Coronovirus Roll call

• 238 Replies

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
Coronovirus Roll call
« on: March 23, 2020, 12:36:01 AM »
How's everyone doing in our dystopian future?

This is I think day eight since we're in a soft lock down.  I'm in a fortunate spot in most way.  My job isn't in danger.  I can work from home.  And my home happens to be a grotesque mcMansion.  I"m stuck listening to my wife lose her mind at her children because they're going nuts staying home all day long.

Despite all this there's something... menacing in the air.  It's hard to explain.  It sort of feels like English civilians hunkering down for an air raid from the germans.  Except it's viruses and a damaged society instead of nazis.

Yesterday I went to an ihop for takeout(don't ask, my kids wanted it).  Tumblweeds.  Two people there handling the order.  I ask where is everyone.  She tells me they've all been laid off.  I gave her a tip equal to the amount of the meal.

Well that my situation.  Solid, no one vulnerable but bearing the weight of a menacing unknown on my mind at all times.

Though I do havll skype video meetings tomorrow most of the day.  And... okay I don't know how to convince any of you that I'm not suicidial.  But through these meetings I keep fantasizing about killing myself. The process goes like "Oh my God, this other guy just explained this!  There's no reason to be here.  But I can't leave.  And the boredom is causing me physical pain.

Well... I can always just kill myself.  And then my shoulder slump and I relax because there's always the cowards way out of meetings.  Friends and family might judge me harshly, if they've never been to a 9 hour meeting over skype.

How is everyone else doing?
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
Re: Coronovirus Roll call
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2020, 02:23:22 AM »
My grandparents were told to go to War. I'm being told to essentially stay at home and binge Netflix. I'm doing great  8)

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
  • Will I still be perfect tomorrow?
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2020, 04:02:49 AM »

It was  mothers day here Sunday, we went round my mothers house, knocked on the door, when she opened it we threw the flowers in her face and ran off shouting "Love you".

Then spent the rest of the day in our garden listening to people with motor mowers adding themselves to my list of retribution.
Life is meaningless and everything dies.

Suicide is dangerous- other philosophies are available-#Life is great.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Only Yang Scholar in The Ying Universe
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2020, 04:22:39 AM »
Although people have been ordered by the doctor to socialize on the one hand, they do not participate in the werenasa coronavirus study as a requirement of their social responsibilities, they try everything to make all people and humanity kill, disappear, and do all kinds of evil. then they launch topics in the sense of two-faced, fake crocodile tears with the name "Coronovirus Roll call".

I do not know the content of the subject, the two people on this topic are on the list for ignoring because of their crimes against humanity, but their ability to start and write such a topic reveals that they know no boundaries in insolence. What an insolence.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Come on bro, just admit that the the earth isn't a sphere, you won't even be wrong

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2020, 04:40:28 AM »
So Fuck off then.

(could some mischievous person who is on shitferbrainses current good list, quote this please?)

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2020, 06:17:07 AM »
Every time I see the media talk about "shelter in place" I am reminded that is what they tell us if you've refused to evacuate and the hurricane is grinding across the state. It means you're on your own and it's your own damn fault, don't dial 911 until it's over.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

NotSoSkeptical

• Flat like a droplet of water.
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2020, 07:23:35 AM »
Every time I see the media talk about "shelter in place" I am reminded that is what they tell us if you've refused to evacuate and the hurricane is grinding across the state. It means you're on your own and it's your own damn fault, don't dial 911 until it's over.

You are giving the government a lot of credit.  It took FEMA 5 days to get water to the Superdome post Katrina.
Rabinoz RIP

That would put you in the same category as pedophile perverts like John Davis, NSS, robots like Stash, Shifter, and victimized kids like Alexey.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2020, 10:17:42 AM »
Well, I just read that post over again and don't see where I've given the government credit for anything.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

?

Jamie

• Retired
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2020, 10:27:58 AM »
Alive and well.
"Conspiracy theorists actually believe in the conspiracy because that is more comforting." - Alan Moore

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2020, 11:52:43 AM »
You might say I'm on the front lines working for CDS contacted to Costco, I am sterilizing carts and cooler doors, we still have 150 people coming through the doors each half hour.
The the universe has no obligation to makes sense to you.
The earth is a globe.

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2020, 02:01:20 PM »

Stay safe Mousey.

My partners an infection control nurse, so we'll probably die.

