz = 1721.2 m/s2

gz = 172175.5gearth

Now you understand why I asked you solve this problem?

Pure levitation.
That is a big acceleration. (I fixed your error)
So where can I see this experiment? Who got the Nobel Prize for performing such an easy experiment?
Why could you do that math but not the math required for the cube and sphere? Is it because you have no idea what you are talking about?

That is why your hare-brained approach to gravity is catastrophically wrong.
If you use an incorrect formula you can get whatever you want.

If RE gravity is not a force, then describe the attractive mechanism.

Since the gravitational force is directly proportional to the mass of both interacting objects, more massive objects will attract each other with a greater gravitational force.

You must explain the attractive mechanism.

What you have done is to assume it is attractive, and then proceed with the calculations.
Bent spacetime

Still
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

sandokhan

• Flat Earth Sultan
  • Flat Earth Scientist
The Russian source collected all of the data for Europe/Asia.

In one graph.

The peak starts at 0:00 am June 30, 1908. Everything else means daytime brightness (July 1, July 2).

She said “Last night” on July 1st.   0:00am June 30th would have been “the night before last”.  Deal with it.

I have already dealt with it.

On the evening of June 30, 1908 it was very bright outside starting at 22:00 pm.

Yet, the letter says everything started at 0:00 am June 30, 1908.

This is what you have to deal with.

You must also provide the attractive mechanism, otherwise I win.

Bent spacetime

Dr. Erik Verlinde:

General Relativity remains just a description of the force we call gravity. It leaves unanswered the key question of exactly how matter affects space and time.

So you think you are an expert on gravitation.

Explain why a bathroom scale does not register 2,000 pounds.

Then you will understand the falling objects problem much better.

In one graph.

The peak starts at 0:00 am June 30, 1908. Everything else means daytime brightness (July 1, July 2).

She said “Last night” on July 1st.   0:00am June 30th would have been “the night before last”.  Deal with it.

On the evening of June 30, 1908 it was very bright outside starting at 22:00 pm.

This is what you have to deal with.

So, if it is not reports about anomalies, then what do the numbers on the left side of the graph mean. What exactly is "100 anomalies"?

Because they are not designed for those weights and will break? A bathroom scale is typically used to measure the weight of a person. A person does not weigh 2000 pounds.

That means I win.

Yes; in a cloud of smoke you have overcharged the capacitor.
The the universe has no obligation to makes sense to you.
The earth is a globe.

In one graph.

Therefore we can’t tell what was visible in Europe at any time from that graph alone.

Nope.  The graph resolution is one data point per day. A 24 hour period.  There is no 0:00am on that graph.

So we can add the graph to the list of things you are misrepresenting.  This isn’t helping your credibility, you know.

Not supported by any evidence you have provided so far.

No. It clearly does not.  You are aware that the date changes at midnight, right?  Is this the source of your confusion?

*Irrelevant off topic distraction ignored*

sandokhan

• Flat Earth Sultan
  • Flat Earth Scientist
Because they are not designed for those weights and will break? A bathroom scale is typically used to measure the weight of a person. A person does not weigh 2000 pounds.

Brilliant.

There are 2,000 pounds of atmospheric pressure that should be registered by the scale.

Yet it is not.

"A column of air one square meter in cross section is said to weigh over 100,000 Newtons or 10.2 metric tonnes or 11.2 (short) tons at sea level. "

Scale - 1 sq.ft.

The B2 bomber supercapacitors use 0.1 cm, at 10000 for the dielectric, and 20,000,000 volts. It goes up very smoothly.

Therefore we can’t tell what was visible in Europe at any time from that graph alone.

The reports about the sudden change in the anomalies started all at 0:00 am June 30, 1908.

But you already knew that.

There is no 0:00am on that graph.

There sure is: the peak is right where June 30 starts.

Every sentence of that letter supports it was 0:00 am June 30, 1908. On the evening of June 30, 1908 it was as bright as day starting at 22:00 pm.

And I can claim a flat earth surface from London to Tunguska based on your inability to explain the attractive mechanism.

If you cannot explain the attractive mechanism, you lose anyway, irrespective of anything else.

sandokhan

• Flat Earth Sultan
  • Flat Earth Scientist
“TO THE EDITOR OF THE TIMES.”

