Should we kill all cats?

• 10 Replies

FlatAssembler

• Not a FE-er
Should we kill all cats?
« on: March 16, 2020, 05:11:04 AM »
So, what do you guys here think, would it be ethical to kill all cats, and maybe also all dogs, to protect the small innocent animals they kill? I think it would be, I've made a thread about that idea on the TextKit forum. I think that's what follows if we accept consequential ethics (as most of the philosophers these days do), unless we assume that, for some reason, cats and dogs have more value than mice and rats.
Also, what do people on this forum think about rabbits as pets? I think they are better than cats and dogs in that they don't kill smaller animals, but that they don't actually love their owners. I've expressed my views about it here.
Fan of Stephen Wolfram.
This is my parody of the conspiracy theorists:
https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=71184.0

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Empathiser
  • Will I still be perfect tomorrow?
Re: Should we kill all cats?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2020, 05:34:47 AM »
If you are going for the animal that has the biggest negative impact on the biosphere, start with yourself and your family, as humans are the biggest problem, and if you can't do that, then try killing one of my dogs.

Eagles may soar high, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Life is meaningless and everything dies.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2020, 05:53:33 AM »
So, what do you guys here think, would it be ethical to kill all cats,
Feral cats and foxes take a terrible toll on native Australian fauna.
Some years ago the army went out with 0.22 rifles to try to bring the numbers do but the Animal Rights groups got all up in arms about it!

I'd rather see the feral cats go and domestic cats controlled than see out wildlife driven to extinction.

Mind there's a worse feral animal than cats or foxes - us!

[quote author=FlatAssembler
and maybe also all dogs, to protect the small innocent animals they kill? I think it would be, I've made a thread about that idea on the TextKit forum. I think that's what follows if we accept consequential ethics (as most of the philosophers these days do), unless we assume that, for some reason, cats and dogs have more value than mice and rats.
Also, what do people on this forum think about rabbits as pets? I think they are better than cats and dogs in that they don't kill smaller animals, but that they don't actually love their owners.
[/quote]
Rabbits as pets do not cause much damage to the wildlife but wild (feral) rabbits breed like, well, rabbits ??? and totally devastate farmland!

Quote from: FlatAssembler
I've expressed my views about it here.
So any non-indigenous animal, including humans, and plants can cause havoc as we have found with cats, rabbits, cane toads, willow trees and many ornamental plants can play havoc with the local ecology.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2020, 06:31:28 AM »
So, what do you guys here think, would it be ethical to kill all cats, and maybe also all dogs, to protect the small innocent animals they kill?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2020, 09:34:11 AM »
So, what do you guys here think, would it be ethical to kill all cats, and maybe also all dogs, to protect the small innocent animals they kill?
Why do you think I give a shit about the small animals that cats and dogs kill?
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2020, 11:29:31 AM »
No, we shouldn't kill all the dogs and cats, also rabbits are delicious.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2020, 12:11:11 PM »
Rabbits are tasty - not many places serve it now though.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2020, 02:08:36 PM »
No, we shouldn't kill all the dogs and cats, also rabbits are delicious.
Some parts of the world think that dogs and cats are delicious.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2020, 03:44:16 PM »
Why do you think I give a shit about the small animals that cats and dogs kill?
Because Bilbies and even spinifex hopping mice are cute and feral cats and wild dogs kill them:

Bilby and a spinifex hopping mouse at Sydney Wildlife World. (Image: Wikimedia Commons)

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2020, 02:35:29 AM »
Everyone can make up their own mind about what is ethical. So if you think its ethical to kill cats, thats fine. If you try to kill my cat, I may find it ethical to kill you in turn though.
unless we assume that, for some reason, cats and dogs have more value than mice and rats.
What value does mice or rats have that I dont care for bring to me? Nada. So yes, my cats, and my dogs have a lot more value than mice and rats.
Also, what do people on this forum think about rabbits as pets?
The owls in my area would love it if more people decided to get rabbits. Pet shops love selling them.

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Empathiser
  • Will I still be perfect tomorrow?
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2020, 03:51:29 AM »

Iíve always thought that rabbits made dreadful pets, being dumb like most prey species, they donít play or do anything of much interest.

My sister had one when we were young, it was rubbish, all it did all day was try to shag the Guinea Pigs, so much so we had to build them a separate area it couldnít get in to, if you let it in the house it shat every where and tried to eat the wall paper, I inadvertently killed it by collecting Dandelion leaves from the verge, it ate them and was as stiff as a board within the hour, the next day all the weeds on the verge were shrivelled and dead, the council had weedkillered  it, it was one of the many things my sisters never forgave me for.

However with the current situation and their predilection for uncontrolled breeding they may be a fall back option for feeding the dogs. 
Eagles may soar high, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Life is meaningless and everything dies.