What was your first post in the FES?

• 14 Replies

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
  • Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crime
What was your first post in the FES?
« on: April 21, 2020, 08:33:21 AM »
I thought it'd be interesting to collect what was our first post when we came to this forum.

Here is my first post:
I recently found some flat earth videos on youtube and found myself fascinated by them. It's not actually that I thought the fe model would be in any way convincing, but it's interesting to see what kind of people actually believe it.

In found that there are roughly two "categories" of people:

1. Low to mid level intelligence combined with no or bad education. Can easily be detected when you hear stuff like "But if the earth spins with xxxx m/s at the equator, how comes I can jump and land at the same place? Those people might be trolls tho.

2. Mid level up do seemingly decent intelligent people with often not too bad education. Those people sometimes have created their own world-view, which is often working on first glance. So I somehow admire their dedication to flat-earth.

Now I wonder: Are here any people  that do actually belive in flat earth?
How comes you do believe in flat earth, since it can actually be disproven easily?
What makes you feel you need an alternative view of our world/universe? Is it just the urge to be more than one small human in the whole universe?

Also, this reminds me that it's quite a pitty that Jroa isn't here anymore  :'(
Quote from: croutons, the s.o.w.
You have received a warning for breaking the laws of mathematics.

Member of the BOTD

Ichimaru Gin :]

• Undefeated FEer
  • Planar Moderator
  • Semper vigilans
Re: What was your first post in the FES?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2020, 08:43:22 AM »
They should sell a printed FAQ as a book. If they have already, would someone please send me a link to it. Thanks,

3rd Cpt.
I saw a slight haze in the hotel bathroom this morning after I took a shower, have I discovered a new planet?

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2020, 10:31:45 AM »
The aliens are among us, disguised as humans!  It's too late to do anything about it.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
  • Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crime
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2020, 11:27:11 AM »
The aliens are among us, disguised as humans!  It's too late to do anything about it.

Lol and your third post is
No,  pink goo cause I'm a girl.
Haha, 'girls' on the internet are worse than vegans!
Quote from: croutons, the s.o.w.
You have received a warning for breaking the laws of mathematics.

Member of the BOTD

faded mike

• I'm thinkin flat
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2020, 11:35:03 AM »
I intorduced myself in another thread, but this was my first post outside that

In "voice of god technoology" thread about the military beaming voices into enemies heads

I think most people would agree this is a digusting misuse of technology. It could be used to make hearing aids for the deaf but instead is used to impersonate God by the army...

« Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 11:36:42 AM by faded mike »
"Using our vast surveillance system, we've uncovered revolutionary new information..."
           -them

theoretical formula for Earths curvature = 8 inches multiplied by (miles squared) = inches drop from straight forward

kids: say no to drugs

NotSoSkeptical

• Flat like a droplet of water.
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2020, 11:38:01 AM »
Can you explain why there have been no other planets found that are just a flat disk?  Statistically, there would have to be others.  Why haven't they been observed?
Rabinoz RIP

That would put you in the same category as pedophile perverts like John Davis, NSS, robots like Stash, Shifter, and victimized kids like Alexey.

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
  • Will I still be perfect tomorrow?
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2020, 12:35:50 PM »
I come in peace.

Seeing as these sites might be merging like mating worms in the future, I thought I might as well stage a raid to see what's up, say hi to those I know (The mighty Crouton, PP, Boots (bless)) and any others that grace our shores when this place falls to pieces.

I see Inti' has become a sticking point, and for that I feel partly responsible as he fell for my avatar and in his subsequent dissolution, he struck out as scorned lovers often do. Personally, I miss him, and I just know he will be made up to find me here.

As for integration, that would be great, wouldn't that be just great? I mean really great! It's not going to happen (at least not easily).

Ego's, poison in the well, bad blood and good old tribalism will see to that, but that is also why I am here, as a cultural exchange.

We may not be able to change what has happened between these damaged individuals, but we, the rank and file membership can bridge other gaps, make suggestions for slight changes, visit each other to build relationships, babysit and make cookies.

Here's a thought, the mighty Davis has lifted something, that stopped us doing something we weren't apparently ever doing, brilliant, so in reply we could say that should Inti' admit his behavior in trying to get Pars' beheaded by ISIS, was beyond the pale, he would consider a pardon should all things come to pass.
In the mean time come visit, forge bonds, show them that we want this to happen, just don't fall for my avatar or the immortal one may get jealous and have your head removed.

I came to do good.
Life is meaningless and everything dies.

Suicide is dangerous- other philosophies are available-#Life is great.

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2020, 12:57:34 PM »
I just found this place today and I am intrigued....
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2020, 01:05:12 PM »

Lol and your third post is
No,  pink goo cause I'm a girl.
Haha, 'girls' on the internet are worse than vegans!

What, aren't you blue goo on the inside?
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2020, 01:21:18 PM »
I am reminded of the poetry of Theodore Geisel.

We'll find something new to do now.
Here is lots of new blue goo now.
New goo.
Blue goo.
Gooey.  Gooey.
Blue goo, new goo.
Gluey.  Gluey.

Gooey goo for chewy chewing!
That's what that goo-goose is doing.
Do you choose to chew goo, too, sir?
If, sir, you, sir, choose to chew, sir,
with the goo-goose, chew, sir.

Do, sir.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2020, 01:22:27 PM »
So gooey!

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2020, 03:04:15 PM »
Hey there all you cool cats and kittens!

In retrospect, I was ahead of the times.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2020, 03:46:04 PM »
And my first posts:
As Mikeman said "Prepare for flat earthers to ignore this thread, because it's going to happen."

It seems to have happemed so, I will try to answer for them:

The Archbishop: "Perspective, that is carefully explained In the Sacred Texts Chap XVII, page 205".