“Sir,--I should be interested in hearing whether others of your readers observed the strange light in the sky which was seen here last night by my sister and myself. I do not know when it first appeared; we saw it between 12 o’clock (midnight) and 12:15 a.m.  It was in the northeast and of a bright flame-colour like the light of sunrise or sunset.  The sky, for some distance above the light, which appeared to be on the horizon, was blue as in the daytime, with bands of light cloud of a pinkish colour floating across it at intervals.  Only the brightest stars could be seen in any part of the sky, though it was an almost cloudless night.  It was possible to read large print indoors, and the hands of the clock in my room were quite distinct.  An hour later, at about 1:30 a.m., the room was quite light, as if it had been day; the light in the sky was then more dispersed and was a fainter yellow.  The whole effect was that of a night in Norway at about this time of year.  I am in the habit of watching the sky, and have noticed the amount of light indoors at different hours of the night several times in the last fortnight.  I have never at any time seen anything the least like this in England, and it would be interesting if any one would explain the cause of so unusual a sight.

Yours faithfully,
Katharine Stephen.
Godmanchester, Huntingdon, July 1.”

In London on the night of June 30th the air-glow illuminates the northern quadrant of the heavens so brightly that the Times can be read at midnight. In Antwerp the glare of what looks like a huge bonfire rises twenty degrees above the northern horizon, and the sweep second hands of stopwatches are clearly visible at one a.m. In Stockholm, photographers find they can take pictures out of doors without need of cumbersome flash apparatus at any time of night from June 30th to July 3rd.

Everything started at 0:00 am June 30, 1908.

y axis - intensity of anomalies

x axis - days

The anomalies peak at the start of June 30, 1908.

we saw it between 12 o’clock (midnight) and 12:15 a.m

Exact match.

On July 1 at midnight it was already as bright as the day even since 22:00 pm (evening of June 30, 1908), see the graph.

An hour later, at about 1:30 a.m., the room was quite light, as if it had been day

On the evening of June 30, 1908 it was ALREADY as bright as the day: the letter describes a surprise element, something new, not something which was already happening for 24 hours.

sokarul

• Extra Racist

Bent spacetime

Dr. Erik Verlinde:

General Relativity remains just a description of the force we call gravity. It leaves unanswered the key question of exactly how matter affects space and time.
One person with an alternative theory. General Relativity is the currently excepted theory. That can change.

So you think you are an expert on gravitation.

Because you are not your mother.

The force on the scale is not 2,000 LBSf.
F=ma where as acceleration in this case is from gravity.

I already understand it. Objects in freefall feel no force.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

Brilliant.

There are 2,000 pounds of atmospheric pressure that should be registered by the scale.

Yet it is not.

"A column of air one square meter in cross section is said to weigh over 100,000 Newtons or 10.2 metric tonnes or 11.2 (short) tons at sea level. "

Scale - 1 sq.ft.

The B2 bomber supercapacitors use 0.1 cm, at 10000 for the dielectric, and 20,000,000 volts. It goes up very smoothly.

The reports about the sudden change in the anomalies started all at 0:00 am June 30, 1908.

But you already knew that.

There is no 0:00am on that graph.

There sure is: the peak is right where June 30 starts.

Every sentence of that letter supports it was 0:00 am June 30, 1908. On the evening of June 30, 1908 it was as bright as day starting at 22:00 pm.

And I can claim a flat earth surface from London to Tunguska based on your inability to explain the attractive mechanism.

If you cannot explain the attractive mechanism, you lose anyway, irrespective of anything else.
If pressure is the cause of weight then why does my weight stayed the same as the barometric pressure changes?
My ability to explain nature to you, does not change nature; nature it is what it is, the earth is a globe.
This allows satellites such as the ISS, GPS, and the exploration of the solar system with space probes.
Now please explain how this can be don on a flat earth.
If you can not you are wrong.
this is not a win or lose, debate.
The the universe has no obligation to makes sense to you.
The earth is a globe.

sandokhan

• Flat Earth Sultan
  • Flat Earth Scientist
New elements from the letter.

