Professor Dave Explains - 10 Challenges for flat earthers

• 95 Replies

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
Re: Professor Dave Explains - 10 Challenges for flat earthers
« Reply #30 on: February 29, 2020, 12:03:18 AM »
Yeah, you guys were all set with the piri reis map too. You positivists are always 'all set.'

No we weren't. The entirety of the globe was not known at the time.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #31 on: February 29, 2020, 12:05:54 AM »
Yeah you are right. It's all about hats. Nicely played. No one ever drops a hat.

Now are you referring to 'the drop of a hat' as in doing something quickly? I'm still confused about this hat business.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #32 on: February 29, 2020, 12:08:28 AM »
The world went along fine when it was a Portolan map as well.
Sure but those navigators were aiming for large continents not tiny islands in a huge expanse like the Pacific Ocean.
But Captain Cook did navigate to the little island of Tahiti without problem and he knew nothing of you "non-Euclidean flat Earth".
He just accepted, probably without being aware of it, that he was navigating a non-Euclidean 2-D space embedded in a Euclidean 3-D space.

Quote from: John Davis
Or when we thought we could make salamanders out of fire. yeah, things get along fine even if we are dumb as a rock.
Irrelevant!
Man navigated across oceans and then built the statues on easter island.
But were they specifically navigating "across oceans" to find "Easter Island"?
Captain Cook was very deliberately navigating to Tahiti and Kingsford-Smith was very deliberately navigating to Suva and it vital that he find it promptly!

Your approximations are not as good as you think they are.  They might serve you well for sailing and building big rocks, but that says nothing of their truth.
Really?
What evidence have you to claim that these "approximations are not as good as" claimed - can YOU do better?
Do you have a better map?

But Harry Lyons was not "sailing and building big rocks" but navigating a plane over the longest non-stop flight to date where the fuel usage was critical.
Over the ocean, there is only the occasional tiny island and he was aiming for the small islands of Fiji.

I would say that the simple fact that they did land at Suva was rather good evidence that their distance and directions were very close.

You really are a great one for saying words with nothing to back them up.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #33 on: February 29, 2020, 12:09:46 AM »
Also the idea that you did it for yourselves - fuck no you didn't You just listened to someone else that said they did it. Fuck right off.

No, we had(have) people, lots of them, measuring stuff and writing it down. It's all quite well documented. I can point you to some references if you would like.

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #34 on: February 29, 2020, 12:11:59 AM »
Also the idea that you did it for yourselves - fuck no you didn't You just listened to someone else that said they did it. Fuck right off.

No, we had(have) people, lots of them, measuring stuff and writing it down. It's all quite well documented. I can point you to some references if you would like.
Yeah, so did Piri Reis. At least he had the balls the go out and prove it. Albeit with slaves arms.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #35 on: February 29, 2020, 12:12:54 AM »
Wipe your own ass for once and then you can say your map is fucking accurate.

I have for quite some time and presume I will continue to do so for some time to come. So according to you, I assume that I can rightfully say my map is accurate.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: February 29, 2020, 12:12:58 AM »
Yeah, you guys were all set with the piri reis map too. You positivists are always 'all set.'

No we weren't. The entirety of the globe was not known at the time.
Are you so certain it is now?

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: February 29, 2020, 12:13:56 AM »
Yeah you are right. It's all about hats. Nicely played. No one ever drops a hat.

Now are you referring to 'the drop of a hat' as in doing something quickly? I'm still confused about this hat business.
Its okay. This hat business is certainly confusing you and putting you up in a ruckus. Pay it no mind. I'm sure its not important at all.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: February 29, 2020, 12:18:11 AM »
The world went along fine when it was a Portolan map as well.
Sure but those navigators were aiming for large continents not tiny islands in a huge expanse like the Pacific Ocean.
But Captain Cook did navigate to the little island of Tahiti without problem and he knew nothing of you "non-Euclidean flat Earth".
He just accepted, probably without being aware of it, that he was navigating a non-Euclidean 2-D space embedded in a Euclidean 3-D space.