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2020, 02:07:06 PM »
I'm alright but I think the Glorious Leader is going to stage a mutiny soon, her teacher is sending more and more work for her to do each day.
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2020, 04:06:27 PM »
One week into shelter-in-place at my home and we are all alive and well so far. Given our constant close proximity, one crumbled Oreo on the floor or dirty sock left out of the hamper could unwind days worth of effort to deal with each other in a civilized fashion, but at this very moment things are still good.

Wait. Fuck me running. I see a candy wrapper under the coffee table. Pardon me for a moment. I'm about to come unglued.

boydster

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2020, 04:07:02 PM »
AND CRACKER CRUMBS?!?!?!!

NotSoSkeptical

• Flat like a droplet of water.
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2020, 04:20:53 PM »

Stay safe Mousey.

My partners an infection control nurse, so we'll probably die.

Unless you have an underlying medical condition, that's unlikely.
Rabinoz RIP

That would put you in the same category as pedophile perverts like John Davis, NSS, robots like Stash, Shifter, and victimized kids like Alexey.

faded mike

• I'm thinkin flat
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2020, 06:23:48 PM »
Present
I heard disease in general is 70% psychological and 30% physiological - that they tied a blind folded man to the bed in china(i think the chinese military) told him they would slit his wrist, lightly scratched his wrist once with out blood, and he died thinking he was bleeding to death.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 08:01:14 PM by faded mike »
"Using our vast surveillance system, we've uncovered revolutionary new information..."
           -them

theoretical formula for Earths curvature = 8 inches multiplied by (miles squared) = inches drop from straight forward

kids: say no to drugs

faded mike

• I'm thinkin flat
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2020, 08:02:03 PM »
Not to be dismissive, but I am personally a bit skeptical, with questions anyway.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 08:32:51 PM by faded mike »
"Using our vast surveillance system, we've uncovered revolutionary new information..."
           -them

theoretical formula for Earths curvature = 8 inches multiplied by (miles squared) = inches drop from straight forward

kids: say no to drugs

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2020, 01:32:41 AM »

FFS you think if you're at home you could have the time to keep on top of this.

Get it done you grot!

My pantry is stocked with enough food to last several months. Some food stuffs probably almost a year (so many oats and rice). We'll probably do one last run of essential things like nappies and the wifes 'sanitary pads' tomorrow. 2 reasons. a) I dont want to be caught out needing to shop when a large chunk of the community is infected. Australias 'she'll be right mate' attitude has many people not giving a damn about the concept of social distancing or quarantine and b) only a matter of time before the government (caught with its pants down) copies some other country and restricts the way we can go to the supermarket.

2 weeks from now, I think Australia will be losing its mind by the sheer number of new infections and then 2 weeks after that, people are going to start dying heavily on a daily basis

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2020, 01:42:17 AM »

Going to be working from home for the foreseeable, consequently I may actually be on here less as spring has sprung and I'll probably be in the garden shouting at squirrels.

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2020, 04:01:05 AM »

Get it done you grot!

My pantry is stocked with enough food to last several months. Some food stuffs probably almost a year (so many oats and rice). We'll probably do one last run of essential things like nappies and the wifes 'sanitary pads' tomorrow. 2 reasons. a) I dont want to be caught out needing to shop when a large chunk of the community is infected. Australias 'she'll be right mate' attitude has many people not giving a damn about the concept of social distancing or quarantine and b) only a matter of time before the government (caught with its pants down) copies some other country and restricts the way we can go to the supermarket.

2 weeks from now, I think Australia will be losing its mind by the sheer number of new infections and then 2 weeks after that, people are going to start dying heavily on a daily basis

Wow you're well stocked. I maybe have food enough for 2 or 3 weeks but not nappies enough for that. Bought a potty to see if we can do without nappies but the small child thinks its some kind of fancy armchair instead of a toilet.
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2020, 04:10:42 AM »

Get it done you grot!

Wow you're well stocked. I maybe have food enough for 2 or 3 weeks but not nappies enough for that. Bought a potty to see if we can do without nappies but the small child thinks its some kind of fancy armchair instead of a toilet.

Well stocked if I like rice and porridge though. But these staples are cheap and dont take a lot of pantry space. It also takes the burden away from eating other more expensive (and delicious) foods

I have also bought a lot of protein powder. Important macro nutrient, cheap and shelf stable for a long time

Know your place

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2020, 02:38:46 PM »
I have rice and beans. I don't like rice though, but the rest do.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2020, 02:51:22 PM »
Just got a text from my sister.  Apparently Las Vegas is running out of meat.  At least where she's at.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2020, 03:01:54 PM »
Just got a text from my sister.  Apparently Las Vegas is running out of meat.  At least where she's at.