I am in the habit of watching the sky, and have noticed the amount of light indoors at different hours of the night several times in the last fortnight.  I have never at any time seen anything the least like this in England, and it would be interesting if any one would explain the cause of so unusual a sight.

fortnight
/ˈfɔːtnʌɪt/
noun
BRITISH
a period of two weeks.

So, contrary to what the RE were saying, Mrs. Stephen had been observing the skies FOR TWO WEEKS.

I have never at any time seen anything the least like this in England, and it would be interesting if any one would explain the cause of so unusual a sight.

If it's July 1, 1908 (0:00 am July 1, 1908), then NOTHING happened before this date.

However, the peak of the anomalies occurred starting with 0:00 am June 30, 1908, of course.

If pressure is the cause of weight then why does my weight stayed the same as the barometric pressure changes?

The pressure takes place at the most infinitesimal level of each cell, atom, particle, not on the surface area.

Barometric pressure has nothing to do with your weight. The atmosphere is levitated by the ether strings, that is why the bathroom scale does not register the 2,000 pounds.

This allows satellites such as the ISS, GPS

Explain the MISSING ORBITAL SAGNAC EFFECT.

Weyl's formula is used by satellites manufacturers to obtain levitation and change of direction.

I am in the habit of watching the sky, and have noticed the amount of light indoors at different hours of the night several times in the last fortnight.  I have never at any time seen anything the least like this in England, and it would be interesting if any one would explain the cause of so unusual a sight.

fortnight
/ˈfɔːtnʌɪt/
noun
BRITISH
a period of two weeks.

So, contrary to what the RE were saying, Mrs. Stephen had been observing the skies FOR TWO WEEKS.

She did not. She mentions that she noticed the amount of light indoors in the last two weeks. But she starts the letter with a message about seeing the strange lights in the sky for the first time in the night of July 1st. She is making a comparison as to say that she didn't notice it in the last two weeks because she was noticing the amount of light indoors (thus, strictly remembering how it was). She doesn't say the amount of light indoors is different than usual.

sokarul

• Extra Racist

The pressure takes place at the most infinitesimal level of each cell, atom, particle, not on the surface area.

Barometric pressure has nothing to do with your weight. The atmosphere is levitated by the ether strings, that is why the bathroom scale does not register the 2,000 pounds.

Seems like it was just yesterday you need 20,000,000 volts to get levitation. Now you get it with zero. Is there anything ether can't do?
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

Let us break down this letter as to clarify what is actually said:

“Sir,--I should be interested in hearing whether others of your readers observed the strange light in the sky which was seen here last night by my sister and myself.
Last night referring to the night on which she wrote the letter.

I do not know when it first appeared; we saw it between 12 o’clock (midnight) and 12:15 a.m.
She says that at this time she noticed it for the first time.
It was in the northeast and of a bright flame-colour like the light of sunrise or sunset.
She mentions sunrise and sunset. So, not specifically daylight.
The sky, for some distance above the light, which appeared to be on the horizon, was blue as in the daytime, with bands of light cloud of a pinkish colour floating across it at intervals.  Only the brightest stars could be seen in any part of the sky, though it was an almost cloudless night.
Which is how I would also describe the ice crystals noctilucent clouds I mentioned a few pages ago.
It was possible to read large print indoors, and the hands of the clock in my room were quite distinct.
So, she was able to read large prints. Which means she could not read a book under that light. She could see the hands of the clock, but does not mention being able to see the numbers. Comparable to dusk or dawn.
An hour later, at about 1:30 a.m., the room was quite light, as if it had been day; the light in the sky was then more dispersed and was a fainter yellow. The whole effect was that of a night in Norway at about this time of year.
She said "quite light, as if it had been day". So, not exactly like day, because why then would she use the word "quite" specifically? The light in the sky was also more dispersed, meaning that she didn't see this in one general direction anymore per se.

Yours faithfully,
Katharine Stephen.
See my previous message for this last part.

sandokhan

• Flat Earth Sultan
  • Flat Earth Scientist

fortnight
/ˈfɔːtnʌɪt/
noun
BRITISH
a period of two weeks.

She mentions that she noticed the amount of light indoors in the last two weeks.

I am in the habit of watching the sky, and have noticed the amount of light indoors at different hours of the night several times in the last fortnight.

