Alien Life

• 32 Replies
Alien Life
« on: February 25, 2020, 02:33:35 PM »
Does believing in FE mean not believing in any other forms of life outside of Earth?

Bullwinkle

• Flat Earth Curator
  • Thread Janitor
Re: Alien Life
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2020, 03:03:20 PM »
no

you get two more guesses

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2020, 03:37:36 PM »
It is well established that the moon is teaming with both life and that this life poses a risk to man through its defensive mechanism of bioluminescence. I find it hard to believe anyone should take the opposing stance as this has been known since antiquity. Further, Ichi has provided us with the results of several studies on bioluminescence that confirm our already well supported knowledge on the subject.

I'd like to understand exactly what is so unbelievable here. It is clear the light from the moon is of a distinctly different nature than those given off by the greater luminary Sol. It is even more clear that it poses risk to us.

You are a fool to think otherwise, and you put your mind and reason at risk by ignoring the obvious signs of danger.

As you can see, the most prolific scientist of 2019 says that is not the case.
You can't fix FE.

Shifter

• ASI
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2020, 05:13:11 PM »
It is well established that the moon is teaming with both life and that this life poses a risk to man through its defensive mechanism of bioluminescence. I find it hard to believe anyone should take the opposing stance as this has been known since antiquity. Further, Ichi has provided us with the results of several studies on bioluminescence that confirm our already well supported knowledge on the subject.

I'd like to understand exactly what is so unbelievable here. It is clear the light from the moon is of a distinctly different nature than those given off by the greater luminary Sol. It is even more clear that it poses risk to us.

You are a fool to think otherwise, and you put your mind and reason at risk by ignoring the obvious signs of danger.

Not just of 2019, but of all time thank you very much

Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2020, 03:58:39 PM »
It is well established that the moon is teaming with both life that this life poses a risk to man through its defensive mechanism of bioluminescence

Is it?  Since when?  If it is true then someone had better contact SETI to let them know they are wasting their time and effort in looking for ET life since it has apparently already been found.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2020, 05:24:47 PM »

Not just of 2019, but of all time thank you very much
You seem to be ignoring:
  • Flat Earth Scientist Professor Wise, PhD in FE from FECU and
  • Flat Earth Scientist Sandokhan and Flat Earth Sultan who, in the opinion of the Flat Earth Sultan knows more than all the astronomers and physicists who have ever lived.

John Davis

• Secretary Of The Society
  • Administrator
  • Most Prolific Scientist, 2019
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2020, 05:42:59 PM »
It would be foolish to think intelligent life doesn't exist. It would be equally foolish to think it does. I'm waiting on the jury on this one.
Quantum Ab Hoc

Bullwinkle

• Flat Earth Curator
  • Thread Janitor
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2020, 05:50:32 PM »
It would be foolish to think intelligent life doesn't exist. It would be equally foolish to think it does. I'm waiting on the jury on this one.

Haha, I always respond with, "what are the odds of something being true?"

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2020, 05:51:39 PM »

I'm with John on this one. So far, we really have no way of knowing, either way, with any confidence, and both are possible.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

John Davis

• Secretary Of The Society
  • Administrator
  • Most Prolific Scientist, 2019
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2020, 05:53:53 PM »
I've always thought the arguments for probabilistic takes on knowledge were a bit misguided. Using statistics to justify knowledge seems to be putting the cart before the horse.
Quantum Ab Hoc

« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2020, 09:46:48 AM »
It would be foolish to think intelligent life doesn't exist. It would be equally foolish to think it does.

I agree on both counts but according to your earlier claim it is 'well known' that the Moon is apparently teaming with life.  Yet as far as I know we are still waiting on the first official announcement of the discovery of life beyond Earth.  Or do you know something the rest of world doesn't?

« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2020, 02:56:13 PM »
no

you get two more guesses

If aliens exist, would their planets be flat too?

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2020, 12:39:37 AM »
There are quite a few flat earth theories, so its hard know which one could produce aliens or not. The domed flat earth cant have aliens, unless there are lots of flat earths with domes floating around.
Alternatively the infinite flat earth can have Aliens in another part of the infinite plane. Those aliens can easily visit if they discover snowmobile technology

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2020, 02:55:09 PM »
There are quite a few flat earth theories, so its hard know which one could produce aliens or not. The domed flat earth cant have aliens, unless there are lots of flat earths with domes floating around.
Alternatively the infinite flat earth can have Aliens in another part of the infinite plane. Those aliens can easily visit if they discover snowmobile technology

They've got UFOs, they don't need snowmobiles.

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2020, 08:36:33 PM »
UFO - Unidentified Flying Object.
If they have UFO's do they think that we are the aliens.
Www.imgur/mindblown.gif

Mikey T.

« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2020, 09:55:47 AM »
no

you get two more guesses

If aliens exist, would their planets be flat too?
If the FE were an infinite plane then there would an opportunity of other "solar systems" beyond our current known area that could harbor more advanced civilizations who can traverse the distances between and visit.  So, in that model, their "planets" would be flat so to speak.

Heavenly Breeze

• Be always great
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2020, 11:07:26 AM »
Does believing in FE mean not believing in any other forms of life outside of Earth?

Do you believe in intelligent ponies?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2020, 11:13:48 AM by Heavenly Breeze »

Are you sure that the earth is not such?

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2020, 11:26:43 AM »

First confirmed sighting I’m aware of back in 1961.

Your sparkly rainbow ponies first appeared in 81.  20 years later...  hmmm?  Could they all be the offspring of Mr Ed?

Consider this my personal contribution to the world’s conspiracy community.

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2020, 06:24:48 AM »

Define "intelligent"

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2020, 07:23:44 AM »

Your sparkly rainbow ponies first appeared in 81.  20 years later...  hmmm?  Could they all be the offspring of Mr Ed?

Mr. Ed is a horse, of course, not a pony. Listen to the theme song.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2020, 03:39:43 PM »

Oooh!  The first attempted debunking of my marvelous conspiracy theory.  Bring it, mofos!

Ponies are horses.  Next!

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2020, 04:08:39 PM »

You seem quite intelligent so I guess that I have to "believe in intelligent ponies ;)".
Though I doubt that you'd be classed under "any other forms of life outside of Earth" - you seem fairly "down to Earth" in a Russian sort of way.

magellanclavichord

• Cheerful Globularist
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2020, 06:13:04 PM »
UFO - Unidentified Flying Object.
If they have UFO's do they think that we are the aliens.
Www.imgur/mindblown.gif

If you are not an ornithologist then nearly every bird is a UFO. It flies and you cannot identify it. (A few birds are flightless, but not very many.) I see UFOs flying around outside my windows every day. (Since I am not an ornithologist.)

Note: I'll include experienced bird-watchers in the category "amateur ornithologist."

I'm not an an informed bird-watcher either.

Define "intelligent"

Intelligence: A mental property that is absent on Earth but which some people think might characterize the creatures of some other planets. It is impossible to rule out the possibility that the putative intelligent creatures on another planet might be ponies. I personally think that is unlikely.

EvolvedMantisShrimp

• Physical Comedian
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2020, 08:23:27 PM »
 "If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little." -George Carlin
Nullius in Verba

« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2020, 08:23:38 AM »

Oooh!  The first attempted debunking of my marvelous conspiracy theory.  Bring it, mofos!

All ponies are horses, but not all horses are ponies. Mr. Ed is not a pony.

magellanclavichord

• Cheerful Globularist
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2020, 02:44:15 PM »

Given the typical lifespan of horses, Mr. Ed is nothing at all now.

« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2020, 03:58:51 PM »

Good catch! Mr. Ed wasn't a pony, either.

Shifter

• ASI
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2020, 03:29:21 AM »

Good catch! Mr. Ed wasn't a pony, either.

Mr Ed is not nothing. We can be relatively assured that he will be 'nothing' in about 10^10^40 years though when all particles are theorised to collapse into black holes and evaporite almost instantly.

So post back at that time

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2020, 04:30:27 AM »

Mr Ed is not nothing. We can be relatively assured that he will be 'nothing' in about 10^10^40 years though when all particles are theorised to collapse into black holes and evaporite almost instantly.

A far shorter time than that!
The average lifetime of an electron is "only" about 6.6 × 1028 yr a proton might decay in 1031 to 1036 yr depending whose physics you prefer.
In less than 10 lifetimes there's near enough to nothing but lots of neutrinos and other very light subatomic particles.

I doubt it'll keep anyone awake at night. That electron lifetime is 4.9 x 1018 times the age of this Universe.

But for me it's enough to say "Poor Ed is dead"!

Shifter

• ASI
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2020, 05:47:17 AM »

A far shorter time than that!
The average lifetime of an electron is "only" about 6.6 × 1028 yr a proton might decay in 1031 to 1036 yr depending whose physics you prefer.
In less than 10 lifetimes there's near enough to nothing but lots of neutrinos and other very light subatomic particles.

I doubt it'll keep anyone awake at night. That electron lifetime is 4.9 x 1018 times the age of this Universe.

But for me it's enough to say "Poor Ed is dead"!

I'm not satisfied until the last subatomic particle in the universe has decayed and there is literally nothing left. Nothing. Until then, there is something of Mr Ed left.

Also, protons wont decay.