Or when we thought we could make salamanders out of fire. yeah, things get along fine even if we are dumb as a rock.
Irrelevant!
Man navigated across oceans and then built the statues on easter island.
But were they specifically navigating "across oceans" to find "Easter Island"?
Captain Cook was very deliberately navigating to Tahiti and Kingsford-Smith was very deliberately navigating to Suva and it vital that he find it promptly!

Your approximations are not as good as you think they are.  They might serve you well for sailing and building big rocks, but that says nothing of their truth.
Really?
What evidence have you to claim that these "approximations are not as good as" claimed - can YOU do better?
Do you have a better map?

But Harry Lyons was not "sailing and building big rocks" but navigating a plane over the longest non-stop flight to date where the fuel usage was critical.
Over the ocean, there is only the occasional tiny island and he was aiming for the small islands of Fiji.

I would say that the simple fact that they did land at Suva was rather good evidence that their distance and directions were very close.

You really are a great one for saying words with nothing to back them up.
Can JOHN DAVIS do better? Oh my. A dime to anyone who was asked that question and said yes. Unfortunately, the resounding answer from camp round is "no. I have a globe." Instead of empowering you the fight for empricism and logic has instead dwarfed the intellectual community. Well. The middle of it at least.

Any man who has flown knows that fuel consumption is dependent upon weather. Tell me, do you know if it's going to rain tomorrow? Modern positivist meteorologists with their big radars seem to have a hard time predicting even that. And yet you are so certain these feats cannot be done - I have to think back to those moai. Do you think those who built them planned their fuel well?

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: February 29, 2020, 12:21:00 AM »
You are so certain in this group of corporations ability to predict weather you fail to see they just build their tanks big enough and fly fast enough, and then push folks off to flights and make more money off them while being fed by the federal budget.

Yelp! Indeed.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #40 on: February 29, 2020, 12:21:46 AM »

Its okay. This hat business is certainly confusing you and putting you up in a ruckus. Pay it no mind. I'm sure its not important at all.

I'm pretty sure you're the one up in a ruckus when you're telling me to go fuck right off and wipe my ass. The coup de gras would have been if you had told me to do those two things at the same time.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: February 29, 2020, 12:22:40 AM »
No, pretty sure you should try wiping your own ass.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: February 29, 2020, 12:23:38 AM »
It's not hard. Just try it once. Its okay because its an allegorical ass. You don't actually have to wipe your white ass.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 12:26:34 AM by John Davis »

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: February 29, 2020, 12:24:27 AM »
We can help. We have a large library of folks that can wipe their own ass. Or we can direct you to others that wiped their ass.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: February 29, 2020, 12:25:21 AM »
Carpenter wasn't too bad at it. I mean it wasn't a perfect wipe, but at least he did it. Fort not too shabby either. Newton - the master fudger wiped his ass pretty darned well.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #45 on: February 29, 2020, 12:27:16 AM »
Einstein had to have a moment while everyone waited for him to wipe it. But hey, they got him the toilet paper and there it was.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #46 on: February 29, 2020, 12:29:00 AM »
No, pretty sure you should try wiping your own ass.

How is the new more constructive debate, content-full, no insulting forum format working out for you? Seems like you're really representing well.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: February 29, 2020, 12:32:51 AM »
Good thing I'm in general fool.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #48 on: February 29, 2020, 12:35:09 AM »
So, can you? Wipe your own ass?

What's one original thought you had? Some brilliant little dumb idea? I think we all have them.

I mean its all well enough to let the globs wipe your ass with their globe. Tell me. What is a fact you know. 

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: February 29, 2020, 12:37:55 AM »
I'll go first if you are shy.

Take Cantor's slash. Instead of an unordered list of numbers, instead choose to use binary numbers. Reverse them (so 1, 01, 11, etc) and sort them in order.

You can find the exact difference at any point between any number and the number outside the set. This makes it inside the set, and there you go.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 12:40:35 AM by John Davis »

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #50 on: February 29, 2020, 12:39:28 AM »
You are so certain in this group of corporations ability to predict weather you fail to see they just build their tanks big enough and fly fast enough, and then push folks off to flights and make more money off them while being fed by the federal budget.