But she starts the letter with a message about seeing the strange lights in the sky for the first time in the night of July 1st.

Impossible.

I have never at any time seen anything the least like this in England, and it would be interesting if any one would explain the cause of so unusual a sight.

If it's July 1, 1908 (0:00 am July 1, 1908), then NOTHING happened before this date.

However, the peak of the anomalies occurred starting with 0:00 am June 30, 1908, of course.

She doesn't say the amount of light indoors is different than usual.

It was possible to read large print indoors, and the hands of the clock in my room were quite distinct.  An hour later, at about 1:30 a.m., the room was quite light, as if it had been day.

The atmospheric semidiurnal electricity tide sustains the atmosphere through Weyl's exact formula.

“TO THE EDITOR OF THE TIMES.”

“Sir,--I should be interested in hearing whether others of your readers observed the strange light in the sky which was seen here last night by my sister and myself. I do not know when it first appeared; we saw it between 12 o’clock (midnight) and 12:15 a.m.  It was in the northeast and of a bright flame-colour like the light of sunrise or sunset.  The sky, for some distance above the light, which appeared to be on the horizon, was blue as in the daytime, with bands of light cloud of a pinkish colour floating across it at intervals.  Only the brightest stars could be seen in any part of the sky, though it was an almost cloudless night.  It was possible to read large print indoors, and the hands of the clock in my room were quite distinct.  An hour later, at about 1:30 a.m., the room was quite light, as if it had been day; the light in the sky was then more dispersed and was a fainter yellow.  The whole effect was that of a night in Norway at about this time of year.  I am in the habit of watching the sky, and have noticed the amount of light indoors at different hours of the night several times in the last fortnight.  I have never at any time seen anything the least like this in England, and it would be interesting if any one would explain the cause of so unusual a sight.

Yours faithfully,
Katharine Stephen.

In London on the night of June 30th the air-glow illuminates the northern quadrant of the heavens so brightly that the Times can be read at midnight. In Antwerp the glare of what looks like a huge bonfire rises twenty degrees above the northern horizon, and the sweep second hands of stopwatches are clearly visible at one a.m. In Stockholm, photographers find they can take pictures out of doors without need of cumbersome flash apparatus at any time of night from June 30th to July 3rd.

Everything started at 0:00 am June 30, 1908.

y axis - intensity of anomalies

x axis - days

The anomalies peak at the start of June 30, 1908.

Learn to read a graph.  The x-axis is in days, with a resolution of 1 day.  That's why the change in slope happens daily.  There no way to determine at what time of the day any anomalies were observed from that graph.

we saw it between 12 o’clock (midnight) and 12:15 a.m

Exact match.

You're really not doing yourself any favours.

On July 1 at midnight it was already as bright as the day even since 22:00 pm (evening of June 30, 1908), see the graph.

The graph does not show the brightness in the UK.  You said yourself that it compiles all eyewitness accounts across Europe and Asia.  As such, the y-axis scale of "intensity of atmospheric optical anomalies" is so vague as to be pretty useless.  I guess it's really "incidents of reported atmospheric optical anomalies", but I can't say for sure without knowing what the raw data actually was.

An hour later, at about 1:30 a.m., the room was quite light, as if it had been day

On the evening of June 30, 1908 it was ALREADY as bright as the day: the letter describes a surprise element, something new, not something which was already happening for 24 hours.

I'm still waiting for any eyewitness account of it being "as bright as the day" in the UK before the time Mrs Stephen mentions. 

fortnight
/ˈfɔːtnʌɪt/
noun
BRITISH
a period of two weeks.

1.  I am not "the RE".  I am a single person.
2.  This is not new.  You've posted this multiple times. I have read it.
3.  She said she'd been observing the sky for 2 weeks, but singled out "last night" as the time she saw something unusual. That is not contrary to what I've been saying. It's contrary to what you are saying. 

Since you so fond of quoting this letter, I wonder why you never highlight the following part?

"The whole effect was that of a night in Norway at about this time of year."

Seems relevant.

Nothing that Mrs Stephen noticed from Huntingdon.

Apparently not.  At least not what was visible in the UK.

Why are we focusing on one report? There must be others!