That's like us here. Still frozen things but any fresh or refrigerated ones your lucky if you find any

Know your place

boydster

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2020, 04:51:49 PM »
True story. Last weekend, my wife decided to go hit up the local Walmart for supplies. Not to hoard anything, but just to get prepared for staying home for a couple weeks. We had precisely 2 rolls of toilet paper in reserve, in addition to the 2 in-use rolls that had already been distributed to their place of need. So she intended to grab a pack. But, plot twist, they were out! So she asked one of the workers when they would have a fresh delivery coming in, and they told her they were getting a truck that day and at noon they were scheduled to be restocking the aisle with the TP, paper towels, and napkins. The only issue? She had to go to work after leaving there and wouldn't be done work until 1:30pm. Obviously, the stockpile would be depleted in far less time than her schedule would allow for. Enter boydster. I was tasked with arriving at Walmart slightly before noon on this fine Saturday. Perfect. Because unknowingly, Mrs. boydster had purchased 2 gallons of water that happened to be distilled instead of normal water that regular people drink - I had an opportunity to get regular water while waiting for the secret delivery.

So Mission: Get Water That Doesn't Suck was on. I roamed the aisles and made it to the sacred place. Except... they had truckloads of distilled water and no regular water. I should add, where I live, we very recently had a PFOA scare so there is good reason to buy bottled water. Naturally, I did the next most sane thing - I grabbed a few 12 packs of seltzer water. It's clean, I like the bubbles, all is well as far as I'm concerned. And then... then I see it. The Holy Grail of Aqua Excellence. The Primo water filling station has a single, shrink-wrapped 2 gallon jug. I tore off the plastic, filled that jug to the brim, tossed it into my cart, and proceeded to make my way back to the place I was originally tasked with seeking out.

There was already a line. I shit you not. When I got there, I said to one of the people, "I assume we're all acting on the same intelligence, huh?" And the lady that got there first chimed in pretty loudly saying she heard they were stocking the aisle at noon and she was their first. The next 4 people in line all announced their position. So I was sixth. With 15 minutes to wait. And the line kept growing.

Think about that for a second. I, 6th in line, with an entire 15 minutes that felt like an eternity to wait, was standing in line at Walmart with people claiming their position to have dibs on toilet paper that wasn't even their yet. Wait. First you have to understand. I hate being out in crowded places. I hate dealing with people in public places to begin with. A crowded Walmart? Fuck that. A crowded Walmart with people experiencing Cabbage Patch Kid Christmas Rage kind of craziness? FUCK A WHOLE BUNCH OF THAT SHIT. But I was there to provide for my family and to be a good husband.

The end of the story isn't very climactic. The people showed up to stock the aisle. They told everyone to back off and wait until they were done otherwise it would take longer. Then the floor manager showed up and started lobbing packages of paper goods through to air to whoever was ready to catch it. I ended up with TP, paper towels, and a jug with 2 gallons of delicious Primo water that day. It was a success. But it was the sort of apocalyptic scene I imagined from time to time and always thought was too ridiculous to ever play out, and there I was, participating in it.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2020, 05:14:57 PM »
TOILET PAPER WARS!

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2020, 05:18:03 PM »
I haven't seen toilet paper in stores for maybe a week now.  Fortunately Mrs. Crouton, for reasons I don't understand, is a toilet paper hoarder.  Even before this whole thing started I think we've had about 3 months of toilet paper lying around.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2020, 05:23:46 PM »
Day 8 of isolation.

It turns out I have a few n95 masks.  I must now make a difficult decision.  To look silly in stores wearing a mask or to risk a life threatening illness...

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2020, 05:46:17 PM »
I had over 150 rolls at home so I gave a 24 pack to my friend who was bordering on being out

By gave I mean sold to him at cost. Hey that shit cost me $6!

Know your place

« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2020, 09:28:10 PM »
Day 8 of isolation.

It turns out I have a few n95 masks.  I must now make a difficult decision.  To look silly in stores wearing a mask or to risk a life threatening illness...
As 1 of5 shoppers Will be wearing a mask you will go unnoticed.
The the universe has no obligation to makes sense to you.
The earth is a globe.