Jora: "Who cares, why are we bothered by a little dot in the sky?"

Charles Bloomington: "Don't be stupid, it just is!"

JRoweSkeptic: "When it experiences more friction it will appear larger. in addition, you are using round earth theories, which do not take aether into account. long story short, you're still being an idiot. same as ever."

JRoweSkeptic:  "If we can see Venus because of it being a glowing heated-up metal object, then why wouldn't it change in size? if you see the lit face from the side, peering around a non-lit face, it would take on a different size and shape."

Vauxhall:  "So if you can't add anything other than "you're wrong", then I'm out. I don't want to waste my time with your sub-par and juvenile arguments.:

Well, I might have made a few accidental misquotes, but I think I have got the gist of their arguments.

Maybe we can finally get a reasonably answer for a clearly observable and repeatable event.

Bom Tishop

• Official friend boy of the FES!!
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2020, 11:28:24 PM »
And my first posts:
As Mikeman said "Prepare for flat earthers to ignore this thread, because it's going to happen."

It seems to have happemed so, I will try to answer for them:

The Archbishop: "Perspective, that is carefully explained In the Sacred Texts Chap XVII, page 205".

Jora: "Who cares, why are we bothered by a little dot in the sky?"

Charles Bloomington: "Don't be stupid, it just is!"

JRoweSkeptic: "When it experiences more friction it will appear larger. in addition, you are using round earth theories, which do not take aether into account. long story short, you're still being an idiot. same as ever."

JRoweSkeptic:  "If we can see Venus because of it being a glowing heated-up metal object, then why wouldn't it change in size? if you see the lit face from the side, peering around a non-lit face, it would take on a different size and shape."

Vauxhall:  "So if you can't add anything other than "you're wrong", then I'm out. I don't want to waste my time with your sub-par and juvenile arguments.:

Well, I might have made a few accidental misquotes, but I think I have got the gist of their arguments.

Maybe we can finally get a reasonably answer for a clearly observable and repeatable event.

Wow, the never changing rab.

You are rab the eternal now, then and forever!
Quote from: Bom Tishop
LordDave is quite alright even for a bleeding heart liberal. Godspeed good sir

Bom Tishop

• Official friend boy of the FES!!
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2020, 11:30:24 PM »
My first post came in peace and genuine search for knowledge.

Greetings,

I have had a question regarding this theory that has weighed on me. Despite the field I work in, I am not closed mind and I truly appreciate outside the box thinking. I truly enjoy questioning the norm, what is fact and what is not (I also realize no matter what, "facts" are more of a mythological unicorn and not abundant as purported by many). So please know I ask this question with respect, and it is a genuine question.

What is the theory on how such a conspiracy can be kept when a conspiracy involving 100s of people can barely be held for a decade?  This would surely involve at least a million people or more, involving many different cultures and nations. Requiring say, Russia, for example, to withhold their pride for the "greater good", which is extremely uncommon not to mention torturous of their culture.

Also lets remove the government involvement. There are many private sector jobs that rely upon the globe model and support it. For example, my company, I have owned for 9 years, some of the items I manufacturer and design are aviation and aerospace items. Including, but not limited to liquid fuel turbo pumps, piston pumps, gyro components, some electronic shielding, along with many other components that are involved in the production of different machinery. I am paid by for profit private sectors, I have never once been issued payment from any government source. Where are my items going??? Who is really paying for them? Are these private sectors just dummy corps for the correct image? If so who is benefiting from this and what is the purpose?

I have also been invited by long term clients to either visit or required to travel to certain locations for business if issues arrive. Also anytime there is a failure rather it one of my products liability or not (much much bureaucracy involved). I have first hand seen ground control centers for Eutelsat and Intelsat. I have got to observe the data feeds sent and returned, have even been able to witness maintenance adjustment procedure done on a mid orbit bird. I have also seen partially complete and fully completed satellites before delivery. How is this explained? What have I witnessed in the control rooms??? Was it a video game to look the part? Where are these birds going if the physics behind them are impossible??? Are they junked somewhere?? Just a giant waste to keep appearances? Granted I will say there are no pictures or anything of the such in the control areas, just data and position charts along with radar variances. However, this seems very elaborate  for something that only a very few people will see.  I would truly enjoy to hear the position and theory explaining this.

I will say one thing though, and this has seemed odd to me. For the last 4 years the materials requested for anything aerospace wise has diminished to a very small portion.  The big 7 sat builders (which are government funded) dissolve any private sector builders by two ways. One make it impossible to launch with bureaucratic tape, or two, one of the big 7 buys that company and they vanish. Government explanation is so they can control what is up there, supposedly preventing junk from being launched, failing in orbit, causing cascade reactions, losing guidance before it can even reach a junk orbit ect ect. Also "lowering" insurance premiums (have yet to be seen, also it is almost impossible to get insurance as a private builder now, they either price you out of business or just deny completely). This action took place almost over night with no warning, no grandfather clause and really nothing at all to do about it. This has never set right with me.

These are just a few of the questions I have had regarding your theory, without getting into the physics of things, I believe the question needs to be addressed about the dynamics and magnitude of the conspiracy itself. As I said before, this is asked with respect and a genuine search for the answer. Freedom of mind and thought is one of the highest of my priority.

I ask because I am interested.... seemingly "insane" theories such as these have two out comes. One they are just insane, or two, they are the truth. Sheeple are real, conspiracies are real and so are trolls. However, from the possibility of the second option, I never disregard a theory until it collapses in on itself.

Wow, I remember those days when I actually tried to communicate with people here. Thought out things and put a little effort into it (not to mention stupid long posts).

Amazing how things change throughout the years (except for rab)
Quote from: Bom Tishop
LordDave is quite alright even for a bleeding heart liberal. Godspeed good sir