Yelp! Indeed.

Apparently you are unfamiliar with the economics of commercial passenger air travel. Fuel couldn't be a bigger factor in the mix:

1 United States' passenger airlines operating costs (2014). Source: Airlines for America, 2014.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #51 on: February 29, 2020, 12:41:53 AM »
So I guess you can't wipe your own ass. Nice pie chart though.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #52 on: February 29, 2020, 12:45:52 AM »
So, can you? Wipe your own ass?

What's one original thought you had? Some brilliant little dumb idea? I think we all have them.

I mean its all well enough to let the globs wipe your ass with their globe. Tell me. What is a fact you know.

I'll go first if you are shy.

Take Cantor's slash. Instead of an unordered list of numbers, instead choose to use binary numbers. Reverse them (so 1, 01, 11, etc) and sort them in order.

You can find the exact difference at any point between any number and the number outside the set. This makes it inside the set, and there you go.

I thought you said you were going first? How is Cantor's Slash one of your 'original thoughts'?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #53 on: February 29, 2020, 12:49:23 AM »
Any man who has flown knows that fuel consumption is dependent upon weather.
To a limited extent only and planes carry a reserve for that but not enough to endlessly hunt for their destination.

Tell me, do you know if it's going to rain tomorrow? Modern positivist meteorologists with their big radars seem to have a hard time predicting even that.
And that is quite irrelevant and you know it!

And yet you are so certain these feats cannot be done - I have to think back to those moai. Do you think those who built them planned their fuel well?
It seems that all your debates end up in your ridiculing and insulting everybody.

Now where is your map?

And it has to be a map with no "uncrossable edges" because the Earth has been circumnavigated in virtually every direction imaginable.
And this includes around the Earth within ±2° of the Equator and via both the North Pole and the South Pole.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #54 on: February 29, 2020, 12:51:17 AM »
Its' a disproof of cantor's slash's premise - but hey you'd have to know the original point of it to see that. Or hey, you can take any of my flat earth ideas you've been trying to shit on. It's so hard to do that you've been here so long. You know, just in case someone else can't shit on it you gotta be here to shit on it first.

Too bad you can't wipe. It would be so easy to wipe right, and yet here you are. Wiping left. Well.

Trying to.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #55 on: February 29, 2020, 12:56:36 AM »
Any man who has flown knows that fuel consumption is dependent upon weather.
To a limited extent only and planes carry a reserve for that but not enough to endlessly hunt for their destination.
No one said they did. But let's be honest. They don't run out because they have more than enough.

You know, because engineering and its cheap to build a larger fuel tank and fill it up. There is no cost benefit in filling up a half tank.

Tell me, do you know if it's going to rain tomorrow? Modern positivist meteorologists with their big radars seem to have a hard time predicting even that.
And that is quite irrelevant and you know it!
I think I later point out it isn't.
And yet you are so certain these feats cannot be done - I have to think back to those moai. Do you think those who built them planned their fuel well?
It seems that all your debates end up in your ridiculing and insulting everybody.
I don't think what I said there ridicules anyone. Are you a stone statue on easter island? No?

Did you build them?

No? Because from this angle, it seems I'm giving them some pretty fucking high praise.

Now where is your map?

And it has to be a map with no "uncrossable edges" because the Earth has been circumnavigated in virtually every direction imaginable.
And this includes around the Earth within ±2° of the Equator and via both the North Pole and the South Pole.
Really?

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #56 on: February 29, 2020, 12:58:02 AM »
Yeah I'll ridicule those who blindly follow some shit idea and haven't wiped their own ass. You are right about that rab.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #57 on: February 29, 2020, 12:59:37 AM »
So I guess you can't wipe your own ass. Nice pie chart though.

It was a nice pie chart. Glad you liked it. Just more evidence that you just make things up, like commercial passenger airplane tanks are made big enough to just fill them up to whatevs, because having a clear understanding of consumption and cost apparently doesn't matter.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #58 on: February 29, 2020, 01:02:09 AM »
And that pie chart supplied you with that expertise.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #59 on: February 29, 2020, 01:02:46 AM »